Dixons Carphone Employee Review

View all Dixons Carphone reviews

Did not enjoy this job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire12 February 2018
Worked here for just under two years, the job is based around targets so be aware if this is the job that you are going into. Some of the targets are achieveable but you have to be 100% on your game 100% of the time, be ready to compete with your co workers because its all fair game. Found the processing of completeting a sale tedious and repetitve as there were a lot of steps before you could actually achieve a sale by which time the outdated system is probably timed out anyways! I didn't see enough of consistent management to make a fair judge on it, I saw in excess of 5/6 managers when I was there. Last straw for me was called into a displinary meeting based on a sale which wasn't even mine, no one noticed until I pointed out that the set of initials that we linked with the sale weren't even mine! No apology was made, laughed it off as a joke, this was the start of steady run down hill which lead me to just get out when I could.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
competitve enviroment, quick move around of staff, a lot of abuse from customers for things out of your control, outdated system, long winded processes

Other Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews

decent hours
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Warrington13 October 2019
This is a good place to work you get plenty of hours 40 per week or extra when overtime is available. The pay was also pretty generous as well and you could get extra money if you met your targets.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Job may change when contract changes
Official response from Dixons Carphone
14 October 2019

Thanks for leaving us a comment.

We're glad to hear you were pleased with the pay, bonuses and overtime available in Warrington contact centre.

Best of luck with your next move

Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Felt sorry for management team
7.5 tonne driver (Former Employee) –  Belfast csc7 October 2019
I worked here briefly as a 7.5 tonne D and I driver. The depot where I worked (Belfast) is very well run and I could not have wished for a nicer bunch of guys to have as my colleagues and managers. The "41" hour contracted week is non existent and heres why.... The runs on the 'savvy' are planned across the water in England by people who have no knowledge of N.I. Hence, the planned routes are all over the place and keep you out until at least 6 or 7pm, sometimes a lot later. The way to rectify this is to let N.I. plot there own routes. Until this happens I feel the Belfast depot will have a continual plethora of drivers coming and going. I would gladly go back if the routing issue was rectified.
Pros
A happy place to work
Cons
Bad Route planning!
Official response from Dixons Carphone
8 October 2019

Thankyou for your review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed working within the CSC and alongside your management colleagues.

We understand that at times there can be challenges whilst working, and we'd always recommend speaking with your line manager about any issues so they are aware and can work to support you.

Best of luck with your next role

Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8