DLA Piper

DLA Piper Employee Reviews

United Kingdom46 reviews
Brilliant
I cannot comment much as I was only on a work experience placement but what a fantastic opportunity it was to be included in DLA Piper's training scheme.
Great Company
DLA PIPER was a great company to work for. They have brilliant training, benefits and over all staff. The engagement with management is strong. you are left to manage your own time which is rare.
Great team, very collaborative environment, world class training and just generally a great place to work.

The people are very supportive and approachable, the expertise and calibre of people is extremely impressive.
Excellent working environment
Excellent working environment and very professional company to work for. Excellent benefits and staff are very well looked after in every aspect.

Work is fast paced but that's what makes it an exciting place to work in.
productive and fun work place
staff were very friendly and welcoming, always there to support if needed help. workplace culture is friendly and everyone who works there is lovely and happy
Great company to work
DLA is a great company to work for and they really look after colleagues here. A lot of training and help for job role. Good atmosphere for working in.
Corporate balance
It used to be a fabulous place to work where everybody knew each other, lots of social events and fabulous benefits, including long term employee benefit, Christmas bonus and flexible working hours.

However after management changes, things became slightly more sterile and it was all about work, work, work.......
Pros
Great canteen, lovely offices
Didn't work out
Never known anything with so much deceit with goalposts moved, blatant dishonesty and a refusal to honour agreements.
I got played.

but at least I now know to never do business with them again or to put any business their way
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
Lies and refusal to honour deals
What Managers!
By far the the worst place I have worked. Horrible management, bullying nature and forced to leave even though HR had been informed what was happening . Guess what... it is still happening with the same manager with HR again involved but nothing done!
Management really need to go on a people training course!
PRODUCTIVE AND great place to work in
EXCELLENT Organisation and people to work with.
Recommend working for this Company. Enjoyed atmosphere, people, values and ethics. Believe in the people they hire.
Supporting the practice management system
Not many companies expose you t a full systems outage due to a malware attack! Not confidential as it is well documented in the legal press. A good environment to work or I wouldn't have kept extending.
Poisonous Credit Control Department
I often see credit control roles for DLA being advertised here and it's no real surprise to me they have trouble retaining staff. The job, in of itself, is not too taxing. The real issue most have is with the management. Unnecessarily cruel in some circumstances, vindictive, and not team focused in the least. You can, and in all likelihood, will be pushed under the bus if the situation arises. I note there's a positive review here, but I get the impression that they were asked by one of the team leader to leave a more upbeat point of view.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. It's not particularly good for anyone's mental well being.
Pros
The Christmas party is usually pleasent.
Cons
Bad management, catty and suffocating
Strict work experience
Strict work experiance as I underwent two types of law experiences, Business and crime strict management and straight orders and commands on what to do
Pros
Free fruit for lunch as well as kind colleagues
Cons
Computer work only
Reprographics Technician
As an ex-employee of DLA Piper, working as a reprographics technician, I can say that this is not a great company to work for.
Annual salary increase is awarded based on performance reviews. These are nothing more than opinions of team leaders and managers who are rarely present to see staff performance.

DLA Piper often pay other staff a higher or lower wage for performing an identical roll.

I found that I was being paid less than a colleague who was in the same roll. The reasons given were based on performance. Even during maternity leave, a colleague managed to perform better than myself and was rewarded with a higher annual pay rise.

There is no opportunity for progression from this roll either.

However, DLA Piper do offer some great benefits. They do offer a nice working environment and on occasion do offer a fair bonus scheme.

I personally would rather be paid a fair wage considering that I had far more skills to offer than other members of staff in the same roll.

With DLA Piper, it's simply a case of who you know. What clique you fall into. If you're the kind of person who has a great variety of talents relevant to the roll but are not as popular as others, you will find yourself being overlooked while others who may not work as hard, are treated to better pay rises, higher bonuses and more financial rewards.
Pros
Some good benefits.
Cons
Unfair pay system.
Catty Working Environment with no manager support
Management care only for their manager and not their team, made to feel like everyone else is better than us so we just need to not raise any issues. Like being back at school and one team leader gave me advice 'sometimes you just need to be a little more two-faced'. Would never work there again. All the good people have seen sense and left now too.
work experience
firm had a good culture with trainee lawyers very happy and grateful to be there. As a work experience student my time at the firm was insightful as to the day to day undertakings of a solicitor.
A busy law firm, that looks after it's people and is interested in their growth. A busy hard working culture. difficult building relationships world wide when you're not always able to travel. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
Global company
Cons
Travel involved
Grest company
Good staff benefits. Great atmosphere. Good opportunities to advance. If you put the effort in, you'll be rewarded.

Lots of friendly staff and managers.
Pros
Well priced staff cafe
fun and friendly teams who are supportive and encouraging. lots of autonomy and personal development programs.

long hours but better work life balance than most city firms.
Good
Excellent working environment to work in; with friendly peers to converse with. This work placement provided me with key skills such as interpersonal skills, which one facilitate me in the future.
very informitave and helpful to see the inner workings of a large, global law firm. i spent time in many departments thus was able to gain informationin a variety of areas