Domino's Employee Reviews

Found 2,041 reviews matching the search See all 16,094 reviews
Fun at times.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Great Dunmow, Essex4 July 2018
I enjoyed my job at Dominos, working for two stores over a five year period. It offered me the opportunity to develop confidence and feel valued in a work place. However, after the franchise was taken over, it wasn’t long before a few problems started to emerge.
It became increasingly clear that being on a dayshift meant that I was expected to work over an extended period during which I did not get enough time to have adequate rest or anything properly to eat. I soon noticed that this regularly put me in a situation where my concentration was compromised and I had to continue driving in a way that jeopardised the safety of myself and other road users.
Before long there were cuts on the remuneration for using my own vehicle for work and it came to my attention that there was a discrepancy in pay and responsibilities between the drivers, to the detriment of some.
After considering the running and reparation costs of a car I used predominantly for work, I decided that it was financially illogical for me to continue.
Pros
An enjoyable job at times.
Cons
Unscrupulous employer
Too much time working in-store
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria4 July 2018
Not a role for people who just want to deliver orders (do not be fooled by the job title)There was a high turn over of in store and driving staff on a weekly basis.Delivery Drivers were expected to expand their role beyond delivery of food orders, as this would include tending to the oven, taking orders over the phone (using a complex touch screen menu system) making endless boxes, storing away deliveries and making pizza's if time permitted. The store I worked at had the youngest store manager (18) who wanted to impress and insisted on a strict dress code (uniform supplied). Low wages effected morale of staff and drivers were given an additional 80p per delivery for covering the west side. all other area's of Carlisle and surrounding area's is 90p. you are will need to use your own car to work as a driver. One of the driving staff used a motorised scooter to deliver orders. as the scooter belonged to franchise owner the colleague did not receive payment for delivery. a day shift you worked alongside 1 other in-store staff from 11am til 4-5pm. some days deliveries were few and far between. I worked a full day shift with only 4 orders delivered all day.The franchise owner only cared about 2 things.......himself and money. He was never interested in the staffing problems and ignored senior staff requests for a supervision. I was never informed that my position had been terminated after I dropped down to part time. despite the attitude from senior staff they did me a favour. you are never given an official end of shift time. you work until the RUSH period is over. You are also  more... expected to work every weekend.  less
Pros
free 7 inch pizza for your unpaid break.
Cons
Management. high turn over of staff. low delivery charges
not good
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Gosforth3 July 2018
great staff but down side is the hours available and the fuel money you get is not good petrol prices on the rise good points always get free food can always have a good laugh i think management need to look at t from drives point of view
Pros
good laugh
Cons
not much fuel money or hours
good people there
Dominos delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Faversham2 July 2018
alright at first, slowly but surely deteriorated. I was a broken man at the end.
Work harder and faster than most but get paid the same if not less.
management chopping and changing non-stop.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
no job advancement
job is ok
Pizza Maker (Current Employee) –  Wigmore30 June 2018
the job is fun at times, but there are never enough hours and too many people work there for them to be shared equally. however some aspects of the job are rewarding.
Productiv and fun
team crew (Current Employee) –  Southwater28 June 2018
prepare the pizza stuff, make the pizza counter

Check which orders must be delivered first

I assure you always be clean in the area where I work

I help supply
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours
Welcoming surrounding
Phone sales (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire28 June 2018
It was a very welcoming place where you felt like as if you were part of a family. There were also lots of hard-workers that took their work seriously as well as me. I learned a lot of organisational skills. How to deal with everything including customers in a professional manner.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Arguments
Great Place To Work!
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Port Talbot28 June 2018
The only downside to working as a driver for dominos would be the base salary is minimum wage, but it is to be expected.

All the staff are great, supportive, and our store manager, who is also the area manager, is awesome! He really couldn't do anymore to help his staff and make us all feel like part of our sore family.

Benefits are a little lack lustre, but the renumeration each night from your deliveries/tips/fuel is very good, most days bringing home more than your daily salary.

Working hours are super flexible, however this is not a job for those needing guaranteed hours as drivers and in-store staff will start getting sent home as the orders start dwindling, though from personal experience you'd have a fight on who goes home first most nights, so staying till close usually isn't an issue if you needed the extra hours.

Getting cover and asking for more hours, again, from personal experience, is super easy.

Definitely a job I'd recommend to anyone that doesn't have to have 30-40+ hours guaranteed.
Pros
Store Environment, Working Flexibility
Cons
No Guaranteed Hours
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol28 June 2018
The management was good and the workplace was fun and enjoyable.The most enjoyable part of the job was that you had free lunch and helpful co-workers.
Pros
Free Pizzas
Cons
Low Wages
dead end abuse
Delivery Expert (Current Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire25 June 2018
To be honest, I'm called in on my days off, I'm expected to work late hours and extra hours at the drop of a hat, theres no career progression (unless you're an attractive young lady)

Double standards are rife, and I constantly get yelled at for trying to do my job correctly, rather than taking shortcuts, and messing up orders.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
No progression.
Fun place to work
pizza delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Shefford25 June 2018
Fun place to work with good workforce and friendly environment makes you feel at home and makes you want to work hard all the time. I have learned to be observant while on duty and helping others out. Good management. Good culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people.
under managed
Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Tidworth25 June 2018
The manager was rarely in and the place was unsupervised, the workers would normally sit on their phones and slack off during busy times. the shop got many complaints on a daily bases and the shop messes up a lot of delivery also on a daily bases.
Pros
shifts was flexible
Cons
unorganised, unprofessional
Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire24 June 2018
great company and great insight into a franchise and how they are run and how they work globally and nationally together to ensure a consistent service is provided
Poor working conditions and unenjoyable
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Devizes23 June 2018
I worked there for 6 months as a delivery driver and hated it, poor working conditions, no breaks, very authoritarian management and long working hours
Alright
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Walkden22 June 2018
Some people were okay, just one individual who didn't care how he was affecting the work life of others. He was very rude and disrespectful and after just a month, I left because I hated coming into work because of him and that should never happen. Management lacked a little and it just didn't feel comfortable to work there.
Pros
free food if it wasn't claime by customers
Cons
certain indiviuals
average
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 June 2018
Zero hours contract, the minimum wage and management that don't care about staff

Management favours certain people and give them all the benefits and ignore the rest. During the busy hours, you can expect to do everything by yourself as the management go to their office and ignore calls for help and then blame you if anything goes wrong.

If you complain about not getting enough hours Management will look for any reason to fire you
Cons
short hours
Pay is bad
Dominos Instore (Current Employee) –  Herne Bay21 June 2018
I am 20 and being in 5.90 an hour it is a struggle to afford almost anything especially when there is almost no way to advance in pay or position.

I have heard various of excuses for staff not to get a pay rise based off of the minimum wage of our age which I do not think it should be done like that but by how hard you work and how experienced you are.
fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool20 June 2018
It`s a fun workplace , having a good atmosphere in the stores , I have learned how to run a business like this , had a lot of success achieved , great opportunity ,
Fast paced
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Urmston20 June 2018
Friendly staff however very little time spent with them. You always feeling rushed to get out the door and the work place was cramped when the shift got busy
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
uncertain hours every week
the managers are bullies
csr (Former Employee) –  Shoeburyness19 June 2018
for sk group franchise the harder staff work the more they are held back and those who stand around talking get all the rewards managers refuse to give you breaks on a 6 hour shift and they are constantly rude to members of staff calling them dumb an they have to stand there and take it all or face having no hours
Pros
none avoid sk group franchise full of bullies
Cons
if you dont get on with high management straight away you are stuck at the bottom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K