Domino's Employee Reviews in London

Found 96 reviews matching the search See all 17,243 reviews
Busy Workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Battersea Bridge London4 November 2018
Customer focussed with an excellent service ethos, gained from experience in past roles
• Exceptional customer service skills, proven within roles in hospitality, with an excellent ability
to manage workstreams and staff
• Adept at organising, with a high attention to detail and wide-ranging transferable skills to suit
a variety of situations
• Able to work quickly, efficiently and accurately, ensuring that all client and internal deadlines
are achieved
• Quick to create strong working relationships and able to communicate ideas and procedures
to all levels
Iffy
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London21 September 2018
At the time I was 18 - the only female in the store in which I was working. Regularly had to put up with lewd comments from other members of staff which made me feel very uncomfortable and dread coming to work.
I was also paid under minimum wage at the time.
Pros
negotiable hours
Cons
work environment
Productive and fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  London7 September 2018
Some days can be quite stressful, depending on the amount of staff in and how busy we get .
Friendly atmosphere, opportunity for promotion
The more you give to work the more success and fulfilment you will receive in return.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 August 2018
A typical day at work requires me answering the phone, taking orders, giving good customer services, making sure the shop floor is clean the counter tops are wiped. Working here I learn that you have to be willing and open to take constructive criticism, its very fast pace as well so you have to take your own time to learn the different types of pizzas, what toppings goes on what pizza, all the different type of crust. Management was very nice, helpful in everyway, he take the time out to get to know his staffs, gives constructive feedbacks and let you know what areas you need o work on. The culture was very diverse I would say. The hardest part I would say is that you don't really get a break so you would be on your feet for some good hours. The most enjoyable is to just working to getting as a team, having our little conversations and little laughs here and there.
Pros
free lunches
Ups and downs
CSR (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 August 2018
When you first start out at dominoes they offered me loads of help with training days in two branches but once i finally started working i realized that what i had been taught was only half of what i needed to know to be effective.
Pros
Free pizzas after shift
Cons
really poor hours
Great staff at entry level. Some good managers but terrible assistant managers.
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 July 2018
There is no job security as drivers/store staff are on zero hours contracts. You never know till Sunday evening what days and hours you will work the following week. Technically you should be able to turn down a shift but, in practice, you don't in case you're not offered as many hours as you need. I hardly ever get two days in a row off so I can't really go away anywhere. Leave can't be booked unless the store manager agrees it from October to December. Some of the assistant managers are very poor managers as Domino's pays only a small amount more than ordinary workers are paid. I've worked at two different stores and no references were taken up. I had a bad experience with one former colleague who defrauded me to the tune of £400. He was sacked for stealing from the till and got a job at another branch. They are always desperate for drivers so a good place to keep in mind if you need a stop-gap but not long-term.
Pros
One small free pizza every shift and discount on anything else, In practice there are often full-sized pizzas going spare, If you like pizza it will save you dosh, Drivers get tips which aren't substantial but a few extra quid comes in handy.
Cons
Unsocial hours, Not having regular shifts, Not knowing what your shifts will be until Sunday each week.
Challenging work
Instore (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 July 2018
Although the staff are very kind and helpful, there is not much job advancement which causes one to feel stuck in one position and withdraws any hope of development through the ranks.
No certain minimum hours provided
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Palmers green,london4 July 2018
So basically i applied for the job because the pay rates are good enough as they are close to london living wage.But when i asked are there any minimum hours provided the answer was:There is a rota and sometimes 4,sometimes 6 evening hours..Yeah,this is normal but it is not normal there aren’t any minimum hours provided?So how does the biggest company Dominos think about its employees?It wants full flexible delivery driver but it cannot afford to guarantee him 37.5 or 40 hours weekly work?So if you need me for 15 hours this week and 30 next how can i react to get additional income job?To me this doesn’t sound serious enough for company like this i know it is franchised but managers have income security and delivery drivers don’t doesn’t sound normal.I don’t have any interest to give bad feedback but i reproduce my conversation with the Palmer’s Green “manager” or something.I think you should think as human beings first and guarantee something to your delivery drivers so both sides be happy and job goes well.Hope some real manager reply with argument if i am wrong.
Pros
Good pay rates
Cons
No guarantees at all
just a line on dominos
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 June 2018
a very fast growing company where people come and go in order to earn abit of pocket change on the side despite having there main jobs
better then a boring desk job
Pros
not your boring 9-5
Cons
unrealiable hours and very vulgar atmospheres judging from seeing 6 different dominos
productive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 June 2018
very close knit team where all members of the group understand their roles and the role of others. management were very inclusive with staff and were never condescending.
Pros
Free Pizza

Want to know more about Domino's?

Ask a question
Good, but hard
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London18 May 2018
Various shifts, really good atmosphere. Hard to control the labour cost, with the service time. The manager position was really complex.
From the pizza making to the food orders and paper works, you need to do many many things.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London13 May 2018
It was fun working there, i was able to understand customers that live locally. Also word on my communication skills and team work stills because working at dominios it is important to have these two skills
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Minimum hours
Enjoyable
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  LONDON, PRESTON ROAD10 April 2018
Fun place to work, friendly people, free pizza, low salary, average of 5pounds a day of tips. Duties involve delivering pizza, customer service on a high level, shopkeeping
Pros
free pizza
Cons
low salary
Fun work place, good staff members
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  London9 April 2018
Processing high volumes of customer orders across peak weekend hours; Showing positive and engaging customer service; receiving excellent customer feedback; Upselling on customer orders; Assisting in general shop duties to ensure high level of hygiene and cleanliness; Processing payments; showing numeracy and responsibility.
Hard work, low pay
Instore Team Member (Current Employee) –  London28 March 2018
I really enjoy working with customers, but the company expects me to work till the perfection, every minute we have to clean, prep food, make pizzas, be nice to rude customers, take complains, sanitize the workplace, cut pizzas and etc. but they don't want to raise the hourly rate. I have been working there for nearly 2 years, but i still get 7.5 per hour.
Pros
Free food, nice staff
Cons
Late hours, minimum payrate
Busy Workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  London24 March 2018
Attend to customers, you will need to have a smile on your face regardless. if customers are not satisfied with their order, they are legally allowed to be compensated with an extra side order. their multiple ways of ordering with them, App, Website and other the phone.
Pros
Free small pizza and 50% off pizza's.
Cons
Communication between staffs
expecting too much
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London19 March 2018
The people where i worked at expected way too much, they were constantly on your back, no breaks apart from when there are no deliveries because they don't give you any. Management was pretty poor, the bikes were poor too, some wouldn't even have a break, that was a serious health issue.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything as soon as you walk through the door
very rushed
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London5 March 2018
I had a good time working for Dominoes, although, at times it was very rushed. I got on well with the other staff and management. The hardest part of the job was when it was -2 degrees outside and pelting with rain or snow.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
wet cold weather
Very busy snd hard working environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  London26 February 2018
From Friday to Sunday it is very busy at dominos. During the week days it isn’t as busy. It depends on what day and what deals are out for the shop to be busy.
Pros
Discount for
Cons
Difficult customers
Productive and fun!
Domino's Instore Trainer (Former Employee) –  London21 February 2018
A typical day at work was a busy environment in which the staff were trained to keep safe and clean, often there would large orders which needed to be executed efficiently, this lead our team to work hard. There was a lack of management at the store and very little notice between rotas, if you need changes on the rota they are often not given.

I enjoyed working with a team as we were very efficient yet the shop was draining as there was a horrible balance between my social life and the working environment.
Pros
Free staff pizza
Cons
Rota created weekly so difficult to plan in advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

55K