Domino's Employee Reviews in Birmingham

average
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 June 2018
Zero hours contract, the minimum wage and management that don't care about staff

Management favours certain people and give them all the benefits and ignore the rest. During the busy hours, you can expect to do everything by yourself as the management go to their office and ignore calls for help and then blame you if anything goes wrong.

If you complain about not getting enough hours Management will look for any reason to fire you
Cons
short hours
fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 March 2018
this company is great to work in. you will learn new things everyday. it is a busy place to work in but a lot of fun too. and the time just goes so quick.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
0 hour contracts
Shocking
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 January 2018
I was at college when I worked at dominos and they wanted me to quit my college course to work for them, I was only doing 4hours a day in the evening from 6-10 I was at college rein 8am-3pm most days disgusting
Food is always the BEST
Internal Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 November 2017
A day at work will last for about 5 hours.
Learned some cooking skills and improved my administration and leadership skills.
Hardest part of the job, rush hours, especially on Fridays and Saturdays.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short shifts
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham18 September 2017
A typical day at dominos is stressful, tiring and mentally draining.
What's I have learned from this job is that if you aren't surrounded by people you can have a laugh with and people that support you it make work a nice place to be.
Under pressure on a busy day management is not very good , there is a lot of shouting and mistakes, which puts the worker on edge.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having a laugh with other colleagues.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Long hours, very short breaks.
Pretty poor really
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 July 2017
Has a bad attitude to management of staff, their driving insurance policy is appauling and they don't really care for their employees, no idea why anyone works there.
Pros
Occasional free pizza
Cons
Irregular shifts
It's okay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 June 2017
Chilled job, not good pay but no stress easy friendly environment to work in when it's busy it picks up and work gets more fast paced managers and staff are considerate.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
poor pay
Productive and fun place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 February 2017
Directed a staff of 30 employees and presented service manuals to every customer. Ensured the cleanliness of workshop and followed all the company guidelines. Delivered high-tech work quality though meeting all the deadlines. Maintained and updated company’s online sales software system and ordered the new stock of bikes and spare parts on daily basis.
Hours not good for students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham15 January 2017
shift times were constantly changed even when you were working. You may have a 6 hour shift and due to store not being busy they would ask workers to leave after 2/3 hours
i gained some skils
Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 November 2016
I have learnt many things while working at Dominos such as; how to deal with a customer complaint or dealing with customers being very violent towards me but i have learnt how to deal with a situation like that in the correct manner which is to stay calm and try and help them as best as you can to solve their problem
Customer Service Representative
corporate social representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham24 October 2016
Had to serve customers which gave me good communication skills, built my confidence and helped me to socialise more efficiently
good place to work
Face to face customer service (Former Employee) –  birmingham27 September 2016
good atmosphere to work ,every is quiet friendly and gets along with eachother worked there as a team member and enjoyed it until i was there clean atmoshere
A fun place to work, with a very friendy team.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham31 July 2016
Domino's is a busy and challenging place to work where you constantly prioritise your tasks. The job enhances communication and team leading skills. The management is very friendly and motivating.
Pros
Friendly environment
Your car will suffer
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham16 September 2015
Standard minimum wage zero hour contract delivery driving job using your own vehicle most of the time (always if under 21).
Dominos
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG20 August 2015
Domino's is a great place to gain experience for future goals.
The team members are polite and helpful when training new employees.
The manager is also friendly and thoughtful enough to provide the best experience for those who have started their first job.
This job provides experience in customer service, communication skills and also gives experience in cooking and preparing food.
Pros
Gaining great experience.
Cons
Company employes alot of people, making everyones shifts fair leaves you with shorter shifts.
delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG17 August 2015
as you would expect in the name of the franchise quality management, advancement of work from delivery driver to working inside on the make line very friendly environment, top management always happy and always looking after all members of staff a very very friendly and enjoyable work environment
Pros
free food
fast enviroment
manager in training (Current Employee) –  birmingham27 May 2015
a typical day at work would start at 10.30pm ensuring the shop is set up for the day,checking dates on all food products and temperatures of the ovens and the food,i would also need to make sure all tills added up to the right amount for the busy day ahead.ensureing orders were made as fast as possible but still ai to make a good sellable product.the day would consist of make pizza,takeing phone coustomer call as well as putting the delivers away,dough management was the hardest part of the job as tempertures affect how long the dough needs leaving out to reach proffing point.
productive workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG21 May 2015
I have learnt a variety of different skills whilst working at Domino's pizza. Working as a pizza maker and a customer service operative I had the opportunity to gain experience working at front of house and back of house. I enjoyed all roles and responsibilities that came with working as a team member because it meant that each and every day working there was different. Busy days within the store meant being able to stay calm whilst under pressure, a skill I picked up whilst working there and making sure that tasks were completed properly. I enjoyed working at the front of the store answering telephone calls and serving customers face to face, because I liked talking with a variety of different people. Being able to provide an excellent customer service was one of my priorities and I thoroughly enjoyed that aspect of the job.
very busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG26 March 2015
work place is very busy and I learnt how to treat and look after customers and deal with complaints. My co workers wwere easy to get a long with and the enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers happy.
Cons
short hours
Busy
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham10 December 2014
• Meeting and Greeting Customers
• Taking Online Order
• Taking Telephone Orders
• Delivering to Several Customer
• Cleaning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K