DULWICH COLLEGE

DULWICH COLLEGE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
I have been here as a trainee for a few weeks and I absolutely love it. The students are motivated and hard working. The teachers are so helpful and knowledgeable.
Good place to work, great team and management. Work day varied depending of work schedules with contractors and clients. Easy commute if you live in the southeast london Borough.
A very strange place to work, almost like entering a twilight zone beyond reality whereby modernity has somehow passed by and not be invited in.

Relationships between staff are either very close or very far,this causes animosity and salary differences

Some staff are known to be useless but are still employed. Senior management are 10-15 years behind modern management.

Safeguarding of children is a complete joke in reality. A vast majority of the operational team hate the place and hate senior management and regularly despair at what goes on.

Serious money is wasted away on ridiculous issues yet this is kept away from high fee paying parents.

Senior operational management love the sound of their own voices and will dismiss other experienced or intelligent employees

The salaries are very poor, totally no progression, poor staff management, poor direction, poor leadership.

Harassment is covered up and those who mention it are disciplined.

The free lunches in term are ok but out of term are awful and often give upset stomachs.

Security is almost non existent baring in mind that there are boarders on campus this is a huge safety issue.

The operational side of the College has many many cracks in it but are covered up by two of the senior operational team,

DO NOT WORK AT THE COLLEGE unless you are brainless and moronic!
Pros
free lunch (ish)/ free gym
Cons
see above
Dulwich College es un gran colegio situado en Londres. Se trabaja bien.
He adquirido buena experiencia y me ha servido para aprender y crecer en este sector.
Pros
Aprendes Inglés, comes “gratis”
Cons
Siempre entraba y salía trabajadores nuevos, sobre todo en mi puesto, con lo cual, nunca estaba del todo cómodo ya que siempre tenía que conocer y explicar la función del trabajo
management very poor, no room at all for progression. Very oppressive and suppressive atmosphere. Input is never heard. Not a place for young people, especially in Operations.
Pros
free meals, gym.
Cons
Long Hours, indecisiveness throughout. NO communication.
Really good team to work with and nice and kind people!
A really interesting job with different environments and a lot of new technologies.

I am learning a lot!
Management are not very supportive
Hardest part is doing two job roles and no appraisal

Not very motivated team

I have gained more experience using CAFM explorer and knowledge of PPMs
Great place to work and all the staff and students are welcoming and polite. Had I of not been maternity cover I would have been more than happy to work at Dulwich College permanently.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
early start
enjoyed the team work, allowed me to focus on achieving a excellent work ethic. hardest part was knowing that the project was going to end. learned various skills to gain more experience.
Pros
gaining new skills
Cons
temporary contract
Dulwich College has a vibrant and friendly atmosphere. Colleagues are encouraging and supportive. The management is understanding and good humoured. Sometimes keeping all the equipment ordered and under control was challenging but seeing happy students and people interested in Physics makes it all worthwhile.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No career advancement for technicians
Dulwich College is a very good company to work for, they value their employees and provide a united workforce.
Is a volunteer job that offers me the chance to start getting into teaching in England.
I am just working in the Spanish department, but I ahve to say that the teachers are very good and I am very impressed of the high level of Spanish the studends already have.
Pros
Free lunches, motivated students, access to a wonderful library
Cons
Very far away from where I live.