DoubleTree by Hilton
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

United Kingdom346 reviews
Good place work
t is a serious work environment things are done fast, they have a good time management in each room, the work must be finished and started on time.
They take care of their staff, they offer a 20 min lunch from their own kitchen. Good work team. It is a comfiable company.
N/a
As a housekeeping team member is fast paced, but there is plenty of opportunity to climb the ladder if you want to.
Overtime is available, especially at busier times of the year & all the staff are very welcoming.

Managers are very approachable & are ready to talk if needed.
I did a work experience
During my work experience at double tree by Hilton I learnt to work in a very chaotic community. Even though I was working very hard the bosses were very demanding and took advantage of the fact that I was there for work experience. I would not recommend working there.
It’s was a good job .
It is a good place to work in. My manager is very helpful and understanding.Every rooms I clean properly. The guest Im serving with pleasure. In this place rooms is so nicely
One of the friendless place I have worked
A lot to take in for my role but plenty of help and support on hand. Overall the team I worked with were very helpful and atient. The manager is so nice. Other team s are also nice and friendly.
Cultura laboral dinámica
DoubleTree by Hilton cuenta con una diversidad cultural grande. Personas de distintas partes del mundo se reúnen para trabajar de forma colaborativa, desarrollando sus tareas en el hotel. Eso también conlleva que en el día a día se creen pequeños conflictos dentro del grupo de trabajo.
Lo que más valoro de esta experiencia es haber aprendido a gestionar una recepción y ser encargada del hotel fuera de horas de oficina.
Awful
Bullied by my manager, they didn’t care about you as person or your well-being and the hotel guests were a nightmare. The hotel would bit off more than it could chew and had more complaints than praises also.
Fun and productive work place.
My typical day consisted of waitressing in the restaurant, e.g, taking orders and serving food. The management was fair and well organised and I enjoyed working here because everyone was friendly and there was a lovely working community.
Avoid!!
AVOID this place at all costs. Was told at my interview the rota was given out on a monthly basis, but most of the time it would be given out on the Friday/ Saturday for the week starting on the Monday. I struggled with childcare due to this. Days that you weren’t scheduled in, you would get a message at 8/9am asking if you could cover and start at 10 and would go in a mood with you if you couldn’t cover. Would also get ask tdo treatments you aren’t qualified or trained on. No
Not the best place to learn
After working here as a chef i understand the importance of good food and quality produce, however due to Hilton brand standards, there are a lot of items used that are pre-packaged and ready made. The rotas are poor, you will be left on your own on a busy Friday night, minimal support. You are just there to make them money nothing else, no rewards or recognition especially for kitchen staff.

This being said it can be relaxing and enjoyable at times, but there are too many small issues such as equipment (Not enough Gastro containers etc.), uniform (No Aprons), they often have 1-2 kitchen porters per shift between 3 busy kitchens all on different floors, so you can expect a build up of dirty kitchen ware and a shortage of equipment. Communication is also very poor, I was never informed about booking numbers until right before they arrive, leaving no time for preparation, functions come out of no where with menus you didn't know we had and you will be expected to do this either on your own or with minimal help.

The General Managers will check through the kitchens regularly looking for out of date stock or poor cleanliness, this was rarely picked up on, and felt like we were not trusted.
Bar staff
Was a very nice place to work, all members of staff were very friendly and very welcoming and made you feel comfortable asking for help if needed. Mangers were very helpful to!
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Difficult to get to if you don’t drive
Swindon Doubletree
I do not recomand this place ...Stay away from this place ...Reception manager blonde very rude ..I work night shift and day shift they don t care..Is the most rude manager from my life..I don t know how can be manager with no experience this girl ...Another colleague she said to me this manager very rude , lol...Where is the head office for this place to check what is wrong with this Swindon Doubletree?
girl because she bring only english people in reception....
bad workplace
very stressful
time table was very unorganized

it was a lot of work for the paid I was given

bad working culture

without support available to ensure everyone who works here is happy
Pros
free lunch
Great Place to work with Supportive Managers
I loved being part of the beauty team at Doubletree Dunblane. The lead therapist was always very supportive, knowledgeable and understanding. Prior to the monthly rotas being creating the Lead Therapist always asked if there were any days I couldn’t do, which was nice as it saved always having to take holidays. The rota was also very fair, and everyone got a couple of weekends off a month.

The Health Club overall is a little run down, however the treatment rooms are kept to a very high standard and are very clean. The rooms are regularly checked by the lead therapist to ensure they are kept to a high standard.

This was one of the few beauty therapy jobs I've had that provided adequate breaks between treatments, which allowed time to make commission based sales, clean the room or just to grab a cup of tea between clients.

Lots of great perks with Hilton as well, cheap hotels and 50% discount on food/ drink. Lunch was also free at the canteen and you get paid for you lunch break which is a big bonus.

All the Livingwell staff were friendly and always willing to lend a hand. Overall it was a great place to work as long as you are willing to put the work in when needed.
Avoid to work in the kitchen
No motivation, poor wage not very competitive, asking for to much to do but at no extra pay. I will just avoid in the future.
They lied to me in the beginning and apparently I was not the only one
Empresa com boas instalações mas com falta de staff
Hotel com boas instalações e oferece bons benefícios de trabalho. Mas infelizmente peca pela falta de qualidade da gerência e do próprio staff.
Too demanding
My review for them is not good considering what people pay to stay at their hotels but then again that could be other people's attitudes because cleaning or house keeping is behind the scenes not at the forefront so people can do what they want or the saff can boss you around and sometimes there wasn't enough clean if clean if to do our work
not good, try to avoid
not a very positive experience because of how management act and how things are run, shift patterns are all over the place and some people are favoured over others getting the shift they want and having holidays confirmed and booked with no problems
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours including double shifts(7am-1pm then 6pm-close) also low pay
Fast paced days
A day at doubletree is quiet a fast paced shift an rooms have to be cleaned to a very high standed if it's not you are sent back to the room so you can put the fault right
Pros
9am start
Cons
Your time limited per room
productive and fun
brilliant place to work- definitely recommend - opportunity to meet and work with a lot of amazing people. sometimes you can also come across some famous faces (OBVIOUSLY BE PROFESSIONAL) enjoyable experience --definitely recommend
Personal life
Great place,great team,nice customers,relaxing work place
1.6K