Disney Store Employee Reviews

Magical and fun work place
DISTRIBUTION SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Lutterworth27 September 2018
My time at Disney was filled with not only incredible professional experiences but also wonderful times with great people and characters. Everyone is very supportive and helps whenever it is asked.
Pros
Environment, People, Benefits / Discounts.
Cons
Long hours and management
N/a
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London3 September 2018
Worked here throughout 6th form interesting business.

Was easy to access from school / college was flexible with my schedule so I was able to study.
ok
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham26 August 2018
disney are an ok company to work for. they generally look after their employees but they are very strict. good work and life balance but as they hire so many staff there isnt much availability for overtime
A great, unique retail environment
Lead (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 June 2018
Disney is a world renowned organisation and working for them makes me proud to be part of such a well-loved brand. The satisfaction of helping customers find their perfect gift is endless with a constant stream of new 'guests' walking through the doors each day.
Loved it
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Glasgow4 June 2018
Very fast paced, busy environment. Staff are helpful and friendly. Every day was a new challenge, it was exciting.
Everyone treated fairly. Kept going and always something to be done.
A lot of new things learned. Always busy and kept going.
Pros
Disney
Cons
Not enough hours
amazing vibe in store
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes29 May 2018
amazing management. so supportive and the senior cast members were all lovely. great benefits and pay even for a xmas temp. money off holidays to parks in paris, florida etc and even the cruises.
Pros
great management. benefits and great pay. listen to great disney tunes all day
Cons
bratty kids come in store.
Fun And Magical
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 April 2018
Throughout my two years of working with The Walt Disney Company, I made many fun and magical memories for myself and Guests that come into the store. I will forever cherish the time and opportunity that I had given to me. I would love to work for the company again in the future. Its truly a place where magic and memories are made.
ambiente giovane
Hr Specialist and quality monitor Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater London26 March 2018
Ambiente giovane in cui è possibile crescere e migliorare.
Okay job
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Bristol21 January 2018
The best part of this job was certainly the people working there. The store manager would go out of her way to ensure the store remained a happy and engaging environment, however, some of the staff were young and inexperienced so at times felt as if you were working in a playground. The music does get on your nerves, and the constant standing around the front of the store is tedious. If it wasn't for the respect I was given from my manager and colleagues I would have left long before I did.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Bad music
Awful. Avoid
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear15 January 2018
Worst job I’ve ever had. Management were the most horrible people I’ve ever met and the job itself was boring and embarrassing. Pay and contracts are terrible and there were definitely favourites in place. One member of staff used to break a lot of grooming guidelines and get away with it yet I was screamed at for wearing makeup. Uniform is terrible as well and in my store you only got one of everything. Many members of staff left due to the same issue - the manager. Never have I cried on shift at a job before until I worked here.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
The whole job
We are known disney characters welcoming our disney guests !
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire7 January 2018
My seasonal job at Disney Store online (Sitel UK Watford) as Guest Services Centre (inbound calls) has given me more experience in working for an international well known brand in communication skills, team work and working under pressure, and developed my skills in navigation using specialist online software IT programs, complying brand copy-write policies and data protection and instilled a professional work ethic.

I am familiar with call centre software packages:
Nice ROD –telephone;Citrix - Mozart; Emea - imail; Oracle - RightNow; Kronos - Time stamp, World- Pay, Nice Ilex- Diary Schedule, Metapack - Deliveries, Internet; Share-point.
Not really room for progression
Customer Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London6 December 2017
Fantastic learning opportunities, terrible micro management. Ok if you are looking for an in between job. Sitel push you to do one thing and then disney come in and ask for something else, typical call centre, high staff turnover.
Pros
lots of cultures
Cons
low pay no prospects
Fun but Testing
Senior Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 September 2017
Disney is a great company to work for and is full of benefits. These are fully appreciated due to how fast paced and how high their standards are. The overall management is great and everybody is very open which may challenge certain personalities but is essential in the way they work.
Fun and enjoyable
Disney store (Former Employee) –  Belfast3 September 2017
Lovely place to work. Good to work with all ages of customers. Whist working here I preformed a variety of tasks including stock room and on the floor with the customers.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Little contracted hours
Good work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth23 May 2017
Nice working environment, staff were friendly and management was approachable. Highly recommend this store to future workers. A typical day at work will be picking items to send to pack marshalls for despatch to customers.
Not recommended
Sales adviser (Former Employee) –  London, Oxford Stret5 May 2017
Met lovely cast members but unfortunately it is very difficult to progress in the company and there is a lot of unfairness which was shocking as it fully contradicted what I was told by the company during my early days. Overall the pay is good but they are long hours standing and many shifts which start early and end late which means no social life or weekends. they also do not provide references.
Disney is a corperation, alright.
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 April 2017
When working for Disney I often stayed and did long shifts with little break. The night shifts were gruelling and the manager constantly belittled me. Do not work here if you aren't prepared to be told how awful you are at forcing people to buy re useable bags. :)
Pros
Its disney
Cons
Long shifts
Magical
Sales Assistant, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City4 April 2017
Such an amazing company to work for. The day consisted of you doing more than one task which can get a bit boring fast. Such an exciting and fun job for Disney fans.
Pros
Uniform, great staff, good hours, discount
Love the company
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow19 February 2017
I enjoyed working at this store, the other staff were brilliant and good fun to work with. The customers were good fun too.
fun
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Belfast8 February 2017
Disney is a brilliant company to work for. I really enjoyed working for them because it was so enjoyable. I learnt alot of valuable skills working for them such as meeting sales targets, how to increase a customers spend and how to give great customer service.
Pros
discount
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney Store. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2