Dixons Carphone Employee Review

View all Dixons Carphone reviews

Avoid
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire8 February 2019
Worst company ever! Does not give a flying **** about sales advisors. Management is assisting you with NOTHING and they avoid in any possible way to talk to customers. You are asked to hit unrealistic targets and asked to lie to customers in order to sell their insurance. Even ask you to discount the price of the item and tell the customer to cancel the insurance after a week so they can hit targets. Colleagues that are selling Home Broadbands without customer knowing and setting up direct debits for insurance without customer approval, are called HEROES OF THE DAY/WEEK even though management is aware how they are reaching those sales.

Management couldn’t care less about you and will ask you to do anything. Asked to do warehouse job as staff shortage with absolutely no training or equipment! You have to sell what the customer does not need. Good review from a customer that you really helped and saved from overspending is a disciplinary from management !

Bad. Stay away!

Other Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews

decent hours
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Warrington13 October 2019
This is a good place to work you get plenty of hours 40 per week or extra when overtime is available. The pay was also pretty generous as well and you could get extra money if you met your targets.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Job may change when contract changes
Official response from Dixons Carphone
14 October 2019

Thanks for leaving us a comment.

We're glad to hear you were pleased with the pay, bonuses and overtime available in Warrington contact centre.

Best of luck with your next move

Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Felt sorry for management team
7.5 tonne driver (Former Employee) –  Belfast csc7 October 2019
I worked here briefly as a 7.5 tonne D and I driver. The depot where I worked (Belfast) is very well run and I could not have wished for a nicer bunch of guys to have as my colleagues and managers. The "41" hour contracted week is non existent and heres why.... The runs on the 'savvy' are planned across the water in England by people who have no knowledge of N.I. Hence, the planned routes are all over the place and keep you out until at least 6 or 7pm, sometimes a lot later. The way to rectify this is to let N.I. plot there own routes. Until this happens I feel the Belfast depot will have a continual plethora of drivers coming and going. I would gladly go back if the routing issue was rectified.
Pros
A happy place to work
Cons
Bad Route planning!
Official response from Dixons Carphone
8 October 2019

Thankyou for your review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed working within the CSC and alongside your management colleagues.

We understand that at times there can be challenges whilst working, and we'd always recommend speaking with your line manager about any issues so they are aware and can work to support you.

Best of luck with your next role

Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8