Domino's Employee Reviews

Found 2,219 reviews matching the search See all 17,984 reviews
okay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, UK15 December 2018
It was an okay place to work but the culture was borderline cliquely and very in and out, however this experience was only in one store and not the entire company.
Pros
1 pound pizza
Worst. Management. Ever.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Taunton15 December 2018
I felt bullied by the management while working in the Taunton stores a while ago, they seem to think it's acceptable to shout and barge their way through the stores, bad mouthing anyone they don't like while they sit in the office all shift doing nothing, other than occasionally making themselves a pizza, which staff aren't allowed.

Terrible hours, minimal training, zero respect, Breaks aren't in their vocabulary, and some of the most unprofessional behaviour I have ever had the misfortune to witness. The management were all sleeping with/had slept each other, which probably goes some way to explain how any of the incompetent morons got their jobs in the first place.
just a driver job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 December 2018
Short hours mainly afternoons and weekends, easy job. Only part time mostly as drivers needed for busy hours. The management is nice and usually is a good atmosphere in the shop
Pros
great team
Cons
low hours
Constantly Under Pressure
Pizza Maker / CSR (Former Employee) –  Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff12 December 2018
A typical shift at domino's is constantly being in the makeline putting in pizza toppings and having all the toppings memorised in the form of codes. Had to work at very hot temperature up to 90 degrees as I was almost always near the oven putting pizzas in and taking them out. A pizza should be topped in not more than 45 seconds. It was a very fast paced work and usually a 3 hour shift would feel like 10 hour shift as the amount of energy required for a 3 hour shift was equivalent to amount of energy required for a 10 hour shift elsewere.

When the orders stop coming for 1-2 minutes, the floor needs to get brushed as soon as possible. Constantly between the shifts you might been called at the back to do the dishes and tubs aswell.

Maintaining the food standards is a priority at Domino's
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks, heavy lifting dough crates.
Absolute joke of a company.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hemsworth, West Yorkshire12 December 2018
Dominos expect you to live and die by the dominos culture but offer nothing in return. Some of the non-beneficial benefits include,

Zero hour contracts with no job security,
Basic Minimum wages,
The bare minimum per delivery for the drivers.
Paying for your own dominos outfit at full prices.

Dominos expect you to drive 100s of miles per night not taking into account increases in fuel prices, vehicle maintenance, tax, mot, insurance, tyres etc.

The little European manager thinks micro bullying is acceptable for someone far superior.

Stay clear if you have any common sense!
Horrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham12 December 2018
I worked there 4 days in that time shifts were changed and not told made to stay back till midnight finish time was 10pm just kept making u do more and not cash u in management never new what they where doing just a bad bad place to work
Pros
None even full price if u want food
Depends on franchise
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent9 December 2018
It depends on what franchise you work for, some take care of their staff and others don't care at all (your just a piece of meat to them) trust me iv worked in a few. Its a really fun job as long as you have a good team and support of senor management. I had some good teams and had lots of laughs that made all the long hours and stressful times all worth it, but there was also times that senior management was corrupt or lied to my face on matters of importance resulting in me not wanting to be a part of the company anymore.
There is progression for people who start from scratch but its based on individual mangers and how they train people(no structure to it).
Due to its long hours and dedication expected there is no time for family or social life and the only guarantied day off is Christmas day when the store is shut.
Pros
Semi flexible job for people not management
Cons
long hour, Bad franchises, corrupt senior management
fun and enjoyable job
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire7 December 2018
Started by checking vehicles fluid levels. Then get a float. How to take orders over the telephone and tell the people how much what they have order costs. The hardest part of the job was moping the floors last thing at night. delivering pizzas to different people.
Pros
Free pizzas at end of night
Fun proactive
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City7 December 2018
Grate environment progression and development is needed but overall nice staff food well prepped customers allways happy place is clean and tidy very happy environment in deed
Pros
2 pound fir a staff pitzza
Very bad job in uk
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent6 December 2018
Very bad management you feeling you are in Romania not in UK . Erea Manager Romanian and 90% of store Managers is Romanians, Make line 90% Romanians . You working as slave, no staff food only after 6 working hours. If you asking for staff food 5h59m you no get your food because rools. .. and more
Pros
Very bad job in Uk
Cons
Staff food no less than 6 hours
best company i`ve ever worked for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire5 December 2018
Great promotion chances. I absolutely loved working at Domino's as my first job, I learned a lot about being in a customer faced role. However the shifts were very random being one weekend loads of work and then a stretch of a month where there was no work. Despite that the people there were very nice and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
great comminucation skills
Cons
Might as well be on benefits
Dominos Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Swansea4 December 2018
As a driver you will:-

Not be able to plan anything around your day as you know when you start work but dont know when you finish.

Hours are not consistent, 12 hour shift one day and then sent home after 20mins another day....whats the point.

Because of this you dont make a lot of money, but your car still gets a tuning so you need to maintain your car.

Just another job from another employer that wants to be able to snap their fingers when ever they want you and when they dont.

Also breaks have seemed to escaped their imagination.

This isnt this Dominos in particular but with all Dominos stores....

Also, tried to convince me that I dont acrued holiday pay during probation period...which is illegal.
Pros
You can make fun of yourself for being a mug.
Cons
Being a mug.
fun atomosphere
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 December 2018
It is an exciting place to work and fun work to work in.

Staff are so friendly and this makes working worthwhile, I find the daily challenges exciting.
Pros
tips
Cons
Sometimes dont get breaks
Interesting place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Merseyside4 December 2018
Interesting place to work, mostly full of students, high staff turnover.

The store I worked at kept taking on more and more drivers so I got less and less shifts, at the start I gave my availability each week and got a reasonable number of shifts with other staff willing to swap and cover when needed.

Then they moved me to another store and it all went downhill, didn't ask my availability, put me on shifts I couldn't do and insisted I had to meet the needs of the business. Worked out I was earning less than minimum wage doing 10 mile round trips for £1 fuel money. Pointed this out to HR with their terrible suggestion that you'd be earning around £10 her hour but they insisted I was wrong.
Decided I didn't want to work for that store any more and switch back to my original store only to still be left off the rota.
Not really interested in going back any longer, for what they charge for their pizzas they could afford to pay a living wage.
Pros
Free personal pizza if you work over 3 hours, dome decent managers
Cons
Poor fuel money, some poor managers
Good if looking for something flexible and part time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire3 December 2018
Get clocked in only if the store is busy and finished when its not .
Minimum wage where u are expected to work like a robot without any breaks.
Management dont take training seriously and expect that the staff trains new people without any proper guidance,Have to beg to give toppings instructions.There is a lot of favourism to who do full time even if they are wrong and new comers are always insulted and hardly appreciated.Drivers have to drop staff home and are not paid mileage for it,and if u ask for it they make u feel as if ur cheap.They might even request u to drop a delivery on ur way home where they wont clock u in and expect u do it for free since u are going home anyway.The mileage itself is very less as well and the 20 pence that they charge for insurance doesnt cover breakdown.There is also no free drinking water in some stores but staff discount is given which is also based on favourism.
Pros
Friendly staff if u are social and interactive
Cons
Not good pay, poor management, expect to do favours
I can`t
Driver (Current Employee) –  Shepton Mallet, UK3 December 2018
what can i say about dominos pizza .. is a place where u can offer the best of you and in return they are not interested , is a place where are no overtime .
fun
Customer assistant - Instore/Driver (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire, UK2 December 2018
this is a fun place to work and can give management oppetunities to the right people. progression through the company can be shown however it can take time to get there.
Alright
Team Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Swindon29 November 2018
Monthly wages ain't the one, quiet busy over weekend's . 16 year old gets paid 4.25 and 17 5 something but the managers don't tend to increase the wages for 17 year old unless asked
Could be fun but not without problems
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire28 November 2018
Ok if you want to learn a foreign language and don't mind being on call.Hours can be long and customers are often under the influence which can be interesting but sometimes dangerous.
Pros
Eat lots of yummy pizza
Cons
Put on lots of weight
Hated it
Fast food delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Tonypandy27 November 2018
Too many drivers to start the night, dwindling down throughout the night,
ok for younger people as management (compared to myself) were just kids straight out of school or college part timers.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Too many people, Disorganised, managed by children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K