Dixons Carphone Employee Review

View all Dixons Carphone reviews

Hideous environment & toxic management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire14 May 2019
Imagine being in an American high school, and you’re the one kid that gets picked on. Well, welcome to Currys PC World. Where the staff are refused breaks and managers pressure you in such an unreasonable way.

The expectations of staff are unrealistic and unreasonable, there’s a fine line between banter and a disciplinary meeting, which always bodes in favour of the management.

Discount and benefits are set to such a low standard, students get a better deal anywhere else. Lies are taught as law and numbers mean everything.

You’re not treated like people, you’re a number and an excel spreadsheet, but first you have to pay for the licensing 🤷🏼‍♂️.
Pros
Maccies across the road
Cons
Management, working hours, lack of sympathy

Other Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews

Felt sorry for management team
7.5 tonne driver (Former Employee) –  Belfast csc7 October 2019
I worked here briefly as a 7.5 tonne D and I driver. The depot where I worked (Belfast) is very well run and I could not have wished for a nicer bunch of guys to have as my colleagues and managers. The "41" hour contracted week is non existent and heres why.... The runs on the 'savvy' are planned across the water in England by people who have no knowledge of N.I. Hence, the planned routes are all over the place and keep you out until at least 6 or 7pm, sometimes a lot later. The way to rectify this is to let N.I. plot there own routes. Until this happens I feel the Belfast depot will have a continual plethora of drivers coming and going. I would gladly go back if the routing issue was rectified.
Pros
A happy place to work
Cons
Bad Route planning!
Official response from Dixons Carphone
8 October 2019

Thankyou for your review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed working within the CSC and alongside your management colleagues.

We understand that at times there can be challenges whilst working, and we'd always recommend speaking with your line manager about any issues so they are aware and can work to support you.

Best of luck with your next role

Dixons Carphone Careers Team

retail is always tiring
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London South East, Greater London2 October 2019
it can be tiring when having to work long hours and deal with difficult customers, however, I appreciate the discount. you always need to consider your target when selling products to ensure that the store meets its target.
Official response from Dixons Carphone
3 October 2019

Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review.

We are pleased you enjoy the perks such as colleague discount and have had the training to be able to provide great service and contribute to store targets.

We understand retail can be longer hours especially when your on your feet all day! But we hope working alongside your team and the benefits make it worth while.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8