Drive Employee Reviews

Not childcare friendly!!!!!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rhondda Cynon Taff/Merthyr Tydfil1 November 2018
Terrible company to work for! They promote a "Family/child friendly" service aka flexible with childcare.
Be warned they are not!!!! They will put pressure on you and move you around the projects making it difficult for you in the hope that you will finish! So glad to be gone from them!!!
Pros
Service users
Cons
None!
we work as a team get on..genuine honest caering reliable
support assistance (Current Employee) –  aberdare15 October 2018
i have worked for drive for 15 yrs .it great .but dose have challages .from day to day and is wonderful to see them come in gain independace ..b happy.confident.in them sleves.go to work..help one an other..keep strong...i enjoy doin acctivitys with them.goin out discos .partys ..ive learned .to b strong paitaint..with people.talk.listen.b there
Pros
great to work for
Cons
nothing
Incredibly warm and welcoming
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff31 March 2017
I have been made to feel very welcome from day 1. I am very new to the company and already I feel like I have known everyone for a long time.

Previously I have worked for a similar organisation in the local area and I can honestly say Drive knocks their socks off!

People here work really hard for the people they support but it doesn't feel like hard work because everyone makes it fun. Managers really encourage us to go above and beyond and it shows in the quality of support that we are able to offer.

Everyone mucks in to get the job done. The Chief Executive and the senior team are very approachable and know everyone by name. It feels like a great place to work.
Pros
The difference I can make to someone's life. I get paid £60 per sleep in
Cons
Nothing yet-My manager works hard to give me a rota that gives me time off when I need it.
enjoyed it.
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London13 March 2017
fun and productive.
I learnt a lot whilst working at the Drive.I got to work with interesting people. Management was very good.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to communicate with the service users and taking them out to visit the places they requested to go.
Great team and flexibility
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Aberdare8 March 2017
A typical day at work would be quite busy and structured. I learned many new skills such as first aid, and about various epilepsy, Drive has a great training and it's paid for.

Management is great overall, well done and the managers are very understanding with flexibility and some other personal factors.

Workplace culture is varied and quite good, many people of all ages and genders that in general get along well with each other.

The hardest part of the job is the challenging behaviours from some of the service users and one in particular tests patience a lot because of repetition in more than one way.

The most enjoyable part is when it's a good day and you've supported a service user in a good active and healthy way, you have quite a lot if input at times and it feels like you make a bit of a difference.
Pros
The flexibility and understanding of the managers
Cons
service user challenging behaviours
Staff are friendly
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  South wales16 August 2016
Nice company to work for. Unfortunately aren't great with people with family or previous commitments. although you can request family friendly hours your likely to me moved from pillar to post and its made extremely difficult for you. Other than that staff are very friendly.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
rota changes from week to week
brilliant
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, ENG15 November 2013
really nice people to work for enjoyed every day there other staff make you feel welcome and customers do as well
Pros
good pay for hours