Dixons Carphone Employee Review

View all Dixons Carphone reviews

Hard work with little reward
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester21 January 2019
The bonus/commission structure is hard to achieve for even the best sales people.
There is little recognition/praise from senior leadership team.
Expected to work long hours and make huge personal sacrifices for the benefit of the company.
Complaints and concerns from colleagues are not taken seriously by HR team or senior leadership team.
Standard company benefits and discounts are good however, they are not as good as what they used to be. Discounts available on mobile phone tariff charges are attractive however long service awards have been massively reduced and demotivated the faithful colleagues who have stuck around for years.
There has been too much change within the business and there is no clear direction. Business plans are not trialled on a smaller scale before being rolled out company wide meaning a constant barrage of communications from head office about the way targets should be achieved.
Sales targets are often achieved by mis-selling which, although not encouraged by senior management, it is also not managed, meaning it seems acceptable to new starters and complaints about these methods are brushed under the carpet and not taken seriously.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No respect or reward for hard work

Other Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Team Knowhow Technical Support / Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey12 November 2019
Great team, opportunity for a lot of commission. Competitive environment which pushes people to perform and do well. A lot of changes happening within the company though, so regular training is a requirement which can be tedious.
Official response from Dixons Carphone
13 November 2019

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed working as part of Team Knowhow and felt there were opportunities to advance your learning and push yourself.

Thanks for leaving us a review
Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Great Place to Work
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames10 November 2019
Working at Dixons Carphone Warehouse was a great place to work to develop variety of my skills which i still use at a daily basis which has highly benefited my self-development.
Official response from Dixons Carphone
11 November 2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad to hear you enjoyed working at Dixons Carphone and learnt skills which you can take forward with you.

All the best,

Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.