Direct Line Group Employee Reviews

Good rapport amongst staff and regular training in place.
Telesales Operative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow18 February 2019
It was a job that suited my family commitments and gave me a good work life balance. Laterally office politics and a lack of motivation from management led to a flurry of people leaving and i took the opportunity to leave and advance my career.
Pros
subsidised canteen, good pension scheme, bonus scheme etc
Cons
Lack of motivation and leadership resulting in a high % of people leaving.
Fun Work Place
Claims Adviser (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 February 2019
A great place to work and learn, I myself learned a lot from the many talented people working here. Good place to start and work for many years if you're looking to get into call centre work.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk7 February 2019
: Taking inbound sales calls relating to car insurance and break down cover. I would deal with customer complaints and build relationships with the customers while understanding their needs. I met individual sales, telephony and quality targets consistently and built rapport with the customers while clearly explaining our processes and products.
Too much politics and racisiam
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 February 2019
Left this bullying company after 4 months of agony.
Where can I start?
Why can't you be less racist? Even in 2018 and there are no ethnic minorities in management. Is it proportionate?- Not at all.
Really shocking. How are you getting away with it?
The managers are ruthless against people from different race and ethnicity.
Managers will pick anything to fire you. Save your life from this place. I now work in different Insurance company and its very diverse.
They should never talk about diversity.
Pros: Free hot chocolate
Discounts

Cons: racist managers
Long shifts
No weekdays
No site parking
Pros
Free hot chocolate
Cons
Racist managers, Long shifts
FoH Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bromley20 January 2019
Many different departments so there is a good chance of promotion. Lots of vendors on site selling at a discount and lots of charitable events. All round good feel.
Pros
Good flexibility in working hours and great benefits.
Average company
Claims Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham16 January 2019
They offer just enough to get you in door then place you in the keep net with little room to manoeuvre or advance. The environment is friendly but very target orientated.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor career advancement
Avoid like the plague
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire16 January 2019
Worst place I have ever worked, you are just a number, constantly reminded how easy they can sack you. The company put me on the floor. If you are a happy person within a few months you will not be
Pros
Wouldn’t recommend for autistic people
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London15 January 2019
I was on the digital team for a short while.

Constantly told I wasn’t talking enough, management told me in my review that they felt they didn’t know me.

After revealing my autism diagnosis I was sent on unplanned trips to meetings which I found disorientating. Team manager changed his communication style to confuse me.

Great salary and benefits. People are valued for how well they can socialize over the quality of their work.

Leaving was the best decision I every made.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Toxic culture
Busy phone lines
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire15 January 2019
Phone lines were always busy so it was calls from start to finish. Some days were fun and were relished when they came around.
The majority of the people were great to work with and team leaders approachable.
Pros
Frequent incentives
Cons
Hours
Blue eyed boys make the money
Panel Beater (Former Employee) –  Orpington17 December 2018
Not somewhere I would recommend working.
Left before I was diamissed. If your not the blue eyed boy you won't have a chance to earn bonus when they turn the work off on the last week to drop your efficiency.
11 January 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us such an honest review. We do appreciate your comments and if you do want to discuss this further please get in touch with the HR team here. Thank you :)

nice place to work
Sale Consultant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster16 December 2018
overall this is a good place and nice people to work with but shift patterns are really not family friendly, but there are some good perks work there.
Pros
some good perks and nice people
Cons
shift patterns
11 January 2019

Hiya, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and leaving some feedback on your role and the hours of work. We love the benefits too and the people make Direct Line Group :)

Target driven
Team manager (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire14 December 2018
Target driven company the higher up the management ladder the less the care to the staff. good pay and good benefits. pay in line with most other companies.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
un flexible shifts
11 January 2019

Hi there, thank you taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your comments and feedback. :)

Fun Workplace
Sales & Customer service consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol13 December 2018
great opportunity to earn good money!
A competitive base salary with monthly bonuses and frequent team/floor incentives.

Progression seems to be based on popularity,
Pros
subsidised canteen, fun place to work, dress down & relaxed
Cons
Strict targets. failure to hit targets result in action being taken against you.
14 January 2019

Hi there, thank you for leaving a review on your experiences at DLG. We are glad you have enjoyed your time here so far and you love the culture as much as we do. Make sure you feedback your cons through our surveys or pick up with any of HR reps if you want to discuss this further. Thank you :)

Generally a good place to work
Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, UK7 December 2018
Team leaders allow you to get on with your job without much interference. Good benefits but no progression opportunities and salary hardly increases.
Pros
discount insurance and free roadside assistance
Cons
No progression or chance of pay rise.
14 January 2019

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us such an honest review of your time at DLG. If you do want to raise any of your concerns further please reach out to your local HR Rep. Thank you again :)

Results driven
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  London20 November 2018
Lovely team of people who work well together. Results driven teams.

Open to hearing what junior members have to say and to act upon it. Strong leadership.
Pros
Insurance discounts
Fun, productive office environment
Assistant team leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol29 October 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Direct Line, I progressed within the company and had many friends there.
I built up a good use of the computer systems and kept up to date with the latest training.
I enjoyed learning new skills.
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Not flexible at all
productive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London14 October 2018
good company taught me a lot, great staff , customer service skills where taken from this role.

travel was the hardest part of this role.

most enjoyable part of this role was the team i worked around.
Avoid
Home Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 October 2018
Worst place I have ever worked, you are just a number, constantly reminded how easy they can sack you. You get 10 minutes to visit the toilet/ make a drink in a day which is ridiculous. soul destroying place .
would not reccomend
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow18 July 2018
the environment within this work place is terrible with team leaders on a power trip while simultaneously acting like gossiping teenagers. The upper management and team leaders are very friendly with each other often making remarks about workers and talking about people behind there back. They also often complain about how much work they have to do while walking around and sitting on there phones, BUT do not be mistaken they are the only people aloud to do this anyone else must not ever do anything of the sorts. There is also clear favoritism within the work place. The level of work expected is much higher than the pay offered, you will have to deal with almost everything and if you get stuck on a call after your shift is done good luck claiming the time back. I must add I was often confused what my job actually was... was I a complaints handler, a call handler, was it to action documents, or many more possibilities. I would not ever recommend anyone work here, the management are immature and the pay does not come close the matching the job requirements.
Pros
Cons
everything
Favouritism
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 July 2018
You will find nothing in this place but discrimination against people from different ethnicity and loads of favouritism from team leaders. I have only worked here for about a year and finally left this place.
Pros
Cons
Managers and team leaders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Line Group. Our community is ready to answer.