Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews
I enjoyed my time at Doncaster and Bassetlaw hospital but I felt it was time for a change. The job role I had served me for the time I worked there. I had chosen a different path to follow.
Difficult situation but everyone pulled together and was a good team to be a part of. Working in "the bowels of the earth" with heavy files but was able to get around the hospital to collect files.
Pros
Early finish, discount on refreshments
Cons
Minor health and safety concern
While working at Doncaster NHS i was happy with the people i met and the job i did at the time, i was allot younger at the time and was a good place to start my first full time role.
Most Staff at Doncaster are committed and extremely hardworking and always puts the patient first. Everyone is always busy as it is not a relaxed environment. Good place to work being NHS as well
Pros
Flexible Working Hours
Cons
IT support very minimal
I have worked with people with varying levels of intellectual disability. This has taught me the importance of monitoring my communications with people and checking for comprehension in order to facilitate understanding around there needs.The thing I enjoy most is providing individual patient care. Having a direct influence on a person’s health is very fulfilling and I love watching a patient progress and improve from admission to discharge
Pros
people
Cons
An interesting and challenging place to work where each day brings different challenges.my current role involves collecting,decontamination and sterilization of surgical instruments.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Work\life balance not always great
A typical day is a short shift on a ward. I learnt basic skills such as vital signs, washing and feeding patients, making beds and other typical ward duties. The management were supportive. The hardest part was being unable to help patients due to their illnesses. The best part was making a difference to a patient.
Typical Day
You would be required to deal with any type of person the came in to the centre - you could be dealing with different types of requests for information to directions, booking staff on to courses and general office duties

What I learned

I can cope in a mutli task enviroment

Not always availible to offer support when needed

The hardest part of the job

Keeping up with changes to training within the NHS

Most enjoyable part of the job

Meeting people from different enviroments and helping staff if at all possible
Running around like a headless chicken, poor management. Unsociable hours. Virtually impossible to find a parking space, and when you do you have to pay.
Always busy with lots going on. Short-staffed a lot of the time.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Noisy office