Play YouTube video button

Dixons Carphone Employee Review

View all Dixons Carphone reviews

bad place to work
Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Galashiels18 October 2019
great banter but horrible expectations to sell goods
actively encouraged to lie to customers to get them to buy careplans
managers take all the credit for your hardwork
21 October 2019

We're concerned to hear your about experience as that doesn’t sound right at all. Please do get in touch so we can look into this.

Many thanks

Other Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews

Tough To Be Too Critical
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 November 2019
Overall Carphone Warehouse is a great place to work. Store manager is great senior manager however is far too big for his boots, takes his status for granted has little respect for store manager and also others. Apart from that KPI'S regarding insurance should be lowered and pressure shouldnt be put onto colleagues for insurance selling as it leads to mis-selling all other targets are reasonable and acceptable. All critics aside its can be a great place to work relaxed and keeps you busy furing peak.
20 November 2019

Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review.

We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your time at Dixons Carphone. We have invested in retail colleague training around customer service and the message is very clear to our colleagues that we responsibly offer credit options and services to customers.

Best of luck for your next role
Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Great if you don't have a life
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  North West19 November 2019
As above great if you don't have a life outside the 4 walls of the shop. Absolutely no work life balance. Pay is well under what the networks are paying. Bonus...whats that? The pittance that you do make is snatched from before you if something out of your control happens and the customer service survey is not apealable. Progression is about who you know not what you know or can do
20 November 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a response. We are sorry to hear about your experience.

As a current employee we'd recommend speaking to your line manager about issues with shifts, scheduling and your progression.
We have a retail management workplace group for new internal vacancies and encourage colleague to sign up for vacancy alerts on MyHUB so you can be the first to know about new opportunities.

We do understand that this is our busiest time of year and shifts do become busiest and longer in our retail stores (but we hope there's some fun in there too!). We thank every colleague for their hard work during this time.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.