Domino's Employee Reviews for Team Member

Disorganised
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glasgow16 May 2018
Didn't get paid the first 2 months and no one showed any urgency to fix problems so I left. Working with very young immature boys who threw offensive language about and wound up most other staff. Little managerial support given.
Lack of hours.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire27 April 2018
Expected to complete all training by yourself in a short period of time and wasting your time with a short shift. Was given a piece of paper and told to learn all pizzas and codes etc. Not possible.
Tedious
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent31 March 2018
Standing In the same position for hours without any other work other than picking up phone calls. need more hours as well as they only gave 4 hour weekend shift. learned how to deal with different types of customers as I always made sure they had a smile on their face.
Cons
Litttle Hours, No free lunch, No breaks
Hard work, low pay
Instore Team Member (Current Employee) –  London28 March 2018
I really enjoy working with customers, but the company expects me to work till the perfection, every minute we have to clean, prep food, make pizzas, be nice to rude customers, take complains, sanitize the workplace, cut pizzas and etc. but they don't want to raise the hourly rate. I have been working there for nearly 2 years, but i still get 7.5 per hour.
Pros
Free food, nice staff
Cons
Late hours, minimum payrate
Fun & Friendly Atmosphere
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Llanelli11 March 2018
All the staff are extremely friendly and helpful when it comes to training you instore. I felt at ease almost immediately and the interview process was pretty simple. Good place to work especially for young people seeking a bit of spending money.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Shortage of hours
Fun but poor management
team member in Dominoes Bayswater (Former Employee) –  Bayswater28 February 2018
Management is horrible but the working environment is fun no hours are guaranteed you have to pay for your own lunch and the store has mice that they drown in hot water. They also expect drivers to work in other stores owned by the same franchisee and if the driver disagrees he/she risks being sacked
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Terrible management
productive and fun workplace
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham17 February 2018
it was a great working environment and I met great people and expanded on my skills with working with customers and serving people, this gave me more confidence.
Pros
great experience and met great people.
Cons
short hours and hardlys no shifts because of distance
A very friendly , close working environment
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale, Blaenau Gwent16 February 2018
It was a very friendly working environment. I enjoyed my time there but wanted more money. I wasn’t earning enough for the hours I was doing. I would push myself to the limit and try to push my hours up everything to earn a good monthly salary but it wasn’t enough. I feel like dominos pizza wasn’t for me.
Pros
Free pizza for day / close shift
Cons
Day shift would be 10 hours long
Fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London14 February 2018
Its a flexible job. The bours depend on the business (sales) and number of people required for certain days.
It can be very tiring, and tbere is always something to do.
Dull work but great people
Instore Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lincoln30 January 2018
The work can be difficult at times especially during the rush and when your first starting at the Job .
Your co workers can really make or break your experience here.
Usually short shifts especially as an in-store but can be longer days shifts .
Management in my experience usually okay but has been faults .
Good flexibility for hours and good at taking into consideration any prior commitments .
Hours unpredictable could be anywhere from 10-30 hours
Pros
Free Pizza, Good co workers, Ability to progress, easy work
Cons
Unpredictable hours, repetitive work
productive
Team Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne27 January 2018
good place to work for first job learn alot of skills whilst working here i enjoy working because its very flexible around college and the people are really nice to work with
Pros
the people
Cons
working weekends
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dereham, Norfolk25 January 2018
I found at dominos as I wasn’t there for very long I didn’t know the other staff members to well. However, the time that I was working at dominos I found that the work places environment was friendly.
Full of skills.
Instore Team Member (Current Employee) –  Blackburn18 January 2018
You learn lots of new skills and meet some fantastic people. The workplace is a good environment and the atmosphere is great. It can be a very busy day at times and some can be quiet days but overall it is a good working day.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Could do long hours.
Generally nice atmosphere with good co workers excluding managers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Caterham, Surrey3 January 2018
Managers often place blame on individuals and can over work individuals. Favouritism is often shown to individuals. There’s a lack of progression. As often you can be stuck doing one job in the shop without the option to progress in the shop
It’s a great atmosphere to work
Team Member - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Aberystwyth, Ceredigion22 December 2017
It my first job in uk as I’m new to this country. This company and the group is great. It’s is fun environment to work. The team is very friendly and the management also great.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Night shifts
it a decent place to work always keeps you busy
Instore Team Member (Former Employee) –  Durham1 December 2017
domino's is a great place to work it always keeps you busy not a single second just hanging around, its very clean and hygienic. they had to let me go for something that wasn't their fault, i have a surface piercing and can only remove the ball but they still couldn't allow it
Pros
50% of for staff
Cons
too stricked on the piecing rule
Good first job!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne30 November 2017
Working at Domino's is a good FIRST job. It taught me a lot if key skills that would advance me and become better at future jobs. For me, I got the job on a part time basis, and was working from around 12- 20 hours per week. I was 16 and was offered £5.50 as a starting wage which i was very happy with at that aged as I was expecting minimum wage (£4.05). When I first started, it was quite hard but enjoyable. I started on learning how to make the pizzas and how much toppings I should put on etc. Then after a couple of months, I got the grasp of things, I was able to make pizzas quickly and efficiently throughout busy times to help keep the flow steady and I was answering the phones with confidence and taking card and card payments as well. I was really enjoying my job until after a few months when I started finding my job quite easy to do and wouldn't have the motivation like I did when I first started. It wasn't a challenge for me anymore so my interest started to slip and I was starting to make a lot of mistakes but I was forgiven. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply socialising with my colleagues. Mostly everyone there was really nice to me and would talk to me to get me settled in. But, other Domino's shops may not be like this as I had only worked in 1. The hardest part of my job was working weekends. For me, I was only put on weekend shifts. Thursdays - Sundays, 5PM - 9 or 10 PM. I would never have time to socialise with my friends outside of work and this definitely took away my social life as I was not meeting with my friends and only always working. The management  more... was VERY good at my store, everything had a neat structure and everything was time well and organised.

I learned a lot from this job, I learned how to speak to customers with confidence and how to take cash and card payments. I also learned how to work in a very fast paced environment.

Another downfall is that, I had to work on public holidays (Christmas eve and New Years Eve) without extra pay. I was really frustrated when I had been told that I had to work on New Years Eve.

To summarise, this job is a good first job but has a lot more Cons than Pros.
Pros
50% discount and free 7" pizza after everyshift
Cons
Have to work weekends and have to work public holidays without extra pay. Also, you will hardly ever see your friends unless you take a day off on the weekend
Do not work here.
Instore Team Member (Current Employee) –  Polegate27 November 2017
Terrible management and unsociable hours. They abuse your sero hours contract, asking you to work atleast every tuesday, friday, saturday and sunday, then will send you home after an hour if they dont need you. Minimum wage and no respect from management.
Pros
Sometimes free food but not often
Cons
Bad pay, conditions and hours.
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Herne Bay13 November 2017
a typical day at work consisted of working hard making food as well as cleaning and serving customer so you are consistently busy.

I have learned a lot in regards to time keeping.
A great place to be in general.

the hardest part of the job was stock in take.

there was never a moment i did not enjoy.
Pros
team, very busy
Cons
wage, hours
My Time at Dominos
Instore Team Member (Former Employee) –  Haydock9 November 2017
My overall experience with Dominos Pizza was not good but not altogether bad. I found the management staff to be extraordinarily professional but also friendly and personable. Also the atmosphere in the store was one of a cooperative and happy environment. However the work itself I found to be quite stressful at times, coupled with the poor hours and low pay this amounted to a memorable experience in more ways than one.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
long unsociable hours, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K