Douglas Allen Employee Reviews

Manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  East London, Greater London18 March 2019
I would not work for any other estate agent.

We are an estate agency run by estate agents who understand and are 100% dedicated to our business. We are always looking to improve, we never rest on our laurels and are able to adapt to any marketplace.

Our recent TV advertising campaign has gone down fantastically well and supports our company values and ethos in truly "helping people move forwards on their life's journey".....

Yes, we have high expectations of the people who work or us but we employ the best and the rewards are high for those who are passionate about making things happen. Our customers deserve to work with the best people in the business and our training and development at all levels are award winning and second to none.

But don't just take our word for it. Our (anonymous) staff survey statistics have provided us with year on year great results and feedback whereby 97% of our staff enjoy working for us and 95% are proud to work here.
Worst company to work for
Sales negotiator (Former Employee) –  undisclosed8 March 2019
They will scam you and all the staff that work there. They send you for training but it's just brainwashing.
I was unlucky to have a really bad manager. Working for them only makes you realize how they discriminate their customers.
They say shifts are 'some Saturdays' but they mean every single Saturday.
They will use you and treat you like your disposable.
They will just fire you at the end so they don't have to pay you the commission then keep hiring new people. A really high staff turnover- be aware.
Pros
No pro's
Cons
Long hours, they use people, they give you unrealistic targets, they will always pick at the negatives and make you feel worthless. Totally unorganized.
Fast pace
Sales Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Ilford23 August 2018
Fast pace environment, where you can thrive by finding the right houses for the right people. Multiple ways of earning money in this role and you must be active.
It’s ok
Assistant Manager/Property Valuer (Former Employee) –  Barkingside, Greater London28 June 2018
Hours where long the company didn’t value staff treated them more like revolving doors in and out very tense atmosphere management was good made it easy to work and very helpful.
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Long hours hard work
Not a good or secure company
Negotiator (Former Employee) –  London30 August 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for. Put me off being an estate agent. The management is terrible it's like being in a prison. They will rip you off at every chance they get
Pros
Cons
Managemt
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Sales Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Chigwell, Essex8 December 2016
I enjoyed working in this role as I got on very well with all of my colleagues. It wasa fast paced salesy environment which I am fond of. Plus, I very much enjoy pleasing customers and giving them an excellent customer service experience.
Pros
Commission
great
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, ENG3 June 2014
great company to work for, you become part of a family after a few years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Douglas Allen. Our community is ready to answer.

Douglas Allen Reviews by Location