Play YouTube video button

Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews in Warrington

Found 39 reviews matching the search See all 1,462 reviews
Featured review
Dixons Carphone selected this as a representative review
Plenty of progression Routes. If you want them
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea, Essex6 September 2019
Excellent place to work, 30 min lunch, you get to meet plenty of customers which can be a excellent experience or a nightmare depending on how you conduct yourself.

i'd say you really get a chance to show your personality in the job. and if you're willing to apply yourseld then progression is usually just an application away.

mangement are supportive in most stores and are willing to help you with personal goals and the higher management are approachable.

even the CEO team are there to listen to feedback at various confrences so your voice is heard if thats what you want.
Pros
progression is achievable
Fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington13 November 2019
Was a fun workplace but due to management i wouldnt recommend it to friends or family due to this, wasnt able to progress and they recently lost the contract
15 November 2019

Thanks for leaving us a comment.

We are sorry to hear about your experience with management. We'd always encourage an open and honest working environment with line managers to resolve any issues.

Many thanks
Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Great company to work for
Contact Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrington4 November 2019
Career progression and development was key in this role and they really invest and support in people to ensure continue to build in career. Great people to work with
11 November 2019

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time working in Warrington contact centre and wish you all the best with your next career move.

Many thanks

Awful
Quality Assurance Executive (Former Employee) –  Warrington2 November 2019
Working hours were not to bad depending upon which department you worked in. However management are bullies and would say that unless you opened up within the team, your secondment would end. I'm not sure how you could say this to somebody that is generally a quiet person anyway. Then pick on every little thing that you do and threaten to take your bonus away for nothing.

This is a place for clicks, if you are in with the right people, you will have no issues in succeeding within your role. It was full of people having affairs, people talking behind others back. Generally a place where I would not want to work again.
11 November 2019

Thanks for leaving us a comment and we're sorry to hear you feel this way.

We'd always encourage open and honest communication between colleagues and their line managers, mentors or HR to resolves issues first time.

Best of luck with your next role

decent hours
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Warrington13 October 2019
This is a good place to work you get plenty of hours 40 per week or extra when overtime is available. The pay was also pretty generous as well and you could get extra money if you met your targets.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Job may change when contract changes
14 October 2019

Thanks for leaving us a comment.

We're glad to hear you were pleased with the pay, bonuses and overtime available in Warrington contact centre.

Best of luck with your next move

Amazing
Conduct Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Warrington20 September 2019
An amazing place to work, never been so happy. Have done two positions within the business now and loved both. You are a person not a number, support is always available and people are just so nice. Highly recommend.
23 September 2019

Thankyou for leaving us a comment and we are really pleased to hear you are enjoying you role and have had the opportunity to progress.

We wish you the best of luck with your continued career here with us at Dixons Carphone.

Carphone Warehouse
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Warrington31 August 2019
Carphone Warehouse is a brilliant company to work for. Good rates of pay and sales targets are achievable. Also offer good company benefits. Very accommodating on hours if you have children
A company on the up
Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Warrington11 August 2019
Carephone warehouse has been a company with difficulties at the moment with current retail climate.

the company are aware of this and are on fast track to change, it's this understanding that the company will still be around
Good
Insurance Claim's Adviser (Current Employee) –  Warrington30 April 2019
This is a good and friendly working place and adapt to suit you needs and lovely people to work with. I enjoy coming to work each day as it's a good environment to be around. I earned £15668 a Year. The management is very good and trin on area's need to develop. The hardest part is coming face to face not done before. I enjoy the people that work their
Beyond Awful!! - Avoud like the Plague!
Inbound Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington28 April 2019
i worked here for over two years and was treated like a number!

First and formost before i go on i will say if you ever see a job advetisement for this "Company" please just keep scrolling, you will thank me later!

Shifts were constantly changing without warning, sometimes you would come in for a early shift (8 - 4:30) To be told your doing a late (11:30 - 8) simply because they got the numbers mixed up due to thier own personal error, if you tried to challange this in the smallest way, they would instantly threaten you with disaplinery action for no fault of your own.

Training was extremely poor, you are given "classroom" training where you just sit and watch Powerpoints for two weeks and do around 2 call listening sessions in that whole time in which you listen to about one call at best, there is no system training either and the second your on "Launch pad" you were expecting to know every in and out of the job! and even then you were given little to no coaching,

You were then just thrown to your team without any further support and if you did make a error after this, you were told that we "should have listened harder"

The amount of system issues is a day to day occurance which your never surprised at, if it was a problem with the calls dropping, it was the systems constantly crashing in front of you for no reason and you were never given a time frame other than "its fixed when its fixed" and then told to not ask again.

Bonus was beyond disgusting which was around £130 a month extra which you had a stupid amount of KPI'S to hit before you even get
  more... a look in in one month i ended up loosing bonus due to one slight error on a single call which i was repromanded for.

90% of the managers are extrernally sourced and dont have a clue about the job role or the computer systems you use, to the point where they atcually end up coming to the regular call floor agents for help on even how to just simply log in!,

The Customer service managers are even worse, they sit and do nothing all day, and never stay past 3pm and never work a weekend. i once asked for compasionate leave due to a family member going through a major operation and was promised this as compansate leave and on the day was rang up by them, screaming at me to get into work as i have gone AWOL,

Breaks and Lunches are never set, there is a system in place to tell you when you should go but the second you go live from day 1 your told that you will be told when to go by managers, in one instance i was sent on my last break 15 minutes before the end of my shift.

there is also a huge demand for Overtime due to the shortness in staff, where your forced to work 12 hour shifts and even when they offer it as "Double time" its either never paid correctly or not paid whats so ever with out no follow up and they just complelty forget about it.

The Staff turnover is beyond high to the point where i went away on annual leave for a single week and came back to half the call centre had either been sacked or walked out!

Trying to move up in the company is never enough impossible, they set you Targets to hit and once you hit and "Prove yourself" to managers, they will instantly turn you away and say the position has been filled.

i would never reccomended this as a place to work as your treated disgustingly!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Everything!
Poorly ran call centre
Claims Investigator (Former Employee) –  Warrington18 April 2019
Work is often fun and is what you main it, its insurance based sales, claim processing and investigation for the most part.

Learned some new skills but gave more as an investigator than received as assisting the CS teams becomes frequent.

Culture is horrific, very much a case of your face fits or doesn't. Typical call centre plague, once higher management is removed, may be fixed.

No hard part of the job, targets for bonus were frustrating as would change weekly, remain inconsistent, and would often lose bonus for having one simple colloquialism used in a call.

The job was great, colleagues are always good fun to work with. But structure seems to have a low standard due some individuals that were quickly promoted and poorly trained and no experience for the position.
Pros
Phone contract, canteen
Cons
just so many..
Fun
Fanatical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire11 February 2019
Ran my team how I wanted and ensured correct KPI's was meet. Coached and developed my team and supported them if correct results for the business was being met
Pros
Responsibility
Cons
Challanging Targets
productive
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire3 September 2018
the carphone warehouse insurance department is a good and friendly place to work. they provide you with good training and still very supportive after you have finished training.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire29 December 2017
Was a fun work place and was also a easy place to make money as you could reach your goals and get a bonus, I would of continued with the job only I moved abroad for a fresh start, I really enjoyed his job and my team was very friendly
Pros
Holidays
Productive Workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire11 December 2017
A typical day includes general customer support and relations while driving sales and managing stock. The management varies per branch but is mostly supportive and quite laid back.
Pros
Self motivated environment
Cons
Pay
Busy busy busy
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington3 October 2017
Every day is a busy day. As far as customer service jobs go this is a good one and there are lots of staff perks to be had if you work hard. The only thing that didn't work for me is the time table (late hours and no transport to get back home).
Demanding
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington31 July 2017
This job role is too demanding for the average human being, the pressure that you get from the management team is too much for anyone to bear and this is the reason I felt obligated to leave this company which was a shame because my team became some of my great friends.
Pretty Bad...
Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire25 May 2017
A typical day at work was fantastic, the job was brilliant. I can honestly say that it was a lot of fun and my colleagues (and even my manager) was great. However the exhaustingly pitiful higher tiered managers leave much to be desired for the organisation. turning what could be a fantasitc business into what feels like a barely above water business. With a high staff turnover relating closely to a flipped coin in a game of heads or tales you will see both good and bad people come in and out of the business on a daily basis.

Learning internal systems and processes is always something you have to get used to in a new business so there was nothing to worry about here. Quality was quite hard to maintain based on inconsistencies with the quality assurance team and changes that were not cascaded within the business.

Handling customers is always fun,
Pros
Few
Cons
Many
No Advancement for colleagues
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire6 April 2017
This company has done a lot for me in the 9 years i have worked there but there are so many holes and issues. Becoming more apparent all the time.

Targets and KPI's are increasing month on month, not from head office but from unrealistic expectations of in store management. Progression is none existent, i have worked here for 9 years, done every job role in the store bar management. Just side step followed by side step.

All progression roles are stagnated by colleagues who have no desire to progress any further than where they are.

They are pretty flexible in terms of hours and days off with given notice so for this i have no complaints.

The pay structure is ridiculous. 2 years ago i was classed as a specialist level 2 and getting paid based on product knowledge. Now, due to changes in structures i have not a any form of pay increase in 2 years. I am now little over minimum wage and the company is following the new living wage, so i will unlikely see a pay rise for another year.

The targets being brought into the company are brought in with commission, but with such a minimal base salary, and so little training in these new commission driven areas they make no difference is real time pay.

The company is going from strength to strength but not rewarding colleagues with what they deserve, a decent basic wage with commissions to increase this if the colleague has the drive to.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No progression
good
claim advisor (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire28 January 2017
Job is good but the shifts are very tiring. i had to travel a distance to get there so i need to tart looking for work closer to home. work place is a good place to work and people are lovely.
Pros
nice management
Cons
shift work
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire9 January 2017
Same as Talk Talk Business

The best part was the co-workers as we all got on very well

Constantly on the phone chasing customers for payment

Shares were made available to be purchased by employees
Pros
Same as Talk Talk Business
Cons
Same as Talk Talk Business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.