Driver Hire Employee Reviews

Wrong Information about Lester Depo!
7.5 tonne driver expected (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire14 January 2019
They looking for HGV drivers every week,but I am registered with them 3-4 weeks and when I apply for work they say: “We don’t have nothing at the moment!” Then why they all the time repost new jobs?! Idiots! Even I don’t trust them,if you work for them only with LTD,than you can go ASAP somewhere else,because with them don’t have guarantees! Be careful!!! Good luck on the road! 🤘🚚
Pros
Shopping discounts
Cons
Less hours
By far the best
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire8 January 2019
I've registered with a lot of agency's in the past but this one is by far the best. Great team very friendly and professional, couldn't thank them enough.
Pros
Always on hand
Cons
Yet to find one
Great place if you want to find work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex8 January 2019
I have been with Driver Hire Crawley for a couple of years now and they have always been able to find me work, from a variety of companies, they pay on time every time, and they explain all of this at the initial meeting/recruitment day.
They make contact on a regular basis with you and make you feel part of the team, from my experience there is always work available. These guys have actually done this work do have 1st hand knowledge of what you're about to do.
Bottom line here is.. if you want to work then these guys will find it for you, and they know what they are looking for.
Pros
Good communications, pay on time every time, ypu always know what you will be doing
14 January 2019

We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by Driver Hire Gatwick. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and I'll be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

Night driver 3.5 tonne witham driver hire
Driver Hire (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex3 January 2019
After getting made redundant I thought I wanted to work asap

Applied for night driver local to me 10 pound poor money for nights was earning that 25 years ago but just wanted to work earn sum m9ney after 3 night of being out with other drivers showing me the job I was nearly killed first night with a deer sitting on middle lane of motorway was close second night out with another driver over taken cars 40 foot lorrys on blind bends nearly killed us few times so third night I drove for last 15 years I been driving trucks vans covering 60 k miles a year with no convictions or accidents because I drive safe within the limits so I feel I am safe driver then I get up receiving email saying they got bad feedback and issues on my driving there having a laugh why any would want to dr8ve to Manchester every night with no breaks is beyond me for last few years I been signing drivers log book and no the law most company's I worked for over 300 miles 8n van requires night out or day hotel yes when I was self employed I drove 600 miles a day but got paid 1 pound a mile that's why you do it not work 13 hours night get paid for 11 is insult worse company I ever worked for stay away from driver hire all about them talk bollicks has you can read I not happy with them I don't care anyway
Pros
Radio in van
Cons
Best Agency I've Worked With By Far!
van/truck driver (Current Employee) –  Gatwick3 January 2019
Really good agency. Everyone who I deal with there is very friendly and attentive. They are always happy to help out in any way they can, and they are always available. All good!!
not good to work for
HGV Driver class 1 and 2 (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City2 January 2019
no work for you worst agency too work for. not very good people
to work with try's to get you to do van work even tho i'm a class 1 driver and i did it one week (van) and go less then £200 for it i also did class 2 work all week and got about £300 i was visiting family in England for a week got asked to come back to do class 1 work over night witch i didn't mind. it was for the BBC from Angus to London as i was on my way back to Scotland i got a call saying its isn't going a head now.
Disappointed
Class 2 HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  North West1 January 2019
Worked for 2 different branches, Liverpool Branch struggled to give me job and keep promising temp to perm jobs and say you can earn £600 a week. lol They also wont give me a refference for new job. Preston branch never even ones offered any job and kept saying they will keep in touch. I think Drive Hire in overall is a let down franchise unless they can prove me wrong. Think there is much better agencies out there besides Drive Hire. I hate leaving negative feedback but its strange i experience this from 2 branches.
Pros
Promise you the world
Cons
Hardly get any jobs from them
Vast improvement
Agency Worker (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway20 December 2018
At last! New management and feels like a new start for us all. Helpful, friendly and most importantly treat us with respect and pay us what we're entitled to. The change should have happened long ago but happy it has now.
Pros
Great job and now great management
Cons
None now
27 December 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am pleased that you're being looked after well by the team in Dumfries and will pass on your comments.

terrible to work for
Van Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire10 December 2018
stay away if you don't want to be messed around. had one full week of work then nothing after that, had phone calls to say be in tomorrow got work available for you to then get the call and say it's not. rang to tell someone I was free to work the following day after my daughter was ill and then they give the work to someone else without telling me. Employers don't communicate with each other at all.
Pros
driving
Cons
hours, no work
11 December 2018

I'm sorry if you have had a negative experience with Driver Hire. As you'll hopefully see from other positive Indeed reviews, what you describe doesn't match the service that our offices aim to give. If you would like us to look into this in detail, you're welcome to contact us directly with more information by completing the feedback form on the Contact page of the Driver Hire website.

Night driver
Night Driver (Former Employee) –  Dunlem stoke on trent.30 November 2018
Total waste of time the Transport manager is a joke.just like the agency industrial Personnel .do not work for them they don't like English drivers . Yes sir no sir management.
Pros
Cons
Nono
11 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We’ve been in touch with the Driver Hire Stoke office and they are open for you to contact them directly via telephone and look into these concerns as what you have described does not match the candidate experiences they aim to provide.

You are able to contact the team on 01270 250001.

Contract
Contract Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Taunton, UK30 November 2018
This was a temporary driving agency that allocated me work as and when they had it. Some jobs were great, others not so.
Overall it was a nice place to be when there was plenty of work.
11 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re glad that you were looked after by your local Driver Hire office. I will pass on your comments to the team.

Group Marketing Director

Completly and utterly useless & pointless.
Potential Customer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City26 November 2018
Completely and utterly useless & pointless money for nothing middle men.
Getting paid for doing nothing right, detrimental to both employers and employees better advertising your job vacancy directly.
Pros
Non
Cons
Absolutely Everything
11 December 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry if you had a negative experience with your local Driver Hire office. Our offices aim to offer a very high level of service to both candidates and customers, and I'm sorry if you did not feel you received this at that time. If you would like us to look into this in more detail for you, please contact us directly via the feedback form on the Contact Page of our website.

Good Recruitment Agency
Drivers Mate/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Huncoat24 November 2018
Very professional and look after their employees , isn't always work available and you do have to be very flexible , didn't work for me due to personal reasons but can't fault them, very good agency
Pros
Weekly Pay, Good management
Cons
No Job Stability
10 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're glad to hear you were looked after by your local Driver Hire office.

Good company
Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire21 November 2018
not regular work which can be a bit awkward. However they are generally very good to work for. Always give plenty of notice for jobs and payment is a;ways on time!
Pros
payment on time
Cons
Not enough jobs
29 November 2018

We’re glad that you have been looked after by Driver Hire Wakefield. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Group Marketing Director

Regular contact, consistent work and a great team to deal with!
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear20 November 2018
The lads and lassies in the office are a canny bunch and have kept me busy since I registered. Av had consistent work and hoping that I can land myself a permanent contract. Highly recommend if u want work from honest people who actually care.
Pros
Class team, look after u
29 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by our Driver Hire Newcastle office. I have passed on your comments to the team.

Permanent job!
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottish Borders11 November 2018
I have worked for dhborders for around 6months and have found them to be extremely honest and very keen to help. They placed me into a temporary post who have now taken me on permanently. I know this doesn't happen to everyone but I am very grateful. The girls are very professional and welcoming into their office. The kettle is always on. There is a lot of paperwork to do but it is worth it. Great experience overall. Thanks girls.
Pros
Permanent position
13 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re delighted that you have been well looked after by our Driver Hire Border offices and congratulations on your role. I will pass on your comments to the team.

Group Marketing Director

Absolutely terrible and poor management.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway28 October 2018
I find this company terrible to work for. They expect you at the dumfries branch to become a taxi and take people to and from work and if you refuse to will give you abuse, they give away your phone number with out your permission.

They break so many laws such as refusing to pay holiday pay and when they do its put in late all the time. They give away your personal information and much more.

They hardly pay you on time and just mess you around.

The only thing I like is constant work but they put you if you drive miles away from where you live.
Pros
None.
Cons
If you drive become a taxi, gives away your phone numbers with out permission.
1 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns with us and we are sorry if your experience has not lived up to the high standard of service that we aim to offer candidates in all Driver Hire branches.

Given the nature of the points you have raised, I am pleased that you have also contacted us directly so that we can investigate and deal with your concerns as appropriate. This investigation is now taking place and we will contact you directly with any findings.

Worst agency ever
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset27 October 2018
Wasted hours filling in forms, getting references, paid for DBS check, was promised “lots of work over Christmas” company never called,despite chasing daily.
Pros
Cons
Unreliable, rarely returned calls
19 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry if you feel you had a negative experience with your local Driver Hire office. Having investigated with the office, we understand that they informed you that they had no work available at that time which matched your profile.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact the office who are open to discuss this with you again.

Group Marketing Director

If you value your ability and wish to progress forget it!!!!
7.5t Driver (Current Employee) –  Northwest15 October 2018
If I had Known and been informed that I would be penalised in monetary terms I would have never been sucked into this company at their local branch at Carnforth.
This branch is money orientated . It does not care about its employees only about the revenue they produce.
Pros
Cons
It would be akin to rewriting Tolstoy's War and Peace.
22 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Whilst we can’t comment on the specific pay issue you refer to in your review, we would always want to make sure that candidates receive a fair rate of pay and that you understand clearly what you should be receiving. If you feel this was not the case and would like us to look into your concerns, please email us at marketing@driverhire.co.uk

Group Marketing Director

Ayrshire office is a joke!
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Prestwick, South Ayrshire12 October 2018
Be wary of the office in Ayrshire. Nasty pieces of work these 2 ladies. All nice when their earning off your hard labour, best of luck the day you say no. Abusive and insulting. You've been warned.
Pros
Cons
abusive language, insults
16 October 2018

Group Marketing Director

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Driver Hire. Our community is ready to answer.