Driver Hire Employee Reviews

If you value your ability and wish to progress forget it!!!!
7.5t Driver (Current Employee) –  Northwest15 October 2018
If I had Known and been informed that I would be penalised in monetary terms I would have never been sucked into this company at their local branch at Carnforth.
This branch is money orientated . It does not care about its employees only about the revenue they produce.
Pros
Cons
It would be akin to rewriting Tolstoy's War and Peace.
Ayrshire office is a joke!
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Prestwick, South Ayrshire12 October 2018
Be wary of the office in Ayrshire. Nasty pieces of work these 2 ladies. All nice when their earning off your hard labour, best of luck the day you say no. Abusive and insulting. You've been warned.
Pros
Cons
abusive language, insults
16 October 2018

I'm sorry if you have had a negative experience with Driver Hire. As you'll hopefully see from other positive Indeed reviews, what you describe doesn't match the service that our offices aim to give.

If you would like us to look into this in detail, you're welcome to contact us directly with more information by completing the feedback form on the Contact page of the Driver Hire website.

Driving
Driver delivery (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 October 2018
Really good team to work for. All ways work and good pay too. Always help u if Ur in need.
They help with ur CPC .....and other training too. They really try to get work for everyone they work 24 /7.
16 October 2018

Thank you for leaving feedback. We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by Driver Hire Birmingham. I’ll pass on your comments.

Group Marketing Director

National Accounts Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire8 October 2018
During my year at Driver Hire I had various contracts, all of which I thoroughly enjoyed.

My managers were the best and were always ready to help.

Was like being part of a big family.

Feel that company really care about its staff.

Hardest part for me was having to leave a great place of work and the most enjoyable was meeting and making some great friends, management and staff alike.
Pros
Cons
Had to leave
16 October 2018

We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by Driver Hire Group Services. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and I have passed on your comments to the team.

C+E driver (Former Employee) –  Blackburn lancs2 October 2018
Driver Hire Blackburn good place to work for never any problems if just starting out try them they are not a Mickey mouse agency well run with helpful staff
Pros
You can pick when you want to work
Cons
Not aways work available
9 October 2018

We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by the Driver Hire Blackburn office. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, I’ll pass on your comments to the team.

Loved it
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Galashiels16 September 2018
Everyday was something different all the jobs I was given the employers were great and supportive I wpuld go back there if the hours were more secure .
Pros
Cons
No job security
21 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by the Driver Hire Borders office, I’ll pass on your comments to the team.

Hurrendous company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 August 2018
Went down to fill in forms etc, took forever, all cocky staff sat there doing nothing. Total waste of time no work ever.. ( Leeds office ) stay well clean if I was you!!!
15 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our offices aim to offer a very high level of service to the people working for us and I'm sorry if you did not feel you received this at that time. If you would like us to look into this in more detail for you, please contact us directly via the feedback form on the Contact Page of our website.

Advise against
Fork Lift Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim10 August 2018
I informed in advance that I would finish the cooperation, I wanted to be honest with Driver Hire. Effect: I haven't get the full last pay and holiday pay and P45. The agency does not reply to emails and messages.
Pros
hahaha
Cons
low wages
15 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. The service you describe does not match the positive candidate experiences that our Driver Hire offices aim to provide. We’ve been in touch with the Belfast office and they’ve confirmed that if you would like to contact them directly via telephone, they are happy to offer advice regarding your concerns.

Group Marketing Director

I have found the Swansea branch very good
Delivery Driver.7.5 driver (Current Employee) –  Swansea31 July 2018
They have kept me in work since i joined them and now i have a opportunity to join one of the companies i was assigned to full time.
The office staff have been brill
Pros
A lot
15 August 2018

We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by the Driver Hire Swansea office. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, I’ll pass on your comments to the team.

Unreliable Company
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 July 2018
I registered with Driver Hire 2 years ago
At Leeds office

I had 3 weeks work

I called several times to ask for work
Was told ring back, Rang back several times

Negative response, Reply was = Regular Drivers have priority
OK, Can understand that from Driver Hire point of view, But unfair

The consultant must have wrote my file off, Never heard anything since

Driver Hire announced that they have had a record breaking profitable year and they state they are the top recruitment company ?

Maybe so, But when I complained I never had any reply

Think if your face fits then you will get work

Go elsewhere, Don't use them !

Yours
Multidrop Van & 7.5 Ton Driver of 21 years
15 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am sorry that you didn’t receive a response regarding any previous concerns you may have had. If you would like us to look into your concerns regarding this particular Driver Hire office, please contact us directly via the feedback form on the Contact Page of our website.

Newcastle office is terrible
Multi drop Van driver (Current Employee) –  North East18 July 2018
They advertise jobs that don't exist to get you to sign up. Shifts are cancelled last minute even if you've travelled there you receive no pay or money for diesel. The idiots in the office will tell you anything to work a shift then turn thier back on you. The pay is very low compared to all other driver agencies in the north east. Best connection is a much better option than these bunch of clowns
Pros
Cons
Low pay, bad agency office staff
15 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Whilst we can’t comment on the specific roles you refer to in your review, the experience you describe doesn’t match the positive feedback we often receive from other people. Quality candidates are at the heart of our business and all of our offices aim to look after them well. If you would like us to look into your specific concerns please contact us directly via the feedback form on the Contact Page of our website.

Good Agency
Driver (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City6 July 2018
I have been a driver for the Aberdeen office on and off over the last few years and always found the staff friendly and helpful. Some of the jobs you get can be short notice but they have always been able to keep me busy when I have needed work.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Sometime jobs are short notice
12 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by the Aberdeen office - I’ll pass on your comments to the team.

No respect, rude staff
Multi Drop Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 July 2018
They trying to get you as much responsibilities as possible for as less as possible - they are looking for desperate people who will work for the minimum national wage. Staff are behaving like they owe you and if you don’t like it - leave! As they have plenty silly people to use until they rise they voice! Shame on them! Would never recommend this agency to anyone!!!
Pros
F* all
Cons
Only
12 July 2018

You're welcome to contact us directly with more information if you would like us to look into this in detail. You will find a feedback form on the Contact page of the Driver Hire website.

Busy
Driver (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen1 July 2018
Day to day jobs vary and the company don't necessarily meet the needs of the employees.
Nothing much to learn as an agency they require you to have the necessary skills and certification prior to starting.
Basically it is a job (when you are working) to pay the bills and keep working following redundancy.
Pros
What pros
Cons
Work uncertain, Need to take days off for dentist etc, therefor no pay, long periods of no work, low pay when working
Newcastle branch is a joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear23 June 2018
Don’t waste your time Newcastle branch is a joke. Advertising jobs that are not even there just want numbers on the books then when you ring up and ask for work they say you can’t have any because of a bad riview from a company that I never even went to
29 June 2018

Thanks for leaving feedback. We're sorry if you have had a negative experience with Driver Hire, what you describe doesn't match the service that our offices aim to provide.

You will find a feedback form on the Contact Page of our website if you would like to give us more information.

Good people
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh16 June 2018
Spent a very happy 18 months with driver hire. Constant work, wages paid on time and very approachable staff. Overall a really enjoyable time. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company.
Pros
Well looked after, constant work .
19 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and we’re delighted that you have been well looked after by your local office. I’ll pass on your comments to the team.

Group Marketing Director

Not at all happy with service
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire11 June 2018
On gaining my class 2 licence these where the second agency that I used ,the other being as helpfull!!!.I had a never ending stream of false hopes and most the time had to ask the client for work directly so they could then get the lincoln office in touch...if you couldn't work for any reason the child in charge of the lincoln office threw his teddy out the pram and went silent offering no work,also there was plenty advertised on indeed but after applying ..nothing...saying there is no work....other then lining up my own client for odd days all i was offered was bin man...no disrespect but I didn't spend £2000 on a licence to pick up rubbish.it's realy put me off driving hgv vehicles with the service so poor ,no wonder there is a national shortage.Thank you for not helping .!!
Pros
Cons
lincoln office staff unapproachable and mardy
19 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback - We’re sorry if your experience of working with Driver Hire wasn’t as good as it should be. What you describe doesn't match the service that our offices aim to provide.

You are welcome to contact me with additional information if you would like us to follow up in more detail. You can email marketing@driverhire.co.uk

Exploitation and Corruption
Dogsbody (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway31 May 2018
Irregular, inconsistent and infuriating. Obnoxious and odious management. Illegally hold on to holiday entitlement and enhanced hourly rates. Serious employment lawbreaking
Pros
Cons
Lots
5 June 2018

Thanks for raising concerns about one particular branch. If you would like us to look into this in more detail for you, please email any additional information to marketing@driverhire.co.uk.

No issues whatsoever
Temporary Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester South and Bolton/Wigan17 May 2018
I have worked as a temporary driver for Driver Hire since March 2017 at both the Manchester South (2017) and Bolton and Wigan (2018) offices. Both offices provided a great candidate experience. My personal situation dictates that I can only do 2/3 days per week and invariably they fill those days with work that satisfies me. No issues.
Pros
They work around my circumstances
5 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by both the Manchester South and Bolton & Wigan offices. I’ll be passing on your comments.

Certainly kept me busy
7.5t Driver (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire16 May 2018
Having said I was looking for as much work as I am allowed, the team at Driver Hire have certainly kept me busy, Thank you. A good variety of roles and clients.
Pros
Lots of work
5 June 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us regarding Driver Hire Shrewsbury. We’ll pass on your comments to the team.

Group Marketing Director

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Driver Hire. Our community is ready to answer.