Play YouTube video button

Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews for Customer Consultant in Manchester

Found 3 reviews matching the search See all 1,462 reviews
Featured review
Dixons Carphone selected this as a representative review
Plenty of progression Routes. If you want them
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea, Essex6 September 2019
Excellent place to work, 30 min lunch, you get to meet plenty of customers which can be a excellent experience or a nightmare depending on how you conduct yourself.

i'd say you really get a chance to show your personality in the job. and if you're willing to apply yourseld then progression is usually just an application away.

mangement are supportive in most stores and are willing to help you with personal goals and the higher management are approachable.

even the CEO team are there to listen to feedback at various confrences so your voice is heard if thats what you want.
Pros
progression is achievable
productive and fun workplace
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  manchester7 November 2016
carphone is the best company I have worked for at the moment as they make work fun and productive. they had help me gain many different skills and experiences.
Poor work-life balance
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG2 July 2015
I worked in two shops; the first was in Wales and the second was in Manchester.

In the former, a typical day was relatively varied, between sales, customer first contact, shop cleanliness etc and paperwork. This was quite similar in the latter store, although the space was used a lot better.

The latter was a positive place of work; the former was not. The senior colleagues there did not get along; the impact on the rest of us was that there was much sniping; management was rather self-centred and at times unfair in his expectations (e.g. I was forced to come in on a day where I had called in sick).

I moved from there to Princess Road as soon as I could (although I still experienced a great deal of unnecessary and personal resistance from the manager about this).

Princess Road was more relaxed - ultimately it was a quieter store. I had a great rapport with the manager of the time, and most things had a more positive outlook.

However as time wore on I was given a lot of responsibility, which in of itself was not a problem; I seemed to have no respect regarding my personal life - often shifts were only given to me *the day before* they occurred. This of course meant I could not plan any holidays or social engagements *just in case* I was called in to work the next day (this was the one thing I missed from the previous store - rota manager was great at getting you what shifts you needed off with notice, and you generally knew what you were doing a week or two in advance).

Finally, the reason I left the company was that I was told I had to "Manage" the latter Store,
  more... on my own, for 3 weeks, when really a manager should have stepped in, even if it were from a different region!
The only benefits I saw from this was the ability to put it on my CV for future roles. I *did not* receive any remuneration for this AT ALL. Needless to say, I am unhappy about this, and will be taking it further.

Overall, any prospects of a good work-life balance was trampled into dust within a couple of months; my intelligence and abilities were not used to its fullest extent, despite my attempts to move to a different area of the company.

I understand that with thousands of colleagues to answer for, it is difficult to be motivated when your rights as an employee are overlooked in the name of margin and profits
Pros
discounts on selected items; private health insurance
Cons
lack of respect between colleagues (between all channels and all levels), lack of recognition when we are seen to do something positive which is not to do with profits
day at work
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG18 July 2014
we are required to work as a team towards targets and deliver a world class service, making sure all our customers are happy and satisfied with their purchase. we have to make sure the customer leaves the store with the right handset and right tariff that is suitable for the customer, we do this by using pinpoint. besides that everyone has individual responsibilities such as stock count, banking, cfc tasks, managing WCSS and everyone in store is a key holder.