Dunelm Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Lovely people, just not the right job for me!
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Bristol26 September 2018
Very flexible with hours and lovely members of staff, however, as the store wasn't extremely busy as I've been used to in past jobs, I found myself with nothing to do often
Pros
Flexible!
Cons
Have to learn about every range in store
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich14 June 2018
Work life at Dunelm isn’t constantly on the go. It’s a bit more slow going in my opinion. I had a great team to work with. The days just seemed to go very slowly unfortunately.
Pros
Team I worked with were amazing!
Cons
Contract was never changed.
Fun workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire3 May 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Dunelm.

I left due to health reasons which management didn't seem to understand and kept messing me round when I needed time off for appointments.

Other than that its a brilliant place to work and most of the staff are genuinely lovely. Great rewards!

Perfect student job.
Productive Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Antrim21 October 2017
not a hard job
gained alot of experience in retail
pays and and bonus are decent
people are easy to get to know
training available
staff discount available
Bad Company to work for
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cornwall16 August 2017
My typical day has lots of different jobs to complete, non of which I have the time to do, because we are always short staffed and I always get called away to do something else. I have worked there for a year and the training has been pretty non-exsistant, what I have learned is by asking other colleagues. We have had a new Manager in the last three months and he has been great, very approachable and he actually listens to you, but before he came the Management was appaulling. My colleagues are mostly great, we help each other. The hardest part of the job, is the tidying up, it's never ending. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Not enough staff
boring
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage24 July 2017
only worked here for a short period of time so didnt really get settled in to give a proper review so from what i remember is that the staff were freindly some were abit stuck up but all in all the easy place to work in really
Fun place to work.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sittingbourne, Kent17 January 2017
Great place to work, Learn new skills, the team are great. You've just got to be organised and make sure to prioritise yourself in doing everyday jobs while giving great customer service to customers
A great place to work
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington3 January 2017
I enjoy working at Dunelm. I like the variety of my work and I would be willing to take on additional hours if they are available. The people I work with are a good team. I feel I always have someone I can go to for help or assistance.
Hardworking but fun
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromborough, ENG8 October 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about numbers but how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what i did each day, ranging from monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
customer service
Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Shields, ENG29 August 2015
having a big smile on my face when listening and taking to customers, dealing with different situations and how I handing them in work.
Pros
discouct
Cons
not enought hours and management suffincy
great working there
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cramlington11 May 2015
enjoyed working with staff and customers, enjoyed fast environment , always switching jobs from helping customers to working in warehouse.
Pros
great people, fun jobs
Productive workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, ENG14 January 2015
A typical day at work would include duties of unpacking the new stock and putting the old stock onto shelves, I learned how to use new equipment in the correct way with the correct PPE. The workers there are all lovely people and very understanding of all their customers needs. The hardest part of the job was the lifting for me, personally. I was asked to carry rugs and carpets single handed and it was difficult at times, the most enjoyable part of the job was the fun I had, I was welcomed by all the staff and even the customers were jolly, just an over all happy environment to be in.
Pros
Lunch/Break/Power breaks.
Cons
Long hours.