Driver Hire Employee Reviews

lie about salary then make take more pay via umbrella company.
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  london20 December 2017
working at a warehouse. was promised £10 a hour but was only paid £9 a hour, then forced to sign up to their umbrella company (zero hour contract). Was never paid on time. horrible, scamming agency that make money of their workers.
28 December 2017

I'm sorry if you have had a negative experience with Driver Hire. As you'll hopefully see from other positive Indeed reviews, what you describe doesn't match the service that our offices aim to give.

You're welcome to contact us directly with more information if you would like us to look into this in detail. Please use email address marketing@driverhire.co.uk.

Good company
Agency Driver (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire11 December 2017
Huddersfield diver hire looked after me and the owner of the Huddersfield branch was very good, working on a zero hours contact he made sure I had plenty of work.
Great team
Agency Driver (Current Employee) –  Blackburn13 November 2017
Good team atmosphere with the office staff, great guy to work with,

Only left due to finding full time work, great variety and options, would recommend to any one looking
Great Company to work for!
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire9 November 2017
Great Company to work for and would recommend to everyone, really nice atmosphere and office team! Pay rates are good any always paid on time!!! Thanks.
Utter Rubbish
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex2 November 2017
The worst agency ever. They are rude. Dont have a clue on anything. Promise you 9 to 5 but you get what your given so have to work till late at night. The pay is digusting and at 8.20 when you have to pay travel is not worth it. Also they promise you 8 hours a day then your given 4 hours a day.
I would never use them ever again EVER.
Pros
Cons
Loads they are rubbish
8 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry if you have had a negative experience with Driver Hire. What you describe doesn't match the service that our offices aim to provide.

You are welcome to contact me with additional information if you would like us to follow up in more detail. You can email marketing@driverhire.co.uk

Postal
Postman (Current Employee) –  Kilwinning, North Ayrshire25 October 2017
The staff in prestwick office were excellent but they were getting paid £23 an hour for me from royal mail and i was getting £7.50 now i no they need to make something but to me this is way to much and actually really greedy
Pros
Always work
Cons
Rubbish wages no ppe
31 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback and I’m pleased that you had a good service from the Prestwick office. Whilst we can’t comment on the specific numbers mentioned in your review, we would always want to make sure that candidates receive a fair rate of pay and that you understand clearly what you should be receiving.

If you do have any questions about this, please speak directly to your local office, or feel free to contact me at marketing@driverhire.co.uk.

Van driver
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent2 October 2017
Driver hire is a agency and very good at getting u work and if u are a good driver they will look after u and once u have build your own reparation up work is a lot easier and u can work 5 days or 3 days and also they look for hgv drivers as well
Pros
Work as many days as u like
Rubbish
Driver (Former Employee) –  Leicester30 September 2017
Took ages filling paperwork out don’t hardly ring staff are horrible at Leicester branch not enough work to go round also ring at ridiculous times and the pay system is rubbish
3 October 2017

Group Marketing Director

Don't Bother getting back to you when they say they will
N/A (Former Employee) –  West Lothian22 September 2017
Went in filled out a heap of paperwork was told someone would be in contact later that day, never happened so phoned the next day and they were on they're lunch no matter what time I phoned.
Pros
Tottally Useless
26 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry if your experience of working with Driver Hire wasn’t as good as it should be.

If you would like to send us an email (marketing@driverhire.co.uk) with more information, we will look into your concerns.

Fun
Van Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire6 September 2017
Very honest people never go back on there word. Always have work available and looks for the right job for the right person never asked you to do over the to.
Pros
Cons
Good hours
Useless
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Highbridge5 September 2017
Terrible company to work spoke to like utter rubbish calling at unreasonable times expecting you to work with hardly any notice then when you do a shift you get calls about working again 4 or 5 hours later
Pros
Cons
To many to list
6 September 2017

Driver hire Stoke
7.5 tonne driver (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire29 August 2017
I enjoyed working for driver hire. I asked for short days and short weeks.. I have personal commitments that must be honored.. Initially this was fine. they then found me work with a client who promised 3 days a week and short days it looked to be ideal,, It was 3 days a week but was working from 8am until 7-8 pm and involved driving for 91/2 - 11 hours a day.. on numerous occasions i talked to them about this and tried to decline the work but this did not happen and there was very little support from driver-hire staff. I failed to turn p for the work on two occasions several weeks apart.. and then i asked for my P45.. They have been obstructive with other employers since this time.. Yes they will find work for drivers and yes they pay well (ish) when all is going well.. and they will happily take their commission! but in my experience they fail to support the driver when things are not going well or when drivers are asked to break the law. They do not listen to the drivers needs. I would have been happy to continue to work for them If they had listened to my concerns about this one client.
Pros
varied work
Cons
lack of support
5 September 2017

Thanks for your feedback and we’re pleased that you enjoyed working for Driver Hire. We’re sorry if you did not feel you always received the support you needed. Please do make sure you raise your concerns directly with the Stoke office, as this is a chance for us to keep getting better at what we do.

Family run business
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cornwall20 August 2017
The hours were good. Long days but only Monday to Thursday, so long weekend every weekend. No overtime for office staff, some for workshop staff. Pleasant environment.
Fair enough
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ipswich15 August 2017
It`s a quaiet good company to work for.
Having no problems and everything goes smoothly once you got in to good job where they wants to keep you in for longer.
Pros
Good overtime pay
Cons
Minimum wage
Extremley low pay
HGV 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire3 August 2017
The managment was great it as all changed since i worked there work always quietend off towards january the pay was minimum wage for class 2 drivers when i was there !!!
Very well run company
Driver for irwins (Former Employee) –  Ballymoney, County Antrim27 July 2017
Very nice ppl to work with always there when a problem anytime day or night! Always helpful in anyway possible couldn't say a bad comments about these ppl honest as they come!
Appalling agency
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Essex18 July 2017
Really bad communicators in the office at Witham, Chelmsford branch. Never get back to you unless it suits them and send you for work that doesn't exist. Jokers. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Pros
None whatsover
Cons
Clueless disorganised staff
28 July 2017

Friendly, reliable
Multi Drop Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds11 July 2017
I worked for the Leeds West branch, the staff were always friendly and helpful.
I was given enough work for the short time I was there and for the same company too.
I would definitely recommend them to anyone and would use them again if I was in a position to do so.
Pros
Regular work
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire30 June 2017
Was good job but other and better offer work place offered, very nice people and polite just not enough work would on be advisable if full time work..
Driver hire are brilliant to work for
7.5 tonne driver (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire14 June 2017
Great people to work for. They are friendly and nice. They have kept me going with plenty of work. I have been to lots of different places and I have met loads of different people. The girls in the wakefield office who I deal with are fantastic nice people and always very very helpfull.
Pros
Flexible
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Driver Hire. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8