Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
A very good place to work but a salaries are poor.
Lots of wise and open minded people are working there

great team work einvormental

no pressure from mangament
Pros
Cons
a poor salaries
As a clinical support worker I loved my job. But I found the hours long as only had 12 hour days, to get a decent wage you needed to work weekends nights and holidays,constantly under staffed and pushed to the limit often not having required breaks. Having to take some time off for health reasons I received minimal support and no compassion. Felt forced to resign.
Very stressful place to work. Understaffed with lots of overtime to fill the gaps. No job security at the moment. Good people being taken for granted.
Enjoyed working in the resuscitation,triage room the most.The staff is dedicated and work very hard to achieve the atmost high standard of nursing care.Staff work together as a team.Nights shifts and beginning of the week are the hardest shifts .The staff's values care,respect and responsibility are the key points to deliver patients care.The staff especially in the emergency department is regularly praised for its welcoming and caring nature.
Pros
working closer to work, good working atmospere, team work amongs colleages.
Cons
long hours.rotational shifts.
a good place to work some wards better than others. not enough staff on as with most nursing jobs in hospitals. Wages are good and the fact that even bank work lets you pay into the nhs pension scheme
Pros
wages
Cons
patients per nurse
I would start the day by answering my telephone messages and dealing with any requests from patients or internal customers. I would then prepare clinics if they were clinic days. I would then type during the morning following dealing with the opening of post. I would start to review my waiting lists during the afternoon and type any results letters to GP's and patients. Filing would take place during the afternoon as would any other duties required following opening the afternoon post.
I learned a lot about cancer and about surgery. I also learned to use a different hospital system and how to do theatre lists.

Management was not very helpful at this hospital and I found the other staff to be supportive but very disatisfied with the operation of the surgical department.

The hardest part of this job was the frustration at lack of money within the NHS and how this impacted on the patients and staff. People had to work very hard just to manage on a day to day basis and this was quite difficult.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when a patient contacted me to say they were very pleased and grateful for the outcome of their surgery. I very much enjoyed my contact with the patients.
Pros
Salary and the patients
Cons
Very very high level of responsibilty and the problems within the NHS due to funding
It is a good place to work and it is fun and the staff are friendly.
Pros
20% off the meals in the canteen
Cons
no cons