Domino's Employee Reviews in Manchester

Fun workplace
Instore Team Member (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 September 2018
Taking orders, preparing pizza, boxing orders
Learned how to take orders and payments in store and over the phone, how to make the pizzas from start to finish and how to put and order together
Fun job in a lively workplace
Sometimes may not get hours wanted, and get shifts a week in advance, can usually work around your schedule, shifts are afternoon - evening
Drivers can give lifts home
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Unpredictable hours
very bad managment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 July 2018
The managers just want bonus they don't care if you are busy and working alone. They send home everybody because they get bonus if have less staff and its busy.
Cons
long hours, poor salary
very fun place to work at
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 July 2018
typical day at work involved flipping doughs and pizzas and choosing the toppings according to what the order is and putting it in the oven. then there should be someone working at the oven taking out the pizzas and putting them into the right boxes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Good atmospheric
Encargado (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 May 2018
Hard job, but i am a strong worker. i collect de experience. That's all!
good place to work
Kitchen assistant, customer service (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 March 2018
it is a busy and good place to work, although i didnt like how they expected me to do things that was not possible, like always telling us be quicker, when you cant. the management is not always good, they did not organize the rota well
Not recommended
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 March 2018
Not recommended. Unfairly treated. This particular location I worked at already had a group of staff that were also friends so I was discriminated against
Hard team work
Pizza Chef (Current Employee) –  Manchester7 March 2018
The Domino's pizza demands the high level flexibility of their worker.I started the job always in different time. Apart of the rota their workers need to be flexible at any time when they are calling.
In this time when I was a team member of the Domino's I learned
how to make and prepare the high quality food
how to do the inventory and take the delivery out.
The managment is good, they can handle the problems of the costumers and their workers.
The hardest part of the job is the long busy-time.
And the most enjoyable part is the staff. They are not only a team, they are a family.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
zero contract
bad paying no sick pay not holiday pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester30 January 2018
very bad management and bad area manager they force staff to sale and use expire food to customer and never care about customer . they are just think about make money . very disappointed every time they paying less your wage .
good working envoirnment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 January 2018
very good place to work as a team and individual.
very busy and challenging place to work.
good team building place and always need to plan a head.
I will recommend if somone like busy place to work
Pros
u can eat pizzaz at lunch
Cons
long hours and late nights
dominos
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 November 2017
no respect for staff all one way traffic, try and sack you if you stick up for your self . always trying to cut down the delivery pay, min wage not enough hours
Delivery driver
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 October 2017
Straightforward job, had to deliver customers food to them promptly and politely. 99% of the time you do this no problem but you do occasionally forget something.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 October 2017
During my experience at Domino's, my typical day at work would be very busy but very good as i learn't how to be confident when serving customers over the telephone and in store,
Working at Domino's was very fun and a job i did enjoy having.
When i worked at Domino's my main job was working at the front serving customers and helping new employees.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
working late at night
Hard work place with good team
Delivery Driver/In-Store Support (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 July 2017
A typical day at work would be doing your job as well as helping out in store with helping out making a pizza to cleaning the shop.
I have learnt that places like that do not have separated jobs. If needed drivers are cooking and making pizzas as well as managers or in store staff are delivering orders - it all depends where the most people are needed.
Management is poor. Since the main manager is the owner, sometimes health and safety procedures had to be overtaken by "cheaper" and "not worth it".
The hardest part of the job is to stay in your place. You might think you know what is better or how things should be done however, manager/owner always knows the real and better way to deal with things.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of big team.
Pros
Big team
Cons
Manaegment
productive and fun.
CSR (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 May 2017
I would come into the store, greet customers, collect their orders for them, taking payments for their food. Answering phone calls, placing their orders over the digital system. Also, i have recently advanced and moved onto the make line. This involves memorizing pizza toppings and making the certain pizzas. At the end of the day, i would wash up and clean the store; making sure it is ready for tomorrow.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not guaranteed hours
Great Place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 January 2017
I had a very good experience working here made lots of new friends at a very busy place but it was a nice challenge to gain . Am confident to say you should work here as well
You meet new people, people can be friendly
In store worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester30 December 2016
I've worked in several Dominos stores now and it is a fun place to work. However its let down by managers who have no life experience. You have 18 year old managers who don't know how to do their job properly and it gets you thinking how on earth Dominos let them become a store manager. I wasn't told of my holiday pay which was a sad move by Dominos. This is why I will be leaving the company as it does not look after its employees.

If Dominos wants to succeed it has to sort itself out, cause Pizza hut is killing the game right now.
Pros
Friendly, fun, sometimes you may get free food
Cons
Poor management, No looking after for employees.
delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester13 October 2016
collect the order from the shop and deliver to the customer. also some time work to making the boxes for pizzas, collecting and handling cash, cleaning the store.
Relaxed workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manchester9 June 2016
A typical day at Dominos would be working from 4/5pm until close, You are surrounded by fun and polite people, but there is a major lack of atmosphere, it is too relaxed of a place to work, for me to work in.
Pros
Free staff pizza and 50% discount
Cons
Minimum wage.
First Job
Head Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 April 2016
Whilst working at Dominos I gained most of the experience I used in later jobs, such as customer service, how to work tills and dealing and handling customer complaints. When I first started at Dominos, I was employed to be a customer service representitive. However over the four years I moved my way up and became Head Customer Service Representitive with many managerial roles. I was put in charge of the other representitives on the phone, counting the tills, taking card payments, dealing with complaints, inventry/ordering and training all the new starters. I also had learnt all other departments so I could help out whenever was needed. While I was there I gained the opportunity to go to other stores and help them whenever they were short staffed or needed someone to train there new starts and assisting the managers in the community projects they did.
Pros
People
Cons
Management ans is unorganised
Can be fun but also can be a very depressing place to work especially during busy times and summer time when there is less jobs.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 March 2016
Hardest part of the job is finding customers postcode but the delivery is easy as you are driving although weather conditions can affect your time schedule especially during winter time when it rains and roads and visibility is not at it best. Typically day at work is like any other you come on time you clock in and start work hoping it gets busy because the more delivery you do the more you make as they give you your petrol money depending on how many deliveries you do. Managers are the same jus need you to do the work perfectly to produce more profit can be very difficult at times but it comes with the territory of the workplace.
Pros
Free Pizza, some good people
Cons
car wear and tear.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K