Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
I Enjoy working within the Dudley group. I have made some excellent colleagues and friends and find the camaraderie to be like nothing I have ever experienced before.
As a clinical support worker I loved my job. But I found the hours long as only had 12 hour days, to get a decent wage you needed to work weekends nights and holidays,constantly under staffed and pushed to the limit often not having required breaks. Having to take some time off for health reasons I received minimal support and no compassion. Felt forced to resign.
Undervalued, underpaid, over worked! Worked within the trust for 10 years and has slowly declined. No longer a health trust but now a business that clearly does not care!
This is a very autocratic organisation, it also has a total disregard to the culture within its workforce, there is a lack of support in addressing issues within teams and an obvious blame culture. This hasn’t changed for many years and is archaic in its bureaucracy
I was lucky to get this job which I'll feel sad to leave.

My colleagues are hard working, earthy and an all round good bunch.

Management facilitated my involvement in our tongue-tie procedure clinic which was of real interest to me. I attended an NHS Infant feeding course with acclaimed and inspiring speakers and I was also enabled to go to the UNICEF conference last year.

This job inspired me to privately home study to inform my Infant Feeding role furthermore.

I wish my contract could've been extended, my role enhanced educationally and rewarded therein. It was my intention to eventually take a Lactation Consultant course.
Pros
Uplifting. It's life-affirming supporting Moms to feed their newborns.
Cons
Shifts including my public transport commute are almost 14.5 hours long.
A very good place to work but a salaries are poor.
Lots of wise and open minded people are working there

great team work einvormental

no pressure from mangament
Pros
Cons
a poor salaries
An excellent place to work. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful even though it was an extremely busy time implementing the EPR system.
The timescales for implementing the project were extremely challenging however the staff were all committed to ensure that it was implemented on time and to budget.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Tight project timescales
This is a very sad place to work. It is such a shame that the very hardworking staff are bullied into submission by the completely inept management.

There is something very wrong with an organisation where staff are constantly bombarded with encouragement to whistle blow and yet anyone who does then disappears without explanation. The ability to speak of concerns should be implicit and should not require advertising.

Be warned, witch hunting and scapegoating is a daily pastime for management and applies to staff at all levels.
Pros
Comararderie despite culture of bullying
Cons
Disgraceful mis-management
Very stressful place to work. Understaffed with lots of overtime to fill the gaps. No job security at the moment. Good people being taken for granted.
Enjoyed working with lovely work colleagues in what were sometimes very difficult circumstances that created regular daily challenges. The hardest part of the job was never having enough time due to constant work role demand to solve everyones problems despite trying.
Worked with a good team and enjoyed assisting the patients. Learnt a lot from working with the various colleagues I worked with and had an overall good three years despite the challenges.
Pros
Working hours, work/life balance
Cons
high pressured job
Innovative work place with a open and honest culture. Staff are extremely pleasent and hard working. Hospital is in a great location. Good rail and bus links.
Excellent company to work for with an excellent reputation.

Committed to compliance and excellence.

I have line managed staff whilst being at the Dudley Group and I have an clear understanding of the sickness absence and the appraisal process to develop and encourage staff.
Working between hospitals and Drs surgeries, transporting Drs specimens and medical notes. Great job if you liked driving. The hardest part the job was keeping to schedule if the traffic was bad. The best part of the job was meeting different people .
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Traffic delays
Staff bullying is unbelievable. Stafg turn around is high always jobs going..no staff morale. Management are the worst i have seen.
No flexibility even though they claim flexible working lives.
Pros
Cons
A place full.of bullies
Enjoyed working in the resuscitation,triage room the most.The staff is dedicated and work very hard to achieve the atmost high standard of nursing care.Staff work together as a team.Nights shifts and beginning of the week are the hardest shifts .The staff's values care,respect and responsibility are the key points to deliver patients care.The staff especially in the emergency department is regularly praised for its welcoming and caring nature.
Pros
working closer to work, good working atmospere, team work amongs colleages.
Cons
long hours.rotational shifts.
a good place to work some wards better than others. not enough staff on as with most nursing jobs in hospitals. Wages are good and the fact that even bank work lets you pay into the nhs pension scheme
Pros
wages
Cons
patients per nurse
All members of the multi disciplinary are courteous, caring and hard working.
A good working experience, although changed dramatically over the past twelve months.
Pros
Good team members
Cons
Waiting time dalays
Regional NHS Foundation Trust catering for inpatient and outpatient service users across the West Midlands region.
Good therapy team. Very client centered and managed very well
I would start the day by answering my telephone messages and dealing with any requests from patients or internal customers. I would then prepare clinics if they were clinic days. I would then type during the morning following dealing with the opening of post. I would start to review my waiting lists during the afternoon and type any results letters to GP's and patients. Filing would take place during the afternoon as would any other duties required following opening the afternoon post.
I learned a lot about cancer and about surgery. I also learned to use a different hospital system and how to do theatre lists.

Management was not very helpful at this hospital and I found the other staff to be supportive but very disatisfied with the operation of the surgical department.

The hardest part of this job was the frustration at lack of money within the NHS and how this impacted on the patients and staff. People had to work very hard just to manage on a day to day basis and this was quite difficult.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when a patient contacted me to say they were very pleased and grateful for the outcome of their surgery. I very much enjoyed my contact with the patients.
Pros
Salary and the patients
Cons
Very very high level of responsibilty and the problems within the NHS due to funding