Domino's Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Productive. Can be fun and can be stressful.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare19 February 2018
Typical day at work, it's hard to say everyday is quite different.
If it is busy you will be stuck on the makeline making pizza's which sometimes could be all day. When you hit a quiet spot you will use this time to get all the food prep done ready for the rush (17:00-21:00).
When it's not so busy you will still prep for the rush but also make sure the store clean list is getting done for the week. This list has a vast amount of jobs to do on it to make sure the store cleaniness is of a high standard.
What you learned. To start with it took me about two weeks to learn my local area by street names. Some employees have said I am a human sat nav. I learned about dough management which can be tricky to get 100% correct all the time.Also plenty more.
Management. This place has amazing management who are always on hand to support employees and customer queries or concerns.
The hardest part of the job. This is actually an easy question, the hardestpart of this job is keeping the team work flowing, personally I think this is due to lack of employee retention.
The most enjoyable part of the job. Being able to learn about multiple subjects to improve my skills.
Cons
No Job security
Managment career good for money bad for social and family life
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Leigh27 January 2018
In my time at domino's i find it encroaches too much on being able to have family and social time as if you work there even as a driver or instore you will find you'll never have weekends to yourself. If u find yourself not wanting a family or social life and just money then its a job for you.

Also depending on what franchise you get in with , you'll find using all your holidays is like finding a unicorn ... impossible ( i lost out on 2 weeks holiday last year and 1 week the year before .)
Pros
meeting new people
instore staff
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Tolworth16 January 2018
The hardest section in dominos, if you are on the make line you would be doing the most work and getting paid the least, would recommend for a driver, otherwise this job will take over your life for 7.50 an hour
Pros
free pizza
Cons
very intense work place
Brilliant workplace and environment, work hours not so great
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk1 January 2018
The workplace had a great feel always enjoyable and I always enjoyed being at work, the work itself was very easy and low stress. At the end of a shift it was nice to be able to leave and not worry about anything that had happened during it.

The senior management quite often made debatable decisions (in my opinion) in terms of other managers and staff and poorly communicated nationwide deals which lead to incorrect stock and staffing levels
Pros
Free personal pizza after 3 hour shift
Minimum amount of hours
Shift Manager (Permanent) (Former Employee) –  Maidstone7 December 2017
They give min amount of hours, only to cover busy periods... Instore staff do not get any tips, only drivers get min hourly rate, +£1 per delivery to cover fuel expenses +tips
Cons
Good for a second job
Fun place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 November 2017
A very busy environment. The hardest and at the same time most enjoyable part of work is it's fast paced rhythm. I have developed customer service skills and that boosted my confidence in communicating and tailoring customer needs.
Great staff, below average job benefits
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire25 October 2017
I was a manager at the company for over two years and would work between 45-60 hours a week. Never once received any sort of reward for any targets, achievements or inspections i'd done for the company. I only stayed as long as I did because I was lucky that I had a great team of employees around me, to be fair it was quite good that I was given an opportunity to move in to management and I am very grateful, but for the rate of pay and amount of time and effort you put in there it isn't worth it. Also no free lunch, free pizza at end of shifts, it sounds petty but when your at a food workplace for more than 12 hours I feel it may be fair to at least offer some sort of food or beverage when you have so much responsibility and the pay is between £7.50-8.50, if your a driver would be minimum wage. No specific breaks, because there is only two people in during the day it is almost impossible if you are a busy shop like the one I worked in to take a 10-15 minute break without having to then go and make food or serve someone which in theory just means your working for free. If they took more notice of what was said by their management and staff it would do a lot better and people would be more interested in the prospect of moving further in the company and wanting to do better jobs for them.
Pros
Great staff, management opportunities, furthered my skills in a team and independently.
Cons
Long hours, a lot of responsibility for amount of pay you receive, a lot of unrealistic targets
Hard work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter16 October 2017
you need to be able to work hard and fast. managers don't put up with slackers and have very high expectations.

i liked working here. but the long hours just wasn't suitable for my life.
Pros
happy staff
Soul destroying
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Blackpool8 October 2017
probably the most soul destroying year of my life.
management (lack of) have no idea what they're doing half the time.
0 hour contract so you're looking at 3-4 hour shifts on an average.
Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester30 September 2017
Over the year I have worked for different branches and enjoyed my time working for the Domino's company, working for a well organised company with strict rules and high in health and safety guidance

Want to know more about Domino's?

Ask a question
ok company to work for
shift manager (Former Employee) –  govan28 September 2017
I enjoy woking at dominos a typical day at work would be kept nusy, preparing food for customers, telling the staff there roles for the shift. I am a reliable hardworking individual with good communication skills. I am always keen to learn new tasks
No work/life balance, underpaid
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Market Deeping, Lincolnshire1 September 2017
Progressed to shift manager through being a driver. Realised quickly that the extra 30p per hour is not worth how much you have to do in comparison.

On a day shift, no uninterrupted break = no decent time to relax and eat. On an evening, no chance to actually be a manager as I'm too busy in the front of house making food to do anything. All about that labour target..

If there is a cash short at the end of your shift, it comes out of your pocket. I repeat. If you are £2.30 down, you pay. If you are £40 down, you pay. Cheers guys?

Extremely hard working for £7.80 an hour. Had better paid jobs for the same amount of work before.

No weekends. No social life. Evenings and weekend dedicated to the job.

Very long hours. Or short hours if you happen to need them. You go home when they're done with you.

On the plus side, I have learned good personnel management skills and can make an awesome pizza for the rest of my life.
Pros
Managing staff
Cons
Replaceable, no social life
Led by children and unprofessional franchisees
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon19 August 2017
I learned a lot working for this company and I had many good shifts. I did also experience a lot of immaturity and lack of professionalism not only from the youngsters in charge of the stores but also from the franchisees.
Don't do it to yourself
Shift Manager/Driver (Former Employee) –  Halstead, Essex13 July 2017
Managers treat you like you're nothing, even when you're nothing but nice to them. Expect you to work when all they do all day is sit in the office on their phones. Many times I asked for certain days for important reasons but everytime the reply is either "we don't have enough drivers" or "that's not my problem", then another employee gets the same day off with no arguments. There's a lot of bias in the store, as in if you do everything you're asked and extra, they'll treat you fine. But if you say no ONCE, they'll act like you've just killed their parents. In summary, DO NOT WORK FOR DOMINO's
Pros
Free food sometimes and meet some cool people if you're lucky
Cons
Everything apart the pros
fun and thrilling
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Swansea City9 July 2017
Working at dominos can be stressful but fun loads of opportunity to progress into senior and junior management positions teaches you new skills and prepares you for a high pressure challenging role in any job
Pros
dominos discount, fast paced enviroment
Cons
can be very long hours
It's an ok place to work.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside24 June 2017
I have been working for Domino's for a year now, since joining I have gained a promotion from in store to shift manager. This may be one of the only real good perks of working for Domino's - they promote from within and give equal oppurtunties to workers. However there are more cons to working for this company, work very long unsociable hours, very hard to make plans in personal life as you never know when you would be finishing work. Hours are a lot better during the winter as there is more custom during winter time than during summer.
Pros
50% off food, meet a diverse bunch of people.
Cons
no guaranteed hours, no breaks, not the best conditions to work in.
managers have no clue how to be managers
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow20 June 2017
terrible place to work
HR manager is also useless as well
area manager has no idea how to be a manager
store managers have no sympathy towards staff
one of the worst places I have worked so far
Rewarding at first
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Ballymena, County Antrim3 May 2017
Learned a lot in terms on management and managing people, however the hours are horrible
Staff can be friendly, however the drivers are very difficult
Pros
Free lunches
Staff
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Aintree, Merseyside26 April 2017
Staff in the stores are great but the head office guys are horrible and treat no one with respect all the hard work you will put in and they don't even thank you for it they just get rid of you after they have had what they need doing
Pros
Cons
Bad company
Its fun, bot not profitable
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradley Stoke, Gloucestershire21 April 2017
Its fun working with nice people, but its not profitable.you cant grow a lot.there are only a couple of positions, most of them as a manager.another minus is that day shifts are paid as much as the night shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K