Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

awfull
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield16 July 2019
poor and lazy first line managers make this place the worst. The managers will do everything to avoid taking an escalated call even when the customer as insisted. If you are good at sucking up to the managers you may stand a chance as they seem to have there favourites. The job itself is ok but using out of date systems and computers makes it harder. Pay is not bad if you get paid correctly for the overtime you put in.Could be ok if the managers did there jobs instead of sitting on the comandor desk chatting and belittling people who dare to ask for help. I personally didn't even bother asking rather would make a mistake than have to dare ask for support but did witness staff getting spike to like they were 3 years old . New management needed.
Pros
pay
Cons
managers
Not good experience
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire11 July 2019
Not a happy place to work. Systems frequently crash, you are timed for everything even a toilet break. Everyone unhappy and demoralised. No managerment support.
do not care about their staff
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire17 May 2019
not interested in the health of their staff. just see number and errors . all sorts of obstacles to go through o get bonuses and promotion. not a caring employers
Beyond Awful!! - Avoud like the Plague!
Inbound Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington28 April 2019
i worked here for over two years and was treated like a number!

First and formost before i go on i will say if you ever see a job advetisement for this "Company" please just keep scrolling, you will thank me later!

Shifts were constantly changing without warning, sometimes you would come in for a early shift (8 - 4:30) To be told your doing a late (11:30 - 8) simply because they got the numbers mixed up due to thier own personal error, if you tried to challange this in the smallest way, they would instantly threaten you with disaplinery action for no fault of your own.

Training was extremely poor, you are given "classroom" training where you just sit and watch Powerpoints for two weeks and do around 2 call listening sessions in that whole time in which you listen to about one call at best, there is no system training either and the second your on "Launch pad" you were expecting to know every in and out of the job! and even then you were given little to no coaching,

You were then just thrown to your team without any further support and if you did make a error after this, you were told that we "should have listened harder"

The amount of system issues is a day to day occurance which your never surprised at, if it was a problem with the calls dropping, it was the systems constantly crashing in front of you for no reason and you were never given a time frame other than "its fixed when its fixed" and then told to not ask again.

Bonus was beyond disgusting which was around £130 a month extra which you had a stupid amount of KPI'S to hit before you even get
  more... a look in in one month i ended up loosing bonus due to one slight error on a single call which i was repromanded for.

90% of the managers are extrernally sourced and dont have a clue about the job role or the computer systems you use, to the point where they atcually end up coming to the regular call floor agents for help on even how to just simply log in!,

The Customer service managers are even worse, they sit and do nothing all day, and never stay past 3pm and never work a weekend. i once asked for compasionate leave due to a family member going through a major operation and was promised this as compansate leave and on the day was rang up by them, screaming at me to get into work as i have gone AWOL,

Breaks and Lunches are never set, there is a system in place to tell you when you should go but the second you go live from day 1 your told that you will be told when to go by managers, in one instance i was sent on my last break 15 minutes before the end of my shift.

there is also a huge demand for Overtime due to the shortness in staff, where your forced to work 12 hour shifts and even when they offer it as "Double time" its either never paid correctly or not paid whats so ever with out no follow up and they just complelty forget about it.

The Staff turnover is beyond high to the point where i went away on annual leave for a single week and came back to half the call centre had either been sacked or walked out!

Trying to move up in the company is never enough impossible, they set you Targets to hit and once you hit and "Prove yourself" to managers, they will instantly turn you away and say the position has been filled.

i would never reccomended this as a place to work as your treated disgustingly!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Everything!
Corrupt and Horrid Place.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire6 December 2018
Okay so at first glance, and in training everything seems alright. Pay is great and there are good insentives.

The good parts end there.

You quickly realise that after training, you know actually nothing about the job and have to go theough countless mistakes and annoyed customers before you even remotely get this right.

You're always told that you aren't there to take abuse. That is a lie. Managers will make you take abuse as much as they please as long as it means they get out of a call.

As many reviews also mention here, half of them have no idea what they are doing. They take the absolute mick all the time, never on the floor or available when needed and never truly help with any of the issues.

Half of the customers that come through, you can fully understand their frustration but it doesn't matter what you think, because the money is all this company cares about. There is no real 'customer service' as they couldn't care less what their issue is, and then you end up being the one taking the brunt for an issue that you're on the side of the customer with due to the sheer corruption.

The hours are long and hard around peak time, with absolutely no leeway. Expect to work 6, 10 hour days at least every other week. And 5, 10 hour days on the other.

Not to mention, they days you work change every week, leaving no room for plans, and you have ABSOLUTELY NO SAY in this, they do not care about your life outside the workplace.

Also big one: If you have health issues and are prone to sick days, do not even remotely bother. Mental health or physical you will
  more... be one of the first to be kicked off regardless of the amount of work you try to put back in to make up for it.

Oh however if the manager's take about 3 weeks off at a time due to sickness and go home early, or simply not put in any team building time that's perfectly fine, of course(!)

All in all, save yourself the months, and just go anywhere else because you will be used and torn down like you wouldn't believe, and they couldn't care less.
Pros
Wage, Free Parking (after 2 months.)
Cons
Management, No Job Fulfilment, Long Hours, Lies, Inadequate Training
Awful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire21 October 2018
Awful place to work. The management take the mickey out of everyone they don’t like and they also don’t do their jobs properly. Treat everyone like fools and constantly lie.
Pros
Cons
Horrid pay, horrid managers, have to pay extortionate prices for food
Do not work for this company
Temporary Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield18 September 2018
Dixon's Carphone treat you really bad your just another person to them the managers don't care about you, there's no career progression at all, you get treated really bad
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad company
Worst place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Enfield Highway2 June 2018
Been here nearly 2 year working front of house and customer service. If your good at your job you get all the bad customer and all the work the mangers don't want to do. I've been promised a team leader role but still waiting.

Manger are a joke half of them got promoted but don't know what there doing. If your a favourite of management then your okay can get away with bullying and not doing your job.

Every month I would get underpaid or manager changing my shift at the last minute.

However my team I work with are amazing and are the only thing that got me through my long shift
Pros
Amazing team, cigarette breaks
Cons
Long hour, no appreciation, manager are a joke, no paid lunch
The most disconnected tech company
Sales Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 May 2018
Very target focused, no matter your job role you are required to sell insurance and add-ons such as £120 office software or £80 McAfee anti-virus while also getting the customers email for marketing. Job offers long hours, no advancment, low pay and targets on everything.
Pros
10% discount you can only use in person.
Cons
Targeted addon sales, low wage, little to no advancment
Stressful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 February 2018
Shift patterns vary on a daily basis. Training is good. Management can be very bad dependant on your team leader. The hardest part of the job is trying to hit the small targets.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Shift patterns and management
Worst place ever
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire18 February 2018
No communication, couldn't give a hoot about customers, stupid shift patterns and much more, oh not to mention stupid targets, management don't value staff at all.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Very long hours
great people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newport29 January 2018
I had the opportunity to work with such amazing people would have stayed there a lot longer if the pay was good. The bonus scheme they had in place was great, but the hourly rate should be a lot higher considering the amount of work you do. They ask a lot of you for a small amount an hour. The team I worked with were very hardworking and deserve a lot more than what they get paid now. The job is perfect for when you need experience, after working in Curry's you can literary work any where in the retail industry.

I worked there for more than 2 years and in that time not a single person in the whole store got a pay raise or a promotion. There was very little room for growth in that store. Overall I enjoyed working there, I would definitely work there again, but not anytime soon.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay
Poor
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire23 January 2018
Worse interview I have ever had and there was no respect. It felt like an interrogation. I thought I would ignore the negative feedback on here but it really is a horrible atmosphere and definitely worth avoiding I walked out of interview as I already have a job that I would not give up for this!
Pros
Cons
No respect
Call centres are not for everyone.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire6 September 2017
To start, I would be remiss in not acknowledging my own bias regarding the company through my experiences at the Sheffield contact centre. Ultimately, I found the job quite stressful, which was the key factor that prompted me to leave. At the same time, I was not fully aware of much stress I was under for a considerable length of time, which will likely have coloured my perspective on a great many things.

For most people in the contact centre, handling calls is the core of every day; taking calls from customers with questions or complaints. Human nature being what it is, the latter tend to be more memorable. My own position within the correspondence team meant I was typically dealing with emails or letters instead of phone calls; less immediate pressure from the customers, more pressure from management to obtain productivity.

Shifts varied considerably depending on the department and, with the scheduling system that had been brought in towards the end of my time there, often by person as well. To the point that in most cases, very few colleagues felt that their shifts routinely made sense, especially at the busiest times of the year. Be aware that shifts will also either be flex or annualised hours, depending on the contract, and that the control of that lies firmly with the company not the individual.

In terms of culture, the direction senior management (certainly including the director of the contact centre and leadership of the larger company as a whole) were attempting to go was something I could get behind. The practical implications often left quite a big gap,
  more... once again especially at the busiest times of the year.

Since I've mentioned it several time, I should also point out that given this is customer service for the retail sector, the peak period is Christmas. Given the general success of the business, the contact centre frequently struggled to cope with the volume of contacts, whether by telephone or email.

On the positive side, there is an on site coffee bar and restaurant. Not perfect, but a lot better than many of the alternatives and the staff there were always helpful.

Also, the salary potential in the role meant it would be hard to find another job that paid better for the same role, especially at the "specialist" or "expert" level. The catch being you needed to get the progression within the department to get there, which sometimes seemed to depend on how effective your own team leader was at influencing senior management or even at bending the rules.

Throw in wrestling with outdated computer systems, the general lack of available seating at peak (while also not having anywhere near enough people to deal with all contacts received) and (due to the number of people working there) the almost inevitable possibility that there will be people with whom you don't get on, including some managers... it's certainly not an environment that everyone could thrive in.
Pros
High salary potential
Cons
Call centre and everything that goes with it
Needs to sort the way it treats staff in every single way.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire30 June 2017
The company is a joke. Management is based on a 'friendship circle'. If your not in that select group of friends then your pretty much done for. Baring in mind this friendship is an outside of work thing too.

only a few words to describe the overall place.... utter joke.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
bad place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 April 2017
guys, the managers do not coach or develop you. you will get the commander ringing you non stop for call avoiding. its shocking to work here. plus the hours are long. and you get taxed a lot!
Pros
Cons
hours are long and managers are terrible!
Good
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Warrington13 November 2016
Dixons Carphone in Insurance is a good easy job with decent salary, i enjoy working here. The people are friendly and the management are very good.
one of the worst places to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth22 September 2016
The work and moral standards of this company are disgusting. Starting from shift patterns of over 8 hours with 30 min break, to harassment and bullying, to fraudulent transactions. MANAGEMENT DON´T CARE ABOUT EMPLOYEES. They only care about money, money and more money. Until they realize that sales and customer services advisors are the ones that make this company a 2 billion pound company and start treating them with respect, I´ll never recommend this to anyone looking for a job.
Pros
you get to make some good friends, pays the bills
Cons
don´t have enough space to list them all
Productive & fun place to work.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield2 August 2016
I have worked for Currys & PC World for nearly 4 years and in that time i have been able to advance my Technology skills & excel with my customer service skills.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington9 May 2016
Worked in call centres for years and lasted 4 months here. Morale is low, turnover is high, management are megalomaniacs.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Made bonus unachievable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8