Domino's Employee Reviews

Found 2,218 reviews matching the search See all 17,970 reviews
good easy work however too many hours for a part time job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andover7 September 2018
a very easy friendly environment helping customers make decisions on there orders, however management had me reporting to three different bosses which ave me completely different guidelines causing training issues and logistical issues within the workplace
Pros
good pay, friendly staff
Cons
management, no breaks, working 7 hours every day for a part time job
Stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire17 January 2019
Job was very stressful, with little to no support in busy periods. There is no workplace culture as employees change quite regularly apart from a couple of people.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally
Cons
Intense environment
Structured and Team effort
Shift Runner (Former Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex22 November 2018
This job is heavily team-based and station-based. Can get busy within minutes so must be able to switch into gear at any moment. Still relaxed place to work and friendly management ti help you
Pros
discount on Pizza (50%)
Cons
Hours can change depending to demand
It's not £10 per hour
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon20 January 2019
Signed up to be a Domino's delivery driver for a bit of extra money. The interview was literally "what days can you work", I said weekends and was told I had the job! I was informed they were desperate for staff, literally anyone or anything would do! The uniform isn't flattering, a lot of rules as well including dark shoes, dark top under the Domino's top, no stubble etc. Training included an online course which was a bit pointless and spending an hour or so with another driver. The wage was £8 per hour, plus petrol money and tips. Petrol money was £1 per delivery plus 20p to 40p dependant how far. It really wasn't enough, some deliveries were a 20 mile total drive. Add on to this the quick wear to tyres and brakes, I found spending wages on keeping the car going. Tips were rare, if lucky £2 a night. Colleagues and customers were friendly though, but I was surprised at the resentment of the company by some of the colleagues; several stories of being underpaid and random items taken out of wages. The job is more than just delivery driving, it included cleaning the store, cleaning pots and pans, restocking items, taking bins out, making pizza boxes, just about everything really. There are no incentives, bonuses, thank yous, it's literally come in do your work and that's it. No gratitude to the staff who work long long hours, bearing in mind the thousands of pizzas made each week. This may go some way to explain why they struggle to take staff on and keep staff, nowadays companies understand they need to appreciate their hard working staff. There was no finish time as such, you'll  more... finish when they told you. The tickets advising where to deliver the pizza to were poor, usually misprinted and lacked all of the address. You'll get a free pizza if worked over 6 hours, but didn't really have a proper break to sit and eat it. If you're looking for something in between jobs it'll be OK for a few weeks but not long term and it's certainly not a career.  less
Pros
Employment
Cons
No finishing time, no rewards incentives or even thank yous, low fuel pay
Decent workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheshunt29 October 2018
As a delivery driver, the job is decent. Good tips, but long hours. Working with the public is very rewarding but can also be quite challenging when you have to deal with tricky/angry customers.
Pros
Free lunches
job is average
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire24 November 2018
average job average pay but lots of cleaning involved as a driver your expected to do much more than drive ,youre expected to clean the whole shop and wont finish until this has been completed.
Pros
nice staff members
Great Place To Work!
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Port Talbot28 June 2018
The only downside to working as a driver for dominos would be the base salary is minimum wage, but it is to be expected.

All the staff are great, supportive, and our store manager, who is also the area manager, is awesome! He really couldn't do anymore to help his staff and make us all feel like part of our sore family.

Benefits are a little lack lustre, but the renumeration each night from your deliveries/tips/fuel is very good, most days bringing home more than your daily salary.

Working hours are super flexible, however this is not a job for those needing guaranteed hours as drivers and in-store staff will start getting sent home as the orders start dwindling, though from personal experience you'd have a fight on who goes home first most nights, so staying till close usually isn't an issue if you needed the extra hours.

Getting cover and asking for more hours, again, from personal experience, is super easy.

Definitely a job I'd recommend to anyone that doesn't have to have 30-40+ hours guaranteed.
Pros
Store Environment, Working Flexibility
Cons
No Guaranteed Hours
Rather be on the dole
Driver (Former Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire12 April 2018
Paid minimum wage for using my own vehicle not fully reimbursed for the costs of that. Expected to drive 14 milds for 85p. Management are a joke. Bullying culture. Better off on benefits.
Pros
Non
Cons
Having to use my wages to fund the company's delivery costs.
decent
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire27 November 2018
working at dominos was a new experience but a good one. however their were a few changes that could been made to make it even better for the newcomers for example the management style, the management style was too authotarian meaning the workers were always under pressure.
Productive and fun workplace
Team member (Former Employee) –  Newtownards7 November 2018
I really enjoyed my job at dominoes but just wanted to move on too different things and experiences as I started to get bored of working in the food industry because of the long hours
Pros
Free lunches
Hated it
Fast food delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Tonypandy27 November 2018
Too many drivers to start the night, dwindling down throughout the night,
ok for younger people as management (compared to myself) were just kids straight out of school or college part timers.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Too many people, Disorganised, managed by children.
Great
In store Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dinnington29 September 2018
I've worked at dominos twice now at 2 diffrent stores, and I can honestly say it's a great job, staff are awsome always having banter, Management is great at the store I work he's best manger I have ever had over all awsome place.
Pros
Great staff, management, pay is ok
Cons
unsociable hours
Fun and inclusive workplace
In-store staff member (Former Employee) –  Warrignton11 September 2018
Working for this company gave me experience in customer service and food safety. The hours were often long and staff were not given a definite finishing time but the staff were friendly and the standard of customer service was high.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, lots of closes and no certain finishing time
just a driver job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 December 2018
Short hours mainly afternoons and weekends, easy job. Only part time mostly as drivers needed for busy hours. The management is nice and usually is a good atmosphere in the shop
Pros
great team
Cons
low hours
Decent part time job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pontefract21 October 2018
Decent part time job, I was a student but some of the older drivers usually supplimented another job in tandem with this one.

Can end up working late, personally not a problem, however I see how it could be to some people. On the other hand possibility of early finishes when the business is slow.

Overall job is quite fun giving the opportunity to chat to co-workers while doing menial tasks during the slow periods. Using personal vehicle offers the ability to make the job very comfortable and personal (listening to music ect.)
Pros
Sometimes got free food and tips
Cons
Can get stressful when dealing with customers
Horrible work environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fallowfield, Greater Manchester11 October 2018
I was sexually harassed by male workers, however, the manager took care of it after I left.
However, it was not all bad there, I got a great look into the busy work life of the fast food retailing in a busy student area, which taught me to manage time and stress.
Pros
Good fast paced job
Cons
Work envirnment
Domino’s driver
Car driver (Current Employee) –  London15 January 2019
Not good management of the store where I work. The money is small and you are expected to do everything. It's too dangerous to transport in the late hours.
Interesting place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Merseyside4 December 2018
Interesting place to work, mostly full of students, high staff turnover.

The store I worked at kept taking on more and more drivers so I got less and less shifts, at the start I gave my availability each week and got a reasonable number of shifts with other staff willing to swap and cover when needed.

Then they moved me to another store and it all went downhill, didn't ask my availability, put me on shifts I couldn't do and insisted I had to meet the needs of the business. Worked out I was earning less than minimum wage doing 10 mile round trips for £1 fuel money. Pointed this out to HR with their terrible suggestion that you'd be earning around £10 her hour but they insisted I was wrong.
Decided I didn't want to work for that store any more and switch back to my original store only to still be left off the rota.
Not really interested in going back any longer, for what they charge for their pizzas they could afford to pay a living wage.
Pros
Free personal pizza if you work over 3 hours, dome decent managers
Cons
Poor fuel money, some poor managers
Fun but underpaid
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rowley Regis, West Midlands11 September 2018
The people I worked with were great excluding the management but we were expected to do too much for too little pay. Fast paced environment so we were always busy and that was enjoyable as shifts passed by quickly but it was a lot of pressure if you make one mistake they are not happy at all.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Long late hours, underpaid.
No care for others
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rayners Lane Station29 September 2018
During my time at dominos I would almost be forced to come into work when I wasn't scheduled to come in and as well as this they didn't treat me properly, not even giving me a lunch break.
Pros
Discounted Lunch
Cons
Long hours, No regard for other timetables

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K