DOLCE LTD Employee Reviews

Absolutely diabolical place and company to work for wouldnt recomend this company to my worst enemy
GKA (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire6 January 2020
The management of this company are a disgrace, all they do is put more work load on you without any extra hours to do it in,if you are brave enough to confront them about it you end up losing your job,they dont care,i wouldnt recomend working or hiring this company to anyone,all the staff at DOLCE are rude and ill mannered and treat you like dirt,DONT WORK THERE!!!
Rubbish to work for
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire4 January 2020
Not interested in staff,
All about results.
One manager got attitude problem
Probably little mans syndrome.
Wouldnt work fof these for all the tea in china, no support
catering assistant
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ely, Cambridgeshire9 December 2019
Enjoyed working for employer. would recommend working for them in the future. I was in the role for 7 years and chose to pursue a different career field
Shocking company to work for avoid
Genral Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside21 November 2019
AVOID AVOID AVOID
Management are shocking talk down to everyone, no support, constantly work understaffed, ive never worked for such a horrible company that have no consideration for there staff. If they dont like your opinions they will work you out of the company cut your hrs down til you can no longer survive on the shocking wage. If you value your sanity stay away from this company
Over worked and underpaid
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  South west22 October 2019
I've been working for this company for a year now. They work you hard and don't appreciate the work you do for them. They also don't like to pay you for overtime worked.
They over look you for promotion and bring in people that have never done the job and straightaway put them in as a supervisor.
I wouldnt recommend them acompany
Bad management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cumbria21 October 2019
Worked for dolce for five years at first they were good and area managers were good and they cared about their staff but they changed the managers and it went down ,all they care about is making a profit,not about staff that are worked to the limit with not enough staff ,managers never came near
Disgusting
Cook (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands5 October 2019
Was set on and faced with the most disgusting place of work ever encountered. All equipment included didn't work eg no scales no mixer no hotcupboard list is endless. No menus to follow off there system. Area manager was a disgrace. No uniform provided. Poor quality and pay never again.
Very poor
General Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Stockport4 September 2019
Dolce is a great company the leading brand!! However they got very big too quick which has resulted in extremely poor area management this company has a leading example and the potential to be exceptional however better employee care and more attention to detail is paramount until they correct this company is extremely poor to work for. Understaffed poorly paid no gratitude the list is endless. High staff turn over there’s big changes to be made it’s getting there but no where near just yet. Such a shame really as enitile
I love working for dolce
School Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oldbury, West Midlands15 August 2019
I am currently based near Birmingham oldbury both the two area mangers are lovely,help us if were in need and are very considerate when my sister was taken very ill work life balance is what it is you work around your school children for me personally its a brilliant job for working parents as we get time off with the children when there off from school,
Pros
good team work from us 3 ladies that work hard
Cons
pay could be better
Slave drivers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rotherham11 August 2019
Disgusting low quality food , pathetic menu's
Kids going hungry
Don't pay overtime! Extremely unhelpful management who don't care that you are killing yourself in an understaffed kitchen! Health and safety would have a field day if they investigated the company!The food is little more than slop.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Desperate
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 July 2019
Dolce will hire anybody, if you have no experience in a kitchen or have never worked a day in your life, Dolce will hire you, they are not picky! This reflects on the day to day runnings of the kitchen, your pushed to your limits and expected to go above and beyond. Management are a bunch of wet wipes that are also winging it but like to think they are something. If your really desperate and prepared to loose all self respect, this is the job for you
Cons
Very hard work with no appreciation!
Assistant cook (Former Employee) –  Rotherham25 July 2019
Awful company to work for. No support from managers. Too many bosses with different opinions. Unqualified staff running kitchens and no training offered to staff.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Too many to list
miss my job
Kitchen Manager/Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Cumbria6 May 2019
best job I've had, loved my school, had 4 great years until typed over to another company only to be made redundant all my hard put into the school and now the school meals have gone down down down, was even asked by the kids if I'd come back to school, heartbroken to tell them I wasnt employed by the company no more but still the work life balance was great really enjoyed my staff of 7 ladies who worked day in day out.
Fantastic company to work for
Cook (Former Employee) –  Midland4 May 2019
Worked with dolce for 3 years until our school Tupe to another company last year, dolce are a fantastic company to work for I always found management down to earth and approachable in every way, very professional and know how to run a business and the computer system is amazing. I would not hesitate to work for them again in the future.
Pros
Good life/work balance and supportive
Bad
Chef (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands28 April 2019
The worst experience with catering company. OMG , speechless. Run away from those people...!!!
Disrespectful managers, ungrateful as well no matter how much effort you put in
Worst company
Chef manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire13 January 2019
I worked for them as a chef manager most unprofessional and unsupportive company.
The pay is low for the amount of work required payroll rude and unhelpful. Still waiting for my P45 after I left.
Pros
Term time
Cons
Plenty
Great Support
Cook (Current Employee) –  Cambridge26 December 2018
Just started working for Dolce in cambridge and the support from Area & Regional Managers has been great.
The ethos of the company is good and al management & support staff are 100% behind the company
Pros
Support & standards
Cons
Have not got any at present
Great Workplace
Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowton27 November 2018
Dolce Ltd is a great place to work.
The work can be challenging but that is what makes it a productive and less boring job.
My colleagues are lovely to work with and always happy to help.
Highly recommend :)
great work place friendly work colleges
Kitchen Assistant - Camp Road and Fairfield school (Former Employee) –  Maryport, Cumbria30 October 2018
preparing and serving food for children of ages 3 to 11 making sure of any dietarily or allergy needs, washing and drying food trays cleaning and tidying kitchen for the next day.
Pros
good work hours, having the same days of with my children.
Garbage
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 October 2018
Dolce are only interested in making money, penny pinchers. Not bothered about staff they start off promising the world then change their minds once contracts have been signed. They are the worst payers in this sector, I recommend working for the council instead of these for more money they are the pits to work for don’t bother.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Deducting money from your wages and having to wait a month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DOLCE LTD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8