Domino's Employee Reviews

Okay but wouldn’t want to advance
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Sussex6 February 2018
Worked as a driver, nice enough people but as with any big company you’re nothing more that numbers on a screen to them so don’t expect a lot of respect from higher up hence the high staff turnover.
Long hours and expected to stay until late. Feel sorry for the managers as they don’t get a day off and have a lot of pressure put on them and get given zero respect from area manager etc. I worked days so saw a lot of what went on with regards to treatment of employees by people higher up than the managers who worked in store so have zero respect for dominos as a company now. Fun job to do if you’re a student and you get good money as a driver.
Pros
Good tips, friendly colleagues
Cons
Long hours, not respected
bad work environment good people
Head CSR (Former Employee) –  Stowmarket6 February 2018
management was horrible felt, replaceable people came and left.
manger was not nice didn't cared about his staff, wasted food regularly. people were nice and when it wasn't busy it wasn't the worse I've ever worked.
Pros
free food but its dominos you get sick of it quickly
Cons
manger
Fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness5 February 2018
Overall I quite enjoyed this job as a delivery driver. I enjoyed being in my car most of the night as I got to listen to music and be by myself. In store wasn't as much fun as it got quite hectic.
Fun workplace
Making pizza (Former Employee) –  Stevenage4 February 2018
I was making pizzas at Dominos pizza in Stevenage and I did enjoy it as the employees was really nice when I started the showed me around told me how to make the pizza and how to put it in the oven.
Pros
Good and nice employees
Cons
Got abit boring I wanted to try new things
Fun place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Crowborough4 February 2018
Lovely place to work lovely people, great start job for students.

Avaiablty to work as much or as little as you want and opportunity to move round the shop into diffrent roles
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Lack of oppertunity
nice and fun place to work at
CSR (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire3 February 2018
really nice Managers, specially the area managers also the atmosphere in the store is really nice as you get to work and talk with people that enjoy doing their work so i highly recommend anyone who wants to join domino's ;)
Pros
you get your break when ever you want ;)
Cons
when its not busy it might get boring
Hard working hours
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Midsomer Norton2 February 2018
I think managers need to be better trained. Many can be improved. The workspace is very small. Working beside the oven, the air conditioning did not work every time, and the working environment was always under pressure. I think managers should not have been changed so often, because those who have always come must take it from end to end, and they do not learn everything and are changed.
Pros
Food discount
Acquired knowledge
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakham2 February 2018
As a professional I like to carry out my work always in the best possible way, and further developed my knowledge of the area around Oakham. I liked what I did, it seemed simple but it had its level of difficulty.
dominoes
a managerial role (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire1 February 2018
really enjoyed the colleagues I worked with, management was good they did promote me to be manager, hours are good also pay rise was good, if you worked hard they would notice you.
Pros
good work ethic
Cons
money
ok
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Blackwood1 February 2018
promised hours but not given many. staff are friendly and super fun though. over staffed most the time so they send half the staff home an hour into there shift which is good if you want to go but that was never the case, management threaten to clock everyone out if no one volunteers to go home.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough hours, poor pay, poor shift managers
Awful management.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Wales1 February 2018
When i started here in march 2017 i absolutely loved it, the store manager was fantastic and hours were readily available. He was let go 6 months ago and only now are we getting a final replacement for him. The management in this place is absolutely dire, on top of that they okay staff holidays then refuse to pay them the money they are owed. There is no appreciation for the staff in this place and there is a total lack of communication between staff and management. They expect you to screw your car into the ground for a measly pound a delivery which barely covers the cost of fuel let alone the tyres and breaks and general wear and tear on the car. Also don't bother using a nice tidy car for this as you'll end up racking the mileage up, I've done nearly 10,000 miles in 4 months. Avoid working for these money grabbers at all costs.
Pros
Occasional free food, great place to make friends.
Cons
Rubbish pay, rubbish management, just a number to management.
Good staff environment
KP/Waiter/Fast food in-house/pizza maker (Former Employee) –  Westhill31 January 2018
Decent ethos and enthusiastic staff. Adequate hygiene and good management. Staff breaks are well considered and customer service is of excellent standard.
Pros
Free food
Cons
A few communication difficulties with non english speaking staff.
productive and fun workplace
Delivery Driver (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale31 January 2018
my manager provided me with very good and effective training which allowed me to instantly become confident in my roles and responsibilities within the branch. over all a very good place to work
Pros
50% employees discount
Cons
slightly stressful during peak hours
Stay away
General Manager (Former Employee) –  North East31 January 2018
Depends on the franchise owner.

like my franchise owner who was more interested in partying and promoting only those who went drinking with him - hence I left
Pros
non to be honest.
Cons
Hours - Wage - Franchise -
Lack of planning in the workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands31 January 2018
On a zero hours contract I found myself as a delivery driver getting very frustrated with the demands of the management team. Rota would be posted on a weekly basis (usually Saturday/Sunday) yet I was told that if I wanted to book a weekend off that I was to give 2 MONTHS notice. Besides the fact that this is ridiculous for a zero hours contract who is not contracted, this is also unrealistic in my view. This is the main issue for me and I am unsure as to the running of Dominos in other areas but this is something that needs to be changed. It is unacceptable. To avoid this I would suggest doing the rota further in advance as opposed to weekly, and also implementing additional members of staff to cope with the massive rush we have over the weekend.
bad paying no sick pay not holiday pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester30 January 2018
very bad management and bad area manager they force staff to sale and use expire food to customer and never care about customer . they are just think about make money . very disappointed every time they paying less your wage .
Dull work but great people
Instore Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lincoln30 January 2018
The work can be difficult at times especially during the rush and when your first starting at the Job .
Your co workers can really make or break your experience here.
Usually short shifts especially as an in-store but can be longer days shifts .
Management in my experience usually okay but has been faults .
Good flexibility for hours and good at taking into consideration any prior commitments .
Hours unpredictable could be anywhere from 10-30 hours
Pros
Free Pizza, Good co workers, Ability to progress, easy work
Cons
Unpredictable hours, repetitive work
Easy part-time or gap job that will always be there, but.......and there is quite a big but....
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes30 January 2018
Well, how can I start :
Did start working for Dominos as a part time job and went full time after a few months. That was a few years ago when I didn't knew how the company operates.
Who are you working for is a franchise who doesn't care about any of their employees ....for example:
* they hire all the idiots in the world and want the older guys to compensate for them by working harder.
* they money they pay for fuel don't cover real wear and tear unless you have a ford ka.
* they don't pay the right amount of tax to HMRC by declaring your income less (different records on p45 from them as HMRC not only for me).
* the holiday policy is ridiculos with days left cancelled at the end of the year with no pay and without any posibility of taking them (you might apply in october but be told all year is booked, or you can book and get cancelled without notice).
* different favoritism culture with asian staff due to asian managers not only in the shop I worked in.
* hours worked my be missing often from your payslip, witch was a regular thing latelly with more than half the staff , as you have no access to your working time and this can be adjusted by any manager at any given time.
* expected to have your car clean and road-worthy but tolerating other ones that looked like they carried pigs as a regular job.
Pros
Free or half price food, had a few nice guys working there, tips (but way less than the managers think you are doing----maybe around 3£/day), some quiet times with nothing to do.
Cons
Antisocial hours payed with the minimum wage, third world country working culture, messing with your working hours and holidays, 0 hours contract even for full time staff.
Great environment
Kitchen staff alongside Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire29 January 2018
The management was very helpful when learning the codes for the pizza, Progressed highly in dominos and quickly with a steady pace. Food was prepared beautifully and with care which I have much passion for.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Zero hour contract.
easy and fun
Telephonist (Former Employee) –  Croydon29 January 2018
typical day involved picking up between 50-200 orders over the phone, manually putting in all the customer details on a screen and providing times for how orders should take. Also dealt with customer complaints and gave them the best possible solution to the problem ensuring that the customer was being the best possible service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K