Domino's Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Found 78 reviews matching the search See all 17,205 reviews
Shift Manager
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire8 November 2018
As a shift manager working in the Domino's Cannock store i have managed to progress myself up the management ladder in the last three years. The job has many benefits and also a few downsides.
Pros
Great introduction into a busy working environment
Cons
Long, un-sociable hours
Avoid as a proper job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Pontyclun8 October 2018
I’ve worked at Dominos for three years, I’ve seen both instore and driver staff come and go because the job can’t keep them. I’ve worked under three different mangers, all of them cliquey and bratty. Expect to be working with a group of teenagers, some of whom can be pleasant and fun to work with, but not as a manager. Under-paid, under-appreciated and over worked. I have worked countless 11 hour shifts with no offer of a break, and no Thankyou at the end. I have never been in a job and felt so used as I have in Dominos.
Pros
Staff discount, free food
Cons
No breaks, cliquey management
Work as a shift manager
FOOD HANDLER AND SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hadleigh, Essex4 September 2018
Some days can be quite stressful, depending on the amount of staff in and how busy we get. However, I have found that all staff members at domino's are very lovely and will always have a chat with you about everything and anything. Management are often very kind and will always treat you respectfully. The hardest part of the job, is learning everything, as Domino's often change their deals and what pizzas they sell, it can be confusing but once you have learnt everything, the job is quite easy. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with lovely people, most of the time you don't even feel like you're at work.
Pros
free lunch, tend to go home early
Cons
long hours, not great wage
Shift Manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  9832 Nicollet Ave. Bloomington, MN 5542016 August 2018
I guess it was just way more than I bargained for...The long hours and horrible night shifts not to mention getting started at only $9.50...You want me to manage your labor, your product, answer phones, make pizza's all while handling in-shop customers!! It would have been okay to do three out off-line 4 of those tasks!! It was just too much and it was time to move on.
Pros
Flexible shifts, free food and okay tips!
Cons
Being forced to work overtime when i couldn't work it! Getting yelled at in-front of customers!
busyist place ever
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  linlithgow30 July 2018
i am really enjoying to work in dominos pizza
start from delivery driver and then work inside dominos
busyist place ever
mostlay on tueasday
lurn many things from dominos
bad management
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire30 July 2018
Dominos basically hires very young people, offer very little training and shove them in at the deep end. All they care about is low labour, so they don't care when you are rushed off your feet with no staff and undelivered products, or mistakes being made. When you ask for help you are basically told to deal with it, they also like to pay men higher wages than female staff who are more trained and worked their longer.
Pros
discount food, easy to move upto manager
Cons
bad manegment
Horrible
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolton22 July 2018
you do not get a great work life balance working at dominos, expect you to work like a dog with no appreciation.

I got sent to different stores all the time so felt like a nomad moving from store to store.

No respect from managers.

They think you are a robot thats all.

They are hard work asking for a pay rise that takes them ages to action.

Its a miracle if they actually let you take a paid week off when you ask them.

Terrible area managers, thats why alot of the staff left.
Pros
you get a break if you dont take it, it still gets deducted from your hours
Cons
nothing
So glad I left
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  hadleigh/rayleigh10 July 2018
its been over 3 years since I left dominos and I genuinely couldn't be happier, that place sucks the life out of all who enter.
Obviously it served its purpose for me, as a student job while at college/uni, but I genuinely don't know how people can spend a lifetime working there.
Pros
they pay you (sometimes)
Cons
poor management, poor discount, over worked, underpaid, soul destroying
Good, but hard
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London18 May 2018
Various shifts, really good atmosphere. Hard to control the labour cost, with the service time. The manager position was really complex.
From the pizza making to the food orders and paper works, you need to do many many things.
Productive. Can be fun and can be stressful.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare19 February 2018
Typical day at work, it's hard to say everyday is quite different.
If it is busy you will be stuck on the makeline making pizza's which sometimes could be all day. When you hit a quiet spot you will use this time to get all the food prep done ready for the rush (17:00-21:00).
When it's not so busy you will still prep for the rush but also make sure the store clean list is getting done for the week. This list has a vast amount of jobs to do on it to make sure the store cleaniness is of a high standard.
What you learned. To start with it took me about two weeks to learn my local area by street names. Some employees have said I am a human sat nav. I learned about dough management which can be tricky to get 100% correct all the time.Also plenty more.
Management. This place has amazing management who are always on hand to support employees and customer queries or concerns.
The hardest part of the job. This is actually an easy question, the hardestpart of this job is keeping the team work flowing, personally I think this is due to lack of employee retention.
The most enjoyable part of the job. Being able to learn about multiple subjects to improve my skills.
Cons
No Job security
Managment career good for money bad for social and family life
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Leigh27 January 2018
In my time at domino's i find it encroaches too much on being able to have family and social time as if you work there even as a driver or instore you will find you'll never have weekends to yourself. If u find yourself not wanting a family or social life and just money then its a job for you.

Also depending on what franchise you get in with , you'll find using all your holidays is like finding a unicorn ... impossible ( i lost out on 2 weeks holiday last year and 1 week the year before .)
Pros
meeting new people
instore staff
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Tolworth16 January 2018
The hardest section in dominos, if you are on the make line you would be doing the most work and getting paid the least, would recommend for a driver, otherwise this job will take over your life for 7.50 an hour
Pros
free pizza
Cons
very intense work place
Brilliant workplace and environment, work hours not so great
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk1 January 2018
The workplace had a great feel always enjoyable and I always enjoyed being at work, the work itself was very easy and low stress. At the end of a shift it was nice to be able to leave and not worry about anything that had happened during it.

The senior management quite often made debatable decisions (in my opinion) in terms of other managers and staff and poorly communicated nationwide deals which lead to incorrect stock and staffing levels
Pros
Free personal pizza after 3 hour shift
Minimum amount of hours
Shift Manager (Permanent) (Former Employee) –  Maidstone7 December 2017
They give min amount of hours, only to cover busy periods... Instore staff do not get any tips, only drivers get min hourly rate, +£1 per delivery to cover fuel expenses +tips
Cons
Good for a second job
Fun place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 November 2017
A very busy environment. The hardest and at the same time most enjoyable part of work is it's fast paced rhythm. I have developed customer service skills and that boosted my confidence in communicating and tailoring customer needs.
Great staff, below average job benefits
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire25 October 2017
I was a manager at the company for over two years and would work between 45-60 hours a week. Never once received any sort of reward for any targets, achievements or inspections i'd done for the company. I only stayed as long as I did because I was lucky that I had a great team of employees around me, to be fair it was quite good that I was given an opportunity to move in to management and I am very grateful, but for the rate of pay and amount of time and effort you put in there it isn't worth it. Also no free lunch, free pizza at end of shifts, it sounds petty but when your at a food workplace for more than 12 hours I feel it may be fair to at least offer some sort of food or beverage when you have so much responsibility and the pay is between £7.50-8.50, if your a driver would be minimum wage. No specific breaks, because there is only two people in during the day it is almost impossible if you are a busy shop like the one I worked in to take a 10-15 minute break without having to then go and make food or serve someone which in theory just means your working for free. If they took more notice of what was said by their management and staff it would do a lot better and people would be more interested in the prospect of moving further in the company and wanting to do better jobs for them.
Pros
Great staff, management opportunities, furthered my skills in a team and independently.
Cons
Long hours, a lot of responsibility for amount of pay you receive, a lot of unrealistic targets
Hard work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter16 October 2017
you need to be able to work hard and fast. managers don't put up with slackers and have very high expectations.

i liked working here. but the long hours just wasn't suitable for my life.
Pros
happy staff
Soul destroying
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Blackpool8 October 2017
probably the most soul destroying year of my life.
management (lack of) have no idea what they're doing half the time.
0 hour contract so you're looking at 3-4 hour shifts on an average.
Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester30 September 2017
Over the year I have worked for different branches and enjoyed my time working for the Domino's company, working for a well organised company with strict rules and high in health and safety guidance
ok company to work for
shift manager (Former Employee) –  govan28 September 2017
I enjoy woking at dominos a typical day at work would be kept nusy, preparing food for customers, telling the staff there roles for the shift. I am a reliable hardworking individual with good communication skills. I am always keen to learn new tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

55K