Domino's Employee Reviews for Driver

Found 112 reviews matching the search See all 16,133 reviews
Fun at times.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Great Dunmow, Essex4 July 2018
I enjoyed my job at Dominos, working for two stores over a five year period. It offered me the opportunity to develop confidence and feel valued in a work place. However, after the franchise was taken over, it wasn’t long before a few problems started to emerge.
It became increasingly clear that being on a dayshift meant that I was expected to work over an extended period during which I did not get enough time to have adequate rest or anything properly to eat. I soon noticed that this regularly put me in a situation where my concentration was compromised and I had to continue driving in a way that jeopardised the safety of myself and other road users.
Before long there were cuts on the remuneration for using my own vehicle for work and it came to my attention that there was a discrepancy in pay and responsibilities between the drivers, to the detriment of some.
After considering the running and reparation costs of a car I used predominantly for work, I decided that it was financially illogical for me to continue.
Pros
An enjoyable job at times.
Cons
Unscrupulous employer
Great Place To Work!
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Port Talbot28 June 2018
The only downside to working as a driver for dominos would be the base salary is minimum wage, but it is to be expected.

All the staff are great, supportive, and our store manager, who is also the area manager, is awesome! He really couldn't do anymore to help his staff and make us all feel like part of our sore family.

Benefits are a little lack lustre, but the renumeration each night from your deliveries/tips/fuel is very good, most days bringing home more than your daily salary.

Working hours are super flexible, however this is not a job for those needing guaranteed hours as drivers and in-store staff will start getting sent home as the orders start dwindling, though from personal experience you'd have a fight on who goes home first most nights, so staying till close usually isn't an issue if you needed the extra hours.

Getting cover and asking for more hours, again, from personal experience, is super easy.

Definitely a job I'd recommend to anyone that doesn't have to have 30-40+ hours guaranteed.
Pros
Store Environment, Working Flexibility
Cons
No Guaranteed Hours
fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cannock22 May 2018
fun times with all the staff, management were very accommodating to everyones need, the best of it all was you got fifty percent of all pizza and some times got free ones
Poor
Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  Palmers Green20 May 2018
When i started as a delivery driver, the managers didnt give me the correct uniform - trousers were 2 sizes too large for me, they didn't give me gloves (i had to buy my own ones) and the jacket was old, ripped up, and not waterproof.
They also pay the minimum which was 6.90 a hour, whereas on advertisements they claim to pay 7.75 an hour.
Managers make you do more than your job description tells you.
The store is filthy and managers expect you to clean it every day without extra pay.
Management is very relaxed and make it seem as if they don't really care about what you do.
Sometimes you have to ask more than once or twice for them to make you food which is inclusive.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, filthy, unorganised, no correct uniform, half of the motorbikes dont work properly.
Is ok but top managers don’t appreciate the harder workers at bottom
Head driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 May 2018
7 years with this company (head driver and head of customer services ) and the work I enjoyed very much getting to know regular customers also worked well with me having a family as I didn’t have to find childcare with me working from 6pm. If you want to earn good you need to try and do full time on a day or evenings till closing . The biggest down side was after all those years I started to get bullied and harrasssed and the HR woman was absolutely useless no help at all and area managers clearly couldn’t do anything. And other staff had same issues in other stores and franchises . So if u get bullied Then you have to handle it yourself . But over all It’s a good little job
Pros
Getting to meet all kinds of people
Cons
Lack of support from management
Not the worst but defo not the best
Driver (Former Employee) –  Crowborough, East Sussex23 April 2018
Quite a boring job, as a driver if no drops, the pizza box making, mangers sat on their bums all day, not approachable if u had issues, salary isn’t worth travelling,
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long shifts and working 6 days for next to nothing
Rather be on the dole
Driver (Former Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire12 April 2018
Paid minimum wage for using my own vehicle not fully reimbursed for the costs of that. Expected to drive 14 milds for 85p. Management are a joke. Bullying culture. Better off on benefits.
Pros
Non
Cons
Having to use my wages to fund the company's delivery costs.
nice place to work at
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ballyclare27 March 2018
I loved the period working with Dominos. They were professional and I did my best to be the same. Nice working environment and good friendly people all together.
Absolute joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gorseinon18 March 2018
Typical day is wrecking your car due to the high milage you are putting on your OWN car and given a whole pound per delivery which is approximately 10 miles per trip (eg Killay, Pontardulais), blue eyed boys get all the local deliveries and the hours to produce anything near a living wage. If your car breaks down YOU PAY FOR IT out of your own money so your little wage gets smaller and smaller.
Management. Another absolute joke, they speak to you like dirt and if you don't like it or got a complaint you are told you know where the door is and leave. All they are interested in is PROFIT. PROFIT. PROFIT.
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
They not interested in you all they see in their staff is how much they can squeeze out of you and
Fun Workplace
Driver and Instore Team Member (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset1 March 2018
The staff and management Dominos are amazing and make work worth it. It can be a rewarding job but can be busy and you are on your feet a lot. You can earn bonuses over Christmas.
Pros
50% off Pizza
Cons
Busy
Not Good Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset16 February 2018
Job advert on Indeed stated payment in cash for mileage driven, not correct you get £1 per delivery or £2 per delivery depending on the distance and as most jobs were £1 despite having to travel 10 miles there and back, I did one shift and spent more on diesel than received back.

Was told I would do an average of 20 deliveries on a busy shift, again this is not correct, worked one busy shift and did only 8 deliveries as there was 11 drivers working and clearly not enough orders to cover all the drivers.
Pros
Training
Cons
Too many to list!
Okay but wouldn’t want to advance
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Sussex6 February 2018
Worked as a driver, nice enough people but as with any big company you’re nothing more that numbers on a screen to them so don’t expect a lot of respect from higher up hence the high staff turnover.
Long hours and expected to stay until late. Feel sorry for the managers as they don’t get a day off and have a lot of pressure put on them and get given zero respect from area manager etc. I worked days so saw a lot of what went on with regards to treatment of employees by people higher up than the managers who worked in store so have zero respect for dominos as a company now. Fun job to do if you’re a student and you get good money as a driver.
Pros
Good tips, friendly colleagues
Cons
Long hours, not respected
Acquired knowledge
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakham2 February 2018
As a professional I like to carry out my work always in the best possible way, and further developed my knowledge of the area around Oakham. I liked what I did, it seemed simple but it had its level of difficulty.
Avoid
Driver (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham25 January 2018
Make you use tracking devices on road

They take tips if not hidden

Forced to handle orders over phone with no training you are expected to learn over time.

Drama in the store is worse than a school playground.

Managers with exception to a few the rest are power tripping trainees with nothing better to do.

You must expect not to finish on time sometimes 3-4 hours after your original time so don't make plans.

Weekend work is without question going to be your life so don't expect to get time off.

Job it's self is easy however the demand in the store causes stress and pressure on staff so expect arguments

Great friends in the store that is probably the only benefit.

Current driver at Stockton-on-Tees store.
Pros
Friends, plenty of hours, discount on food
Cons
Everything else
Easy Job
insider and driver (Former Employee) –  London20 January 2018
I enjoyed working there and the job is too easy. I enjoyed speaking to customers and also making pizza.Work colleagues are friendly but managers could be annoying sometimes.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
bank holidays you don't get paid more
Good place to work in but like a lot of places it can improve.
driver (Former Employee) –  Scotland17 January 2018
delivering pizzas to customers, cash handling, making up pizza boxes, helping prepare foods example portion up wedges and put sauce in to containers. general cleaning of store.

i have learned how the pizza delivery business works but as i have catering experience their is very little to learn. The management initially were ok but over the course of time they have became more target driven with staff expected to do more and more. This has lead to low moral with staff.

Holiday policy is very confusing but all in all the people are really nice and the customers are pleasant (well the one i have met).

delivering pizzas is easy its the amount of cleaning that is physically demanding.

In terms of promotion, they have a leadership program but i do not know anyone internally who has become a manager with pay to go. they seem to be externally recruited.

Pay is £7.50 per hour with good rate for delivery and good tips on a good day. however, everyone is a zero hour contract which means you may have work one week but not the next. on the plus side Domino's marketing team are good with promotions which keeps the place busy.

nice wee local job but cant see a career in it.
Pros
Easy job, 50% of pizza with occasional free pizza if working late or extra hours
Cons
holiday pay and entitlement confusing and new management not very staff friendly.
fun productive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland16 January 2018
good place to be elastic hours good management good culture good for part time and full time job the most enjoyable part of job was driving of my own car
Okay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire5 January 2018
This job was enjoyable, the people there were great.
Awful that you have to use your own car for deliveries and you only get a measly 75pence per delivery, hardly covers the use of fuel let alone anything onyour personal vehicle, the store struggles to keep staff for this reason.
Pros
The staff and management
Cons
Money
Enjoyable
Driver (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon23 December 2017
I worked at dominos for just under a year.

The driving side of the job is actually quite fun... You get paid to drive around and listen to music. The tips and drop money (£1 per delivery) are quite good. Generally for every £10 I spent on fuel, I'd walk away with about £25... So often would make £250+ profit per month on top of wages (this is tax free too). This is more than enough to cover wear and repairs.

Instore can be very fun... Lots of banter and a good team that actually cares about each other. The store is very busy however... During the rush the phones and carryout don't stop, and the number of orders coming in can be very high. You have no option other than to learn your stuff and learn it fast but everyone including non managers will help and support you.

The company is flexible with hours and can accommodate most requests in terms of hours, annual leave, duties and especially progression. You can really progress quite quickly.

The store manager is a decent guy, who actually mucks in and genuinely cares about his staff. He's good for a laugh but will put his foot down hard when its needed.

I left mainly due to issues regarding my mental health... But I would generally describe it as a positive place to work. It is good as a main job, good as a second job or good even just as a stop gap.

The next paragraph will sound negative... But you will see st the end of it why what I am saying, is a good thing:

There is one individual who cannot live without gossiping, stirring or simply lying. This individual actually falsifies alot of things. This
  more... individual generally tries to belittle and out-do you on everything, From number and severity of medical conditions, how academically superior they are, how their life experiences are better than yours. Also a hypocrate who complains to management about conversations that you have when they are innapropriate too. If there is no drama, this individual will either fabricate or create it, or seek some attention. This individual also deflects to everyone else when in the wrong (I.e yeah but so and so did this etc)

The reason this is a positive is The team here is so good that an individual like this can't really damage the team or colleague cohesion when they would be very destructive elsewhere. The team here has your back, they will look out for you, and they will see through a lot of things that cause problems elsewhere. There are some very good workers there who really know their stuff and are very good at their jobs.

If you're thinking of applying... I would honestly say go for it. Its good fun most of the time, the team is good and you can generally get what you want out of the job. The manager is good and you get to see some of the Hilarities that occur outside the pubs opposite the store at weekends.

Uniform isn't very flattering and you get bored of pizza.
Pros
Lots
Cons
Not many
long days
Driver (Former Employee) –  Taunton23 November 2017
it was ok to work here, but can be demanding some times, the staff were good and fun to work with, the hardest thing about this is the delivering when its busy on the roads..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K