Dixons Carphone

Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative227 reviews
United Kingdom227 reviews
The Job Role was Very Challenging we came across a lot of obstacles during calls. These where all handed very professionally also the managers do a great job.
2 June 2020
That’s great to hear, really pleased you feel that way. Thank you for your feedback,

Best of luck,

Many Thanks,

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
Customers are absolutely awful... Make you cry when your trying to help them... Its a shame because I had regular elderly customers who I loved to see and they felt like family, these few people were the only exceptions... Far too many entitled people in the world.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Customers, not alot of help from managers, no help with mental health
13 July 2020
We are sorry to hear that you felt this way.

All our colleagues have access to a free, 24-hour confidential telephone helpline under our Employee Assistance Programme to discuss anything that may be on their mind.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
Easy job to get. You can have literally no knowledge of technology here and get the job.
Management are terrible, bullies, vile, entitled and slobs.

They really do push staff to the absolute limits. No proper overtime. Contract hours mean nothing to them, corrupt people pushing horrible sales and not even a thanks for helping to a ton of unpaid, jnderstaffed overtime 24/7!
2 June 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a response. We’re sorry to hear you feel this way. We wanted to reply to some of the comments you’ve made.

Our company encourages an open and honest working environment between line managers and colleagues.

We ensure our line managers have access to management training guides to support their growth

Regarding hours, we appreciate what you’re saying but as a retail business, it’s very important that we are there when our customers need us to be – whether that’s visiting a shop, receiving a delivery or calling us.

We are here to help our customers enjoy amazing technology and have been investing lots in staff training.

We encourage our colleagues to have an open conversation with their line manager / HR to solve problems.

Many Thanks

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
was with Carphone Warehouse for nearly 18yrs loved the people and the job. Learnt valuable customer service skills made some great friends and trained with the best in mobile communications. If it wasn't for store closures would still be there now.
2 June 2020
That’s great to hear, really pleased you feel that way.

Best of luck for your future career.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
They don't care about you just a number all about targets Team leaders constantly on your back about hitting targets and they let you go if you don't get enough customer email addresses.or sell enough insurance policies even if the customer doesn't want it don't matter to company they just want them sold
2 June 2020
Sorry you have had this experience.

We would encourage you to get in touch so we can investigate this.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
I got the interview which went really well, to be told they would contact me with a date for me to go into store and spend a day there to see how I got on. Over 12 months later and I have still heard nothing from them at all !! If this is how this company operates then I had a lucky escape as I do not wish to work for such unprofessional people.
Pros
Cons
No Communications !
5 June 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a response. Candidate and colleague experience is something we really value as an organisation and we are sorry that you have had this experience when applying to join us.

Best wishes,

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
Fast and competitive place to work, good level of training given to new staff and progression within the company if desired. friendly atmosphere as well
2 June 2020
That’s great to hear, really pleased you feel that way.

Best of luck for your future career.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
This is a great place to work but like all places it has it’s flaws. They measure a lot to do with calls which I feel could be eased on slightly. Other than that it’s great.
Pros
Great pay for the job you do.
Cons
Tight on the targets
good company to work for wages not the best doesn't equip you to take your skills on to another company as none of your skills are accredited by the company in any way very hard to transfer these skills on to paper for another company to recognise and deem you worthy of interview so be wary of these when applying

management can be goood at times
Helpful management team. Clear protocols and procedures followed by everyone. Safe work environment with on-site canteen. Overall good place to work. Plenty of support.
Great for anyone wanting to develop customer service skills, alongside sales. Great interaction with management team. But requires time for progression.
28 January 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review, we are glad to hear you're developing your skill set.
Did you know progression doesn't just need to be within store? We also have opportunities in Acton our support centre and across our Supply Chain network.

Friendly staff helping customers
chosen the right software and hardware given to the right customers at the store it was a nice environment repairing laptops and PC other tools and dealing with calls- customer services department.
The job is in a call centre on the phones dealing with (mostly) unhappy customers so it's never going to be the most fun of jobs. The people there keep you going. The management are of mixed competence with some of them fantastic but a few of them are useless and/or unapproachable. The support team are ok and do their best to engage with colleagues but don't always get it right. On the whole, a decent job but not something you'll want to do forever.
31 January 2020
Thanks a lot for your comments. We appreciate that you've taken the time to leave this review and we are pleased to hear that you enjoy working with your team.

We'd encourage colleagues to have an open conversation with their line manager to solve any problems if they arise.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
This role was stressful and depressing the management for each team are unwilling to help when having aggressive calls and when the customer that called in was overly aggressive and you had to disconnect the call then you would get into trouble even though their was no back up or support from management
Stressful But great colleagues, you have to arrive for you shift 30 minutes early. the tech used us outdated. management is quite hit and miss. Pay is very competitive
even though you make great friends, Currys is a stressful place and you are required to work long hours. you hardly have any time with your family, especially with the working hours in the week, over holiday seasons and working weekends.
A decently relaxed environment, a friendly team and a reasonable pressure about reaching target. Unfortunately, living wage is SO NOT ENOUGH if you work in Central London...
23 December 2019
Thanks for leaving us a comment.

We are glad you enjoyed working with DC. We do pay our Sales Colleagues above national living wage and there are multiple opportunities to progress across the whole company which would lead to an increase in salary and benefits.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
Training paints a perfect picture and the difference from the job is phenomenal. Out of 15 new starters in our training group we have less than 6 remaining since we began and this is after 3 months
20 December 2019
Thanks for leaving us a comment and we are sorry to hear you feel this way.

We always encourage an open and honest working environment between colleagues and line managers so that we can continue to make our business a better place to work for all our colleagues.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
Working long hours at weekends. Management is if your face fits. Bonus and overtime were fantastic. Moving up the ladder not so great. Always having to rush customers has you were marked on the length of your calls.
9 December 2019
Thanks for leaving us a comment.

We are glad to hear you were happy with the pay and overtime benefits.

We want to be a company that celebrates capable colleagues and helps them achieve their best, whatever their goals, we want colleagues to be able to develop themselves and progress their careers. Managers should complete twice yearly structured development reviews with all colleagues to talk openly about progression routes and opportunities across the whole company.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
The training course was enough for me to know exactly what is wrong with this company. Firstly, a member of my group was dismissed for asking for time off for additional cancer treatment!
The actual training itself was ridiculous. The company IT systems were not ready for use meaning the entire six week training was done with no idea how to use the systems. Instead the trainers kept trying to find activities to do (Drawing animals and making building from clothes pegs) to fill the time. The actual girls running the training seemed to have come straight from primary school teaching judging by the way they spoke to people including after running out of training material, asking us to sit in silence for twenty minutes until 5pm and going home time. I left the building checking the car park to see if my mum was picking me up! After training everyone was dumped onto the phones and asked to pick up the systems (8 separate outdated programmes) on our own. Eventually I left after having a manager pull me up for advising a customer of their legal rights when they made a complaint. By the time I left within 3 months of starting the vast majority of my training group had already walked.
2 December 2019
Sorry to hear about your experience.

We want to ensure all our colleagues have the support they need before they get on the phones so invest in 6weeks of training to set them up for success.

Where do I start?

Management bad mouth people in the offices behind peoples back then are nice as pie to peoples faces. People are leaving left, right and centre due to how this store is being ran.

The store manager is a narcissistic person, who currently has 'the team that she deserves' - Well done there. She has her favourites, and boy can you tell.

You're not allowed to wear Currys jackets on the shop floor because the store manager thinks they look "untidy". So staff are walking around freezing just because the GM is a control freak who occasionally wears fleeces herself.

I'm always having to remind my line manager that I need certain days off due to childcare arrangements. This leaves me with uncertainty as I'm always having to check to make sure rotas are correct and in line with my availability.

Every AM are up the GMs **bleep** in fear of loosing their 'teachers pet' hat. It's so cringeworthy, you really need to see for yourselves.

It's just an absolute miserable place to work. They hold feedback meetings once a year and all the GM does is talk all the way through, it's called a "listening group' for a reason.

Just an unbearable place to work, and all you get is "leave!".

Well I have.

*drops microphone*
28 November 2019
We are sorry to hear about your experience.

I have passed on your comments to the management team.

Best of luck with your next role