DLA Piper Employee Reviews

Poisonous Credit Control Department
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Liverpool9 July 2018
I often see credit control roles for DLA being advertised here and it's no real surprise to me they have trouble retaining staff. The job, in of itself, is not too taxing. The real issue most have is with the management. Unnecessarily cruel in some circumstances, vindictive, and not team focused in the least. You can, and in all likelihood, will be pushed under the bus if the situation arises. I note there's a positive review here, but I get the impression that they were asked by one of the team leader to leave a more upbeat point of view.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. It's not particularly good for anyone's mental well being.
Pros
The Christmas party is usually pleasent.
Cons
Bad management, catty and suffocating
Reprographics Technician
Reprographics Technician (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside15 April 2018
As an ex-employee of DLA Piper, working as a reprographics technician, I can say that this is not a great company to work for.
Annual salary increase is awarded based on performance reviews. These are nothing more than opinions of team leaders and managers who are rarely present to see staff performance.
DLA Piper often pay other staff a higher or lower wage for performing an identical roll.
I found that I was being paid less than a colleague who was in the same roll. The reasons given were based on performance. Even during maternity leave, a colleague managed to perform better than myself and was rewarded with a higher annual pay rise.
There is no opportunity for progression from this roll either.

However, DLA Piper do offer some great benefits. They do offer a nice working environment and on occasion do offer a fair bonus scheme.

I personally would rather be paid a fair wage considering that I had far more skills to offer than other members of staff in the same roll.

With DLA Piper, it's simply a case of who you know. What clique you fall into. If you're the kind of person who has a great variety of talents relevant to the roll but are not as popular as others, you will find yourself being overlooked while others who may not work as hard, are treated to better pay rises, higher bonuses and more financial rewards.
Pros
Some good benefits.
Cons
Unfair pay system.
Catty Working Environment with no manager support
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 April 2018
Management care only for their manager and not their team, made to feel like everyone else is better than us so we just need to not raise any issues. Like being back at school and one team leader gave me advice 'sometimes you just need to be a little more two-faced'. Would never work there again. All the good people have seen sense and left now too.
work experience
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  london11 October 2017
firm had a good culture with trainee lawyers very happy and grateful to be there. As a work experience student my time at the firm was insightful as to the day to day undertakings of a solicitor.
Senior Learning and Development Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire10 October 2017
A busy law firm, that looks after it's people and is interested in their growth. A busy hard working culture. difficult building relationships world wide when you're not always able to travel. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
Global company
Cons
Travel involved
Grest company
Senior Secretary (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 September 2017
Good staff benefits. Great atmosphere. Good opportunities to advance. If you put the effort in, you'll be rewarded.

Lots of friendly staff and managers.
Pros
Well priced staff cafe
Good
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Leeds8 August 2017
Excellent working environment to work in; with friendly peers to converse with. This work placement provided me with key skills such as interpersonal skills, which one facilitate me in the future.
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 August 2017
very informitave and helpful to see the inner workings of a large, global law firm. i spent time in many departments thus was able to gain informationin a variety of areas
Loved it
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  London31 July 2017
I really enjoyed working there. Everyone was really kind to me and it was a great place to work. I got to learn a lot on the job and I'd love to work there again.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 July 2017
Having progressed through the firm as it grew, it was a good place to work.

A lot of the staff are loyal and have been there for a good number of years.
Do not wish to participate
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Austrralia15 June 2017
It is a fabulous place to work but it no longer exists. This is very unfortunate. You received free coffee, free snacks, free chocolate, free umbrellas
A good work experience programme
College Student (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 April 2017
DLA Piper helped me to gain skills that would be required in a legal career. Over the week that I was there we expanded on many skills including team work and problem solving
Enjoyable and Professional
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds15 March 2017
During working at DLA I immediately felt as if I was a part of a strong team. We were constantly busy when we were required to update technology of employees so the time i spent there was extremely productive.
Pros
free lunch, free travel, great team
Profesional
Credit Controller - Finance (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside3 February 2017
Busy, damanding, structured, task/target driven environment. Friendly atmosphere, stresfull at times. Rewarding, motivational, Demanding, Loyal
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Finance and Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield28 December 2016
Good place to work and good benefits. 35 hour week, 25 days holiday a year, good package.

The team of people are really nice too, no negatives really.
Interesting large scale projects
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  London30 November 2016
Work consists of a mix of planning law agreements and large scale significant infrastructure projects. A demanding role which on occasions does require late working. A friendly bunch of lawyers to work for who work and play hard. A rounded role that enables you to become fully involved enabling you to develop close working relationships with the team
Pros
scope to broaden skill set
Cons
long hours on occasions
Nice work place excellent benefits
Credit Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Liverpool19 November 2016
Friendly but fast paced environment. Excellent company to work for and opportunity to interact with people all over the world
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Target Driven
Harding working environment but also sociable
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Birmingham17 November 2016
Hard working environment. A sensible and mature approach to work is necessary. In my position I had to have a flexible approach to my work in order to be able to adapt to each department's needs and deadlines and often having adapt at short notice.
Pros
Free breakfast and bonuses
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield31 October 2016
Typical day at work, is non stop usually.
I have worked on new systems since I started here.

Have great friendship with my co-workers

The hardest part of the job will be having to leave in January 2017

I enjoy all parts of the job.
Pros
Friendliness of the staff
Cons
Nor being able to continue with the job I love
Average place to work
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Leeds26 October 2016
Good place to work, however towards the end the team was not managed well due to redunancies and lead to additional stress being caused to the whole team