Douglas Allen

Douglas Allen Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews
A typical day is an early start we are in the office before kids even start school. The company has one of the best training out there in the industry in my opinion.

We are constantly taught and targeted to find specific buyers and trained regularly as well as openly discussing success.

The hardest part for me is that management will always seize your opportunity for self gain which has led to staff demotivation.

They will always remind you and train you to be better

very good training provided

too much micro management

very early start times
Poorly managed company, good training, poorly set out commission structure and poor management. Would be easy to grow the company if it was in better hands
I would not work for any other estate agent.

We are an estate agency run by estate agents who understand and are 100% dedicated to our business. We are always looking to improve, we never rest on our laurels and are able to adapt to any marketplace.

Our recent TV advertising campaign has gone down fantastically well and supports our company values and ethos in truly "helping people move forwards on their life's journey".....

Yes, we have high expectations of the people who work or us but we employ the best and the rewards are high for those who are passionate about making things happen. Our customers deserve to work with the best people in the business and our training and development at all levels are award winning and second to none.

But don't just take our word for it. Our (anonymous) staff survey statistics have provided us with year on year great results and feedback whereby 97% of our staff enjoy working for us and 95% are proud to work here.
They will scam you and all the staff that work there. They send you for training but it's just brainwashing.
I was unlucky to have a really bad manager. Working for them only makes you realize how they discriminate their customers.

They say shifts are 'some Saturdays' but they mean every single Saturday.

They will use you and treat you like your disposable.

They will just fire you at the end so they don't have to pay you the commission then keep hiring new people. A really high staff turnover- be aware.
Pros
No pro's
Cons
Long hours, they use people, they give you unrealistic targets, they will always pick at the negatives and make you feel worthless. Totally unorganized.
Fast pace environment, where you can thrive by finding the right houses for the right people. Multiple ways of earning money in this role and you must be active.
Hours where long the company didn’t value staff treated them more like revolving doors in and out very tense atmosphere management was good made it easy to work and very helpful.
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Long hours hard work
Worst company I have ever worked for. Put me off being an estate agent. The management is terrible it's like being in a prison. They will rip you off at every chance they get
Pros
Cons
Managemt
I enjoyed working in this role as I got on very well with all of my colleagues. It wasa fast paced salesy environment which I am fond of. Plus, I very much enjoy pleasing customers and giving them an excellent customer service experience.
Pros
Commission
Cons
great company to work for, you become part of a family after a few years
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Douglas Allen. Our community is ready to answer.
Douglas Allen Reviews by Location