Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews in Loughborough

Featured review
Dixons Carphone selected this as a representative review
Plenty of progression Routes. If you want them
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea, Essex6 September 2019
Excellent place to work, 30 min lunch, you get to meet plenty of customers which can be a excellent experience or a nightmare depending on how you conduct yourself.

i'd say you really get a chance to show your personality in the job. and if you're willing to apply yourseld then progression is usually just an application away.

mangement are supportive in most stores and are willing to help you with personal goals and the higher management are approachable.

even the CEO team are there to listen to feedback at various confrences so your voice is heard if thats what you want.
Pros
progression is achievable
Views from a new employee
Outbound Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Loughborough27 August 2019
Have been with CPW for over 3 months as an outbound sales advisor,
This was my first job in a call center sales role. and this is my opinions so far

Targets
Ok, so it's a sales role, I get it, targets are necessary to drive profits, but since ive been there every campaign i've worked on has seen a target increase across the board.
Targets unrealistic and often set to high. which leads to a very frustrating environment to work in.

very high turn over of people, in ways you are just a number to these guys. nearly impossible to get any time off without 3-4 months of notice. if you have 1 day sick you lose 10% of bonus and so on. its profits over customer satisfaction with these people.

Management hit and miss some are good some are bad, some very lazy, some proactive. to be expected in any job.

to summarise, i feel this company hasn't grasped that if you look after your employees your employees will look after the business.

I don't advise anybody to take up a job here in hopes of turning it into a career because these people won't value your potential at all. use it to gain experience.

that said, there are worse places out there to work. this environment may suit some people, and people do make a lot of money here. but if money isn't everything to you then I don't advise working for CPW
Official response from Dixons Carphone
28 August 2019

Thank you for your review. We value your review and we wanted to take a moment to respond to your points.

As you stated we appreciate that target-driven roles aren’t suited to everyone. However, the targets we set are to ensure the best possible service for our customers. To recognise the achievements of our colleagues, we do offer uncapped commission, as well as other regular office-based incentives.

We're sorry to hear you feel this way about management. We hold our management team to the upmost professional standards, and continue to develop colleague skills and knowledge to ensure everyone at work feels supported and valued.

We offer many opportunities across a range of roles and departments, whether that's on the sales floor or in the support team. We will continue to work hard to ensure we support all colleagues to achieve their own career aspirations. As a current employee if you'd like to progress then we'd recommend speaking to your line manager/mentor.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team

Productive and fun place
Business Support and Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Loughborough21 February 2019
Great commissions and bonus.
Excellent management.
Fast faced environment.
Extremely targets oriented.
Approachable managers.
Long and odd working hours.
Pros
Management and commissions
Cons
Long working hours
Awful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire21 October 2018
Awful place to work. The management take the mickey out of everyone they don’t like and they also don’t do their jobs properly. Treat everyone like fools and constantly lie.
Pros
Cons
Horrid pay, horrid managers, have to pay extortionate prices for food
Horrible place to work
Outbound Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire8 November 2017
Data is bad the customer's are called from 5 diff departments by carphone target's increase or are made impossible ie not enough call to convert management is very poor no concerns for staff
Lots of people leaving including higher management
Their share price has gone from 450 to 170 within the last year
They are always looking to recruit and have a very high staff turnover
Cons
Long hours not much wages if you miss bonus
Productive fun but professional
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Loughborough26 October 2017
A fun productive atmosphere which you'll always keeping busy and making sure ever month is better than the last keeping persistent but improving at the same time.
Cons
unscocial hours
Reasonable
Outbound Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire11 September 2017
The floor could be ran a lot better, this is down to poor management. It is very inconsistent, at time it can be fun, enjoyable and motivating but others very demoralise and painful.
You are expected to hit high sales numbers and targets are forever increasing which adds to the stress.
The wage is good for what you do, providing you hit target which is often made difficult.
It is very difficult to highlight concerns and often feel that management are to busy to speak or just don't care.
great place to work
Contract Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire15 February 2017
this is a great place to work. the projects are varied and the people there and excellent. hardest part of the job is leaving.
Pros
pizza fridays