Play YouTube video button

DIMENSIONS UK LTD Employee Reviews

United Kingdom318 reviews
Featured review
DIMENSIONS UK LTD selected this as a representative review
I have been working for the company for almost four years now and I still enjoy my job.

The people I support are absolutely fantastic and there are so many opportunities to support them doing a variety of things. For example, holidays, music festivals, days out. Seeing the smiles on their faces brightens up my day and I know I have supported them to do something amazing.

Couldn't fault my manager, they are always there when you need them, if they is busy (as managers are), they are still just a text away and will respond ASAP.

I have had so many opportunities to better myself and my career and each step is making me a better person.

Dimensions has a benefit scheme which many people do use and they have support for all of their staff if they require it.
Pros
Supportive, pro-active, enjoyable, rewarding
Cons
N/a
I’ve worked at Dimensions for over a year now and at first I loved it, but that quickly changed, it’s nothing to do with the job itself it’s the company and MANAGERS!! You get treated like dirt. Multiple time my managers tried having ago at me, but didn’t have the decency to pull me aside instead tried belittling me in front of the people we support and other colleagues. They don’t care if you have childcare issues, They would sexpect you to leave your child at home alone, careless of what age they are and still expected you to work. My pay is never right and in a nutshell the company is diabolical!!!!!
Pros
They people you support
Cons
Everything else.
7 July 2020
Thank you for your review. We take our independent accreditation as a ‘Great Place to Work’ extremely seriously and I am sorry to hear that your experience has not matched up. Your review is concerning so please help us improve by providing as much detail as possible either through our anonymous whistleblowing hotline on 0800 915 1571 or in writing here: https://www.dimensions-uk.org/contact/making-complaint/. Thank you.”
This was quite possibly the worst company i have ever worked for.
The team i worked with are the best care givers in the business but the same can not be said about the management.

Management were nowhere to be seen only when they felt they needed to through their weight around.

The team managed my certain service and without them CQC would have been very interested to pay a visit.

An incident of financial abuse was covered up by management which was reported a number of times!

The pay was horrendous and was always wrong i was forever chasing wrong payments.

Please do not work here!! its all too much effort for no reward.
Pros
the people i supported and worked with
Cons
management
7 July 2020
Poor company to work for, lack of Competence from management. Long working hours and your often left for long periods of time on your own with multiple residents! No support and your expected to do managements work for them on minimum wage. I would avoid this company at all costs. Always underpaid and then you have to wait until the following month for the outstanding money owed
18 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The comments within this review are extremely concerning. Please give as much detail as possible either through our anonymous whistleblowing hotline on 0800 915 1571 or in writing here: https://www.dimensions-uk.org/contact/making-complaint/. Thank you.
Dimensions admin and management team are always very happy to give you all the training you require, they are lovely, supportive people.
Its a moral and ethical company that puts person Centred care ethos into practice. I am proud to work for them and hope to remain part of the team for a long time.
18 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review. We really appreciate the feedback. It's nice to hear that you are having a wonderful experience whilst working with us and always great to hear you feel valued/supported in your team. We’re proud to be providing person-centred support for people with learning disabilities and autism in Somerset!. Many thanks, Rosie.
Working at Dimensions is just and simply stressful because they never hire staff to meet the minimum standards of education at work. Breaking up blowing and whisttsling polices everyday. Bullying is constantly at work and management won't be bother about. Always running out of budgets. No structure or whatsoever. Absolutely a KOs. Executives from the top will never

listen the queries from employees.
18 May 2020
Management are unfair to their younger, newer if you make an inexperienced mistake they will not help amend it. They will use a long probation period against you, and they have little regard to growth in the workplace.
18 May 2020
Managers have all been not very nice people, or if they are nice theyre not very helpfull, they usually make you bad for being ill, and thats basically the only thing you can get fired for. People have done horrendous things and they just get moved to another service, bullying is ignored there and the overall staff atmosphere is petty and the “adults” talk behind eachothers back and try get them firedeachother moved and fired. All services are different but they are all full of bad management and bad staff
18 May 2020
Avoid this company! Poor management! Make the rules up as they go. Mess your pay up and take ages to rectify. Once your on shift the management don’t care if the next staff have rang in sick. Little to none contact with mangers, all phones off or unreachable during office hours. Management employed with no care experience within autism/mental health/challenging behaviour. Do not work here.
18 May 2020
I worked for dimensions for 5 years during this time I would work for 96 hours straight inc sleep in's on many occasions when it was time for me to finish and go home I was told they couldn't get staff to cover and I had to work another 2 or 3 days against my will.dimensions have a lot of rules and procedures which they break whenever it suits them . During my time with dimensions I was continually forced to work
18 May 2020
Felt supported by management and my team throughout my induction and working time. Some services are more relaxed than others but everyday presents a different challenge. Dimensions work hard to provide quality support
Pros
Person centred care, team work, people we support, supportive environment
Cons
Should be better pay (as all support jobs should be)!
18 May 2020
Thank you for leaving such a fantastic review. The people we support are at the centre of everything we do and we work hard to make sure the people supported can live fulfilling and independent lives. This wouldn’t be possible without our amazing team of past and present employees. Best of luck in your career!
Pay is the main issue as in all social care positions with its competitors. The money is infact less than they paid staff 12 years ago ..fair to good management structure as in most employers you have good and bad managers ..
There support however for there clients is second to none ..excellent
18 May 2020
Many thanks for leaving a positive review about the support we are providing. We're proud to be providing person-centered support for people with learning disabilities and autism up and down the UK. We value all of our current and former employees feedback so we would be happy to learn more about your time here and how we can improve. Please feel free to contact HR or resourcing to discuss anytime. We wish you all the best.
I have worked for them for 2 and a half years. All sort of good till I left...
Once I resigned they took lots of my pay things out of my wages.. compassionate leave and sick days. No help even with the covert 19
18 May 2020
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. Please can we try to fix this for you? Please give as much detail as possible either through our anonymous whistleblowing hotline on 0800 915 1571 or in writing here: https://www.dimensions-uk.org/contact/making-complaint/. Thank you.
Dimensions is a lovely place to work, our manager is really helpful, staff I work with are friendly helpful hard working, the job is very rewarding, job satisfaction
Pros
Good job
18 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. 5* experience is excellent! It's nice to hear that you are enjoying your experience with us and you work with a fantastic team. I wish you all the continued success in your role. Many Thanks, Rosie
Terribly managed company with little regard for service users and employees wellbeing. Poor wages, unresponsive and disrespectful supervisors, toxic relationships between colleagues, awful work environment disastrous to your mental health.
18 March 2020
Thank you for your review. We publish the results of our colleague survey in full each year: https://www.dimensions-uk.org/careers/great-places-work/ so that everyone can read the detailed views of the thousands of colleagues who participated in the research.
I enjoyed working at Dimensions. Staff and management are friendly, training is provided, shadowing other staff is provided, it is a fairly caring place especially for vulnerable individuals.

On the other hand, however, I noticed a clingy, non transparent and in my understanding unfair recruitment process, where skillsets and actions do not have the value they should.

Sometimes what is said is more important than actual facts, and concrete evidence. Management tends to rely way too much on witnesses in the context of an investigation, for example, and not on what actually happened. They also leave issues on the subjective discretion of service managers who very rarely reflect on own practice and have a directive approach.

Lack of communication within the management team, makes support staff receive mixed messages.

Overall, Dimensions is a caring provider for supported individuals which is a plus, but left me with the impression that it does not evaluate employees in an objective and fair manner.
I have worked in Bridgend for a while now and I have been supported well by staff and management to develop my skill set and knowledge.

I would/have recommended Dimensions as a career to anyone looking to work within support.
18 March 2020
Wow! Thank you for leaving a 5* review. I'm glad to hear you would recommend Dimensions as an employer. The team here at Dimensions are thrilled to hear such good feedback!
Worked short time with Dimensions very poor at investigating serious incidents I have been both victim and witness and nothing is ever followed up. Management behaviour is questionable, I wouldn’t recommend them
Pros
People we support
Cons
Management team
18 March 2020
Thank you for your review. Your review is concerning so please help us improve by providing as much detail as possible either through our anonymous whistleblowing hotline on 0800 915 1571 or in writing here: https://www.dimensions-uk.org/contact/making-complaint/. Thank you.
Good colleagues, great location overlooking the lake, and lots of activities arranged by the landlords.

This is an exciting world working within the Charity & Care sector. Learnt so much in the time I have been here.
17 February 2020
Thank you for leaving a review and for your kind words. The team here at Dimensions are thrilled to hear such good feedback!
the company doing important things in many peoples life
i enjoy to work with people

i don`t like open space environment

generally i am flexible about things
17 February 2020
Out of all of my jobs i have to say working for Dimensions is probably the best in terms of morals. The work and support they provide is outstanding and commendable.
Pay could be better, the sick leave needs some work but it's a Charity so you take that into account when you apply and work here.

Great atmosphere, everyone is chatty in the office and genuinely want to help.
17 February 2020
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DIMENSIONS UK LTD. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9