Domino's Employee Reviews

Found 2,116 reviews matching the search See all 16,864 reviews
Its alright for a quick quid between jobs
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham29 August 2018
Depends on which store and who you work with, usually store mangers and colleagues are great but it's when head office and areas managers get involved it becomes a problem. Employees views are not appreciated or considered. Expect too much from one person and all you hear back is, it's the needs of the business or it's your job, trust me you are NOT just a delivery driver
Pros
Easy Money
Cons
Long hours, Not Gaurenteed hours, Head Office are idiots that think of themself. Expect too much from 1 person, views and opinions are unappreciated
Fun work place
Dominos instore worker (Current Employee) –  Wath upon Dearne26 August 2018
It’s a fun environment to be in, not too strict and very easy going but at times it gets tough and hard to work around. It gets very busy and tough and everyone starts to argue but over all it’s a good environment to be around. And work in.
Pros
Discount on pizza
Cons
Rubbish pay
not good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ripon26 August 2018
dominos ripon has some good staff but the management have no idea what they are doing, there is limited communication between staff
staff turn over is high
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hazlemere25 August 2018
I worked for the company answering phones when I was sixteen it was incredibly stressful. However, as the restaurants are franchises this might not apply to all store. My experience was not great though. While speaking to people on the phone I would be yelled at and some customers would use explicit language or make threats. My manager's policy was that unless this went on throughout the call i.e 3 times or more you couldn't just hang up on them and had to take the abuse. During most of my time there I was also the only person answering phones as there was a high turnover of staff. This meant most evenings I was manning four or more phones with multiple call channels. The co-workers were an upside as often drivers were willing to drop me at or near to my home after a shift. The discount also wasn't bad as I received 50% off of food and would often be given wrong orders to take home with me. Also because of how understaffed the store was your job was secure as they were afraid of losing anyone else especially around the time that I eventually left.
Pros
Free food and discounts
Cons
Understaffed
Fun place to work!
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands23 August 2018
I worked at their Wolverhampton head quarter. I was lucky enough to work in both business! I had a lot of fun working for SK group. The directors were very helpful and supportive and it didn't seem like work at all. It felt like a big happy family trying to achieve the same goal. Unfortunately, due to personal reasons I had to move on otherwise I had planned to leave only by retiring!
Pros
Discounted food
Good working standard.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Antrim23 August 2018
I have worked at Dominos for a year and a half having left once before. New management in the Dominos Antrim changed my view on the company as I was finally trained, given responsibility and trust. The management improved 100% from what it used to be. A typical day in the job consisted of making pizzas during the busy and quiet hours e.g. 5-9pm busiest hours. This also included answering phones, cleaning and serving customers. The biggest con of the job was the long hour closes in which I didn't get home until 4am however they paid well. The culture of the job is filled with fun and banter which I had no problems and in general a sense of family was established. I enjoyed serving customers and ensuring as they were happy as I treat people the way I'd like to be treated. I learned to take a job serious, how to manage my time and how to correctly interact with colleagues/customers. I learned how to prepare and cook to a high standard, decent skills which I use daily. The more you give to work the more success and fulfilment you will receive in return.
Pros
lunches £1 for a small pizza, fun and can make friends.
Cons
long early hours in the morning
A great experience
delivery Driver. (Current Employee) –  Dereham, Norfolk23 August 2018
I have worked at Domino's for a few months now and have found the experience to be 100% positive. Management are great and the staff, who are all younger than me; and it does'nt even matter like I thought it would, are all pleasant and friendly. Making and delivering pizza is the only concern there is no backstabbing or stitching up, I have found at other places of employment. I give respect and it is returned to me. I am looking to maintain my employment with Domino's as well as securing daytime work, I like it so much. Franchisee is great and respects his employees. For example anyone working during the England World cup matches got £25 and a free food deal. He has also increased the delivery bonus paid to the drivers.
Pros
50% discount on food Good rate of pay, fun place to work
Cons
pizza is fattening
All about £
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South West22 August 2018
All they care about is £.
No benefits, no work life balance with long hours expected, poor higher management, will take money out your wages without any explanation.
Pros
Great team
Cons
So so many.
Busy, enjoyable, and consistent
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol20 August 2018
Relatively enjoyable, as I enjoy driving and the in-store team that I worked with were good fun. There was a sense of camaraderie and I have remained friends with some of them. It felt good to be the person bringing hot food to hungry people, and free pizza was a big plus!
Easy
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff20 August 2018
Easy work, with variable hours, perfect next to university. Opporunity to have late afternoon, and nigh shift, and long holidays which are perfect for exam periods.
Hardworking job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 August 2018
some people are nice and some people would look down on you, but the job it self is great the food nice. Most enjoyable part was after the shift you get food discounted or sometimes free!
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Travel
Decent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abingdon19 August 2018
Did enjoy working here. Atmosphere was fairly standard. Hours were pretty poor in that I was given little notice as to when I was working. However this was on a zero hour contract so it was expected. Pay was pretty poor.
Fun, energetic and positive environment.
CSR (Current Employee) –  Coventry17 August 2018
There isn't such a thing as a 'typical day' in Domino's. Every day is different depending on the level of busyness within the store, the number of orders made by customers, dealing with queries or complaints over the phone, and so on.
I learnt how to solve any issues customers may have, for example, orders getting mixed up or delays. I made sure the customer was always left satisfied and was apologetic for any mistakes made within the store. This can sometimes be hard as certain customers may not accept any sort of refund or replacement.
I also learnt to work under pressure during busy times such as freshers week. This made me work very efficiently and as part of a team.
I love working as part of a team because we are all doing different jobs and most of the employees are trained in various areas, which creates a fun environment and you are able to change routines depending on the shift.
Pros
Flexibility and free meals
Cons
Minimum wage and unspecified finishing hours
Was good majority of the time
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Failsworth16 August 2018
When I first started here they was brilliant, the manager and area manager was supportive, staff all stuck by each other. Laid back environment, easy job, when quiet they let you learn other job roles, great room for progression. Lenient shifts, if you had a night out they was flexible with leaving times.

However... our manager was moved to a different store and replaced with another - he didn’t like me cause I was ‘fat’ (size uk 10). Would have me sat in the back building boxes for 2 hours then send me home - giving other staff most hours, when other staff would ask if they could give me their hours he would say no. As I was treated differently from other staff I decided to leave, I should have reported the issue however as I was young I wasn’t sure of the process.

Overall, majority of my experience was great and I would have stayed for longer than I did if it wasn’t for the 2nd manager.
Pros
First 10/11 months of working here
Cons
Need the right team/manager - zero hour contract
Shift Manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  9832 Nicollet Ave. Bloomington, MN 5542016 August 2018
I guess it was just way more than I bargained for...The long hours and horrible night shifts not to mention getting started at only $9.50...You want me to manage your labor, your product, answer phones, make pizza's all while handling in-shop customers!! It would have been okay to do three out off-line 4 of those tasks!! It was just too much and it was time to move on.
Pros
Flexible shifts, free food and okay tips!
Cons
Being forced to work overtime when i couldn't work it! Getting yelled at in-front of customers!
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 August 2018
A typical day at work requires me answering the phone, taking orders, giving good customer services, making sure the shop floor is clean the counter tops are wiped. Working here I learn that you have to be willing and open to take constructive criticism, its very fast pace as well so you have to take your own time to learn the different types of pizzas, what toppings goes on what pizza, all the different type of crust. Management was very nice, helpful in everyway, he take the time out to get to know his staffs, gives constructive feedbacks and let you know what areas you need o work on. The culture was very diverse I would say. The hardest part I would say is that you don't really get a break so you would be on your feet for some good hours. The most enjoyable is to just working to getting as a team, having our little conversations and little laughs here and there.
Pros
free lunches
Great people!
In store Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ferndown14 August 2018
Great working environment and colleagues are all so friendly, we're like one big family! Hours are flexible. Can get really busy on the weekends. Customers can be nasty but only when they're hungry!! Always love seeing the regulars come in, they love it when you remember their name and order!
Pros
lovely staff
Cons
Not great pay, minimum wage
Work overload
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire13 August 2018
too many hours to work on first arrival to a job. Over worked loaded in 3 days at least 15 hours. management was not good not enough training for me to have a good venture into this job
Stressful and haphazard workplace
CSR (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh13 August 2018
Inconsistent shift pattern with constant demand for last minute shift changes almost constantly forcing you to work anti social hours, considerable demands of time and effort for very minimal pay and lacking benefits worth the expectations
Cons
long hours no breaks
Good student job
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bitterne12 August 2018
Very flexible job, with a great management and good teamwork principles - this being an ideal job for a student but nothing more unless you want to go up on the hierarchical ladder.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K