Dreams Ltd Employee Reviews

Keep clear,good to start with then all downhill after that.
Warehouse Worker. (Former Employee) –  Elland.25 March 2019
Actually watched a manager drive fork lit truck to back of delivery van & put forks on van doors to push it shut with the help of 4 other guys,leaning on the van doors.Diabolical practice.How dangerous to overload like this.Fire escapes continually blocked.Water left on the warehouse floor.Housekeeping a disgrace.Bullying of a sort,i've never seen before.Favouritism unreal. Drivers working 6-30am -10-00pm & eating as they dirove.So dangerous.On 2 seperate occasions a driver fell asleep whilst driving with myself to a delivery, i had to wake them up. I learnt, be nice buy buns for managers,instant promotion.Hardest part of the job,trying to stay calm & not react to the managements inadequacy. I personally was well respected by the drivers/mates etc. This really peed managers off,as i solved lots of problems.Result i was then excluded from sandwich runs etc. Awful to be treat like that.I've never experienced anything like it. I could have made the place such a happy one to work in.I saw the potential.Applied for a transfer to sales.Went for interview,only to discover my line manager had blocked it,so i didn't get the job. How bad is that? Could go on & on,no point. Yes a shame,i saw what could have been achieved but wasn't allowed to fulfill it.
Pros
Car park was free.
Cons
Hours to kill you.
Good company to work for, hardworking but fun
Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire8 March 2019
Every day at Bedquarters is different for me, Whether its booking accommodation or creating a contract its always interesting and varied. All management very approachable no feeling of them and and us. I haven't been here very long but have been made to feel very welcome.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No cons
20 March 2019

Thanks for your comments and we are glad to hear you are enjoying your role.

A great place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire1 March 2019
Dreams is a great environment to work in. A typical day at work for me would be answering calls and answering customers enquiries and meeting targets. This job has increased my confidence and improved my communications skills and helped me to step out of my comfort zone. The management here is great and are fully committed to my development and are supportive at every stage. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with different kinds of people from different backgrounds and how open and accepting everyone is.
Pros
Supportive environment
21 March 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. Great to hear you are enjoying your role and are getting the development and support you need.

Welcoming and supportive work place
Customer Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire28 February 2019
I joined the company as a Christmas temp, I expected to only continue my employment here until March however by the end of January I had made myself very comfortable in the office and gained confidence with the systems in place and was offered a permanent position.
The culture in the customer service department is relaxed, the managers try responses and throughout peak they held incentives which boosted morel. there are bake offs and meet and greet opportunities held regularly and days out of office to store, depot and factory visits. They provide blended training which involves classroom training and shadowing before an introduction to the main office floor. The job similar to any customer service role can at times be testing with calls and situations resulting in you seeking advice from a senior member of the team but the management encourage you to ask questions to resolve any problems as quickly as possible. I enjoy the atmosphere in the office and the support I receive from the management.
Pros
company perks ie the free gym on site
Cons
Working 1/3 Saturdays
20 March 2019

Congratulations on your permanent appointment with Dreams and thank you for your comments.

Friendly and a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire27 February 2019
I've been working her for a couple of months now and I can't fault the business at all. The enviroment is one of the friendliest I've worked for and I've worked customer service for around 15 years. They're always happy to help out with any problems and excellent training ensures you're not thrown into the job without knowing what you're doing. I've worked with a lo of managers before and at Dreams they're always open to ideas and always happy to help. And I've never worked somewhere with such a fun and friendly CEO. I've already made some great friends and look forward to making more. I would highly recommend Dreams as a workplace.
Pros
Great break times, Happy staff, fun and enjoyable workplace
Cons
Working Saturdays
20 March 2019

Thanks you for your comments and glad to hear you are enjoying your role in Bedquarters.

Great place to work if you enjoy retail sales and are passionate for selling
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chingford, Greater London25 February 2019
I spent 10 years working in store as a sales consultant and thoroughly enjoyed my time.
The staff changed a lot over the years but I made some great friends there and there’s a lot of fantastic people within the company.
Not a bad word to say about Dreams in truth , they treat you very well and give you opportunity to progress. Commission based salary and a decent basic monthly pay for retail.
Targets for sales and add on’s.
Good training provided.
Pros
Relaxed fun working environment
Cons
Expected to work weekends so days off are usually Mon-Fri
20 March 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback and such lovely comments during your ten years with Dreams.

Fastpaced
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex17 January 2019
Dreams was a good place to work with lots of different jobs to be done and working with different people a lot lots of traveling involved going to peoples houses and assembling their beds for them
Pros
Discount on beds
Cons
Long days and travelling
21 March 2019

We are glad to hear you found your time at Dreams a good place to work. Our delivery service crews do an amazing job delivering first class service to our customers.

Dont work here false advertising
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire14 January 2019
If you apply for drivers assistant then your be working in the warehouse all the time false advertising was suppose to be a drivers mate but they keep me in warehouse when I applied for drivers mate
21 March 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. As part of our induction for driving crews, time is spent in the warehouse to familiarise our employees with the products they will be delivering to our customers. From time to time we may need ask either our Drivers or Assistants to help and support the team in the warehouse based on business needs.

Not a nice place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Elland, West Yorkshire13 January 2019
Management are rubish expect people to do job they wouldn't do. The top chiefs are within dreams are a joke constantmy saying they will sack you always changing your days off with little notice not a nice place to work.
Pros
Cons
No life dreams has to be your life
Better than most unspecialized jobs out there
Part-time Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset12 January 2019
I applied for a part-time position shortly after starting uni to provide for myself while studying at the same time. I started with barely any sales experience whatsoever, and everything I would need to know for my job was covered in the 12-week induction period. In my experience the job was fairly flexible and the store manager would cater to my uni timetable when possible.

For 11 months of the year the job is not particularly demanding, and the atmosphere on the store-level is very relaxed and team-oriented(coming from a newer, smaller, quieter store than most). You earn commission on sales on top of the national living wage, which can add up to a very good salary, if you're a quick learner. Even though the company has a preferred sales template ('The Journey'), you're free to do it your own way as long as you get the results. The retail roadshows hosted to introduce new product ranges can be fun (if you like loud noises, air horns and cheering), and all travel/accommodation expenses are covered, as long as you follow due process. You also get a good staff discount.

There is a distinct disconnect between Head Office and the store level. Although head office are open about company-wide sales, delivery and factory figures, I don't really get the impression that management clearly know (or sometimes care) what actually happens in practice. Legitimate issues can be seen as a poor excuse or not even be noted at all. The quiet times in store can be very mind-numbing - there are only so many times you can straighten the bedding and plump up a pillow to keep the shop tidy.
  more... The computer systems are a bit dated and can be frustratingly slow on occasion, but allegedly there is a new tablet-based system in the pipeline.  less
Pros
Low pressure environment with good earning potential
Cons
subpar co-operation between different parts of the company
21 March 2019

Thank you for leaving a review and lovely to hear that you found the store environment relaxed and team orientated. We use the roadshows you mentioned as one of many forums to listen to our employees on ways to constantly improve the business.

Great place to work!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex11 January 2019
Dreams Is a fun friendly environment to work in. Displaying both Trust & respect towards the team.

I have worked in retail all my working life and this is by far the best company I have worked for.

Its rare that a company listens to its employees as we do.
Pros
diffrent every day, you get to meet some great people.
21 March 2019

Thank you so much for your review and its lovely to hear that this is by far the best compnay you have worked for.

One Team one Goal.....and lots of tea.
Team Member - Full Time (Current Employee) –  North East11 January 2019
I have been with Dreams for about a year now and although had some initial challenges around the induction process, which I found disjoined compared to other companies I have worked for.
Now I am settled in to my role I find working here a pleasure. I don't ever have that dread going to work feeling after a day off and I find that the Directorship have a clear vision of what they want for the business, this feeds down in the most part to the sales floor, which gives Dreams a one team one goal feel.
I would recommend Dreams as an employer as I feel that the business cares about it's employees and treats them fairly.
Pay is fair but could be a touch better for Store Managers as they seem to have less opportunity to increase there income than the rest of the sales team and always seem to be knee deep in admin.
Obviously this is a sales environment and this can add a certain amount of pressure to the job however I personally feel that this is handled in a fair way and my manager challenges me to do my best and improve my performance, whilst making me find my own solutions this doesn't make it feel condescending.
Working hours are good my shift is my shift there is no extra unpaid hours, if you do work extra you get paid or time lieu, Awesome!! Work/life balance is also spot on we had a few days off before Christmas as the store was closed, back in on boxing day for sale but you didn't mind because you had time with your family pre Christmas, You can have a drink whenever you like the kettle never seems to be off in our store, just one of those little details but they count
  more... toward getting the balance right.
All in all a positive environment to be in.
Enjoying my time with Dreams
Pros
Fair sales targets and commission structure, good work life balance, lots of tea :)
Cons
Can be slow at times and you can only dust so much.
21 March 2019

Thank you for leaving your review, I think that anyone who works for Dreams would agree wih your comments about the tea!

We would love to hear any feedback/suggestions you may have on the way we could have improved your induction. Please feel free to contact a member of the L&D team.

Friendly and enjoyable
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire11 January 2019
A typical day at work consists of a quick daily brief with the team, usually given by the manager, just on factors where the store is doing well and where we can possibly improve. You then serve customers, it isn't cut throat like most sales jobs, you will take it in turns to speak to customers so everyone has the same chance at making sales. Most of the time you work in a small team, so it's easy to strike up a friendship, rather than just being a number in one of the bigger retail outlets. Everyone I've met in the Dreams company is extremely friendly and welcoming and also willing to help if you get stuck! The company is the right amount of laid back, where you don't feel like you're under constant pressure to perform or have anyone breathing down your neck, but you are targeted and celebrated when you make those targets or surpass them, another thing that makes Dreams stand out!

But the best thing by far is you aren't pressurising customers into buying and you are never expected to do that, you simply want to find the right products for each individual customer.
Pros
Relaxed enviromnment
Cons
Hours can be long during January due to busy period, but days off are made up.
21 March 2019

You are absoultely right. Putting the customer first, is one of our core values. Thank you for leaving a review.

Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire11 January 2019
I've been with Dreams on and off for over 10 years and have never found anywhere as enjoyable, motivating and well remunerated to work. Targets are generally achievable and bonus and commission structure are amongst the best in retail. Senior management are approachable and team ethos and morale are excellent. Even having left to work for a competitor (briefly!) I was welcomed back with open arms and continue to be grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this team.
Pros
Great commission/bonus structure.
21 March 2019

Thank you so much for your review. Wow 10 years! Congratulations, here's to may more.

A happy place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Isle of Wight11 January 2019
One of the best job roles I have ever held. Fun place to work with lots of incentives. I no longer dread getting up for work when I'm going to Dreams. Very relaxed environment, which is much different to almost all other sales based, target driven jobs.
Pros
Lots of incentives to maintain a high morale.
Cons
Frequent over night stays away from home.
21 March 2019

We are glad to hear that you no longer dread getting up in the morning and now have one of the best job roles you've ever had. Thanks for leaving such a lovely review.

Great Culture and Management structure
Support (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire11 January 2019
Dreams Bedquarters (Head Office) is a great place to work. The company culture and management structure is by far the best I have experience in the work place. Where you are left to manage your work load and make your own decisions, whilst having the support and leadership from line managers and above. The focus on development of staff and the care factor that goes with that is second to none.
I would definitely recommend Dreams as a company to start or further your career.
Pros
Approachbility of Management and Board level
21 March 2019

Thank you for your review. We all prefer the name Bedquarters.

Exciting
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Filton, Gloucestershire10 January 2019
An enjoyable and fulfilling role working as a team to achieve daily targets for a big retailer.

The best part of the job is helping customers to discover their way of achieving a great nights sleep using our helpful comfort by colour guide and finding out about the needs of the individual.
great place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  South West10 January 2019
The company always puts its employees first and there is constant room for growth and development. Its target focused so your always kept on your toe and constantly challenged but not in a stressful way. Its nice that the company keeps everyone involved with weekly updates and videos regardless of your role within the company. Its nice that your able to work in a relaxed environment and were not pushed to be that 'classic' salesperson with ££ sings in their eyes, its all about getting the customer a great nights sleep. The tools and training the company provides allows me to do my job in such a way that there's no pressure and you can create a relationship with the customer which is a great motivator.
Pros
great incentives. love christmas confrance. very rewarding enivroment to work in
Cons
heavy lifting on matress rotation
Fun and Rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South West10 January 2019
I have been with Dreams for sometime now and I couldn't fault the company. The in-depth induction process to the company which gave me all the tools needed to be successful in my role. The leadership team are brilliant from the weekly videos from the CEO or a board member to catch up with store manager/divisional manager. There is a very one team culture in the business which is seen at all the levels. Since I have been with the company I have been on numerous training courses and also given opportunity to step into management myself. It is nice to be in a larger company who take the time out to recognise great performances whether it be a shout out on the weekly update or being called on stay at one of the events Dreams put on for all the colleagues to attend.
Pros
Rewarding sales environment, progression opportunities
Cons
can have quiet periods
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall10 January 2019
I started this job with no sales experience at all, however I was given full training and lots of guidance to ensure I was fully trained. Lots of opportunity to earn commission on top of basic wage. Great group of people to work with.
Pros
Training, great pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dreams Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.