Domino's Employee Reviews

It depends on the franchise...
Interim Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 January 2018
The franchise i worked for didn't really treat their staff well, but i've heard that a lot of other franchises treat their staff very well. Mine was very cheap and would value lower costs rather than better or faster service.
Pros
You'll make a lot of friends at work
Cons
If the franchise isn't nice it's not great
its been great
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Pulborough, West Sussex18 January 2018
over all not a bad job just the money isnt quite right but i wouldn't tell anyone not to work for dominos it is a great first just to help kick start you view on the real world
Pros
great working environment
Cons
not the greatest pay
Full of skills.
Instore Team Member (Current Employee) –  Blackburn18 January 2018
You learn lots of new skills and meet some fantastic people. The workplace is a good environment and the atmosphere is great. It can be a very busy day at times and some can be quiet days but overall it is a good working day.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Could do long hours.
Good place to work in but like a lot of places it can improve.
driver (Former Employee) –  Scotland17 January 2018
delivering pizzas to customers, cash handling, making up pizza boxes, helping prepare foods example portion up wedges and put sauce in to containers. general cleaning of store.

i have learned how the pizza delivery business works but as i have catering experience their is very little to learn. The management initially were ok but over the course of time they have became more target driven with staff expected to do more and more. This has lead to low moral with staff.

Holiday policy is very confusing but all in all the people are really nice and the customers are pleasant (well the one i have met).

delivering pizzas is easy its the amount of cleaning that is physically demanding.

In terms of promotion, they have a leadership program but i do not know anyone internally who has become a manager with pay to go. they seem to be externally recruited.

Pay is £7.50 per hour with good rate for delivery and good tips on a good day. however, everyone is a zero hour contract which means you may have work one week but not the next. on the plus side Domino's marketing team are good with promotions which keeps the place busy.

nice wee local job but cant see a career in it.
Pros
Easy job, 50% of pizza with occasional free pizza if working late or extra hours
Cons
holiday pay and entitlement confusing and new management not very staff friendly.
Not fun.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire17 January 2018
My first official job as a 16 year old and I got paid £3.87 an hour (as this was the minimum wage for my age group at the time). The management was nice but there was no work ethos. Would not recommend.
Pros
Got a free pizza once at Christmas.
Cons
Not happy staff, not good pay and not good ethos.
instore staff
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Tolworth16 January 2018
The hardest section in dominos, if you are on the make line you would be doing the most work and getting paid the least, would recommend for a driver, otherwise this job will take over your life for 7.50 an hour
Pros
free pizza
Cons
very intense work place
fun productive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland16 January 2018
good place to be elastic hours good management good culture good for part time and full time job the most enjoyable part of job was driving of my own car
Hard working
In-store Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rhyl, Denbighshire16 January 2018
This is a hard working job but its great fun working with my collegagues having a laugh but working hard, and trying to reach the customers demands and also a encouraging each other.
Pros
Good laugh
Cons
Low pay
good working envoirnment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 January 2018
very good place to work as a team and individual.
very busy and challenging place to work.
good team building place and always need to plan a head.
I will recommend if somone like busy place to work
Pros
u can eat pizzaz at lunch
Cons
long hours and late nights
okay
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Biggleswade15 January 2018
The job at dominos was invole dealing with phone calls, customers and complaints. I learnt how to work a cashier, how to deal with customers and i learnt about the working enviroment. The management was okay, i do not know enough about this to say. It is a very busy place some days but a very quiet place other days.
Pros
Free pizza, 50% discount
Cons
Boring
Productive and fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  London14 January 2018
My work hours are usually in evening time till 11 or 12 pm. I enjoy my job dealing with team members and customers, offering an efficient customer-oriented service. I learned to find addresses easily, to use company software, to communicate clearly end respectively with customers.
Good, but managers were unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London14 January 2018
My managers would deliberately isolate newer employees. Work hours were unfair as no one apart from managers were allowed to take holidays without at least 3 months notice, and rota would be made without consideration for employees
Pros
60% discount and occasional free food
Cons
short shifts
Okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 January 2018
Fun people to work with. Disappointing minimum wage when such a big company. Very annoying that they do not allocate finishing times and you never know what time you will be working till.
Pros
Different all the time
Cons
Wage and hours
Flexible working
Dominos Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Colchester13 January 2018
Used my own car- not a great idea if you do this if it’s a big car , you ideally need a 1.1 engine to be if it from the £1 per job (delivery) the basic rate of pay is low £7.50 where I see other towns 3 or 4 doing the same job for £10 an hour !!!! So colchester dominoes not the best.
Pros
Flexible working, take home money daily, free pizza easy job potential for good bonuses.
Cons
People pay online so tips are lower now, use your own car
very good
instore crew member (Former Employee) –  Bushey, Hertfordshire12 January 2018
enjoyed my experience at dominos and working in a team. I especially enjoyed learning how the menu was prepared and dealing with customers . very much enjoyed my experience
Pros
free pizza
not every good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale, Blaenau Gwent11 January 2018
horrid place to work. not very friendly staff. rude customers. couldn't eat the food. overall, not a happy bunny. I didn't enjoy my role at the eating establishment.
Pros
non
Cons
too may
First Job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dronfield, Derbyshire11 January 2018
This was my first ever job when I was 16, it was alright for my first job I guess. However, the hours were sometimes too long, they tried to tax me at 16 whilst I was still at college and they often forgot to pay me.
Pros
Pocket Money.
Cons
Getting taxed, too many hours.
Workplace is good but poor management
Pizza maker (Current Employee) –  Thatcham10 January 2018
The job itself is fun and very varied and the people you meet are friendly and kid but management is very poor and sometimes managers are rude.
It took them over three months to sort out my tax code and it turns out my previous manager never filled out my P45 and never handed in my tax code.
Pros
Free food (after certain amount of hours), friendly and fun workspace.
Cons
Management poor, managers can be rude and terrible pay.
Delivery Driver,Aalvastan Derby
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Alvaston10 January 2018
Rubbish company...Uneducated managers
Unsafe Environment
Pack of Discrimination
Poor Mngmt..
Lot's of worker exploitation
Rubbish behaviour
Don't follow health & safety Guidelines...
Pros
Cons
No Health and safety
It was okay
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey10 January 2018
The days will be very long, you may start in the morning or around 5 and you would be doing non stop work weather it be making pizza, on the oven, answering phones or maybe just doing stickers. The employees are very nice and will have a good laugh.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Long and hard hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9