Discovery Communications Employee Reviews

I'm glad im out!!
ingest (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London1 March 2019
the most dreadful 6 months of my life!
bullied by management.
HR only concerned about the company and not the employees!
Pros
Cons
management
Open and respectful place to work
Research Director CEEMEA (Former Employee) –  London19 November 2018
Great company that grew quite a bit and currently needs a clear structure and vision for their business to come. The people are very helpful and support each other.
Fund place to work
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 May 2018
It was a fun place to work, some management listened to staff but hours were way too long. There needs to be a better balance of work and private life.
Pros
Culture, helped a lot of charities, salaries and diversity
Cons
HR/Payroll need to be improved
A Dream Company
Real Estate/Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chiswick, UK7 June 2017
Excellent company to work for! I don't have enough positive words in my dictionary to describe my experience at Discovery. Of course I've had some negative experiences too, but nothing serious!

Lovely people, excellent company culture, accelerating tendency towards adoption of innovative solutions.

I'm proud to say that I've worked for them!!!
Pros
Excellent Company Culture, Very good benefits for employees, Worm and welcoming
Cons
Not very lean company structure
A company where innovation is encouraged and rewarded
Manager of Post Production (Former Employee) –  London, UK13 April 2017
Discovery taught me to think about my contribution in a much wider sense. I was fortunate to be able to work alongside some terrific people who allowed us to move together as a team. Innovative ideas were welcomed and rewarded. After 8+ years at the Discovery Channel I have gained a more holistic underestanding of Broadcasting and Post Production on a global scale.
Pros
Constant learning, goal driven, creative
Forward Thinking, ambitious company
Various Operations Role (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 April 2017
Great people, smart and engaged. A forward thinking company with ambition, drive and a competitive nature. Fantastic brand and offer highly competitive packages.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
High level expectations, long hours
Nice Opportunity, great environment
Senior PHP Developer (Current Employee) –  London, UK14 March 2017
Enjoyed working in this environment, great colleagues, dynamic fun activities around, plenty of restaurants, eat houses and shops within easy reach, transport aplenty.

Always have and always will love documentaries and having the opportunity to work for one of the worlds greatest documentary making companies is/has been a dream come true.
Pros
Well funded, Shops, transport, activities
Cons
Elements in management are frustrating
Enjoyed working in a new company
Ad-sales Executive & Senior PA (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London23 January 2017
I learnt a lot about advert sales on TV and how the company gains and also how the client gains. It is a win win for both. I also enjoyed having to liaise with EMEA branches and head office in the US.
Very independent
Affiliate Sales Co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London14 December 2016
A fun and nice environment created by the rest of the employees. Very independent in terms of workload. Good, Salary and good networking advantages.
Pros
Networking and Traveling
Cons
Lack adequate training management
Extremely corporate, busy but thankless
International Publishing and Home Ent Manager (Current Employee) –  Chiswick, London2 November 2015
A very corporate organisation as you would expect form a US based global communications company.
Due to the departmental and management structures there is a high degree of office politics which detracts from the job of building a business - which I find frustrating and self-defeating.
Expectations are high (and I have met them, recently closing a US$ 7 figure deal with Sony Pictures International) but the corporate structure does not allow for progress as I would like.
Pros
The physical office environment is pleasant.
Cons
Very long hours and commute, impacting on work/ life balance.
A Fun place to work
FIRST LINE I.T ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Chiswick26 October 2015
Most enjoyable and productive learning experience. And has a excellect management system for their I.T team. For me it was an wonderful experience.
Great place
Infrastructure Architect / Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENG24 April 2015
I've learned and developed my self with Discovery, a lot of support from the senior team which helped me move into management and looking after the IT Infrastructure at Discovery Education.
fun and productive
Freelance Edit Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  london19 June 2014
work is challenging and fun. people are great, building is great.
Fun
Accounts Receivable Accountant (Current Employee) –  London28 May 2014
great people, nice location, easy going employees, study leave possible
fun workplace in a great environment
Post Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, ENG11 April 2014
A typical day working at Discovery would consist of arriving at 8.55am and making all sure relevant post was delivered on time to the relevant clients.

Duties Included: Functioning as a team, assigning specific packages to the relevant clients, Logging in parcels and signing them out, making sure parcels were delivered to customers on time, Answering phone calls, taking bookings and dealing with customer complaints.

Here i improved my customer service skills which gives me the ability to interact with clients and customers, However working at the Discovery channel has its main assets which helped me. Working under pressure and being timed is one of my main skills.

I like to get work done as quick as possible also making sure that the job is completed to the best of its ability.

The most enjoyable part of the job was intreating with people on a daily basis.
Pros
Great customers, Enjoyed Going in to work
Social yet effective workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG13 January 2014
The hardest part of the job was working with the graphics team due to the fact I am not a graphics designer however I learnt a lot. I worked in all departments ranging from design and HR to office work and tech work.