Play YouTube video button

DIMENSIONS UK LTD Employee Reviews

fun
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire5 April 2019
Fun and enjoyable place to work that dose not feel like work. rewarding and a friendly environment although the pay is awful with very few benefits...
Unsupported
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent3 April 2019
I worked there 6 months and saw the manager once! No support and expected to travel all around United Kingdom for different training that was always the same. Don’t expect a reference from them as you will not get one. I was based in Stoke-on-Trent but everyone had same issues at training from different parts of the country
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
Awful management
Lead Male Carer (Former Employee) –  Beverley2 April 2019
Management leave you to it
They change things and don’t tell you then moan at you for not knowing
Big blame culture
Want you to travel to staff meeting in Wakefield but won’t pay mileage unless you pick up staff on route
Pros
Friendly under pressure staff
Cons
Bad management
Appalling company.. discriminated against for disabilities I don't even have!! Do not apply
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Undeclared28 March 2019
This company is a joke. I was FIRED for not meeting my probationary period requirements. That requirement being that I didn't tell them about disabilities I have.. AND IM NOT EVEN DISABLED! APPARENTLY those 'disabilities' weren't working for them. Refused to pay my redundancy payment for two months, lied to me about wages. Not to mention fired me for things that were Petty and what's worse is it's not even things I did, it's things those I supported did.

Was verbally assulted by another staff member who kept her job whilst I lost mine.. management rude and corrupt. Remove the victim of a situation so they don't have to deal with the problems it caused. Incident reports get ignored. Training is god awful and all on a computer. if you leave, they won't provide you with any kind of references at all.. not even worth applying for them in this instance alone. HR team refuses to discuss anything with me about probation being ended and say I only had one week after I left to do so.. which is basically no time at all! Honestly look elsewhere these people are more than happy to ruin you career in support work. Management staff haven't done a days care work in their life and have no idea how stressful the job can actually be. Take you for granted and offer no support to you whatsoever. Other employees lie about you after your shadowing, to make you look bad. You either stay quiet as a mouse and do as told,or get fired for standing up for those you work with to support. Disgusting
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Everything else is appalling.. discriminatory company.
Very caring and productive
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Reading, Earley28 March 2019
The best caring company I worked for. Open an transparent, approachable and competent management. Going extra mile for the people they supported and their families
Pros
Training and flexibility
Cons
Could have more money like everywhere else
Summary
Locality Manager (Current Employee) –  South East11 March 2019
I have been working for Dimensions over 3.5 years now and I absolutely love my work, I work as Locality Manager, I am managing 5 services and about 22 staff. The reason why I love working for this company is that I feel trusted with what I do, I am left to it and know that I can call for advice.
My work is very awarding as I love seeing people lives improving and I am part of it
I have been accepted by the Aspire Programme which Dimensions is linked with and I am really enjoying the opportunity as I can see myself learning and progressing in my current role
I would highly recommend working for Dimensions as it is company about the people we support and staff are valued and appreciated
There are also great benefits which Dimensions offers like driving scheme, high street discount vouchers and etc...
Pros
feel valued and appreciated
Cons
sometimes long hours but this is due to the nature of the work
Terrible experience, unskilled unsupportive management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hampshire3 March 2019
Worked as relief staff in Southampton/Eastleigh services. Clients often were neglected and maltreated. Management rewarded if anyone reported these by getting rid of such staff. Managers unresponsive, often rude. Top management blaming you for small things when bad things were reported. Management only cares about keeping their positions. Avoid this company.
Pros
Cons
Abusive management
company was going through changes with regards to managers at the time having to take exams to keep their jobs. Dome failed on IT dtc so were demote e
Lead support (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire27 February 2019
I did not enjoy working there. I feel it was a bad work/life balance. Lack of support from managers. I felt badly let down. May be things have changed
Pros
opportunity to gain my Diploma
Cons
long hours. no breaks unless you smoked. bad work life balance. Lack of support.
Support work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire27 February 2019
Excellent place to work great for people whom love caring like myself but not very good pay and not enough staff to complete the house where I work needs a pay rise to keep staff I think
Pros
£5 meal when out with client
Great support and development
Resourcing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire19 February 2019
I have been with Dimensions for over 5 years now and haven't looked back.
I came to Dimensions with no office experience or knowledge of the care industry. Since then, I have been promoted 5 times within my department, been nominated for an Aspiring person award, completed the Aspire training programme which is available to everyone and up skilled my knowledge in various topics. I feel fully supported by my manager and work closely with my colleagues. We have equality and diversity within the team and everyone is given an equal opportunity to speak their mind and raise any issues or ideas on how we can improve processes.
If you are looking to work for a company where the training and qualifications are provided then this could be for you. Its a really rewarding role and I would recommend to anyone looking to start a career in care or continue to there knowledge in the industry.
Pros
rewarding / work with amazing people / great career developement
Cons
Not enough time
Not good
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk18 February 2019
Management is a joke !!!! if you report things it just gets swept under the carpet (especially if you are friends with management), if you speak your mind then god help you, they always say things will get sorted but never are, nothing is confidential because certain management talk about things outside of work, some of the staff i worked with are amazing at there job but under valued, the only staff who are valued are those who are friends of management who are lazy and do nothing apart from sitting around talking about others behind there backs!!!!

The only part i enjoyed was the people i supported.
The saddest part was leaving them with certain staff who haven't got a caring bone in there body.

After leaving this company i have learnt that things are greener on the other side :)
Pros
people we support and SOME nice staff
Cons
Management is corrupt, certain staff are very lazy, no confidentiality, backstabbing.
You get out of it what you put in
Resourcing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire17 February 2019
I'm new into my role and the training has been well thought out and covered as much as possible. I'm not looked upon in disdain if I ask a question so that I can learn and understand everything better.
The work culture is encouraging, engaging and supportive so that we all can work together.

Most enjoyable part of my role is speaking to so many different people, helping with questions, supporting as best as I can.

The hardest part, not enough hours in the day.
Pros
Support, work environment, colleagues I work with
Cons
not enough time to fit everything in
Great first job in care
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Gosport, Hampshire10 February 2019
Ive been working for Dimensions for just over 3 years now and its been the best 3 years Ive had. Management are very understanding and supportive, great colleagues and the people we care for are wonderful. Ive gained lots of experience from this job and confidence. You are also given the opportunity to gain qualifications all paid for by the company such as the care certificate and NVQ2.
Pros
Qualifications, great colleagues, people we support and great management
Cons
15hr shifts
Puts people we support at the centre
Locality Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampshire7 February 2019
My job is really rewarding and I love working for Dimensions, they put the people we support at the centre and have great values. I feel well supported by management and my team. Working with people it can be heart-breaking at times but you get good support. Most of the people I work with have good values and want to support people to live great lives. Dimensions recognise success.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Pay/benefits could be better
A good place to work
manger (Current Employee) –  Hampshire7 February 2019
Working for Dimensions gives you the opportunity to make a difference to other people's lives both those you work with and for.
The people we support are all very different with individual likes and dislikes.
No 2 days are the same, you get to do the exciting trips and holidays but also the usual day to day activities.
Shifts can be long but you make what you can of them.
There is a great programme called ASPIRE which promotes staff self esteem and abilities.
Pros
people we support.
Cons
Long Hours. Pay isn't famtastic
I feel I can achieve good things here
Manager (Current Employee) –  Theale, Berkshire7 February 2019
I really enjoy working for Dimensions.

It is good to work for an organisation where I feel I can develop and be supported to do so. I've found it to be a very supportive and encouraging culture, where ambition for the people we support is placed very centrally in the way that decisions are made.

I think there are a lot of really good people at Dimensions who are open to new ideas and who support one another to be the best they can be.

I feel fortunate and proud to work for Dimensions and appreciate all of the opportunities working here has given me.
Pros
Good culture and values, focused on people we support, opportunities to progress
Cons
In my job there can be lots of travel
Productive and Good place to work at!
Resourcing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Theale, Berkshire5 February 2019
I have been at Dimensions for over a year now and couldn't be happier.
Great office environment, management does their best to help you reach your potential.
Support is provided in all aspects of your role.
Pros
Work Enviroment
Cons
Pay rise as in any job.
Resourcing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Theale, Berkshire5 February 2019
I work within the office community of Dimensions and have been part of the family for nearly 2 years.

In the last two years I have achieved so much, I have been promoted twice in this time and I thoroughly enjoy my role.

I am part of a great team and we work well together, I deal with a lot of different departments of the company and I find that whoever is speak to I am treated with respect and dignity.

Dimensions is a Family not just an employer, with great career opportunities.
Loads of Opportunity
Resourcing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Theale, Berkshire5 February 2019
I started here in Sept 2018 and have already been given the opportunity to move up into the role above mine, and I am loving it! My work/life balance has been so much better, I am spending more time with family and friends since I started than I have in recent years at previous jobs. The pay is fair and my experience has been nothing but positive.
Fantastic company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Dorset24 January 2019
Dimensions have always been amazing at ensuring the people we support are put at the centre of their care and have a voice.
Dimensions listen to staff and act on what we say.
The management team are proactive and I always feel there is someone to listen to me when I need it.
We were all really proud of our outstanding rating with CQC recently and the management all thanked us individually for our hard work. Looking forward to the next 10 years.
Pros
People we support, being listened to, working as a team
Cons
Could always do with a payrise in any job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DIMENSIONS UK LTD. Our community is ready to answer.