Driver Hire

Driver Hire Employee Reviews

United Kingdom327 reviews
Relaxed work ethic
Gave management 2 stars as at the time of my employment the manager was not the nicest man and had alot of negative attitude towards his emplyers, have recently called and thinking on returning to them as management changed, overall jobs I had were fab enjoyed the work wants stressed or under pressure at all....
good placements, no pressure friendly staff
I have had only a good experience with Driver Hire in providing me with suitable work and not pressurised to take every job that they offer, and never a problem with my money being paid on time.
friendly and pleasent working enviroment
I have been with the company for the past 8 years and they have always managed to keep me in continuous work for the past 7 years with the same company.
Pros
flexible on when needin to take time off
30 April 2020
Thanks for the great comments. We're delighted to read this feedback and are happy to know you enjoy working with Driver Hire Norwich. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments.

Group Marketing Director
Very big gaps between work.
Difficulties in living on 1 or 2 day weeks. They never offered me long term contracts and they still used a umbrella scheme for pay which is always rubbish
30 April 2020
Thanks for leaving us your comments. We are sorry if the work was not as regular as you would hope, but we are sure you will understand that demand will always vary, especially in these difficult times.

Relax easy going
Its good for flexibility and independence but not the best paying and no competitive usually offer job for days or a week at a time unlike other agencies will go out and secure contracts and work but still recommend
30 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and for recommending Driver Hire Glasgow to other candidates seeking work. We will pass on your comments to the team.

Just rude.
I attended the interview at the requested time, it was 30 minutes late,No apology. I dressed in suit & tie, near the end of the interview the girl said I see your arms are tattooed(she noticed despite a long sleeved shirt), her further comments were "some of our clients dont like tattoos, so wear a jacket!
Once I'd got the job every time they phoned to give me work the operator would say oh! I see your tattooed, we'll phone you back, sometimes they did, other times not.

Most of the work loads were impossible to complete, wagons loaded incorrectly & the shifts well over 9-10 hours.

In the end I told them where to go!
Pros
nothing
30 April 2020
Thanks for your feedback. All Driver Hire offices aim to provide all candidates with the best possible experience, and can assure you that discrimination for any reason would not be tolerated. Whilst we cannot comment directly on comments that may have been made in this case, we wonder if you may be talking about another agency?

We passed on your comments to the office you refer to who have informed us that the two staff members who carry out registrations are male (and both actually have tattoos themselves).

The Driver Hire Lincoln team have invited you to contact them on 01522 842999 so you can discuss this further.

CPC instructor
Great friendly staff and good communication when it comes to available work, invoices always paid on time and on going training available. I’ve been with Driverhire for over two years
Pros
On time invoices
30 April 2020
Thanks for the great comments. We're delighted to read this feedback and are happy to pass it on to the team at Driver Hire Training.

Group Marketing Director
Good company to work for.
It does what it says on the tin. Driver agency, they call you and offer you work and you either take it or you don't it's up to you.
As a Class 1 driver there is a good amount of class 1 work but every now and then you are offered class 2 work. Great team and very helpful.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Some times no work on day your available
30 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We’re happy that you enjoy working with Driver Hire and will pass on your feedback to the team.

Group Marketing Director
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Driver Hire?
Driver Hire Enfield Con Artists
I was working at a well known Family bakery on nights. I was being paid £11 p/h (in London). I was new so didn't realise I was being paid the so poorly. Other agencies were in there paying a minimum of 14p/h. I found out the manager of the branch and the guy who got me in there were claiming the rest of the money I should have been getting.
The other branches may be different but the Enfield one are con artists. I also got them a driver but they paid him less than me and gave him shifts over me so they could pocket even more money. I think they lost the contract there now as Warburtons found out about there ill greedy practises there. Will never use them again my advice is to avoid the Enfield branch.

Have to say i did use the Kent branch and they seemed a lot better and not shady like the Enfield branch.
30 April 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. We never want to read negative feedback but if something has gone wrong it is better for us to hear about it so we can put things right. All Driver Hire offices try to give candidates a positive experience and we are proud to receive lots of good feedback from people who work for us. We note your positive comment about other offices you have had dealings with in the past, but it is unfortunate that you have used such negative language in this post.

In regards to any issues with pay, I trust that you have raised this directly with the managers at the Enfield branch. Any concerns of this nature would be taken extremely seriously, since full compliance with the law is fundamental to our operations. If you still have any concerns on this point, please contact us via marketing@driverhire.co.uk and we will investigate further.

Waste of a call
I rang up for what they advertised as an immediate start and got told the branch manager would call back straight away !! Surprise surprise still waiting just another useless north east agency with nothing but dregs for work like the rest of them up here
30 April 2020
Thanks for your feedback. We try to do right by our candidates and in order to look into the concerns you raised, we passed on your comments to the team. I was advised that after it was explained that you would be required to re-register with us, you decided not to proceed and were impolite to one of our staff members. We are sorry that this did not work out for both parties, but we wish you the best during this time.

Very good
The staff are friendly and make you feel welcome. You are never made to feel like you’ve asked something silly. Quick response for any questions asked. Payed on time
29 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback. We’re delighted to read your comments and that you enjoy working with Driver Hire Gloucester. I shall pass on your feedback to the team.

regular work
Recently passed my class 2. They found me work it was varied and regular. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable They found me a permanent job. Driver hire York were great,I can't praise them enough.
29 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We’re happy that you enjoyed your time working with Driver Hire York & Harrogate and I will pass on your comments to the team.

Group Marketing Director
Productive and flexible, I enjoyed my time working with Driver Hire. Changing cities was my reason for leaving otherwise I would have happily stayed there.
4 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We’re happy that you enjoyed your time working with Driver Hire Gloucester and I will be sure to pass on your feedback.

hard hot and long
Work plentifull if you are willing too travel, kitchen work can be hard so you have to willing to work hard sometimes with very little warning, always be clean and make sure your timekeeping is good
4 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your comments. Your review certainly got noticed! We will pass your feedback on to the team.

Group Marketing Director
A brilliant place to work
I worked in the marketing team at the head office in Bradford for over 12 years - only leaving due to relocation. A great culture and work/life balance. Colleagues and management were/are great. It's hard work but in a good way and everyone pulls together. There can be opportunities for progression in the business if you're willing to change teams. Not all departments have a defined structure for promotion, this was the situation in the marketing team, a flat structure under the marketing director.
I loved my time at Driver Hire and would recommend you consider it should the opportunity arise.
4 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback. We’re delighted to read your comments about how you enjoyed your time at Driver Hire Group Services during the twelve years of your career, and thanks for everything you contributed while you were with us. Thank you for recommending Driver Hire to others who may be considering a similar role with us.

Group Marketing Director
poor communication, you are just a number.
Got headhunted for a role, role wasn't really as described, communication between agency and company was poor. Another person was direct hired over me and i was let go at extremely short notice and basically treated like scum through no fault of my own. Just what you need on the run up to xmas. Never again.
4 March 2020
We are sorry that you have been disappointed with your dealings with Driver Hire. We believe in looking after good staff and we’re proud that we have achieved high ratings on our annual candidate and internal staff surveys for the past six years. At the same time, we recognise that it won’t always go right.

Any review helps us to improve what we do so thank you for taking the time to post. What you describe doesn’t match the high standards that every Driver Hire office aims to achieve, so if you would like to discuss further with us, please do get in touch via marketing@driverhire.co.uk

Group Marketing Director
Good company too work for
From the first day they made me feel comfortable. And all I came into contact with were really friendly. Overall a great company to work for. It seems like they always have my back, always willing to help me when I need their help, and you can tell it’s genuine though voices. In the year that I’ve been with driver hire I’ve not looked back.
4 March 2020
We’re so happy to hear that you’re being looked after by Driver Hire Birmingham. I will pass on your comments to the team, as I am sure they will appreciate you taking the time to leave your valuable feedback.

Terrible company
Haven’t been offered work for over a month, not what I signed up for. NO WORK it’s ridiculous they need to keep on top of their staff and secure work for them at a minimal level each week not ignore staff
If you're good, you get work
A lot better than some of the other agencies out there.
They don't change rate of pay once agreed.

Paid on time.

Not as deceptive as other agencies.
6 February 2020
We're delighted to hear that you’re happy with Driver Hire Luton. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and I will be sure to pass on your comments.

Excellent
Great company that not only respect their drivers but will go out of their way to help them. Management wouldn't give you a job that they wouldn't do their self.
6 February 2020
Thanks for the great feedback. We're delighted to read this feedback and are happy to pass on your comments to the team at Driver Hire Stevenage.

Poor
Avoid... Full of promises but really failed to deliver. Shifts cancelled, wrong pay useless office staff. I would only recommend as a last resort.....
Pros
Can pick which jobs you do
Cons
Everything else
6 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry if your experience of working with Driver Hire wasn’t as good as it should be.

If you would like to send us an email (marketing@driverhire.co.uk) with more information, we will look into your concerns.

Group Marketing Director
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Driver Hire. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9