Domino's Employee Reviews for Driver

Found 121 reviews matching the search See all 17,265 reviews
Poor management, poor place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire14 November 2018
Minimum wage, too many so called managers bickering amongst themselves. If you are after a second job to top up your income or just as a bit of pocket money it is fine. But i would never consider a full time position with this company, most just use it as a filler untill something better comes along so there is a high staff turnover. The management are untrained but their task is remedial (sell pizzas cash up) most have no knowledge of employment laws or requirements. They break company policy on a continual basis to make there stats look good, booking out any order to any driver and marking the delivery as delivered before time leaving the driver to deal with the disgruntled customer. If u need pocket money then its fine, but as a job (cannot call this a career) choice forget it.
Pros
50% off pizza (although u can get this as standard from coupons)
Cons
Poor management, poor pay no real benifits.
Not organised
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bingley, West Yorkshire11 October 2018
Worked here for one weekend. The kitchen staff hand orders to the delivery staff late and push for the delivery staff to be faster when the actual route of this company's issues are that kitchen staff seem to struggle bringing all the bits of the meal together on time. This happened to me on 2 nights, one after the other. Although the customers were friendly, the delivery drivers are at very high risk on the road as they have to speed and break the law to deliver the meal on time and this makes It not worth the pay. When I stated I was going to leave for this reason, I was told if I did not hand a notice in and do my last week I would not be paid even tho I was on a 6 month probationary period and therfore am not subject to a contract for 6 months legally. Neadless to say I didn't go back as the pressure being put on me was ridiculas and making it not worth it as I was either going to end up in an accident or lose my job. I will look elsewhere thanks.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Serious accident risk to drivers and issue is not being assessed properly by management
Best seen as a stop gap job
driver (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex3 October 2018
Dominos is best seen as a stop gap job - a way of making some money but not generally a long term career. I worked there for ten years and literally saw hundreds of drivers, instores and managers start and leave. They cant keep staff which is why they are always advertising. The wage is minimum pay and the hours extremely unsociable. Requests for days off were frequently refused as there were not enough drivers and in our store anyway you weren't allowed paid holiday the first two weeks of any month! At Christmas you had to work three out of Christmas eve, Boxing day, New years eve and New years day. You also get paid 90p a delivery but this hardly covers petrol when some of the deliveries were about a 5 mile round trip. The job is very hard on your car - my clutch was always going. Most enjoyable part of the job was the friends I made
Pros
half price pizzas
Cons
hours unsociable and unpredictable - manager changed mine every week..
Productive and fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  London7 September 2018
Some days can be quite stressful, depending on the amount of staff in and how busy we get .
Friendly atmosphere, opportunity for promotion
The more you give to work the more success and fulfilment you will receive in return.
medium work palce
Driver (Former Employee) –  Blackpool4 September 2018
i learned to drive a moped for this job and the fresh air was good for me i handled cash and used customer service on a daily basis. i enjoyed working there.
Do not work for unless you like getting as little as possible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire3 September 2018
Not a good company to work for they’ll try and get as much as they can out of you for as little as possible and will pay as little as possible so the bosses can have a bonus at christmas
If you want a job apply here
Driver (Current Employee) –  Birkenhead31 August 2018
Working at Domino's, your day can range from 3 hours to 15 hours a day with out a break, and the redeeming qualities of the job is some of the people. However to find any life out of work is close to nothing.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
not a fixed hours
A mixed bunch
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nantwich, Cheshire30 August 2018
In my time at dominos I found the store very divided, the management would put up with constant complaints from pathetic members of staff who only cared about themselves and expected managers to work around there hours, most staff are ok now and the lazy ones have finally gone, managements always been good if your good to them, the shops a busy environment and if your up to it then it’s a great challenge, don’t listen to other reviews like I said the lazy moaners have almost all gone,
Pros
Great support network and progression
Cons
Moaning from other staff members who expect a silver spoon
Easy
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff20 August 2018
Easy work, with variable hours, perfect next to university. Opporunity to have late afternoon, and nigh shift, and long holidays which are perfect for exam periods.
Driving is pretty chill, good people
Driver (Current Employee) –  Glenrothes, Fife27 July 2018
The people made the job but i was in a smaller store, the larger ones sound pretty rough to work in.
You are paid by the hour but you do have to work for it. There is no sitting in your car till someone orders. You will spend a LOT of your down time building boxes
Fun at times.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Great Dunmow, Essex4 July 2018
I enjoyed my job at Dominos, working for two stores over a five year period. It offered me the opportunity to develop confidence and feel valued in a work place. However, after the franchise was taken over, it wasn’t long before a few problems started to emerge.
It became increasingly clear that being on a dayshift meant that I was expected to work over an extended period during which I did not get enough time to have adequate rest or anything properly to eat. I soon noticed that this regularly put me in a situation where my concentration was compromised and I had to continue driving in a way that jeopardised the safety of myself and other road users.
Before long there were cuts on the remuneration for using my own vehicle for work and it came to my attention that there was a discrepancy in pay and responsibilities between the drivers, to the detriment of some.
After considering the running and reparation costs of a car I used predominantly for work, I decided that it was financially illogical for me to continue.
Pros
An enjoyable job at times.
Cons
Unscrupulous employer
Great Place To Work!
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Port Talbot28 June 2018
The only downside to working as a driver for dominos would be the base salary is minimum wage, but it is to be expected.

All the staff are great, supportive, and our store manager, who is also the area manager, is awesome! He really couldn't do anymore to help his staff and make us all feel like part of our sore family.

Benefits are a little lack lustre, but the renumeration each night from your deliveries/tips/fuel is very good, most days bringing home more than your daily salary.

Working hours are super flexible, however this is not a job for those needing guaranteed hours as drivers and in-store staff will start getting sent home as the orders start dwindling, though from personal experience you'd have a fight on who goes home first most nights, so staying till close usually isn't an issue if you needed the extra hours.

Getting cover and asking for more hours, again, from personal experience, is super easy.

Definitely a job I'd recommend to anyone that doesn't have to have 30-40+ hours guaranteed.
Pros
Store Environment, Working Flexibility
Cons
No Guaranteed Hours
fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cannock22 May 2018
fun times with all the staff, management were very accommodating to everyones need, the best of it all was you got fifty percent of all pizza and some times got free ones
Poor
Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  Palmers Green20 May 2018
When i started as a delivery driver, the managers didnt give me the correct uniform - trousers were 2 sizes too large for me, they didn't give me gloves (i had to buy my own ones) and the jacket was old, ripped up, and not waterproof.
They also pay the minimum which was 6.90 a hour, whereas on advertisements they claim to pay 7.75 an hour.
Managers make you do more than your job description tells you.
The store is filthy and managers expect you to clean it every day without extra pay.
Management is very relaxed and make it seem as if they don't really care about what you do.
Sometimes you have to ask more than once or twice for them to make you food which is inclusive.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, filthy, unorganised, no correct uniform, half of the motorbikes dont work properly.
Is ok but top managers don’t appreciate the harder workers at bottom
Head driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 May 2018
7 years with this company (head driver and head of customer services ) and the work I enjoyed very much getting to know regular customers also worked well with me having a family as I didn’t have to find childcare with me working from 6pm. If you want to earn good you need to try and do full time on a day or evenings till closing . The biggest down side was after all those years I started to get bullied and harrasssed and the HR woman was absolutely useless no help at all and area managers clearly couldn’t do anything. And other staff had same issues in other stores and franchises . So if u get bullied Then you have to handle it yourself . But over all It’s a good little job
Pros
Getting to meet all kinds of people
Cons
Lack of support from management
Not the worst but defo not the best
Driver (Former Employee) –  Crowborough, East Sussex23 April 2018
Quite a boring job, as a driver if no drops, the pizza box making, mangers sat on their bums all day, not approachable if u had issues, salary isn’t worth travelling,
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long shifts and working 6 days for next to nothing
Rather be on the dole
Driver (Former Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire12 April 2018
Paid minimum wage for using my own vehicle not fully reimbursed for the costs of that. Expected to drive 14 milds for 85p. Management are a joke. Bullying culture. Better off on benefits.
Pros
Non
Cons
Having to use my wages to fund the company's delivery costs.
nice place to work at
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ballyclare27 March 2018
I loved the period working with Dominos. They were professional and I did my best to be the same. Nice working environment and good friendly people all together.
Absolute joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gorseinon18 March 2018
Typical day is wrecking your car due to the high milage you are putting on your OWN car and given a whole pound per delivery which is approximately 10 miles per trip (eg Killay, Pontardulais), blue eyed boys get all the local deliveries and the hours to produce anything near a living wage. If your car breaks down YOU PAY FOR IT out of your own money so your little wage gets smaller and smaller.
Management. Another absolute joke, they speak to you like dirt and if you don't like it or got a complaint you are told you know where the door is and leave. All they are interested in is PROFIT. PROFIT. PROFIT.
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
They not interested in you all they see in their staff is how much they can squeeze out of you and
Fun Workplace
Driver and Instore Team Member (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset1 March 2018
The staff and management Dominos are amazing and make work worth it. It can be a rewarding job but can be busy and you are on your feet a lot. You can earn bonuses over Christmas.
Pros
50% off Pizza
Cons
Busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

55K