Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Found 76 reviews matching the search See all 1,423 reviews
Featured review
Dixons Carphone selected this as a representative review
Plenty of progression Routes. If you want them
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea, Essex6 September 2019
Excellent place to work, 30 min lunch, you get to meet plenty of customers which can be a excellent experience or a nightmare depending on how you conduct yourself.

i'd say you really get a chance to show your personality in the job. and if you're willing to apply yourseld then progression is usually just an application away.

mangement are supportive in most stores and are willing to help you with personal goals and the higher management are approachable.

even the CEO team are there to listen to feedback at various confrences so your voice is heard if thats what you want.
Pros
progression is achievable
fast paced
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Petersfield, Hampshire22 March 2017
Typically fast paced and not a lot of time to sit down, alway's learning as the mobile industry is always changing new things are always being released.
Pros
discounts
Cons
sometimes no time for breaks as too busy
Sales Advisor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire20 March 2017
Great culture and friendly environment. Very good training and colleague support. Very nice opportunity to learn about latest technologies and customer service skills.
no progression doesn't care about its staff only targets
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cheetham Hill, Greater Manchester14 March 2017
No real incentives for its staff management is shocking constantly on your case for targets finding anyway to squeeze money out of it customers helped me alot with sales and being open with people and finding the needs for people other than that not a good place to work atall!
Awful Company
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent15 February 2017
Company expected three days consecutive training to take place in Birmingham away from my young family, after phoning the company and explaining due to anxiety I could not go without a family member they told me that was fine. After gaining another phone call to book the tickets I was then told they would not allow another person to go with me. They expect you to be fully flexible at all times to take shifts at an instant. They care more about sales targets and getting a 9 or 10 customer service rating than looking after customers. They focus all their energy on selling broadband and extras even if someone comes in just wanting a phone.
Cons
target driven, little care about colleagues, no care for those with diaabilities.
targets are too high
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire28 January 2017
the atmosphere felt like a Victorian work house,
the fun of selling has been taking out of the place the lunch breaks are a joke only half an hour and sometimes you don't have a chance for a break
Pros
work colllegues
My experience so far at Dixons Retail Group
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Derry20 January 2017
I currently work for the Currys sector in DRG and have enjoyed it a lot for the short time that I have been here, all of the staff have been very easy to get on with and the management is fantastic, they are very fair and understanding.

I was worried at the start as I was well informed in certain products but not all and I thought that would cause problems when it came to selling these particular good, however the team is excellent in providing help when it is needed and you have a free training convention shortly after you begin working at the company to ensure you understand the features of products which you may have been unsure about previously.
Pros
Free training seminar includes, free stay at hotel, free meals at convention, Great team atmosphere, good management.
Cons
Reaching targets can be stressful at times, especially during busy periods such as Christmas.
Awful place to work with awful management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth25 October 2016
I used to love my job, until I realised how hard hitting targets are. Customers don't always want antivirus, care plans and all that rubbish, but managers don't understand that. It gets to the point where people have illegally set up a direct debit for the customer without them knowing! If the place was a lot happier and targets were a lot less harsh, it would be a wonderful place to work.

I always put the customer first, but that makes me more at risk of losing my job. "Currys PC World, we start with you" Unfortunately we don't start with the customer, we start with the numbers and targets and that is not fair at all! Managers bully you into getting the numbers and its disgusting. Not enough pay either and for what we do, commission should be in place!
Pros
Some discounts
Cons
Managers
Very productive and a fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Blackburn20 August 2016
Responsibilities Everyday at Dixsons carphone was a different day, as a sales advisor my job role involved assisting the customers with the selection of products, alongside processing payments, also maintaing stock levels. And the maintenance and involvement of a high level of customer service. Accomplishments I worked alongside managers and other sales advisors I was also part of a team, this impact gave me a great deal of knowledge of the company and also of product knowledge. I gained a great deal of understanding of how the company operates. Skills Used A vital skill within this role is the ability to work with a customer's needs by applying and including good interpersonal skills and communication skills. I also demonstrated skills such as; * using computer applications * being responsible and trustworthy * being confident * using my own initiative * being a team player * getting along with everyone * being professional * being persuasive less. The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving goals and meeting the customers requirements, also to be yourself
Pros
Great support
Sink or swim
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  York2 August 2016
If you have worked elsewhere this may not be for you. Ideal place to learn about retail. Diverse group of staff, and managers. Career advancement opportunities depends on which store and department you work in.
Varied job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chippenham11 April 2016
Good company to work for and progressed well in time with company with a bit of encouragement. Lots of chance for days away to learn about specialty products.

Hard part was the travel personally at that time getting there on time due to public travel and when working up with white goods evenings were usually pretty quiet so could do cleaning and closing down tasks.

Could stay on occasionally to help change promotion posters/banners and was a good chance to earn some overtime but doesn't come up all the time.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
Amazing work place, Daily people interactions and dealings.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London11 April 2016
My usual day at Dixon Retail consists of meet and greet people from different fields of life. My main job is to assist all our respected customers for buying the right products according to their needs. I try to find best deals for the customers and make sure every one left the store with happiness. I have great bonding with my co- workers, we all work together with great harmony and helping hand in a team.Hardest part of the job is when we are unable to serve each and every customer during weekends and busy times. I enjoy meeting people and serve them by full heart, gives me real happiness.
Pros
Products at discount rates
Cons
overtime payments not on time
Good
Sales Advisor/B2B/Apple Rep (Current Employee) –  Catford, ENG19 September 2015
Good company to work for when your in college or university. i loved every minute i worked there. i always recommend for students and graduates to get some customer service experience
Pros
Nice Collegues
Cons
n/a
Great
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  SCT1 September 2015
The work enviromet was very good, very flexible with shifts and offered more work if i wanted. Busy which kept you on your feet all day.
Busy but rewarding job
CSA/Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield21 July 2015
Dixons is a busy but rewarding place to work. The contact centre is always busy but you will feel that you've accomplished something when you've helped your customers There's good rewards for good performance. This is a good company to work for
Shop floor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG4 April 2015
Promoting mobile networks
Contract and pay as you go
Meeting and greeting customers
Customer service
Keeping area tidy
Selling and promoting mobile broadband
Pros
Training provided
Cons
Temporary
Horrible place to work
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire14 March 2015
After working at the Hertfordshire store for over a year I left as soon as possible. The atmosphere in the store is horrible, the mangers are rude towards you, it's mostly male colleagues so if your female you will be stuck on a till all day and continually spoken down too. Continually moaned at for not selling customers added on insurance they don't want. i wouldn't recommend working here to anyone.
Decent employer
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, ENG2 March 2015
Hours still allow you to have a life and the rewards you reap through bonus are pleasant. However, the job doesn't have the best security as there is lots of red tape to try and catch the genuine people out, eg audits listen to calls in order to try and find a problem with your call. Most managers are great people, but one manager who holds his position through friendship is a horrible man who also does not help with your job security. The nature of the job is reasonable, not something you would want to do for life at that level, but has a potential to be a great stepping stone to management with another company.
insightful
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Loughborough5 February 2015
• Proficient in completing the sales process. Knowledge of products and services to increase sales and meet sales targets. Contact customers and answer their queries and also attend product presentations and training sessions to keep up to date on internal developments.
A fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  East Kilbride, SCT15 January 2015
Involves talking to customers, establishing their needs and creating a solution that suits them. The company encourages you to learn about current and upcoming technology in order to relay this information to the customer.
Absolute shambles
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Hastings & Eastbourne7 December 2014
After being made redundant by phones 4u I thought cpw offering me a job was an absolute god send. How wrong was I. Once I finally began working for them - I was sent to one store and told I shouldn't be there, they had no record of me whatsoever. I was told I should be in another store which I went to & was again told the same thing. I worked there but earnt commision for other staff members, my hours were not submitted & I was treated appallingly by the manager who eventually told me 'not to come back' as 'there were no hours for me'. I was then told to go back to the previous store but nobody contacted me. After having to contact HR on a daily basis & never had my calls returned I was told to go back to my original store only to be ignored by every member of staff. I have now left but have not been paid over a months wage! Most stressful time of my life. Completely unorganised company. Do not work for them!
Pros
Cons
Unorganised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.

Dixons Carphone Reviews by Location