Domino's Employee Reviews

Found 2,219 reviews matching the search See all 17,984 reviews
Nice staff bu rubbish management
CSR (Former Employee) –  Greenwich19 January 2019
It was my first job so I didn't know what to expect. First off, the staff were very friendly and helpful although the training was rubbish. It was rushed and I was already forced to take calls on my first shift in which I was very uncomfortable with and I got customers angry. The management was very unorganised and impatient. The pay rate was quite bad as a 16-year-old I was paid £4.20 even though the job description said £5.90 ( oh well!). I ended up quitting because mixing college with work was a lot of stress for me and another reason was that the managers ( particularly one) that were very rude and put me off working there, I felt overworked and I wasn't getting paid a lot and a zero hour contracts is really bad because you could be working one day for 1 or 2 hours sometimes
Pros
Free Pizza, nice Staff
Cons
Poor management, Zero hour contract, Favoritism
Low wage
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire2 January 2019
I've been working as a delivery driver with dominos for about half a year, I enjoy working for the company, however Domino's wages are just minimum. They advertise up to £12 a hour but you'll never make that, they give you petrol money at the end of each night which barley covers your fuel, other than that it is minimum wage. I enjoy the employees I work with but has such a high staff turnover and you can guess why. Although shop managers are paid a stupidly high wage. Considering the hours are unsociable and generally limited they should be giving staff above minimum wage or at least give in-stores and drivers a target to hit to get a bonus each month. My review was mostly about the wage but it's what I feel strongly about, I enjoy working with the company so I'm hoping they're going to listen to their staff.
Pros
Driving, 50% discount, colleges
Cons
Salary, unsociable hours, undervalued, not enough hours, closing shop.
Fun to work there
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  sherbourne11 October 2018
As I have accounting experience in back home , wish to advance or improve my skills in related field. As of now Am working in a pizza store just to earn money. Of course I have learnt how to work with multi cultural employees . It doesn't help me in advancement of my career.
Pros
Discounts on food for employees.
Don't work for them
Domino's pizza (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire17 December 2018
When I first started working for Domino's it was fun the was understanding than as time went on they started treating me like a mug they pressure you into doing something you don't want to do, they expect you learn everything is a couple of shifts the management is awful they lie to your face than turn it back on you making out your the liar. The people that work for the company are fun and outgoing you get the odd one that's not very nice but you get that everywhere, I wouldn't recommend working for the company. You used to get free food but not anymore they stopped that and also stopped staff discount on almost everything. I worked a few shifts in the summer about 9.5 hours and got no break no food wasn't aloud to go outside wasn't even a loud to buy a drink. The wage isn't great worked every week 16 hours at the end of the month I was taking home around £300 I would book holiday they wouldn't pay me or would forgot I booked holiday.
Cons
Good if looking for something flexible and part time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire3 December 2018
Get clocked in only if the store is busy and finished when its not .
Minimum wage where u are expected to work like a robot without any breaks.
Management dont take training seriously and expect that the staff trains new people without any proper guidance,Have to beg to give toppings instructions.There is a lot of favourism to who do full time even if they are wrong and new comers are always insulted and hardly appreciated.Drivers have to drop staff home and are not paid mileage for it,and if u ask for it they make u feel as if ur cheap.They might even request u to drop a delivery on ur way home where they wont clock u in and expect u do it for free since u are going home anyway.The mileage itself is very less as well and the 20 pence that they charge for insurance doesnt cover breakdown.There is also no free drinking water in some stores but staff discount is given which is also based on favourism.
Pros
Friendly staff if u are social and interactive
Cons
Not good pay, poor management, expect to do favours
Worst. Management. Ever.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Taunton15 December 2018
I felt bullied by the management while working in the Taunton stores a while ago, they seem to think it's acceptable to shout and barge their way through the stores, bad mouthing anyone they don't like while they sit in the office all shift doing nothing, other than occasionally making themselves a pizza, which staff aren't allowed.

Terrible hours, minimal training, zero respect, Breaks aren't in their vocabulary, and some of the most unprofessional behaviour I have ever had the misfortune to witness. The management were all sleeping with/had slept each other, which probably goes some way to explain how any of the incompetent morons got their jobs in the first place.
Pretty good additional job
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset21 January 2019
Not much to say, job is alright. High workplace culture, easy and fun. Good management, not many responsibilities, contact with customers, some tips and free food over shift.
Pros
Easy and fun job
Cons
Late shifts, not enough hours
All about £
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South West22 August 2018
All they care about is £.
No benefits, no work life balance with long hours expected, poor higher management, will take money out your wages without any explanation.
Pros
Great team
Cons
So so many.
Easy Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Walkden, Greater Manchester9 August 2018
The role itself was enjoyable at first but got too easy and repetitive. Can be flexible hours but half the time it doesn't work out that way. Management isn't very good, knowing how to do your job but senior staff does will get involved and create too much of a hindrance. I'd say It's okay short term but you do get taken advantage of as time passes.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Unexpected long hours
Shift Manager
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire8 November 2018
As a shift manager working in the Domino's Cannock store i have managed to progress myself up the management ladder in the last three years. The job has many benefits and also a few downsides.
Pros
Great introduction into a busy working environment
Cons
Long, un-sociable hours

Want to know more about Domino's?

Ask a question
Best seen as a stop gap job
driver (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex3 October 2018
Dominos is best seen as a stop gap job - a way of making some money but not generally a long term career. I worked there for ten years and literally saw hundreds of drivers, instores and managers start and leave. They cant keep staff which is why they are always advertising. The wage is minimum pay and the hours extremely unsociable. Requests for days off were frequently refused as there were not enough drivers and in our store anyway you weren't allowed paid holiday the first two weeks of any month! At Christmas you had to work three out of Christmas eve, Boxing day, New years eve and New years day. You also get paid 90p a delivery but this hardly covers petrol when some of the deliveries were about a 5 mile round trip. The job is very hard on your car - my clutch was always going. Most enjoyable part of the job was the friends I made
Pros
half price pizzas
Cons
hours unsociable and unpredictable - manager changed mine every week..
Friendly environment
Development Manager-supervisor for the outlets (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex23 July 2018
Bad Management, but friendly co-workers. management does not help me for my carrier improve. its really bad business politics going inside management level.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Too long hours
Fun work place, but lack's management!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Swadlincote, Derbyshire19 September 2018
My time at Domino's was a blast, the friend's you make at work become like family and I am happy I met everyone there. A typical day at work is full of amusing introductions to customers and nice conversations with the regulars about their days and the best deals.

It's funny and enjoyable until it comes to booking time off work. This is when things become difficult. Managers like leaving whenever they like. If someone needs to leave early or needs a day off work last minute, they aren't very understanding and refuse to see the desperation in some people needing the flexibility. There are obvious favorites and obvious tension between certain staff too. The part timers are under appreciated and are expected to do too much.
Pros
Free food on close, 50% discount, flexibility.
Cons
not enough hours offered, negative attitudes, lack of respect, lack of management.
Very intense in terms of work overload, especially in the kitchen and busy times. Managemant should be better.
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Epsom20 May 2018
Learned a lot as it physically and mentally challenged me a lot.
Poor Management because almost all the time, supervisors wouldn't play they're role properly which made the shifts harder to deal with. They'd expect you to deal with a lot to do by yourself which isn't how a kitchen role should be. Almost as if everything would fall apart at times. At times the manager's would forget to clock you in even though you'd remind them before starting your shift and that can mess up your whole salary as you'd have to discuss it at the end of the month, which shouldn't be an issue if if was managed properly. Causing the monthly Pay to be inaccurate.
Cons
No fixed lunches, no free lunches, as a worker you'd get discount only. (there would be free food if costumers made a cancellation)
Productive and positive environment.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Giffnock, East Renfrewshire27 October 2018
Fun place to work, flexible hours, training is enjoyable, there is always a chance to progress, good experience in working under pressure and in very busy situations, meet so many different people, the workplace itself is always very positive; there are good relationships throughout the whole shop between the management team, the instores and the drivers. Difficult to get hours if not closing or dayshift, finishing times are only a guideline so if the shop is busy you could be kept later than expected.
Pros
Paid break, Opportunities to get hours, Paid holidays.
Cons
Finishing times, Hours hard to come by if not closing/dayshift.
Fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Witham, Essex23 October 2018
Domino's was a fantastic place to work when looking for part time work alongside college. It offered great pay and benefits whilst allowing for flexible working hours
Pros
Pay and flexibility
Cons
Management not very understanding
productive
Chef/Cook (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire4 January 2019
I helped in preparation of pizza orders , taking orders and till work. I learnt many skills , such as communication with customers, sorting and handling complaints and time management.
Pros
free lunches
Fun place to work
pizza delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Shefford25 June 2018
Fun place to work with good workforce and friendly environment makes you feel at home and makes you want to work hard all the time. I have learned to be observant while on duty and helping others out. Good management. Good culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people.
Fun workplace but long hours
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol10 May 2018
Day Starts at 10 am and goes on untill 9 pm.
learned a lot about people skills and hardware and software tchnologies at dominos pizza.
Management is good and great to work with.
workplace culture is great as eveyone tries to work as a team and not as individual.
the hardest part is the finishing time of the job as you cant leave busy periods in the evening as if anything happens you need to be there.
free lunch.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Hard at first, but easy once you know how to do it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longfield20 October 2018
There will always be rude customers, especially when you're dealing with them down the phone. But this job really gives you the opportunity to work on your patience and build up a tolerance to what's right and wrong. The good thing about Domino's is the work is easy when you get it. It may be hard at first, but the tills are easy to master and so is kitchen after a few days. Another good thing is that if a customer is being abusive towards you down the phone, company policy is to just hang up on them and potentially block their number!
Pros
Easy work, flexible shifts.
Cons
Management sometimes poor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K