Driver Hire Employee Reviews

Not at all happy with service
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire11 June 2018
On gaining my class 2 licence these where the second agency that I used ,the other being as helpfull!!!.I had a never ending stream of false hopes and most the time had to ask the client for work directly so they could then get the lincoln office in touch...if you couldn't work for any reason the child in charge of the lincoln office threw his teddy out the pram and went silent offering no work,also there was plenty advertised on indeed but after applying ..nothing...saying there is no work....other then lining up my own client for odd days all i was offered was bin man...no disrespect but I didn't spend £2000 on a licence to pick up rubbish.it's realy put me off driving hgv vehicles with the service so poor ,no wonder there is a national shortage.Thank you for not helping .!!
Pros
Cons
lincoln office staff unapproachable and mardy
Exploitation and Corruption
Dogsbody (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway31 May 2018
Irregular, inconsistent and infuriating. Obnoxious and odious management. Illegally hold on to holiday entitlement and enhanced hourly rates. Serious employment lawbreaking
Pros
Cons
Lots
5 June 2018

Thanks for raising concerns about one particular branch. If you would like us to look into this in more detail for you, please email any additional information to marketing@driverhire.co.uk.

No issues whatsoever
Temporary Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester South and Bolton/Wigan17 May 2018
I have worked as a temporary driver for Driver Hire since March 2017 at both the Manchester South (2017) and Bolton and Wigan (2018) offices. Both offices provided a great candidate experience. My personal situation dictates that I can only do 2/3 days per week and invariably they fill those days with work that satisfies me. No issues.
Pros
They work around my circumstances
5 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by both the Manchester South and Bolton & Wigan offices. I’ll be passing on your comments.

Certainly kept me busy
7.5t Driver (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire16 May 2018
Having said I was looking for as much work as I am allowed, the team at Driver Hire have certainly kept me busy, Thank you. A good variety of roles and clients.
Pros
Lots of work
5 June 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us regarding Driver Hire Shrewsbury. We’ll pass on your comments to the team.

Low wages
HGV Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh9 May 2018
Driver Hire are only good for a stopgap while looking for work, they are one of the lowest paying agencies I have worked for. They charge the client the same and more as other agencies but it’s not filtered through to the driver.
Pros
Useful for shifts
Cons
Low pay
5 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Whilst we can’t comment on the specific pay you refer to in your review, we would always want to make sure that candidates receive a fair rate of pay and that you understand clearly what you should be receiving. If you do have any questions about this, please speak directly to your local office, or feel free to contact me at marketing@driverhire.co.uk.

Group Marketing Director

Good people to work for, nice staff
driver (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire8 May 2018
Enjoyed my time here they were busy, once you had a placement things got better and work was stable, had a nice round dropping off to shops in the surrounding towns
5 June 2018

Thanks for your feedback and we’re pleased that you enjoyed working for Driver Hire. We’ll certainly pass on your comments to the team in Stoke.

Great to work with
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St Boswells, Scottish Borders23 April 2018
I dealt with mostly carol and vikki at the galasheils office and never had an issue always helpful and friendly got me jobs when I needed them no problem if I ever find myself needing there help again I wouldn’t hesitate to give them a call
1 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback with us. I’m glad to hear how happy you are with the service that our team in the Borders office are providing - I will be passing on your comments to the team.

Not the worst.
Class 2 driver (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester15 April 2018
Management isn’t that bad, usually a full weeks work.
Decided to go elsewhere after they didn’t bother paying holiday pay after I was ill for a week and no work for 2 weeks after.
Pros
Usually a lot of work.
Cons
Low pay, they don’t like to give you your holiday pay.
17 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm sorry your experience with Driver Hire fell short of your expectations. If you would like us to look into your concerns in further detail, please email us at marketing@driverhire.co.uk

Evasive with misleading communication
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire4 April 2018
Work’s okay (as it’s not them you work with, fortunately). Arrogant staff without much of a grasp of what an agent’s role is legally, nor in facilitating the provision of work.

Agency relationships aren’t always the best but they’re exceptionally unprofessional.

I’d recommend all communication is done on writing. They’ll try to call, refuse and insist on your preferred mode of communication. Do not trust a word they say.
Cons
Poor/misleading communication
11 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I'm sorry you have had a negative experience with Driver Hire, what you describe doesn't match the service that our offices aim to provide.

If you would like to send us an email (marketing@driverhire.co.uk) with more information, we will look into your concerns.

Group Marketing Director

Good agency but unlawful deductions from wages
Class 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Brighton9 March 2018
Been with driver hire since 2016. I can't thank them enough for finding me really good quality work with some really good employers. The staff are always helpful and polite. However they recently changed 'umbrella' companies and now deduct monies from my wages which I am forced to pay. After investigation these are mostly unlawful deductions but nobody listened when I complained. Be careful what you sign.
Pros
Always lots of good quality work
Cons
Lack of clarification regarding deductions
14 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we’re delighted that you have been well looked after by our Brighton office. We’re passing your comments on as I am sure they will be pleased.

As regards the way you are paid, I can assure you that Driver Hire looked at these arrangements in great detail before adopting an umbrella payment model where that is appropriate. We would only ever use a payment model that fully complies with the law. If you are in any doubt about how this applies to your own circumstances, please do get in touch so that you can have the clarification you need. I am sorry if that was not the case when you first asked the question.

You are welcome to call the office direct, or to contact us via marketing@driverhire.co.uk

Not the best.
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Grangemouth, Falkirk3 March 2018
Had a quite alot of shift through driver hire grsngemouth when between employment, mostly as a driver's mate.
Had a few phone calls after 10oclock at night asking me to work the following morning (usually start time between 2am and 7am) which I usually accepted to help out.
But when jobs get cancelled I was never contacted So wasted my time traveling on quite a few occasions.

Staff were decent but finally had enough when shifts got cancelled and I wasn't told found another agency.
Pros
Friendly staff. No issues with pay
Cons
Minimum wage. Late night calls. No cancellation notice.
8 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are always aiming to improve our services here at Driver Hire and this will help. I will pass on your comments to the Grangemouth office.

Group Marketing Director

I do not like being lied to and I do not like being swore at
Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrington27 February 2018
Your time is of no value to these people, you are kept waiting for the promised phone calls that rarely comes, your unpaid time is wasted hanging around whilst the work is sorted.
The work is patchy, your money was always cut down to the point were you had a less than minimum wage, isn't that illegal?
Truly awful staff who just don't try and just don't care.
Cons
I feel cheated.
8 March 2018

I'm sorry if you have had a negative experience with Driver Hire. What you describe doesn't match the service that our offices aim to give.

You are welcome to contact us directly with more information if you would like us to look into this in further detail. Please use email address marketing@driverhire.co.uk

Group Marketing Director

Friendly people to work with
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 February 2018
You go to work to do you work and they let you get on with it. They are always on the other end of the phone if you needed advice and always friendly to help
Rubbish
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire21 February 2018
Rubbish agency , promised this that the other yet get no work , no support either regarding a difficult employer matter , been sat at home since dec !
Pros
Cons
Nine
26 February 2018

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry if you don't feel you have had the level of support you need. As you'll see from other comments in these reviews, we do aim to offer a high level of service to candidates as well as customers, in all our offices. If you do want us to look into this in more detail for you, please email marketing@driverhire.co.uk.

Group Marketing Director

really good, professional nice people
car driver (Current Employee) –  gatwick19 February 2018
I've been working for driver hire for about eight months and i have always felt a valued member of their team, the guys always try to give as much notice as possible around placements and are always polite, friendly and helpful. I have always been paid on time and i have never had reason to complain. as ell the information you need is given at interview or can be found in policy booklet
They are a nice bunch of people and i enjoy working for them.
Pros
Hours to suit my life style
26 February 2018

Thank you very much for sharing such a positive review with us. I'm really pleased that the team in our Gatwick office are looking after you so well.

Group Marketing Director

Was ok for a while but unreliable
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire19 February 2018
It started ok they got me a job very quick but they send you to companies who don't care about you and expect you to work like a slave. And when I complained to driver hire about the treatment they go cold and don't call you up for a few weeks. Like most driver agencies they prefer European drivers who do as there told and never complain.
Pros
When work is local
Cons
Dont always have work
26 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry if you did not feel you received the response you needed when you raised concerns. We're always happy to work with quality drivers from all backgrounds and aim to offer a very high level of service to customers and to the people working for us.

If you would like us to look into this in more detail for you. Please email any additional information to marketing@driverhire.co.uk.

Group Marketing Director

I enjoyed working for driver hire
Driver Hire (Former Employee) –  Kent7 February 2018
I have really enjoyed working for driver hire. I have been all sorts of places and worked for multi places. I have always got along with work mates and have enjoyed meeting the public as i am a peoples person. I have enjoyed working all over kent it has been a good challange for me.
13 February 2018

Thank you for your kind comments. I am sure that the team at your local branch will be really pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with Driver Hire - and that you'd be welcome back any time!

All the best

Not a nice place to be.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth, Falkirk27 January 2018
I don't have any issues with the agency,but don't go anywhere near this client ( bidvest) ,this is the most stressful job I have ever had.
Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Your stress levels will go through the roof.
13 February 2018

I'm sorry if you had a difficult experience with the client that you were working with. I am sure you already have, but please do share your feedback directly with the team at our Grangemouth office so that they can try to help make things better in the future.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Na
Costing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galashiels and District23 January 2018
Not applicabble as there is never any contact and wages are rediculous what more can be said, there is NO contact from the agency when you are available
they pay the minimum wage
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire23 January 2018
Its really a pitty how they create their advert offering more than £9 per hour.. However at interview you will find out that the umbrella company will pay you only the minimum wage. Who pay me for my fuel and waisting my time with be at interview? Shame.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Driver Hire. Our community is ready to answer.