Donnelly Group Employee Reviews

Lies,lies, lies!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Ballymena, County Antrim4 April 2019
On receiving the job offer I was told I would receive £100 commission for every car I sold plus extra for selling warranty, service plans, Gap insurance and finance, when I began employment that was then changed to £100 for a new car and £50 for a used car plus extras. Then when my pay was due it was changed again to only £100 per new car and nothing extra for selling finance, gap, service plans etc.
I was also told they were working on work/life balance and that Saturdays were to be worked every other week 8.45am-1pm but when I started that was changed to 3 out of 4 and work until 2.30pm. I was also told that I would receive 12 extra days holiday for working the late evenings and Saturdays however this was changed to -you get one day off the following month if you work all the late nights and Saturdays on the rota the previous month and if you take the day off or holidays then you can’t get one off in the next month as you haven’t worked all the rota.
There is a culture of distrust and EVERYTHING you do is monitored, all phone calls recorded, zero autonomy given and you even use a finger print to clock in and out. This should not be in a sales role- flexibility is key- sales people often work hours past their official work finish time and a little flexibility for running late or leaving early should be employed not a authoritarian approach.
Zero staff morale, zero motivation, zero showroom footfall, zero training and zero team work!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no trust, zero morale and zero team work.
Bullying at its worst
Sales administrator (Former Employee) –  Ballymena, County Antrim2 April 2019
I would honestly advise you not to apply to work here I was here during the change over of owners and it really was bullying at its worst before and after take over. And certain managers swearing at you was just one of the final straws
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Bullying is rife treat there staff like animals
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry22 February 2019
I have worked for the group for too long I have seen nearly 50 colleagues leave in 12 months in campsie and others treated like trash and bullied.

Biggest problem is directors one of whom should retired at 72 and another who is so far out of his depth its unbelievable and the third pretend director in vw
Pros
its a job
Cons
poor pay, hours, treatment, no progression and a click
Why always advertising
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  MallUsk11 January 2019
Do the Donnelly group not understand things must not be right if they constantly advertise?

Things need to change at middle management.

Sack a man who is newly married and a pregnant wife. Not at all to do with his workmanship, because he had a tiff with a foreman.

Outstanding.

Even HR knew it was wrong. Hands were tied.
Top HR man in Dungannon is a fool. Thinks nobody has the power to stand up to the Donnelly group.

Anyhoo. If you apply after this review. Your welcome to it. Have a plan B.

Tootles
Pros
Application process
Cons
Read reviews
Great culture
CAR PARTS (Former Employee) –  Enniskillen, County Fermanagh25 September 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for donnelly group and would not hesitate to apply to a job here in the future. Work life balance was great. I would recommend.
Don't do it
Car Wash Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dungannon14 September 2018
You have been warned stay well clear. It is a company that puts profits before staff if you do to much overtime,that is not aloud although you have to do this as the you are expected to do the same amount of work that five other people are doing.You will also get sales reps from the motor store coming up and infront of other staff and customers blaming you for mistakes they made, One of the owners them selves summed it up well when at a night out for the 70th anniversary stood up and said all staff were a number. That is what is thought of staff.
Pros
Walking out of job
Cons
Applying for job
If I could give minus rating I would
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Campsie11 September 2018
Met some great friends here in Donnellys but that’s we’re the positives stop. The Directors couldn’t care less about there staff in Campsie as you were seen as a number. Full of lies. The accountant screws over the sales team as he is more interested in keeping his buddy happy in aftersales. No real options to push on in your career.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Everything else
Embarrassing
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Enniskillen6 September 2018
Totally inept management blaming each other and then laugh and joke with one another. So much covered up would never purchase a car from here! 1st class techs treated like lower class. Reactive company defo not proactive. Understaffed too much paperwork big turn over of staff please stay away and do not purchase a vehicle from here. Never get holidays approved and not allowed to carry over holidays to the new year! Shambles! Please be warned
Pros
Good techs
Cons
Lies lies more lies
Unfair
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mallusk5 December 2017
Wages not bad, don’t stand up to any members of management, you will most certainly lose your job within 24hours (they will make up false allegations against you to do this)

Very “clicky” workforce, you will be seen as an outsider.

Would prefer to leave the motor trade if this was the only job available, do yourself a favour, look harder, relocate, retrain or sign on!!!!
Pros
The Road out of the place
Cons
The entrance
Work conditions dreadful.
Bully boy tactics.
Absolutely deplorable Company.
Snakes!
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dungannon, County Tyrone21 November 2017
Very political workplace were every department is working against each other and always shift blame to the other “team” Members. Workshop Management hasn’t got a clue of how vehicles work and have no experience in the Trade bar there time spent there. Also more faces in and out that there is no point learning there names if you even can stick it out past your first month. Will also blacken you when you do leave and are called for a reference VW DEPARTMENT
Pros
Plenty of work available
Good workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2017
Have worked there a while & staff is great. Hours off work is great also . There is also akot off work to be done so day nevet goes slow which is a good thing.