Direct Payments Employee Reviews

Fantastic
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scottish Borders2 February 2018
Great flexibility, lovely families I’ve worked with over the past 11 years. Feel like one of the family.
Good variety of aspects in this job & understanding parents .
Pros
Meals, relaxed environment, work to suit me.
Cons
Traveling
lovely people to work with and for
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear9 January 2018
i have worked with this company on two occasions I really wish I didn't leave my first job with them, fsntastic company to work for and great people you work with
fantastic
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shildon4 January 2018
fantastic place to work loved working for them for 7 years coming on 8 this year never a problem. there is nothing much more i can write as i love the company
Flexible working
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham3 August 2017
Working with direct payments is a flexible job however with that comes the uncertanty of working hours. However, direct payments do provide vunreable people with independence.
Pros
Various activities
Cons
Working hours
Flexible working hours
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  County Durham29 June 2017
Direct payments offers flexibility to the employees, which suits a lot of people, working for Direct Payments has allowed me 7 great years of employment whilst fitting in around my children and school.
Pros
Flexible, great pay.
Cons
Available work, have to look for own clients.
Fits around work life balanve
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon24 April 2017
Good company to work for, let's you get on with it really. Down side is that if you are sick or childcare issues you need to find cover yourself if the person you are caring for us unable
Pros
Nice working for yourself
Cons
Self employed long hours
Good work place
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 April 2017
A direct payment role can be as diverse as you want it to be. Depending on the level of support required by the client you can make this role anything you want
A fun work place
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire15 February 2017
I really enjoy working in this way as the client is your boss.
It seems more laid back than working for a company.
I really enjoy the working hours also.
Pros
Out and about
no support
personal assistance (Former Employee) –  Elgin15 February 2017
i had no involvement with direct payments, i got my wage from them but they never contacted me or supported me with clients. I never had to sign paper or have interview everything was done through the client which i had bad experience with as my client was extremely difficult and shouldn't have been controlling of her carers.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
no support
Productive and fun workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Liverpool15 December 2016
Direct payments are a lovely, rewarding job to have. You get to develop friendships with the service user and help and enable them to live their life in an independent manner. Provides respite for the family.
Cons
Not contracted full hours
left to fend for yourself
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool20 October 2016
only support given was by the families I was there to help. First job in caring/supportive role. No supervisions offered
Pros
met an unbelieveable young man and his family, ill always feel extremely lucky to have workied with him
Rewarding
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Helens11 September 2016
I enjoy my job as a care assistant as I get to see the client grow and develop each and every day and its rewarding to know I am making a difference to my clients life and makes the challenges I face worth it.
Pros
Flexiable hours
You get what you put in
Respite Carer/Childminder (Former Employee) –  Blyth5 August 2016
I worked for Direct Payments as a respite carer, it was hard work but very rewarding. I worked long hours, night shifts, but had to give it up due to full time work commitments.
Pros
Job satisafction
Cons
good
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan29 February 2016
Enjoyed working with direct payments
no problems
Paid on time
Sometimes there were unfortunate errors with pay but this was due to the client rather than the company so can not really fault
Direct Payments
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashford13 February 2016
I enjoyed my time working as a PA as it allowed me to see a different side to care work. I particularly enjoyed the more laid back approach this job had with it.
productive place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  south shields13 May 2015
Arriving for work on time for 9:30am and helping the client with their socks and footwear. I've learned to adapt to new and pressurising situations. Managing the care and routine e.g. Physio Therapy, bathing, laundry etc. My co-workers were friendly, approachable and reliable. The hardest part is the physical side can be tiring but rewarding. I enjoyed seeing the client satisfied with the result of the task at hand.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
a fun place to work
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  WLS17 November 2014
when i arrive at work i make sure my client is ok and check all paperwork to see if anything has changed i always work along side my co workers and record anything new or change. i like to keep on top of my courses. all my clients have different needs for example working with diementa, stroke victims, visual impaired, spina bifta, mental health issues, m.s person there needs are all different so i have to think and adapt to there needs i always try and put a plan into place for each visit,i love doing my job caring is not an easy job you need passions and time, i leave my job happy nowing my clients have got a smile on there face when i am leaving them if there happy so am i.
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
was good to have worked here
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, SCT16 November 2014
Being part of a team it was enjoyable, and learned a lot on going to seminars, on a one to one basis, it can and has been difficult at times.
Pros
allowed to eat on the premises, from the staff fridge
Cons
longs hours
role off a support worker
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  leeds4 September 2014
Duties:
• My duties as a support worker.
Involved looking after a service user.
• I supported her to live more independently.
• Arranging activities for her.
• Helping with bathing, feeding, toilet and personal hygiene
• Making sure that medication is given to her at the correct time and the correct amount is given and taken.
• Making sure that communication is kept open at all time between carers and her.
• Lifting and carrying, also helping with daily task, such as laundry, cleaning, clearing the table.

team work and communication are very important as well as listening.
Hands-on, caring role with complete job satisfaction
Respite Carer (Former Employee) –  Belfast, Northern Ireland14 July 2014
This is a physically intense role including manual handling, personal care and feeding the young person. However I receive a lot of job satisfaction knowing that I made a difference in the young person's life for the few hours that I would look after her.

I enjoy being creative in age and cognitive appropriate activities which stretch the young person's abilities.