Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
Wouldn't recommend
Shockingly bad management across the board, worst managers I've ever met.
Staff generally friendly but management were disgustingly cruel sometimes in regards to how they treated people.
Dehumanising management.
Cruel and bullying culture. Morale is low amongst staff and stress is high. No recognition of sacrifices staff make, just shaming behaviour and emotional blackmail to do more.
The management mantra is... 'does it meet the needs of the service?'.... Everyone is just a number. This is easily the most horrible workplace I have ever encountered.
Over worked and under managed!
Management have no clue what is going on in the department of Medical Records, nor do they care.
Staff are treated like idiots.

Large scale job losses are planned yet management continuously lie to staff.
Pros
Cons
Treated like second rate citizens
Awful experience NO support or respect from senior management
Terrible environment and senior management are something else, especially CEO. Trust HQ is awash with dreadful people who let this well-established, local hospital down. Do not expect to be treated well by anyone in management, they are shockingly inept at people management and showing any basic respect. It is a ’clicky’ place to work and your face will either fit or it won’t; if it’s the latter, then expect an unpleasant ride. A big shake up is needed here, until people open their eyes, it will just continue....
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
Senior management
Awful colleagues
Anyone wanting to work in the clinical coding department should be wary about some of the awful people who work in there, the training was inadequate the manager was constantly elsewhere or using her mobile phone for personal calls and other people in the department were horrible to me and I was forced to leave due to this. you have been warned.
poor management
Worked at the trust for a number of years and had to say the management throughout the hospital was pretty poor, especially in the medical records department where the management is hardly around when needed for support.
Not supportive and poor communication
I was not treated fairly by dorset county hospital as an RGN. I had personal difficulties they didnt support me or take into consideration. I found them very judgemental and discrimatory.
Pros
Nice decorated and clean
Cons
No support
Great company
Enjoyed working there and great colleagues and it was great to be able to see the changes the hospital made on a daily basis as well being apart of a good change
Hard place to work
Very hard place to work . Worked within the nhs for over 4 years . I was treated with no respect with the management. No understanding when it comes to family issues. Now seeking unfair dismissal. Very poor mangaement..
Pros
Cons
Magagement
Really disapointed
Started work a couple of months ago, wasn't really sure on hours was doing 5 hours a day, didn't have any more then that, waited for a contract for a month and still never got one, colleges are nice but management was terrible, called in sick once and just got hung up on, DIDNT get paid first month which I never got told, as it's 'as and when' you've got to wait 2 months before your paid and they don't tell you that, it financial broke me, had to take a loan out, even then no support with management, all they said is 'did you not read your contract' which I never received, even after emailing the line manger and supervisors never got it! Thought the nsh would of treated the staff better, some of the ward staff and really friendly and others just look down on you because your just a cleaner
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management
friendly environment with hard working and dedicated staff
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for this trust. It has a very supportive and friendly environment. I also feel like my
hard work is recognised and contributions are valued.

i am also grateful for the fact that my development and progression has been activity encouraged.
Pros
A beautiful area to live and work in
Cons
can be challenging at times to deal with the demands on the service.
Busy office environment
Working in Medical Records in the NHS has its ups and downs and no day is the same. It is a very busy office environment with a lot going on.