Domino's Employee Reviews

fun work place
pizza maker (Former Employee) –  cardiff8 March 2018
its a busy work place work well as a team always a happy place to work the hardest part was when we had loads of orders to do but everyone helps each other out.
fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen8 March 2018
fun work place but delivery is crazy

use around £25 - £30 a night on fuel. and get around £10- £20 of it back. Can barely afford to go into work as they just dont cover the fuel cost
Pros
good team, friendly people, fun enviroment
Cons
pay
fast paced fun environment
Phone operator (Former Employee) –  Dundee8 March 2018
Serve customers in a fast paced environment

Accept payments from customers and give change as necessary

Request and record customers’ orders and calculate bills using tills

Communicate with costumers regarding orders, comment and complaints
Pros
discounted food
fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 March 2018
this company is great to work in. you will learn new things everyday. it is a busy place to work in but a lot of fun too. and the time just goes so quick.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
0 hour contracts
Hard team work
Pizza Chef (Current Employee) –  Manchester7 March 2018
The Domino's pizza demands the high level flexibility of their worker.I started the job always in different time. Apart of the rota their workers need to be flexible at any time when they are calling.
In this time when I was a team member of the Domino's I learned
how to make and prepare the high quality food
how to do the inventory and take the delivery out.
The managment is good, they can handle the problems of the costumers and their workers.
The hardest part of the job is the long busy-time.
And the most enjoyable part is the staff. They are not only a team, they are a family.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
zero contract
very rushed
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London5 March 2018
I had a good time working for Dominoes, although, at times it was very rushed. I got on well with the other staff and management. The hardest part of the job was when it was -2 degrees outside and pelting with rain or snow.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
wet cold weather
Busy place too work with great management team
Dominos Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port5 March 2018
Worked here for 3 years, was a great place too work most of the time, the good points were that because i knew the area so well i was one of the quickest drivers and the management sort of favoured me for this. Was also great because you were entitled too a free 7 inch pizza every 4 hours (staffy). The downsides too this job was that their was a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle that you had too use and also quite a lot of waiting around at times for deliveries / orders.
Pros
Free pizza at times, great management team
Cons
A lot of waiting around at times
avoid
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport4 March 2018
Awful place to work!! Thankfully they fired me before I walked out of there. After being sacked because I attended a funeral and was late for my shift and being ill in hospital I was then told I was not fit to work in dominos! absolutely shocking place to work. I have seen more people leave dominos then I have seen walking and ask for a job. avoid them like the plague
Pros
50% discount
Cons
everything
Avoid
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grimsby4 March 2018
Worked for 6 months as a Domino's delivery driver.
Mileage allowance is poor - 80p per delivery no matter where you go, often journeys were a 14 mile round trip so some nights you ended up spending more on fuel than you earned back in fuel allowance. Not to mention the wear and tear on your own car.

No guarantee of hours - some nights you would turn up and have to basically beg management to not send you home after one hour.

No respect from management - would quite happily take hours from you to give to someone else despite having previously put in full-time hours and worked hard to do more for the store. I often put in extra time to help out and would then have hours taken off me later on. No consistency.

No real perks - discount doesn't work out any cheaper than ordering a regular deal as you can't take discount on any offers, only on full price products. And no, you don't get freebies!

Never received my proper allocated breaks. If a delivery was there I had to take it regardless. So some days (if you managed to get the hours, that is) you would end up on a long day with no break at all.

Also if someone doesn't pay you right on the door when you deliver, responsibility falls to you as the driver and you have to pay it. Obviously you check the money at the door, but if someone is threatening and refuses to pay or disputes the amount and slams the door on you, there's not a lot you can do. Makes you feel very unsupported as a driver!
Pros
Cons
Too many! Unsociable hours, poor mileage allowance, no perks, lack of respect
you run up around 30- 150 miles per shift in your own car at your own expense
Pizza Delivery driver Part-time (Current Employee) –  UK2 March 2018
you run up around 30- 150 miles per shift in your own car at your own expense It destroys your car and costs a lot in repair bills and in petrol costs, I have to replace my car every 6-12 months has it breaks beyond affordable repair within that time beyond repair. And no insurance company will insure you for delivering pizzas so you have to tell them your not using your car otherwise they will not cover you. This is very upsetting having to do this, and is very unfair that we have to do this. Dominos shouldn't be allowed to make people use their own cars at the expense of there employees, for their profits. The management treat and think of drivers has storage class on the titanic.
Pros
You can many times get between 16 - 50 hours of work.
Cons
You have to use your own car at your personal expense.
Bad hours and minimum pay for the amount of work required of you.
Insider (Former Employee) –  Faversham, Kent1 March 2018
The hours are always in the evening, and usually have to stay till very late ( midnighht or so), otherwise you dont tend to get many hours. The work is fast paced and rushed, and doesnt feel like its worth doing all the work for the minimum pay you receive (only 4.05 an hour as a 17 year old!). Not much opportnuity to develop, but a decent job if you trying to earn some extra cash or if you have nothing else on board.
Pros
Free Food (even though its bad for you and gets boring) / Flexible also
Cons
Minimum pay, therefore lack of motivation
good place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Grimsby1 March 2018
good staff, not 100% on the whole nil hour contract i enjoy working there but as you need to use your own car always have to repair it or get a new one,
Fun Workplace
Driver and Instore Team Member (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset1 March 2018
The staff and management Dominos are amazing and make work worth it. It can be a rewarding job but can be busy and you are on your feet a lot. You can earn bonuses over Christmas.
Pros
50% off Pizza
Cons
Busy
Fun but poor management
team member in Dominoes Bayswater (Former Employee) –  Bayswater28 February 2018
Management is horrible but the working environment is fun no hours are guaranteed you have to pay for your own lunch and the store has mice that they drown in hot water. They also expect drivers to work in other stores owned by the same franchisee and if the driver disagrees he/she risks being sacked
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Terrible management
Fun but busy workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  phones, UK27 February 2018
I had fun working at dominos but my downfall was the wage. I made a lot of friends there and everyone was so welcoming, it did get busy but if your a hard worker then you will smash it.
Very busy snd hard working environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  London26 February 2018
From Friday to Sunday it is very busy at dominos. During the week days it isn’t as busy. It depends on what day and what deals are out for the shop to be busy.
Pros
Discount for
Cons
Difficult customers
Okay Work place
Dominos worker (Former Employee) –  London NW, Greater London26 February 2018
I didn't too much enjoy the work place but it was a very good summer job to do and good pay aswell as a lot of benefits for someone working there however some of the employees did ruin my experience but even thought it was a good learning curb.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Some employees
Depressing and Draining.
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmslow, Cheshire25 February 2018
A typical shift would be 3-4 hours long where you are expected to answer the phones to take orders as well as work in other places of the shop such as on the make line (making the pizzas) or on the oven cutting them. You are expected to work every Friday and Saturday rush hours and may have other hours removed if you have booked these days off. Some management works very well however, the managers very regularly step on each others toes & over ride each other. Certain managers will happily remove all hours if you enter an altercation which occurs very frequently dependent on the manager and how they decide to run the shop. There are between 3 & 4 managers that are active in the shop ranging from an area manager, shop manager, assistant shop manager and then a shift runner. Due to the amount of people all having a say on how to run the shop the rules/regulations are constantly changing. This job gives you no security as it is a 0 hour contract and they are able to give you as little hours as they like. Although it is a very easy job to do if they do not expect more of you than you are capable of.
My First Job
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent24 February 2018
This was my first job in the UK and i remeber how helpful was the mangment team and help me to improve myself they took in borde even when they knew i had not ay work experince. i love all of them
Good environment and friendly people working cohesively usually.
head customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire23 February 2018
Working at domino's was very enjoyable due to the (mostly) friendly staff. The work distribution was not the best i have seen though. The management led well in the labouring aspect but worked younger workers much harder than their older friends. Overall it is a cool place to work though.
Pros
occasional free food
Cons
uneven work distribution

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K