Dorchester Collection

Dorchester Collection Employee Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews
its a busy working environment like any other 5 star hotel with an exceptional i may say.

GM leads the team to deliver a good working environment.

Staff ... happy people.
Is been amazing to work for the best hotel in London
Great place where to work. Amazing people and really good management!
I really enjoy to work with Dorchester Collection. They have great stands and great guests!
I been working in Dorchester for years, the place is highly organized, turnover of the staff, really pressuring job, attention for details.Definitely a place to stay for max an year.
The salary for the pressure which you have is really low.

Long shift and never ask for holiday .

Holiday lock for 6 months a year.

Staff really friendly and helpful.

In the end is not the best xcompany to work with
The name of the Dorchester Collection is one with luxury. This workplace is the best source of experience in the field. Learning from the best speaks for itself. Great insight into high level service.
typical day at work; work place culture a large variety of culture (different countries);management not so open to new ;hardest day sunday; learned few thingsi
office is very corporate and eveyone is there to work and so there is little social atmosphere but still a very friendly office. Management is approachable and want you to acheive your goals
A great start to work in learning the companies values was ruined by managers who took no care for their staff and also enforced a bullying culture that i was not involved in but witnessed on a daily basis. Also a shocking HR department who are extremely ineffective
After complaining about being put on 11 hour days for 7 days straight, all to be done in heels that were new as I had just started so I was still breaking them in, I was given a meeting with the owner of coworth park to be told all sorts of excuses before finally admitting that the amount of hours given was unfair and unrealistic, they decided because I brought up this complaint that they would move me from waitressing inspa to the main drawing room, which felt as of they did because they felt threatened and wanted to inflict more stress on me considering it is a lot busier in there and must go up and down stairs constantly.
advantages:

some good benefits,

If you are a new starter you learn a lot

good people

disadvantages:

salaries could use improvement at lower levels

Pros
free lunches, some good benefits
Cons
long hours, bad management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dorchester Collection?
Great work experience in the high end world of hoteling. Due to the demanding guests and the special requests you need high flexibility and good problem solving skills to be able to survive in this environment. A workplace like this makes you ready for anything else.
Pros
Good salary, good canteen, Free nights within the hotel collection
Cons
Work life balance is highly dependent on the management and their skills
I worked there for quite a while and enjoyed every bit of it, apart from my at that time manager every thing was really good, free lunch, great people to work with, and beautiful place to be on a daily basis.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Night shifts
I absolutely love it here. It is hard work and demanding, but the team are all supportive .

The rooms are light which make a change to usual working in dark rooms. Training is 5*, and very professional surroundings. Think etiquette. You have to carry yourself well and always appear smiley and bubbly. You will be back to back so looking after yourself outside of work is a must. I.e good sleep, working out for stamina, taking care of yourself.
Pros
Perks, lovely team and surroundings
Cons
Long days, but that's the job
it was great to work and learn in a hotel that puts such a high standard to attention to detail I feel it has given me a great foundation to build upon.
Pros
Staff Morale
Cons
Being away from home
As coworth park was my first job, it helped to realise what is it like to work. through this job i have learned to work with different types of co-workers and cope with them as different people have different personalities.
Pros
free lunch and benefits
Cons
short breaks
I had the privilege to work for the dorchester group at the Coworth Park
Everything about this company is nothing but class and proper management

learned more in three months than I did in three years
Pros
Learning
Cons
A fun and challenging job, working alongside competitors during polo matches, making sure the goals are called correctly.

Imagine a dozen horses running at you at speed!
It is an incredible spa to work for, with amazing benefits and a great team to work with. Receiving amazing product training, and knowledge to help to produce 5* treatments
inset run very well bye the mangerment and the hotel but my collages other waiters are great to work with. they could do with having commies in drawing room not just waiters
A very busy environment, there is nothing such as easy days.

I've been improving my english a lot. The offered me the opportunity to attend at the WSET level 2 course which I've passed with distinction. That being said I have learned a lot more about wines.

Good management, always caring about their employees.

Unfortunately not everyone is experienced.

Hardest part of the job is ''Breakfast shifts''. I am not a big fan of Breakfast service.

Most enjoyable part is that everyone is trying to combine having fun with doing their jobs properly.
Pros
Accommodation 5 minutes away from work.
Cons
They don't accept couples.
Providing top quality service. One of the most fast paced environments I have ever worked in. Extremely well organized and professional. If you are willing to grow in hospitality business this is the best place for you to work at.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities.
Cons
Work / Life balance is very bad.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dorchester Collection. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2