Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews

IT Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead23 April 2018
As a shot term contractor I do not feel I am in position to critique Dixons Carphone.

However I found the company to be extremely focussed and good to it's team.
Great company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk17 April 2018
For a college student looking to earn some cash this is a great job. Fun, dynamic and interesting. You meet all kinds of people from customers to colleagues. Managers are always pushing you to your limits and challenging you to get the most out of your ability to get you higher up the food chain.
Everyone is really friendly and approachable.
Systems are a little dated but other than that it’s great.
If your 16/17/18 this is a great company to learn work skills to put into your career or even grab a career with dixons
Pros
Paid lunch. Free stuff. Discounts.
Cons
Odd bad day but who doesn’t have them
Stay Clear, take your time and find another company
Assistant Category Manager (Commercial) (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 April 2018
Awful environment and very hierarchical. Your work is not appreciated and regardless of whether you’ve completed your tasks, you’re expected to stay longer than your hours worked in the day. Poor salary doesn’t help, and management expect you to work tirelessly with no appreciation towards their employee. This is particular prevailant in the commercial area of buying in the business. Just because management wish to work ridiculous hours, that culture is set within the business. Feel scared to raise any issues, as matters would get worse.
Pros
Good company to have on CV
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, lack of appreciation, rude and blunt management.
Only come here at a last resort
Assistant Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Commercial department within Acton head office9 April 2018
The contract and the job descriptions are very different to what you will actually do day to day so be warned.
The managerial team are awful to work with, constant bad language, spend the day laughing and abusing other people and do not appreciate any members of staff. It is an extremely inflexible office (even though they say they do 'smart working - they don't.
Long hours where you could be in the office until 7 or 8, this would be okay if it were recognised but it is not.
Pros
Starbucks inside the building, cafeteria for lunch so you do not need to venture out.
Cons
management is awful, long hours, hard work goes totally unrecognised.
Stable with potential progress
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire5 April 2018
This company allows progression however can be a lengthy process and doesn't incentivise it, pay does not get significantly better and responsibilities do increase.

The company is stable, you should not be concerned about your job as long as you work hard and listen to feedback.
Pros
company discount
Cons
weekend work - no excuses
Informative
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kensington, Greater London30 March 2018
I learned a lot at Currys, when talking about technology every day you are bound to. The job does get very repetitive but financially, it is a very good job to have.
Don’t work for this company
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire30 March 2018
I was at Currys pc world for 10 whole years at the start was best place I’ve worked but slowly went down hill, management is a joke, they don’t care about there staff one little bit,it’s all about figures and targets now, I hit My 10 targets a week most weeks but that still wasn’t good enough, they will only bring more targets aswel, no progression either after 10 years, managers like certain members of staff well them who they can turn into robots anyway, leaving is the best thing I’ve done, so stressful at currys the store I was at I’ve seen so many people leave over the years and new people come and go within few months. I’m the happiest I’ve been in my life since leaving this company.
Pros
No pros
Cons
To many targets, management a joke
They gave me my wings
Sales consultant in electrical sales (Former Employee) –  Bond Street, London28 March 2018
I was just a shop attendant until I went to Dixons. They brought the sales person out in me, and I never looked back. I definitely got my first lesson in sales here. Unfortunately, the incentives didn't match the efforts required.
Dont work at dixons at any cost
Manager (Former Employee) –  East Anglia28 March 2018
If i could put no stars i would! Awful business! They treat there staff like rubbish and think the way to solve it all is by hiring a load of staff from other failing retailers for ludicrous salaries!

Company is just run by a bunch a yes men holding each others
gentelmens sausage 👋
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Wednesbury
Cust delivery installer (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands18 March 2018
Give this company a wide birth. I worked for them for 4 months driving a 7.5 tonne and installing appliances. I told them I was signed off by John Lewis to do the same thing . They signed me off after 3 months ,everyday I would have 8 to 10 installs I told the FLM I aren t signed off and they said just deliver it and tell customers they would have to wait in again until someone installs it. Knowhow just wants the customers money ,you will get swore St shouted at and even threatened ,the FLM don t care ,they promise you a bonus you won't get it they always have some excuse they want you to get a good kip and do as many dels as possible upto 15 hours on 7.5 tonne truck and so they get there bonus . They mess around with your OT as its paid 2 months after you do it and son t rectify it straight away you will have to wait another 4 weeks. I had enough and resigned.
Pros
Cons
Everything you won't see your misses or kids
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge5 March 2018
Whilst working at Dixons Carphone I learnt a lot about all of the products with help from the staff there and it also helped me build on my communicational skills and confidence with the public.
Can't fault it
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire3 March 2018
Working here whilst I study and it's made me really question whether I want to follow my studies or take this further.

Within weeks I was encouraged to look into advancing in the career. The team members I work with are brilliant and supportive.

Managers challenge me to work to my best all while building me up and helping me improve my sales.

Genuinely can't fault the branch I work with at all.
Pros
staff, discount, personal development
Cons
occasionally get bad customers
A good retailer to work for
Business Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  London26 February 2018
Not great but not bad. They pay well and offer good flexibility in the workplace. High curn of staff can lead to holes in HR. Not much training provided.
Stressful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 February 2018
Shift patterns vary on a daily basis. Training is good. Management can be very bad dependant on your team leader. The hardest part of the job is trying to hit the small targets.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Shift patterns and management
Awful Management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 February 2018
Too much hierarchy - Store-in-Store CPW and CPCW management always trying to 'out-do' each other to prove who is actually manager. Easy job, no challenges, progression is ok if willing to move stores.
Do you enjoy selling people things they don't need?
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire18 February 2018
At currys on almost every item in store you will be expected to sell extra things, such a cover, HDMI cables, anti virus etc etc. You will have weekly and monthly targets on all of these attaches (depending on what section you're on) and you will be expected to hit these targets.
You can sell an 8 grand TV but if you have no attaches, it's classed as a bad sale.
Management will want you to process sales as business to business sales even when the customer is not a business customer.
Most of the time people only want to come in for the item and walk out. But with every sale you will have to waste customers time asking if they want all of the extra things. Some can be beneficial but a lot are just a total ripoff. If the customers do not take the extras you will be questioned and asked why not. Eventually you will be shown the door as you're classed as a bad sales person.
You will feel genuine guilt when a little old couple comes in and spends £80 on some HDMI cables that they really don't need.
No matter how long your shift, well (6 hours +) you will get a half an hour break which is unpaid.
Staff levels are always horrendous. Over xmas, a few of the temps usually get kept but it is still never enough to make up for all the others who have left during or after xmas. So you will usually be doing the work of two people per shift.
Management are very clicky, you will find some have their own groups and favouritism is a big thing in Currys.
The pay is minimum wage. The word comission no longer exists at Currys PC World and has not for many years. You will recieve a monthly
  more... bonus pot but that all depends on how customers, overall have scored the sales experience over texts sent out. You can also earn some pence per hour but this is also based on the aforementioned.
Time is the only way to progress, nearly all of the team leaders and managers I have met have been there at least 10 years +.
If you want to do a salesmans job, without a salesmans wage then currys is the place for you.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Bad management, minimal pay, stupid sale attachments, no or very low comission, no progression, bad morals
Worst place ever
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire18 February 2018
No communication, couldn't give a hoot about customers, stupid shift patterns and much more, oh not to mention stupid targets, management don't value staff at all.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Very long hours
Morale is low and leadership don't care
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London14 February 2018
Morale is low and leadership don't care. There have been inter restructures meaning lots of redundancies but the same level of output is required for the same amount of work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low Morale
Fun and friendly workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station14 February 2018
Was an enjoyable job for the period I was there. They pushed me to my limits in terms of getting my sales targets which I enjoyed. The staff where nice and treated me well.
Pros
Nice, enjoyable staff
Did not enjoy this job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire12 February 2018
Worked here for just under two years, the job is based around targets so be aware if this is the job that you are going into. Some of the targets are achieveable but you have to be 100% on your game 100% of the time, be ready to compete with your co workers because its all fair game. Found the processing of completeting a sale tedious and repetitve as there were a lot of steps before you could actually achieve a sale by which time the outdated system is probably timed out anyways! I didn't see enough of consistent management to make a fair judge on it, I saw in excess of 5/6 managers when I was there. Last straw for me was called into a displinary meeting based on a sale which wasn't even mine, no one noticed until I pointed out that the set of initials that we linked with the sale weren't even mine! No apology was made, laughed it off as a joke, this was the start of steady run down hill which lead me to just get out when I could.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
competitve enviroment, quick move around of staff, a lot of abuse from customers for things out of your control, outdated system, long winded processes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9