Dreams Ltd

Dreams Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom288 reviews
Talented caring people who utilise potential for company and colleagues
Extremely successful company made out of talented hard working and caring people! Everyone I know is honestly, takes massive ownership and pride to make this business as it is. Pay structure for (Store)management could/should be higher, on the other hand job satisfaction and recognition is in heart of this business so I may moan about higher pay but I have never felt more appreciated and supported in retail by colleagues and bed quarter colleagues. What is different about this company: our Management truly takes in consideration, big time all feedback and concerns, like no where else: in terms of working environment, customers journey, products and future proof ideas. Management knows its people, as people in this company is key to everything so you will need to bring honesty and love not only towards your future but whole company as we all One Dream for better (future and sleep). Hardest job is take honest feedback to better yourself as self development is never easy? But boy, this is more than ordinary job can offer as feedback is always towards expanding our attitude and utilising our full capacity of our mind. In store, where I am based we lift mattresses so pump the muscle, we assemble beds ourselves and disassemble and hover and clean at the same time we take massive pride in job well done. Our daily routine is to serve every customer with Journey: Greet, Offer drink and pillow as this is massively important in case you didn't know for good night sleep and much more! We have targets and we are closely monitored to achieve them at the same time we are given so much support - more...
Pros
Golden Envelopnes, VPC on orders, Incentives, Supportive and caring Managment, Passionate Inspiring Leaders, awesome products, Conferences
Cons
Basic / Core pay must be improved and invested into for Store Managers (please)
Productive and fun workplace
Dreams was variable as a place to work so I was never bored. It wasn't just a selling job. The manager was brilliant and held the whole team to gether. I was involved in the upkeep and maintenance of the store as well as selling beds and mattresses. I had to have a great deal of product knowledge.
The team was fantastic. We were like a family and every day was different. If it was a quiet day for sales, then there would be customer service issues to take up on so never a dull moment.
Don't do it
A long time ago this was a company that I liked working for. It was then sold around a few American investment companies. The money got worse and the stress levels went up. After 15 years of service I didn't even get a thank you for my time time spent with them. I was told many times if I didn't like it, I would be replaced and I should just leave. Don't do it unless you want stress and fear of losing your job at any moment.
Great but you need to work
You need a natural gift with people you should be hard working. Driven. Self motivated. Want to earn money. Be willing to give and take. Great place to work you can earn alot but you will have to graft.
Started as a Dreams employee this year and it is like no where I have worked before. Very professional, excellent structure, brilliant team. Management are very supportive and the training provided is fantastic.
Could be worse
They're not a bad company to work for, they just have terrible management in the Preston Brook depot! Staff turnover is incredibly high either because they're sacked for minor things (agency being more than 2 minutes late on 2 occasions) or clashes with one particular manager or because the the work life balance is non existent. 12hr days are a regular thing.
An amazing place to work!
I love my job. When I joined the business everyone is very welcoming and the business still upholds it's family feel. Good benefits, room for progression and I still have fun everyday!
Pros
work life balance, good benefits, family feel, good managment
Cons
None i can think of!
brilliant company to work for.
dreams is a brilliant company to work for, day starts with short team catch up on the tasks for the day.
then we great and talk to customers its all very fun and relaxed, the management are all very approachable and encourage you to do well in the company and progress.

You learn a lot about the bed industry as a whole and how important a good nights sleep is. its a very friendly place to work.

it can be challenging as there is a lot to learn but its also a very enjoyable part of the job learning about all the beds and products and the most enjoyable parts are the company roadshows where you go away for the day to learn about the new products its all very motivational, the commission is very good its just a really good company to work for and if you enjoy talking and meeting new people its perfect.
Pros
staff discount, relaxed friendly environment.
Cons
heavy lifting at times
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dreams Ltd?
Great company!
Dreams have a found a good balance between being staff and customer focused. Great example of a company where you can be professional but allows you to enjoy yourself and have fun at the same time. Very welcoming place to work.
Relaxed and Friendly
Good work ethics, sales targets & KPI's are realistic and if achieved the rewards are good.
Fun place to work if you have the right team in store and you'll have full support from your local Branches if you need it.
Pros
Staff discount excellent
Cons
Dreams is amazing conpany to work. Teamwork is key and at dreams i couldnt ask for a better team.
When I first began working at dreams I was welcome stright away and supported thought my journy of becomeing a sales assistant. No questions was to much trouble for my team they was always more than happy to support me in developing my skills and knowledge. As a team we achive to our full potential.
A great company!
I've worked for Dreams for over 13 years and can honestly say that they are a great company to work for. The company has the perfect balance of being both professional and a fun place to work. Higher management are very approachable to all employees, and are always looking at ways to ensure that the business puts the customer first. Overall, a great place to work
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
Weekends / Bank Holidays working
Avoid like the plague
Worse place i have ever worked at, no health and safety with constant injuries due to very heavy lifting without the correct equipment. Regular punishment for things you have not done because the company believe the customers who are just out for a free home makeover by complaining about false property damage. Management are a complete joke and as a driver would be sent out with an agency assistant that either cant speak English or to weak to pull their own pants up often both.
My van is my office
I have been a driver for dreams for a few years now and I want to give an honest review. My van is my office, out on the road I am my own boss, i have seen some amazing sites and views doing this job, get good laughs, been to places in Scotland I would never have been. Typical day, early starts, vans loaded, van checks go to brief, then with my assistant out on the road. It can be hard and physically demanding. BEDS ARE HEAVY!! I have learned a lot being at Dreams, before knowing the products a mattress was just a matt. Came across people from all walks of life a bit of an eye opener.The management are fine, don't get much hassle, do your job, do it right and just get on with it, not had an issue with them always been supportive, chose your attitude, be nice to people and theyl be nice to you a suppose. All work places have rules. Hardest part is the traffic and awkward deliveries trying to get big products into places.. Like any job has its good days and bad, I have had more good than bad here and for me its the people who i work beside, some i can call friends, the majority are good. Some need to sort themselves out. doesn't matter what job/company you go to, someone will always have a chip on their shoulder or like to moan. Life is to short if you don't like it get a job you do like. Simples
I Love My Job
I cannot fault the company. We work very well for each other! I previously left the company for a few weeks and when I realised what I have left I came back and was welcomed with open arms, even directed into a new store. Love my job!
Great Friendly Place to Work
this Christmas was my second year of being a Christmas tem with Dreams I am a student so can not commit to full time hours but I loved helping at the busiest time of the year All the staff in the store are super supportive and helped me. My role was a simple one but I was given coaching every day to help me do more.
I hope I get asked back again.
Pros
Friendly Team
Cons
Fast Passed
Great Culture with a Supportive Mangement Team
Working for Dreams is a breath of Fresh Air. They are always celebrating success of their employees which makes you feel valued and allows you to perform at your best. Yes it's a sales job so there are targets that need to be hit, but through coaching from your manager, you are given all the tools you need to succeed. With technology like the SleepMatch, this not only helps you work out the right firmness, it will also suggest a selection of beds for the customer. This helps create engagement with our customers and shows we do a professional job. The marketing team, along with the Website, do a great job getting customers through our doors and the prices in stores are very competitive in comparison to the competition. You are allowed to get on with your job with no distractions, as customer service do a fantastic job in dealing with things like refunds, customer complaints, missing parts etc, all of they negative elements of being in sales. Leaving the retail staff to deliver an outstanding customer experience. To add to this, never a bad word to be said about the delivery team! With such high demand for them to be at their best day in day out, they just get the job done, which means less ear ache for the store staff! Extremely happy in my current role with dreams.
Pros
No stress, Outstanding Roadshows, Amazing customer service team, Great Delivery Team, Inspirational Mangement Team, Company Uniform, Targets are achievable (most of the time)
Cons
Weekend working, Occasional late nights, Often lone working (although for short periods), Some days can be very quiet
Best job
Great place to work. I love it! The staff are all friendly and cooperative, the pay is good and so are the hours. It gets busy from time to time which is helpful as you can relax before another fast paced hour. The job allows you to spend lots of time with customers and make sure they are happy.
Cons
A great place to work with a family feel
Dreams has a really strong and progressive culture with a genuine open-door policy and clear, transparent communication. The role itself is varied, interesting and fast paced in an organisation that's always happy to try something new or innovative. The people here make a huge difference, and there really is a family feel.
Not a good place to work
Just remember the customer is always right regardless of them lying or not, you will go through a series of interviews with management, to see what happens, hours and hours of questioning, they will give you a disciplinary if they believe the other side, they expect you to lift over heavy things between two people upto 140kg into small awkward spaces and stairwells ect... and threaten your job if you cant do it, to many rules to go by your always stressed thinking you do something wrong, you cant even reverse a van without assistance else its instant dismissal (not legal requirement) that's how I got sacked ! Just a rubbish place to work and not appreciated, only good thing about the place is the pay
Feels like Family
Dreams is an amazing company to work for. Feels like a huge family & no one is too busy to help or be available regardless of the position they hold.