Domino's Employee Reviews

Found 2,207 reviews matching the search See all 17,897 reviews
This was job evolution for me
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dartford15 January 2019
Everyday was a different job in my own personalised office and acting as front of house were great challenges which i could successfully carry out each day and show the boss my duty.
Pros
In my own car (office) everyday
Cons
Getting weaker with not too much exercise in the car
Excellent, fun environment and plenty of work.
Delivery driver, customer orders, preparing pizzas (Former Employee) –  Elm Park, Greater London13 January 2019
Worked there for better part of a year, excellent coworkers and plenty of work.

Was driver so very flexible hours, but sometimes helped in store too.

Pay is good, and though the managers changed often it didn’t affect work negatively.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours.
Cons
Slow periods in the year.
A generic part time job.
Front-Facing Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Blandford Forum, Dorset11 January 2019
The job at Domino's is what you'd expect from any part time job. Repetitive, time consuming with low pay. But, like most jobs, it's the people who make it a good place to work, rather than the job itself.

I may have been lucky, but the people whom I worked with were great. The management was great and I'd def work there again... but with more sociable hours.
Pros
Free pizza for working more than 6 hours.
Cons
Repetitive work
good exprience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tidworth9 January 2019
overall my time at dominos was a good experience since it was my first job. I learned what an actual job environment was. The management was organised and friendly, and so was the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was probably the physical demands of the workplace especially on days where you are tired, however the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and making good friends.
Pros
50% discount on pizza
Closing Driver
Closing Driver (Current Employee) –  Sunderland8 January 2019
It’s a zero hour contract not to everyone liking but I like it as it gives me the balance between work and family. I get the hours I require but like any job it helps to be flexible the only downside is the amount you get paid for deliveries I think it’s poor. There is no support being a closing driver and the only other person is the instore who does not drive. Should be an emergency driver to assist the closing driver in any emergency.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
To much cleaning for one person
Low pay and vehicle maintenance was a issue
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bolton8 January 2019
Low pay and vehicle maintenance was a issue, i enjoyed working in a team and being out of the store often as i was a delivery driver.
just the hours were not suited to my needs and my vehicle was not right for the job.
Pros
discount on food and sometimes if a order was prepared wrong i could take home after my shift
Cons
Car Maintenance
Messed me around before I even started
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chaddesden, Derbyshire7 January 2019
Went for an interview, which I was told was just a formality so they could get me working right away. I thought that was great. Got to the store and the person supposed to be interviewing me hadn't turned up. Fine. The store manager told me he didn't have time to interview me, so he called an area manager and asked if they could. They said they could but I had to go to them on the other side of Derby. Irritating, but okay. I drove all the way there to be told they didn't have time either and someone would be in touch from another branch about interviewing me. That was at the beginning of December, haven't heard anything back since. Pathetic really.
Pros
Pizza doesn't always give you food poisoning.
Cons
Couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery.
Fast-paced workplace
F&B assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 January 2019
It was hard to work with 3 managers in the same place. The job itself was easy, however there was no chance to take a break. It was busy all the times. I worked in shift hours so it was exhausted. I didnt get well with my colleges and there was no time for that.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
shift hours
Fun Workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Antrim6 January 2019
A typical day would be busy, you work your butt off to have the shop sitting ready and up to standard and then the higher ups come in, take over your shift and forget about you. Ignore that you've been on your feet all day, hungry and waiting for your TWENTY MINUTE break.
You will have a rota'd start and finish time but your finish time matters to nobody. So even if you've finished at 7 all week and stayed till 7.30/8 every other shift, they'll punish you for refusing to stay when you have plans after your shift has ended.
Management are either rude or lazy to anyone else below them, even their shiftrunners who work their butt off for them.
There is great freedom and conversation to be had, you will never be bored or lacking of something to do.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Ridiculous hours, Ridiculous expectations
typical
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coleraine6 January 2019
a lot of hard work with little thanks. pressure put on from all angles, very intense job, with a lot to learn. training is decent but is dependant on who trains you
Pros
fortnightly wage
Cons
late finishes
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lincoln5 January 2019
Staff work very efficiently as a team, however some shifts are understaffed, resulting in very stressful situations. I learned key points and health and safety risks of food cooking, preparing and handling.
Pros
Free staff food
Cons
Awkward working hours
Fun but stressful workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Cross5 January 2019
It's enjoyable being a part of this workplace, as the people here are lovely and there are always new challenges. However, it is minimum wage and not focused on London weighting. Therefore, it's hard to work here as a student and be able to financially support myself.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Gainsborough, Lincolnshire5 January 2019
The job is pretty easy.
The most important thing is the team in Gainsborough. They're just brilliant!
No matter if it's busy or not, they're attitude makes you're life at work so easy .
I'm really happy to work with these people...
Pros
great team, shifts that suit your daily routine, lots of understanding and support
productive
Chef/Cook (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire4 January 2019
I helped in preparation of pizza orders , taking orders and till work. I learnt many skills , such as communication with customers, sorting and handling complaints and time management.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fun and fast pace enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon2 January 2019
i work in a fun paced environment.
i enjoy working with so many different people.
sometimes it gets busy and hard going but its a reward that pays off.
deliver driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham2 January 2019
there is a lot of people who work there who have no other option of a job because they cant get anything else. it would be ok if there was breaks for the employees
Pros
its a job
Cons
just a very bad employment, the manager becca is running it into the ground
Low wage
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire2 January 2019
I've been working as a delivery driver with dominos for about half a year, I enjoy working for the company, however Domino's wages are just minimum. They advertise up to £12 a hour but you'll never make that, they give you petrol money at the end of each night which barley covers your fuel, other than that it is minimum wage. I enjoy the employees I work with but has such a high staff turnover and you can guess why. Although shop managers are paid a stupidly high wage. Considering the hours are unsociable and generally limited they should be giving staff above minimum wage or at least give in-stores and drivers a target to hit to get a bonus each month. My review was mostly about the wage but it's what I feel strongly about, I enjoy working with the company so I'm hoping they're going to listen to their staff.
Pros
Driving, 50% discount, colleges
Cons
Salary, unsociable hours, undervalued, not enough hours, closing shop.
This might be one of the worst jobs I've ever experienced.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Armagh, County Armagh1 January 2019
I've met some of my favourite people at this job, worked as management in multiple shops and franchises, became very good friends with the people in charge of successful businesses that keep growing year-by-year.

But this might be one of the worst jobs I've ever had.
Professionally; it violates almost every part of your contract forcing you to work unpaid overtime (usually 10+hours per week) on such a regular basis, it's actually considered part of the job [Contract is 45hours].

There are almost zero benefits to working there (other than 50% discount, and £10meal per shift if you're management); I fortunately had great staff to make it survivable, but in-terms of the job itself...

You're considered more of a cog of a machine than an actual human being. i.e. The goal is to keep the labour as low as humanly possible by any means necessary, no-matter how low it was it's never good enough. I ran shifts on 19% labour only to get told it should have been 17%. One of my store managers frequently did 100hour work weeks to try and minimise the labour, only to get told it was still too high (which it really, really wasn't).

I could literally write a 6,000word essay on the precise ins-and-outs of this business, but I'm not willing to spend the time to do that.

SUMMARY: This is a standard minimum wage, zero qualification job. I'd encourage 16year olds to work there to develop a work ethic and perspective on life/work as they transition to better things.

But in terms of a long-term career...

If you enjoy exploiting people for your own personal gain, and whole-heartedly
  more... do not care about your collegues/ customers, then you will be really good at this job. If you're an actual human being; you will disagree with the things you have to enforce, it's highly unlikely you will find job satisfaction, and this jobs ridiculous hours and late nights (4am-6am will be your norm) screw with your wellbeing.

Or if you don't care what job you have, this'll do until you get sick of it.

If a 0/5 was possible, I'd give it that.
Pros
Zero, I struggle to find anything good about this job, other than the staff (which has nothing to do with the job)
Cons
Too many to list. Underpaid, undervalued (as a human being/ member of a team), underappreciated, longest of hours, the list is endless. Don't work here unless you're desperate for a job.
Toilsome occupation
Dominos Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Littlehampton31 December 2018
I have been working as a Dominos Delivery Driver for 2 years and I DO NOT recommend.
I work around 3-5 days a week here and am always the 'Closing' driver, meaning that I am the one to work the latest and who has to ensure the store is 100% tidy and ready for opening the next day.
Considering my store is open until midnight and customers can place orders until 11:59pm, we could potentially have multiple orders come in last minute, sending me out delivering until around 12:30am, which doesn't sound like the biggest of issues. But when you only have until 1am to clean ALL pizza screens, tins, sauce tubs, pizza cutters, etc. And then have to sweep out around 30 odd heatproof pizza bags, as well as mop the floor, re-stock the coke fridge, clean the toilets and also the staff room. With anything you do past 1am being unpaid work because they clock you out no matter what it isn't the best of fun.
Also you get very very little holiday pay, no bonuses for holidays or bank holidays, and usually get made to stay way past your expected time as the managers care so much about there precious 'DOT' (Delivery on Time) ratio, they keep everyone and their uncle in until as late as possible to keep things 'smooth' as they call it. Oh and also mine and my other local stores as of recent have noticed the area managers have been chipping away at little pieces of workers pay here by 'back clocking' them a good 10/20 minutes every now and then...
So yeah, if you are looking to slowly destroy your vehicle and mental health at work then by all means give this place a go but honestly as appealing
  more... at it might sound being a delivery boy/girl really isn't what it is made out to be.  less
Pros
Somewhat easy
Cons
Everything mentioned in my statement
Works around other commitments
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eltham, Greater London31 December 2018
Hours are usually to suit everyone. Can work around other work commitments. Staff discount. Management are easy to talk to and arrange cover when needed
Pros
Hours
Cons
Rota not planned long enough in advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K