Driver Hire Employee Reviews

Hurrendous company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 August 2018
Went down to fill in forms etc, took forever, all cocky staff sat there doing nothing. Total waste of time no work ever.. ( Leeds office ) stay well clean if I was you!!!
15 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our offices aim to offer a very high level of service to the people working for us and I'm sorry if you did not feel you received this at that time. If you would like us to look into this in more detail for you, please contact us directly via the feedback form on the Contact Page of our website.

Advise against
Fork Lift Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim10 August 2018
I informed in advance that I would finish the cooperation, I wanted to be honest with Driver Hire. Effect: I haven't get the full last pay and holiday pay and P45. The agency does not reply to emails and messages.
Pros
hahaha
Cons
low wages
15 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. The service you describe does not match the positive candidate experiences that our Driver Hire offices aim to provide. We’ve been in touch with the Belfast office and they’ve confirmed that if you would like to contact them directly via telephone, they are happy to offer advice regarding your concerns.

Group Marketing Director

I have found the Swansea branch very good
Delivery Driver.7.5 driver (Current Employee) –  Swansea31 July 2018
They have kept me in work since i joined them and now i have a opportunity to join one of the companies i was assigned to full time.
The office staff have been brill
Pros
A lot
15 August 2018

We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by the Driver Hire Swansea office. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, I’ll pass on your comments to the team.

Unreliable Company
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 July 2018
I registered with Driver Hire 2 years ago
At Leeds office

I had 3 weeks work

I called several times to ask for work
Was told ring back, Rang back several times

Negative response, Reply was = Regular Drivers have priority
OK, Can understand that from Driver Hire point of view, But unfair

The consultant must have wrote my file off, Never heard anything since

Driver Hire announced that they have had a record breaking profitable year and they state they are the top recruitment company ?

Maybe so, But when I complained I never had any reply

Think if your face fits then you will get work

Go elsewhere, Don't use them !

Yours
Multidrop Van & 7.5 Ton Driver of 21 years
15 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am sorry that you didn’t receive a response regarding any previous concerns you may have had. If you would like us to look into your concerns regarding this particular Driver Hire office, please contact us directly via the feedback form on the Contact Page of our website.

Newcastle office is terrible
Multi drop Van driver (Current Employee) –  North East18 July 2018
They advertise jobs that don't exist to get you to sign up. Shifts are cancelled last minute even if you've travelled there you receive no pay or money for diesel. The idiots in the office will tell you anything to work a shift then turn thier back on you. The pay is very low compared to all other driver agencies in the north east. Best connection is a much better option than these bunch of clowns
Pros
Cons
Low pay, bad agency office staff
15 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Whilst we can’t comment on the specific roles you refer to in your review, the experience you describe doesn’t match the positive feedback we often receive from other people. Quality candidates are at the heart of our business and all of our offices aim to look after them well. If you would like us to look into your specific concerns please contact us directly via the feedback form on the Contact Page of our website.

Good Agency
Driver (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City6 July 2018
I have been a driver for the Aberdeen office on and off over the last few years and always found the staff friendly and helpful. Some of the jobs you get can be short notice but they have always been able to keep me busy when I have needed work.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Sometime jobs are short notice
12 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by the Aberdeen office - I’ll pass on your comments to the team.

No respect, rude staff
Multi Drop Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 July 2018
They trying to get you as much responsibilities as possible for as less as possible - they are looking for desperate people who will work for the minimum national wage. Staff are behaving like they owe you and if you don’t like it - leave! As they have plenty silly people to use until they rise they voice! Shame on them! Would never recommend this agency to anyone!!!
Pros
F* all
Cons
Only
12 July 2018

I'm sorry if you have had a negative experience with Driver Hire. As you'll hopefully see from other positive Indeed reviews, what you describe doesn't match the service that our offices aim to give.

You're welcome to contact us directly with more information if you would like us to look into this in detail. You will find a feedback form on the Contact page of the Driver Hire website.

Group Marketing Director

Newcastle branch is a joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear23 June 2018
Don’t waste your time Newcastle branch is a joke. Advertising jobs that are not even there just want numbers on the books then when you ring up and ask for work they say you can’t have any because of a bad riview from a company that I never even went to
29 June 2018

Thanks for leaving feedback. We're sorry if you have had a negative experience with Driver Hire, what you describe doesn't match the service that our offices aim to provide.

You will find a feedback form on the Contact Page of our website if you would like to give us more information.

Good people
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh16 June 2018
Spent a very happy 18 months with driver hire. Constant work, wages paid on time and very approachable staff. Overall a really enjoyable time. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company.
Pros
Well looked after, constant work .
19 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and we’re delighted that you have been well looked after by your local office. I’ll pass on your comments to the team.

Group Marketing Director

Not at all happy with service
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire11 June 2018
On gaining my class 2 licence these where the second agency that I used ,the other being as helpfull!!!.I had a never ending stream of false hopes and most the time had to ask the client for work directly so they could then get the lincoln office in touch...if you couldn't work for any reason the child in charge of the lincoln office threw his teddy out the pram and went silent offering no work,also there was plenty advertised on indeed but after applying ..nothing...saying there is no work....other then lining up my own client for odd days all i was offered was bin man...no disrespect but I didn't spend £2000 on a licence to pick up rubbish.it's realy put me off driving hgv vehicles with the service so poor ,no wonder there is a national shortage.Thank you for not helping .!!
Pros
Cons
lincoln office staff unapproachable and mardy
19 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback - We’re sorry if your experience of working with Driver Hire wasn’t as good as it should be. What you describe doesn't match the service that our offices aim to provide.

You are welcome to contact me with additional information if you would like us to follow up in more detail. You can email marketing@driverhire.co.uk

Exploitation and Corruption
Dogsbody (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway31 May 2018
Irregular, inconsistent and infuriating. Obnoxious and odious management. Illegally hold on to holiday entitlement and enhanced hourly rates. Serious employment lawbreaking
Pros
Cons
Lots
5 June 2018

Thanks for raising concerns about one particular branch. If you would like us to look into this in more detail for you, please email any additional information to marketing@driverhire.co.uk.

No issues whatsoever
Temporary Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester South and Bolton/Wigan17 May 2018
I have worked as a temporary driver for Driver Hire since March 2017 at both the Manchester South (2017) and Bolton and Wigan (2018) offices. Both offices provided a great candidate experience. My personal situation dictates that I can only do 2/3 days per week and invariably they fill those days with work that satisfies me. No issues.
Pros
They work around my circumstances
5 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by both the Manchester South and Bolton & Wigan offices. I’ll be passing on your comments.

Certainly kept me busy
7.5t Driver (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire16 May 2018
Having said I was looking for as much work as I am allowed, the team at Driver Hire have certainly kept me busy, Thank you. A good variety of roles and clients.
Pros
Lots of work
5 June 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us regarding Driver Hire Shrewsbury. We’ll pass on your comments to the team.

Low wages
HGV Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh9 May 2018
Driver Hire are only good for a stopgap while looking for work, they are one of the lowest paying agencies I have worked for. They charge the client the same and more as other agencies but it’s not filtered through to the driver.
Pros
Useful for shifts
Cons
Low pay
5 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Whilst we can’t comment on the specific pay you refer to in your review, we would always want to make sure that candidates receive a fair rate of pay and that you understand clearly what you should be receiving. If you do have any questions about this, please speak directly to your local office, or feel free to contact me at marketing@driverhire.co.uk.

Group Marketing Director

Good people to work for, nice staff
driver (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire8 May 2018
Enjoyed my time here they were busy, once you had a placement things got better and work was stable, had a nice round dropping off to shops in the surrounding towns
5 June 2018

Thanks for your feedback and we’re pleased that you enjoyed working for Driver Hire. We’ll certainly pass on your comments to the team in Stoke.

Great to work with
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St Boswells, Scottish Borders23 April 2018
I dealt with mostly carol and vikki at the galasheils office and never had an issue always helpful and friendly got me jobs when I needed them no problem if I ever find myself needing there help again I wouldn’t hesitate to give them a call
1 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback with us. I’m glad to hear how happy you are with the service that our team in the Borders office are providing - I will be passing on your comments to the team.

Not the worst.
Class 2 driver (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester15 April 2018
Management isn’t that bad, usually a full weeks work.
Decided to go elsewhere after they didn’t bother paying holiday pay after I was ill for a week and no work for 2 weeks after.
Pros
Usually a lot of work.
Cons
Low pay, they don’t like to give you your holiday pay.
17 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm sorry your experience with Driver Hire fell short of your expectations. If you would like us to look into your concerns in further detail, please email us at marketing@driverhire.co.uk

Evasive with misleading communication
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire4 April 2018
Work’s okay (as it’s not them you work with, fortunately). Arrogant staff without much of a grasp of what an agent’s role is legally, nor in facilitating the provision of work.

Agency relationships aren’t always the best but they’re exceptionally unprofessional.

I’d recommend all communication is done on writing. They’ll try to call, refuse and insist on your preferred mode of communication. Do not trust a word they say.
Cons
Poor/misleading communication
11 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I'm sorry you have had a negative experience with Driver Hire, what you describe doesn't match the service that our offices aim to provide.

If you would like to send us an email (marketing@driverhire.co.uk) with more information, we will look into your concerns.

Group Marketing Director

Good agency but unlawful deductions from wages
Class 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Brighton9 March 2018
Been with driver hire since 2016. I can't thank them enough for finding me really good quality work with some really good employers. The staff are always helpful and polite. However they recently changed 'umbrella' companies and now deduct monies from my wages which I am forced to pay. After investigation these are mostly unlawful deductions but nobody listened when I complained. Be careful what you sign.
Pros
Always lots of good quality work
Cons
Lack of clarification regarding deductions
14 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we’re delighted that you have been well looked after by our Brighton office. We’re passing your comments on as I am sure they will be pleased.

As regards the way you are paid, I can assure you that Driver Hire looked at these arrangements in great detail before adopting an umbrella payment model where that is appropriate. We would only ever use a payment model that fully complies with the law. If you are in any doubt about how this applies to your own circumstances, please do get in touch so that you can have the clarification you need. I am sorry if that was not the case when you first asked the question.

You are welcome to call the office direct, or to contact us via marketing@driverhire.co.uk

Not the best.
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Grangemouth, Falkirk3 March 2018
Had a quite alot of shift through driver hire grsngemouth when between employment, mostly as a driver's mate.
Had a few phone calls after 10oclock at night asking me to work the following morning (usually start time between 2am and 7am) which I usually accepted to help out.
But when jobs get cancelled I was never contacted So wasted my time traveling on quite a few occasions.

Staff were decent but finally had enough when shifts got cancelled and I wasn't told found another agency.
Pros
Friendly staff. No issues with pay
Cons
Minimum wage. Late night calls. No cancellation notice.
8 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are always aiming to improve our services here at Driver Hire and this will help. I will pass on your comments to the Grangemouth office.

Group Marketing Director

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Driver Hire. Our community is ready to answer.