Domino's Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Good workplace environment, long hours!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester17 February 2018
I joined my local dominos team as a second job, to earn some extra money. I was one of the delivery drivers, which is often see as the lower end of the food chair in stores.

Although advertised as “up to £10 a hour” this is not true. You earn minimum wage, and the get £1 for every deliver you do. This should cover the cost of fuel, but only just. You then also get tips, however this isn’t much, maybe £4 a night?

One of the big questions I had when starting was the mileage it puts on my car, and nobody could really answer. I worked at a dominos in a larger town, and on average did about 10 runs a night, each run was roughly 2.5 miles away (and 2.5 back)... so you are looking at approx 50 miles a night.

The rotas are done weekly, and are all over the place in terms of consistency, so it’s difficult to plan anything too far in advance.
Pros
Easy work, can spend all night in your car
Cons
Long hours, heavy mileage on your car
Busy but fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London13 February 2018
It can be very busy at times but i call that fun because im constantly doing something so there is no time to waste.
I have learnt to be quick and fast whilst working but also to be coordinate with everything and professionally stable in time keeping.
Everyone gets along with everyone and we had people from different countries and cultures working together as a team.
I'd say the hardest part of the job was closing up because you have to clean up, count up money, clock out, park all the bikes up and lock them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have completed all the up to date or time tasks.
Fun
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Faversham12 February 2018
There's always something going on. Always something to do.
As the driver you have other responsibilities, like cleaning the store, making the boxes etc
Fun work place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset9 February 2018
Poor external management, fun place to work just no back up from area managers, delivery driver your on your own which will suit a lot off people and it fairly easy todo
Pros
Half price pizzas
Cons
Poor pay and hours
Good evening/part time job
Domino's Pizza Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent6 February 2018
It's quite flexible on when you work, so its a great 2nd workplace as the work doesn't require any special skills or qualifications. Applying is as easy as popping into the shop and getting the application form.
Fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness5 February 2018
Overall I quite enjoyed this job as a delivery driver. I enjoyed being in my car most of the night as I got to listen to music and be by myself. In store wasn't as much fun as it got quite hectic.
Awful management.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Wales1 February 2018
When i started here in march 2017 i absolutely loved it, the store manager was fantastic and hours were readily available. He was let go 6 months ago and only now are we getting a final replacement for him. The management in this place is absolutely dire, on top of that they okay staff holidays then refuse to pay them the money they are owed. There is no appreciation for the staff in this place and there is a total lack of communication between staff and management. They expect you to screw your car into the ground for a measly pound a delivery which barely covers the cost of fuel let alone the tyres and breaks and general wear and tear on the car. Also don't bother using a nice tidy car for this as you'll end up racking the mileage up, I've done nearly 10,000 miles in 4 months. Avoid working for these money grabbers at all costs.
Pros
Occasional free food, great place to make friends.
Cons
Rubbish pay, rubbish management, just a number to management.
productive and fun workplace
Delivery Driver (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale31 January 2018
my manager provided me with very good and effective training which allowed me to instantly become confident in my roles and responsibilities within the branch. over all a very good place to work
Pros
50% employees discount
Cons
slightly stressful during peak hours
Lack of planning in the workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands31 January 2018
On a zero hours contract I found myself as a delivery driver getting very frustrated with the demands of the management team. Rota would be posted on a weekly basis (usually Saturday/Sunday) yet I was told that if I wanted to book a weekend off that I was to give 2 MONTHS notice. Besides the fact that this is ridiculous for a zero hours contract who is not contracted, this is also unrealistic in my view. This is the main issue for me and I am unsure as to the running of Dominos in other areas but this is something that needs to be changed. It is unacceptable. To avoid this I would suggest doing the rota further in advance as opposed to weekly, and also implementing additional members of staff to cope with the massive rush we have over the weekend.
bad paying no sick pay not holiday pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester30 January 2018
very bad management and bad area manager they force staff to sale and use expire food to customer and never care about customer . they are just think about make money . very disappointed every time they paying less your wage .
Easy part-time or gap job that will always be there, but.......and there is quite a big but....
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes30 January 2018
Well, how can I start :
Did start working for Dominos as a part time job and went full time after a few months. That was a few years ago when I didn't knew how the company operates.
Who are you working for is a franchise who doesn't care about any of their employees ....for example:
* they hire all the idiots in the world and want the older guys to compensate for them by working harder.
* they money they pay for fuel don't cover real wear and tear unless you have a ford ka.
* they don't pay the right amount of tax to HMRC by declaring your income less (different records on p45 from them as HMRC not only for me).
* the holiday policy is ridiculos with days left cancelled at the end of the year with no pay and without any posibility of taking them (you might apply in october but be told all year is booked, or you can book and get cancelled without notice).
* different favoritism culture with asian staff due to asian managers not only in the shop I worked in.
* hours worked my be missing often from your payslip, witch was a regular thing latelly with more than half the staff , as you have no access to your working time and this can be adjusted by any manager at any given time.
* expected to have your car clean and road-worthy but tolerating other ones that looked like they carried pigs as a regular job.
Pros
Free or half price food, had a few nice guys working there, tips (but way less than the managers think you are doing----maybe around 3£/day), some quiet times with nothing to do.
Cons
Antisocial hours payed with the minimum wage, third world country working culture, messing with your working hours and holidays, 0 hours contract even for full time staff.
Good place to work if only need a part time job
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Rhyl, Denbighshire28 January 2018
I love working here as it's a fun and freindly work place we're treated like family, the hours are good, management are very hard working and approachable for what ever we need to talk about, always willing to put us on courses to train us up to higher levels, down fall is I can't get as many hours here as I would like
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
Terrible
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Antrim, County Antrim27 January 2018
Working as a delivery driver for Domino's is a thankless job, with very little reward.

The wages were below minimum wage because you were 'self employed' but with none of the benefits of being self employed! You couldn't control your working hours. They claimed that with the delivery payments you got more than min wages, but a) that only really worked on busy nights and b) it didn't count for the petrol, wear/tear on your car etc.

If you were sick you were expected to find your own cover, or come in (often people working around the food who were coughing, sneezing etc), no holiday pay or sick pay and when I asked for holiday I was told 'we'll have to see' - I took it anyway, because I was 'self employed' and they couldn't stop me and they couldn't afford to fire me because they couldn't keep people in the job long anyway.

My store manager was okay, but when they left the temp replacement we had was shocking, spoke to staff like they were less than nothing, even in front of customers!

The only 'benefit' was free pizza if you were on an early or a late. If you had the unfortunate luck to start at any time other than opening time, or finish earlier than closing, even if it was a long shift, you didn't get anything. Oh and a discount that was supposed to be 50% but never actually was the rest of the time...

The other staff were all a good bunch, for the most part, but even so it isn't a job I would willingly walk back into.
Pros
free pizza sometimes
Cons
long hours, terrible management, no work/life balance, low wages
it is a nice place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Larne, County Antrim23 January 2018
As a delivery driver it was my job to clean up the shop ,do the dishes ,built Pizza boxes and of course deliver the products to the customer :-) :-) :-)
Easy Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Merseyside23 January 2018
Delivering for dominos is an easy job but not something i would like to make a career of, the problem is that managers across the board are all young lads with out families so they dont realise for us with families that its a hard job to do when you have commitments.
Pros
easy work
Cons
not having a laugh
Productive and fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  London14 January 2018
My work hours are usually in evening time till 11 or 12 pm. I enjoy my job dealing with team members and customers, offering an efficient customer-oriented service. I learned to find addresses easily, to use company software, to communicate clearly end respectively with customers.
Flexible working
Dominos Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Colchester13 January 2018
Used my own car- not a great idea if you do this if it’s a big car , you ideally need a 1.1 engine to be if it from the £1 per job (delivery) the basic rate of pay is low £7.50 where I see other towns 3 or 4 doing the same job for £10 an hour !!!! So colchester dominoes not the best.
Pros
Flexible working, take home money daily, free pizza easy job potential for good bonuses.
Cons
People pay online so tips are lower now, use your own car
Delivery Driver,Aalvastan Derby
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Alvaston10 January 2018
Rubbish company...Uneducated managers
Unsafe Environment
Pack of Discrimination
Poor Mngmt..
Lot's of worker exploitation
Rubbish behaviour
Don't follow health & safety Guidelines...
Pros
Cons
No Health and safety
Easy working environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Belfast10 January 2018
Easy to work in, would roughly do around 4 delivery’s an hour. Long shifts are hard because you drive a lot and you do get tired but the shifts are spread out evenly.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Tired of driving
Funny place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 January 2018
Work schedule was really busy every day change shift and working hours then. Has to be flexible for this company. Good team members around. Quality food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K