Domino's Employee Reviews in Glasgow

Producite Work Place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow14 December 2017
The hours allocated are good and substantial. The management is good, however, not very good team working skills and long hours without a break. In addition, there were very poor work benefits for employees and the salary is very poor for staff. The hardest part of the job is that it is long hours and are expected too do a lot.
Cons
Long hours, terrible salary and poor employee benefits
Good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow26 October 2017
During my time at dominoes, I felt welcomed, valued and a part of the team. Management were very nice and flexible. I would recommend if looking for easy, hassle free job
Pros
Hassle free
Cons
The people make this job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 October 2017
Long hours, busy shifts, the job is fun due to the people but the higher levels on management ruin the job for everyone. Store managers are constantly stressed with people jumping down their throats making it unbearable for staff
Fun and enjoyable depending on location until you reach management level
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 October 2017
For the many years ive worked in dominos i have enjoyed my time. It was a very fun and enjoyable place to work in until recently when you become management. Then you get treated like rubbish and you are told how to do your job. Its not worth the hassle! You get FORCED to work in different stores no matter how far away they are and are put through various tests which are highly irelevant and patronising and upper management dont really care about you. I used to love working here and enjoyed working here until recently.
Pros
Fun environment depending on location. Friendly team members
Cons
Upper level management
good for easy work
Assistant Manger (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 August 2017
either making pizza or driving, with cleaning and general tasks for the business, I learned all of my management skills as well as making me a better driver more familiar with the city plus pizza making skills.
on the most part a very positive work environment can be demanding when busy but overall they are the most satisfying days.
Pros
free pizza, good work environment, easy to talk to managers area managers regional managers
Cons
unpridictable scheduals, unsocial hours, work weekend, basic pay
Busy and enjoyable
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow17 July 2017
In this job it is a very busy environment, however it is enjoyable. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. The hardest part is dealing with complaints and remember all the different things. however you get trained and if you need to ask for help there's always somewhere there.
Pros
Gain new skills
Cons
Busy environment
managers have no clue how to be managers
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow20 June 2017
terrible place to work
HR manager is also useless as well
area manager has no idea how to be a manager
store managers have no sympathy towards staff
one of the worst places I have worked so far
fun workplace
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow5 May 2017
good colleagues and fun environment , bad thing is they did not give you a finishing time when you worked there so you couldn't plan ahead or anything
Pros
free pizza
Cons
not a finishing time
Could be worse
Shift Runner (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow26 April 2017
shift patterns are all over the place, you could work 10 hours one week then 30 another and you only get your shifts about a 3-6 days in advance which makes planning life a nightmare. Good place to learn key skills and good if looking to try out being a supervisor or manager to get practice for going onto a more difficult or demanding job. good for a first job to get experience but for something more secure in wages, hours etc. would not recommend.
Pros
discounts, environment and atmosphere.
Cons
higher ups don't care about you, only care about making money.
Nice place to work.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 February 2017
Good place to work but need more money...drive everyday, make about 30 to 40 delivery per shift...
..............................................
Pros
Free lumches
poor work place
Instore team member (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 February 2017
I used to really enjoy my job with domino's and would turn up motivated and excited to start work however a new manager was employed to take over and really struggled with the store operations causing me to leave
Productive and diverse environment
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 January 2017
On a typical day as a delivery driver for Domino's Pizza you would deliver to roughly 12-14 addresses. The customers can vary greatly and the way they treat you can affect your shift. The general culture of the branch was focused around budgets and chasing money at the expense of the welfare of the employees. However, the employees made the shift entertaining and it is always good to have a good dynamic between staff. The hardest part of the job was the long hours on the road as driving does tire your body out.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
long hours and lack of set breaks during driving
great place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Glasgow17 August 2016
amazing if your looking for a little extra on the side for extra cash or to pass time salary could be a little better and the benefits could be better
Productive, kept busy but terrible team morale.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glasgow7 August 2016
In my own personal experience of working at Domino's Pizza from the past two years, I have learned that proper management is required, otherwise the team staff will use it as an opportunity to stay back on the side lines and let the others do the work, when management is lacking it can and usually will lead to frustration at your fellow work-mates and can cause the work place to function very terribly.
Pros
Basically getting paid to exercise
Cons
Zero hour contract, working alongside immature members of staff
first job, good experience
In-Store Shift runner/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  glasgow17 July 2016
I spent many years working in dominos pizza from the bottom to the top, started off by answering phonecalls and taking orders, which moved onto instore pizza production duties then eventually shift runner duties. The hours were great for fitting around my uni times and social life. Work had a socialable and sort of laid back enviroment but times were hard when the shopw as busy and you were on oven duties with countless pizzas flying out the oven, you had to be fast or else business would suffer. I viewed the oven dutie as the most difficult job and because I was fast and good at it, I was always expected to be on the ovens by default which wasn't entirely fair but I still did it.
Pros
laid back enviroment
Cons
oven dutie at peak busy times, shop becomes chaotic
Absolutely shocking
Instore Staff (Former Employee) –  Glasgow26 May 2016
Liked the job at first when I started but looking back on it I don't know how I managed to stay. Got absolutely NO TRAINING had to learn everything myself, manager doesn't know the slightest on how to train people so let's the other team members do it while he sits in the office eating pizzas which were wrong. Yet when it is busy he will come up and moan at everyone for not going fast enough then bugger off back down to the office. Asked 2 mangers several times for more shifts as I can work full time now and have been given 3 a week which is shocking as I had this many when I first started, everything you say to the managers just go over their head as all they care about is statistics and how the shop looks don't give two f**ks about how the staff are feeling. Prior to getting a maximum of 3 SHIFTS A WEEK it is almost impossible to make any money. I get around £150 a month which is balls. Also done my health and food safety and got an award as my manager told me my wage would go up which was an absolute lie, only got us to do it so he would look better. DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE NOT EVEN IF YOURE DESPERATE, WOULD GIVE 0 STARS IF I COULD.
Pros
Cons
Everything the job entails and more
Very unsecure
Instore Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 May 2016
I am normally only allocated very few days, sometimes only 1 day a week. During these days i normally only do 3 hours and then told to go home as i am no longer needed.
Fun workplace
In Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow22 January 2016
A typical day at work whilst working for Dominos would be dealing with food preparation and taking customers orders over the phone and face to face.I also had too up sell goods and products. When working in Dominos handling cash was also one of my main duties. I was also required to maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and also security practices. I also built relationships with customers to increase the likelihood of repeat business. I learned alot whilst working for Dominos- one was that the people you work with are a big part of your life. The managers were very encouraging and motivated. My co-workers were also all very friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was making life long friends. The hardest was dealing with orders when it was very busy.
Pros
Free food ;)
Cons
Clothes smell
delivery driver slave labour
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT7 November 2015
Being a driver for domino Pizza is not very good in my experience as I'm always working to bring in a decent wage to pay bills and make sure there is food on the table for my family it is very hard to do this as I am on minimum wage, there is no added perks been a employee of this company. Since starting with this company I have had to replace my car twice and the company refuse to help you out when this occurs and they cant even pay holiday pay when they are supposed to and 85 pence for a distance of over 6 miles does not cover fuel. I can work for at least 10 hours with no break.
Pros
rare good night with tips
Cons
car gets abused
Questionable
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT14 October 2015
Fun workplace but very strict on policies. Always looking to create a very strong image of the business. Good customer base and very popular.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

54K