Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews in Acton

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 1,455 reviews
Featured review
Dixons Carphone selected this as a representative review
Plenty of progression Routes. If you want them
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea, Essex6 September 2019
Excellent place to work, 30 min lunch, you get to meet plenty of customers which can be a excellent experience or a nightmare depending on how you conduct yourself.

i'd say you really get a chance to show your personality in the job. and if you're willing to apply yourseld then progression is usually just an application away.

mangement are supportive in most stores and are willing to help you with personal goals and the higher management are approachable.

even the CEO team are there to listen to feedback at various confrences so your voice is heard if thats what you want.
Pros
progression is achievable
Busy place to work
Commercial Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Acton, Greater London29 September 2019
I have learnt to managed a team of colleagues.
There a BBQ lunches in the summertime at Acton, London.
The other teams I worked with were all ways friendly and helpful.
Left to get on with it
Campaign Delivery Manager, (Current Employee) –  Acton29 July 2019
Dixons Carphone is a very relaxed enviroment. Some days are busier than others. In my team we don't really have any meetings or much in the way of development however I know that this isn't the case across the business, every team is different.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lacks Structure
Heading in the right direction
Commercial Director Mobile (Current Employee) –  Acton, Greater London30 December 2018
Dixons Carphone has a very clear vision that has been articulated clearly.

However, you still find that the business works in silos, making decision making a slow task.

A recent re organisation was meant to focus in on this, but I am yet to see it change. I have no doubt it will get there in the mid-term.

One of the biggest challenges is merging in Carphone Warehouse to a mixed electrical business. They run very differently, but we are trying to make them work as one - this will take time.

Lot's of experience has left the business, making this transition challenging.
Pros
You own your business and can progress well
Cons
Culture, silos
fast pace, chaotic organization
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Acton, Greater London14 October 2018
fast pace, chaotic organization, multiple opportunities to learn, not many options for growth within the company, great people, dedicated people, fast paced
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no clear vision
Good
Resourcing Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Acton, Greater London20 August 2018
Enjoyed working at carphine warehouse moved around many departments and there was always room for progression in the company

Staff are very well looked after and lots of perks and rewards for employees
Only come here at a last resort
Assistant Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Commercial department within Acton head office9 April 2018
The contract and the job descriptions are very different to what you will actually do day to day so be warned.
The managerial team are awful to work with, constant bad language, spend the day laughing and abusing other people and do not appreciate any members of staff. It is an extremely inflexible office (even though they say they do 'smart working - they don't.
Long hours where you could be in the office until 7 or 8, this would be okay if it were recognised but it is not.
Pros
Starbucks inside the building, cafeteria for lunch so you do not need to venture out.
Cons
management is awful, long hours, hard work goes totally unrecognised.
Productive and fun place
Senior Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Acton, Greater London2 January 2018
Excellent place to work. Amazing colleagues. Very nice culture. Flexible hours. Fast peace industry. Excellent head offices facilities. Nice place to work.
Pros
Free GYM, Flexible working
Family
Digital performance manager (Current Employee) –  Acton, Greater London4 December 2017
There is a great family atmosphere that is cultivated and managed, through busy periods there is still a community feel that allows all to bring their flavour to the party
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
canteen
Too many hierarchy
GIS Financial controller (Current Employee) –  Acton, Greater London15 June 2017
Unfortunately too many chain of commands which resulted delay in productivity.

Redundancies every year, which adversely impact on staff morale, especially in HR and Finance.
Pros
Lunch choices
Good workplace
Senior consultant (Former Employee) –  Acton14 June 2017
Nice people, good attitude.
Typical day 9 - 5.30, arrive, stand up, development in Agile fashion. Learned Docker.
Nice shops and cafe downstairs, gym.
A great Company with lots of potential
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Acton, Greater London23 April 2017
There are over 40,000 colleagues working in the Dixons Carphone Group operating in 12 countries.

The opportunities for Retail, Contact Centres, Delivery Centres, Graduates and Head Offices are fantastic and I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a career.
Pros
Opportunities
Productive work environment
Customer services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Acton2 September 2016
Quite a hectic place to work in no draw backs as always allowed to work freely as most undertakings are based on what the customers request or queries are.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
Beer nights
Progressed as a Junior project manager
Junior project manager/PMO (Former Employee) –  Acton23 June 2016
Whilst working for Dixons Carphone, I have practiced my knowledge in Prince2 methodology in depth. My duties included; governance over projects and project performance and delivery in a timely manner within an agreed budget and agreed product. I was updating and reporting on monthly forecasts. I kept the log register updated for risks and issues. I arranged the Project Board and Programme Board meetings and presented projects to be reviewed in these meetings. I assisted my PMO team in all changes within projects or programmes which were proactively managed. I practised my leadership skills by assisting project managers to prepare business cases for gate approvals, training and assisting with tools and processes.
Pros
Had variety of responsibilities/challenges
Cons
Did not attend companies social events as I was contractor
A good company to work for.
Pre-paid Administrator (Former Employee) –  Relocated to Acton17 March 2016
I enjoyed working at Dixons Carphone. A typical day included receiving and making phone calls to insurance companies with regards to claims that we had received on our system. Liaising with the Group Loss Prevention and Legal Department, via email or telephone. Placing gift card orders through a portal and maintaining that orders placed in the agreed SLA. Updating of spreadsheets with all gift card numbers and values. Weekly reports for the Operations Manager. I worked within in a team of 4, our overall department had 23 employees.
Pros
Close to where I live.
Official response from Dixons Carphone
6 April 2016

Hi. Thank you for giving us your feedback on your previous role. It's pleasing to see that you enjoyed working with us. We hope your current role is proving successful and wish you all the best throughout 2016.

Expanding opportunities for both new and experienced workers
administrator (Former Employee) –  Acton16 December 2015
The new headquarters of the combined Dixons Retail and Carphone Warehouse businesses is based in Acton, London and offers opportunities for a wide range of career advancement.
My team memebers were brilliant
Inbound Web order Advisor (Former Employee) –  Acton, ENG19 January 2015
I loved working here because of my team, they were such nice people to work with, they were the reason i enjoyed coming to work.
Great incentives and a productive place to work however no job security
E Orders Consultant (Former Employee) –  Acton14 October 2013
*Balanced Environment
*Great incentives
*Fantastic people
*Brilliant training
*Targets were challenging but appealing
*Opportunity to make good salary
*No job security

I enjoyed my time working at Car phone Warehouse however the job security was not there.
Pros
Un-capped Commission, competitive environment
Cons
No job security