Dixons Carphone

Lots of change

Team efforts

Challenging targets
17 March 2020
Thanks for leaving us a comment.
We are pleased to hear that you found your time working at DC fun and enjoyed working with your team, even at the busier times.

We are a fast-paced retail business and looking to stay ahead of our game means change is inevitable but colleagues can stay up-to-date on all communications through workplace.

Many thanks

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
Great overall experience in my time there. Made some great friends for life and also gained incredible leadership knowledge. I would definitely recommend working there.
2 June 2020
That’s great to hear, really pleased you feel that way.

Best of luck with your continued career here at Dixons Carphone!

Many thanks

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
amazing to work for, you will develop great new skills every day.
If you like goals, challenges and excitement this job is for you.

The hardest part of the job is you end up sometimes saying behind to get the job done
25 March 2020
We are really pleased to hear you had such a positive time working for DC. Best of luck with your next role.

Thanks for leaving us a review

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
Good working under the pressure and always finishing with the set target off the company. I work well as part of a team and equally as well on my own initiative.
The work is very hard and heavy and includes very long hours. However the work as a driver installer is very varied and enjoyable. Management are friendly and elpful, although can be difficult to contact when out on the road
Great company great holiday entitlement
Uniform provide half hour dinners

Manager ok do your job keep your

Nose clean and sell or unload wagons

Depending on your role and always

Be polite to customers

Customers pay your wages !!!
Pros
Chilled out place
Cons
You need to start 15mins early if u want smoke breaks
Every time I apply I get rejected I have very good knowledge of the technology world and mobile world which brings me to think it's maybe because I have learning disabilities and not good enough to work for them.
5 August 2019
Please drop us an email at careers@dixonscarphone.com with more information about your applications and one of the team will be able to look into it,
the job can be repetitive and management poor at times, however they treat employees well overall and there is always extra hours for people who want them
Varied days at work meeting with lots of different types of people. Rewarding and satisfying. Lots of new products to learn with the suppliers coming in to give regular training.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dixons Carphone?
Would not recommend working there, do not treat treat staff fairly, training is poor, unhappy working environment, people who work there just use it as a stepping stone until something better comes along, Hence a high turnover of staff.
Pros
non
Cons
to many to mention
The bonus/commission structure is hard to achieve for even the best sales people.
There is little recognition/praise from senior leadership team.

Expected to work long hours and make huge personal sacrifices for the benefit of the company.

Complaints and concerns from colleagues are not taken seriously by HR team or senior leadership team.

Standard company benefits and discounts are good however, they are not as good as what they used to be. Discounts available on mobile phone tariff charges are attractive however long service awards have been massively reduced and demotivated the faithful colleagues who have stuck around for years.

There has been too much change within the business and there is no clear direction. Business plans are not trialled on a smaller scale before being rolled out company wide meaning a constant barrage of communications from head office about the way targets should be achieved.

Sales targets are often achieved by mis-selling which, although not encouraged by senior management, it is also not managed, meaning it seems acceptable to new starters and complaints about these methods are brushed under the carpet and not taken seriously.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No respect or reward for hard work
Meet some amazing people there, however company expects too much from the staff and pressures them to mis sell insurance to customers. Proper training was not given
it was an and still is a very amazing place to work everyone friendly and I have learnt so much in sales, I have gathered many skills and customer service experience.
Pros
amazing people
Cons
As a delivery/installer you are given toy tools,and very little training.
The hours are long and atrocious.The FLM's really are a sad bunch,interested only in their bonus.I could go on and on.

Please listen to me when I warn you to avoid like the plague.

Irlam,Manchester is a toxic site.

The management haven't a clue,and are lazy good for nothings.

The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking off.

If you enjoy working with foreigners all day,be my guest.

I found them to be lazy,non communicative and only there for the long hours.

Incidentally,the foreigners are all agency workers,who are on more money than the full time staff,you figure it out.

I used to find myself taking a specialist electrical install round out,of a weekend,with an agency worker who didn't drive,had no motivation,and was on several pounds an hour more than me,lol.

I wouldn't go back there if it was the last place on the planet.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Too many to list.
From my experience, I really like working there, people were very friendly, funny and professional. My manager was a lovely person who made our work environment very happy and proactive.
Pros
Amazing colleagues
Cons
Reaching targets
You are nothing more than a number.
Management is a clique,only nepotism works here,or if you know the managers.

Manchester is a brutal depot to work at,the top site managers changing every few months,it's that poorly run.

THERE IS NO BONUS.

Every single flm here would stab you in the back,there is absolutely no respect or trust between management and staff,just how they like it.

There is however,an

100% fix for this depot:

Pay and treat the men like equals,earn some respect,then it will flourish.

Ignore at your peril.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Management is the poorest I have ever encountered.Ever.
everyday is a new challenge, fun exciting workplace, staff are friendly and make the workplace enjoyable. Can be difficult at times to hit targets but can be done
Quite simply an awful company to work for. Dixons Carphone, Currys PCWorld or Carphone Warehouse whatever you want to call it. The staff are treated terribly and actively advised to rip off customers.
Cons
In all my years working for various companies I have found working for this comapny to be the worst experience I have ever had. They only care about how many deliveries they can make you do. Their training is poor and their support is non existent, they have a tick box approach to all aspects of their business with absolutely no regard for their staff. Health and safety only matters if it costs them money. Management is only concerned about deliveries and nothing else and a number shift managers are just bullies in a visi vest. The sheer volume of jobs you are expected to do is without doubt the worst aspect of this job. The only enjoyable part----- clocking off !!!
Pros
Cons
The company itself
Immediately thrown onto the shop floor with no training and was expected to perform well by management, enjoyed talking to customers mostly, learned not to work here again
A typical day at curry's pc world was making sure the customers were helped and asking them if they need any help. This job was work experience so I was given different jobs throughout the week which showed and gave me experience of what it would like being on different departments and handling different roles in the store.