Direct Line Group

Direct Line Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom441 reviews
Featured review
Direct Line Group selected this as a representative review
I absolutely love working for the Directline group and genuinely don’t ever see myself leaving. Progression is a little slow in the claims department but that’s because your trained to the maximum and capable of handling everything thrown at you. However there are so many roles in different departments that you can progress to. The pay is not amazing and other companies do pay more for the same role but you want to actually enjoy your job and the people around you. Majority of the Birmingham team leaders are great and approachable and the new line manager actually listens and you can have a general chit chat.
28 April 2020
Hi there! Thank you for sharing your review and it's great to hear how much you love it here too! :)
Best to say that less is more therefore I would rather not provide feedback regarding this company, workplace, ext.
I find it frustrating that INDEED ask theses questions as Mandatory, surely this should be volunteer involvement?

Strongly appreciate if INDEED to adjust this part of the process and not make this activity mandatory, many thanks.
Pros
No Words
Cons
No words
The shift patterns varied each day which was not ideal but the shifts themselves were good. You work in teams of roughly 15 people and when it is quiet on the phones you are able to speak to each other or browse the internet.
Team engagement is highly encouraged which is great if it is your first job.

Great job for young people as it is a very social company to work for.
16 June 2020
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Great to hear you enjoyed working at DLG :)
Friendly, fast paced, pressurised, management OK with different shift patters. We are all due to be made redundant in Ipswich, hence why I am looking for a new job.
16 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and share your experience of DLG.
Loved working at DirectLine Group, however management was a bit meh, could do better with keeping their employees in the loop of what is going on, offer more benefits, or offer a better pay for the job we're doing, as customer based roles are often hard on mental health as well
20 May 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we wish you all the best in the future.
Due to poor management it makes the work a lot harder.
The managers were all close friends so no matter what they did they always came out fine. Would not recommend this centre to anyone.
20 May 2020
I d do my PA duties for the Operational Managers and then i would deal with ADHOC emails.
I have learned quite a lot for the 9 years i have been there i have progressed in different areas of the business.

The hardest part of my job is looking after over 270 people.

The people i work with make it the most enjoyable and everyday is not the same.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours and no Flexi
20 May 2020
Thanks for leaving your review and sharing how you enjoy working at DLG.
The poor training starts you off on a less than positive footing. Then comes the awful management. To become one of the appalling 'managers' it seems a prerequisite is unfounded self-aggrandizing arrogance. It would have been to some extent understandable if there was the slightest trace of education or intellect. Unpaid overtime culture and paltry annual salary increases to top up an already pathetic wage make the whole experience intolerable. The only thing I learned from this experience was that It was possible to recruit so many incompetent people in the one workplace.
Pros
Cons
Salary, Management
28 April 2020
Hi there, thank you for leaving your honest review and sorry to hear you've not had a great experience at DLG. We wish you all the best in the future.
A real great place to work where staff are empowered and treated with the utmost respect by management. The working culture is very refreshing where team ethic is so highly regarded by all colleagues.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Few
28 April 2020
Hi! Thank you for leaving your great review and sharing your experience of DLG. :)
I worked at Direct Line for 2 years as an apprentice working towards financial service qualifications. The working hours were the biggest issue, having to work weekends and give up my evenings. I always put 100% into my work and would treat customers fairly.
The day at work was fast paced especially if it was busy, we had to deal with customer complaints every other day, investigate them and find a resolution so that the customer is happy.

The job can get difficult with trading, such as selling breakdown cover to customers. Luckily I managed to sell breakdown to customers but it is difficult at times to meet the target we were set but with hard work I managed to do that.

With the job and my qualification I have learned with how to deal with financial regulations and how the insurance industry works.

I have grown as a person here and gained invaluable skills.
31 March 2020
Fantastic to hear where your journey has taken you both personally and as an employee. Thanks for sharing.
Fast pace environment, the workplace culture was welcoming and friendly. Management were very approachable but demanding at the same time. Hardest part was the amount of knowledge one had to undertake and know from the outset. People that I worked with were the best part of the job.
20 May 2020
Thanks for sharing your review and we wish you all the best in the future.
Engaging with some great people, Good company to work for, encourage alot of change and driving continuous improvements & cost cutting. Would recommend
31 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, great to hear that you recommend working at DLG.
Take some advise dont do it very stressful. Fast paced atmosphere corrupt your ok if your in the click bullying as in being txt at home when your with your family. Your just a number spoke too like absolutely disgusting
I spent a years internship with the company and it was an overall fantastic experience. I would highly recommend the company for the opportunities thrown my way as well
31 March 2020
Great to hear that you benefited from your time with us. Best wishes for the future.
i really loved the job but being made redundant is not fun as they are closing the ipswich office in 2022. I think the company did look after us well until this time
Working at Direct Line was fun. Working as part of a group made the day go fast. However, the amount of sales targets that we were pressured into acheiving made the job more stressful than it needed to be
Pros
Nice bonuses
Cons
Targets targets and more targets
During my 3 years at Direct Line Group I made amazing friends, worked hard and gained invaluable sales and customer service skills. The company genuinely cares about their employees and their customer
Pros
Salary, family culture, company cares.
Cons
Shifts can feel a little long but regular breaks and meetings break it up
31 March 2020
Great to hear you enjoyed your time at Direct Line Group in Doncaster.
Good company with good benefits but poor work life balance. The shifts are long and not fitting with good work life balance. Job security is a constant worry.
Professional office based insurance work. Well paid entry level positions. Training provided is very good. Lot's of performance targets, but to be expected in a sales role.
Pros
Discounts, Salary
Cons
Targets, Not much advancement
27 February 2020
Thank you for your review. Brilliant to hear that you got a lot out of your training and you're enjoying your time at DLG.
I really enjoyed my time at direct line the staff were good to work for and the job was rewarding. It was a really nice woking environment. The job is something I would recommend.
Pros
Good social life
Cons
Didn't like shifts
27 February 2020
Thanks for leaving such a great review :) good to hear you enjoyed your time at DLG. Wishing you all the best!
I worked in Travel Claims and the job itself was great, however, the management of the department changed 3 times over the 5 years of me being there and the atmosphere is now very negative and morale is low. Processes change constantly so you don't know where you stand from one day to the next. You are expected to balance a lot of plates at one time which can become highly stressful. For a company that apparently focuses so much on their "people", the turnover of staff is huge as the company cares about number and nothing else.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Line Group. Our community is ready to answer.