DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 231 reviews matching the search See all 3,254 reviews
understanding staff
Guest Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  West End2 February 2019
it was good working there however no job security as the new reservation department was closed in 9 months after opening The staff and manager was nice nice and the good working hours. Which was good to balance personal and proffessioal life.
Pros
working hours
Cons
staff food was not good
Very abusive working place.
Junior Sous Chef/Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Hilton23 January 2019
I have never been so abused in a working place as I was in Double Tree by Hilton Dartford Bridge. Due to the unnecessary pressure taken due to the lack of staffs I resigned. I mistakenly gave a 2 weeks notice (I was supposed to give 30 days notice). They accepted my notice period and didn't say a thing to me. I just found out about my mistake when my payment came. They simply deducted if from my payment without saying a word to me. If they had said about my mistake I would have fixed, but the intention was to use my services and keep my money.
Wouldn’t recommend
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Chester22 January 2019
They had me order files or documents A-Z is that because they simply couldn’t be bothered doing it themselves and those that work experience so before they can bully me about
I loved this place
Restaurant manager (Former Employee) –  Hilton16 January 2019
I've begin as a shift leader and i grow until beeing an F&B manager,i have learned all the brand standard with the support of the GM.3 years in Doubletree by Hilton made me the manager i am today!
very busy place
Belfry Hotel Bar Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford8 January 2019
big operation place, lots of things is going on, every department in busy, learn a lot about my job allover many years of service, this is my 3rd company own this hotel
Pros
free lunch, dinner
Cons
long stress hours
great training
Reservations agent (Former Employee) –  Hilton7 January 2019
It offers a great training opportunity, i would recommend it to someone who is looking to start their career in reservations. Salary isn't great but it offers a lot of opportunities
Fun group of people to work with.
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen4 January 2019
I enjoyed working at Hilton. Was easy shifts, did get a bit stressful around the time to serve food etc. I learnt how to be quick on my feet and a lot about customer service.
Work experience
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sheffield21 November 2018
Not a very professional environment but it was very fun working here.. I was only here for 2 weeks but the people I worked with were very nice and friendly.
fun workplace because no force
house attendant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 November 2018
In my exprience is that its general good service both side as customers and enployees .
i lke this company but house attendant's employees salary not equal with work becuae each house attendant handle many rooms so its very hard to keep standard cleaning.
Pros
nice lunch
good
Food and beverage assistant
Food & Beverages Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull15 November 2018
The environment is producted, the staff are welcoming as for my role I fully understand what is expectated of been employers as a food and beverage assistant

The working are are flexible,shifts vary depending time of year and events taking place

My job in its self involves setting up different venues and room for event taking place. This sometimes requires moving tables, cleaning cultery, serving hot and cold food and refreshments to guest as and when required
Pros
Casual job and experience
Cons
Hours can be up and down
Trabajo fácil e independiente
Camarera de pisos (Former Employee) –  Londres14 November 2018
Trabajo sencillo de realizar en el que no te exigen mucha experiencia y se va captando allí poco a poco.
Franchised
RESERVATIONS & CONFERENCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire5 November 2018
Some of the policies I knew from Hilton were a bit changed to adapt to franchise owners targets. Hotel is well managed by a very competent General Manager, but the operation system is challenging.
Pros
meals on duty
Productive and fun workplace
Reservations Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  York3 November 2018
DoubleTree is one fraction of the Hilton family and as such is a very busy, fast paced environment. With a fairly small administrative and sales team there is always opportunity to use initiative and contribute. Whether this be with marketing ideas or introducing new offers - everyday is a new experience and learning environment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
can be long hours
Being the best
Guest Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2018
A typical day in Doubletree Westend was amazing. Starting being a great receptionist was great and making me feel excited and motivated every day.The key point was ensuring perfect check-ins, guest satisfaction always high and up to standards. I had a check list and ensured all tasks were done correctly. Since I was a receptionist I was already enjoying teaching and coaching colleagues to ensure best operations.
Pros
Meals on duty, multicultural environment
Cons
Long Hours
Productive, professional and fun.
Supervisor Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hilton9 October 2018
A typical day at work would consist of an employee following a to do list all the while dealing with check in/outs and customers.
I learned several skills including how to deal with irate guests.
The management were great, very professional, very helpful and easy to talk to.
The workplace culture was fun yet remained professional at the same time.
The hardest part of the job was unreasonable guests and customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was how each day and guest was different and the staff.
Needs improvement
Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  Hilton9 October 2018
It was quite a challenging experience, as I came across staff from different horizons which made my stay in there spicy and colorful, I did enjoy working there
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Uncertainty
So so to work for
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Lincoln2 October 2018
An amazing place where people worked hard and made beautiful food
quickly ruined by the new appointed managers who dont care about anything and wont do anything to change.
People were great, management sucked
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton24 September 2018
Everyone I actually worked with were brilliant, hard workers but it seemed that management couldn't cope with running a hotel AND restaurant. Often over-worked and understaffed. Not the best pay for the amount of work we had to do.
Pros
Free food after shift ends
Cons
Often long hours
Was not paid
Bartender/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Yatton, Somerset24 September 2018
I did a 4 hour work trial which I was advised I would be paid for whether I was sucessful in the job or not. I was sucessful but got a job offer elsewhere and they have refused to pay me
Pros
Cons
Don’t get paid
Just awful
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire22 September 2018
Rooftop bar... Management all need a lot more training. The staff need more training upon starting here and the sales pitch upon starting is clearly a lie. Promised a good amount of tips which turned out to be less than your average pub tips which makes you wonder for where all the tips really go.. the salaries were wrong frequently and payslips were conviniently “lost”. The only good thing about this job was leaving. High heels were compulsory throughout the shift. This misogynistic uniform is ridiculous and painful. On my first shift 3 members of staff were complaining how miserable they were and how much they wanted to quit. Not ideal.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
You have to wear high heels (8 hour shifts waking about)

51.2K