Dixons Carphone Employee Review

View all Dixons Carphone reviews

Views from a new employee
Outbound Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Loughborough27 August 2019
Have been with CPW for over 3 months as an outbound sales advisor,
This was my first job in a call center sales role. and this is my opinions so far

Targets
Ok, so it's a sales role, I get it, targets are necessary to drive profits, but since ive been there every campaign i've worked on has seen a target increase across the board.
Targets unrealistic and often set to high. which leads to a very frustrating environment to work in.

very high turn over of people, in ways you are just a number to these guys. nearly impossible to get any time off without 3-4 months of notice. if you have 1 day sick you lose 10% of bonus and so on. its profits over customer satisfaction with these people.

Management hit and miss some are good some are bad, some very lazy, some proactive. to be expected in any job.

to summarise, i feel this company hasn't grasped that if you look after your employees your employees will look after the business.

I don't advise anybody to take up a job here in hopes of turning it into a career because these people won't value your potential at all. use it to gain experience.

that said, there are worse places out there to work. this environment may suit some people, and people do make a lot of money here. but if money isn't everything to you then I don't advise working for CPW
Official response from Dixons Carphone
28 August 2019

Thank you for your review. We value your review and we wanted to take a moment to respond to your points.

As you stated we appreciate that target-driven roles aren’t suited to everyone. However, the targets we set are to ensure the best possible service for our customers. To recognise the achievements of our colleagues, we do offer uncapped commission, as well as other regular office-based incentives.

We're sorry to hear you feel this way about management. We hold our management team to the upmost professional standards, and continue to develop colleague skills and knowledge to ensure everyone at work feels supported and valued.

We offer many opportunities across a range of roles and departments, whether that's on the sales floor or in the support team. We will continue to work hard to ensure we support all colleagues to achieve their own career aspirations. As a current employee if you'd like to progress then we'd recommend speaking to your line manager/mentor.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Other Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews

It was a nice and fun place
Senior UI Developer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 October 2019
- working with professionals
- higher management are open minded
- multiple technologies and projects
- working with sometimes highly optimistic deadlines
- it is a nice place to be working
Perfect for part time and day-to-day customer care
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  London20 October 2019
All the customer consultants are amazing people, dealing on a daily basis with customers developed me into a definitely more attentive person. Perfect for part-time
Official response from Dixons Carphone
21 October 2019

Thanks for your review and we're glad to hear you enjoyed your time working with us.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.