Dimensions Employee Reviews

Out sourced to Dimensions - horrendous
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Somerset13 September 2017
I can honestly say I have never worked for a more unpleasant organisation.
Around 50% of the original workforce have left, making each day a struggle to look after our customers. This is because Dimensions have decided not to honour our existing terms and conditions, many staff will face a reduction of income of around £3000+
Training is all online and their software is unreliable and difficult to use.
Our original managers are great, but we haven't even seen anyone from Dimensions.
The workplace culture is depressed.
The hardest part is watching the service deteriate
The best part is working with the people we support.
Pros
Lovely service users
Cons
Feeling conned
Avoid/stay clear- hideous and outrageous
support behavioural therapist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 September 2017
I had to quit my position with the company after only 4 months because was often make work less than my contracted hours.
The line manager was an incompetent, as I found the standards of care did not even meet the basics needs of the clients, made complaints had no reply or answer from management.
In my case the line manager was in a relationship with one of the support staff and therefore this person had a particular favourable treatment.
Reported it, actions taken none.
Disgrace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Darlington15 August 2017
Stay clear of this company 11 months employment and on 4th manager two of whom were office staff and very incompetent lack even the basic skills to manage staff left to run houses then blame for mistakes oh and don't report accidents or illness they ignore and they don't investigate they suspend then cancel meetings stupid excuses given
Pros
Cons
Very poor managment
Avoid
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire24 July 2017
Based on my experience - the managers are incompetent, the standards of care are poor, the staff are not given adequate training or support and there is a lot of bullying and nastiness that goes on. In the short time that I worked for Dimensions there were members of staff who made numerous errors in the administration of medication which could have been very serious. My advice to you - avoid at all costs
Meh
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham17 July 2017
Good service team for people we support. But management are terrible. Have no idea what happens and don't care for staff. No room for career building. 16 month working and left with terrible management input
Pros
People we support
Cons
Lots.
No leadership in service
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire30 June 2017
I have worked for dimensions for just over a year. There is no leadership within the service and the support staff are expected to manage the service for minimum wage. Training is done online and is ineffective and done as cheaply as possible. (First aid was 2 hours and trainer did not observe CPR or recovery position).
Luckily my team are lovely - though without lead or senior support workers there is a complacency that should not be there- however whilst management sit in their ivory tower churning out more and more irrelevant documentation (anti extremism training - for a woman with PMLD and no way to communicate - really!) that is to be expected.

Meds errors happening - but no meds observations still?! E learning is enough?!
Pros
Company is rubbish so always overtime available when people quit
Cons
Short staffed, ineffective management, focus on budget not care
A very long drawn out application process
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk20 June 2017
After successfully getting offered a position at Dimensions. i was subjected to a horribly long application process, with form after form to complete. Every few days being asked more questions. It became a month until enough was enough.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Poor Application Process
mixture
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset13 June 2017
Staff on floor are amazing to work with and work well as a team, can be lacking higher up you go for some areas, but not all. Long term service users are great and its nice to be able to get to know them fully as their not changing constantly
Pros
staff work together
Cons
short staffed at times
Supportive living / Good expierence
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield1 June 2017
Worked here for many years, permanent contracts are given or bank /relief if you prefer.

Learnt alot about social care and learning disabilities.

Good training and introductions. Never a dull moment.

You become a family as well as a team.

Expierence and friends for life.
Pros
Good Teams
Cons
Responsibility / comes with the job
Mental Health and Dimensions
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London16 May 2017
I worked for Dimensions, I did a brilliant job, never asked for favorites such as special hours or working only days. 3 months + into a very demanding service they decided that due to certain mental health issues I mentioned to my manager, they will get rid off me!! For some reason the HR could predict the future and so avoid me having any breakdowns in the future, they will end my employment. So much so for equality act, diversity, etc. I wonder whether they would have done it if I had high blood pressure or diabetes?.. Unacceptable.
Terrible!
Support worker. (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire4 May 2017
Has to be one of the worst companies for adult social care out there. No support options we used to call them, literally because as a member of staff I never received any support. Was expected to work very long hours for very small pay and not only support a house of four residents with learning disabilities but also do all personal care, admin, personal centered planning, meal preparation, organizing and arrange transport for residents, not uncommon to notch up over 70 hours of work in a week, due to lack of staff. Do not report problems within the home i.e. abuse, bullying as the management don't want to know, they will often turn on you. Steer well clear, there are better care companies out there.
Pros
Supposed to award staff with rewards for shop visits, never saw them.
Cons
Long hours, difficult management.
We care but the management don't!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, Wiltshire14 April 2017
They are always understaffed mainly due to the poor pay which is just above the minimum wage yet we work in an expensive area. We are bullied into working long hours to cover shifts.Management only contact you if something is wrong. Staff morale is low. If you are ill on shift or need to go home for an emergency it's not not going to happen, you have to stay there!
Don't whistleblow as they won't support you. Sadly this company is only about ticking boxes, its the staff who really care about the PWS. The CEO needs to wake up and see what's going on at grass roots.
Cons
poor pay. Long hours.
Excellent company to work for
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Cardiff20 February 2017
I find dimensions a good company to work for and great opportunities to progress.

Everyday is different and it's a very rewarding job
Pros
Good guidance from managers and job opportunities
Cons
Not enough money
excellent progression opportunities
Locality Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire20 January 2017
I joined dimensions in late 2014 as a support worker in a supported living service. I really enjoyed the work and supporting people to live independent lives. I received lots of help and support from my manager and the wider team, gained skills and qualifications whilst working. Dimensions gave me skills to progress to my current role within the company. there were difficult times but this is in the nature of the sector we work in.
Pros
great support from manager and team
Cons
sometimes hours were long
Great Employer, Nice People and Really Enjoy My Work
Housing Broker (Current Employee) –  Essex20 January 2017
I work within the housing department as a home based worker for Dimensions.
I have worked in Housing, Support and Homelessness for 11 years within 3 very well known RSL's and support providers as a support worker working my way up to Management level. Dimensions is by far the best I have worked for.

I consider my salary and benefits very competitive, expectations of me reasonable in terms of work/ objectives and my achievements recognised and rewarded. My role offers great work life balance and flexibility and as such I never mind going over and above to do my best in my role.

I have regular contact with my team mates and wider department as a whole. I find my line manager and senior management figures knowledgeable and approachable. I feel trusted by Dimensions to get on with my job without micro management but supported as if I ever need help I know there is always someone from the team to support me.

The only down side is the fixed term nature of my role due to the way my contract is commissioned so it is out of Dimensions control. I very much would like our fixed term extended but if not I would like to try and find a permanent position so I can stay within Dimensions.
Pros
Rewarding Work & Excellent Work Life Balance
Cons
Fixed Term Contract - Due to the nature of my work nothing to do with the company
Best company I have ever worked for
Resourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Theale, Berkshire18 January 2017
I absolutely love my job - it is fast, busy, challenging and fun. The leadership team encourage change and improvements which means I have had the opportunity to work on lots of really exciting projects.

I joined Dimensions after years of working in the private sector because I felt inspired about what they did and wanted to be part of an organisation that changes peoples lives. Even though I don't work in a support worker role, I am reminded about how my team impacts their lives on a daily basis and I get great satisfaction from that.

Working in the resourcing team means I am on the phone a lot; the department is really fast-paced and target driven which is the environment I thrive in. I love the buzz in our team. The team are really close and supportive of one another and it's a great atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Great team, fast-paced environment, amazing office space, development opportunities
Cons
Nice job, lovely people, good management
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent8 January 2017
I really enjoy this job. Every employee I've worked with is absolutely lovely, very helpful and can't do enough to help when you're new. I only started in July 2016 and already feel like I'm becoming part of the team.

The manager and assistant manager are great too. Get things done on time, especially the rota (weeks and weeks in advance) and accommodate to your needs. As well as being very approachable and easy to get along with.

You will support individuals with personal care, cleaning of their flat, preparing meals, taking them shopping, driving and attending their appointments or meetings with them and more.

You don't have set breaks necessarily, however there is always time to sit down and relax, eat your breakfast or lunch or dinner and use the bathroom whenever you need to.

It's not a hard job and you get treated well by all employers and employees. Some aspects of the job can be demanding e.g. supporting individuals with complex needs such as autism, however it is still a rewarding job being able to support them to be as happy and independent as possible.

If you are caring by nature and genuinely want to help individuals in need of support, and get along well with most people, then it is an ideal place to work. Honestly can't think of a negative thing to say about it!
Pros
Great team, efficient managers, lovely environment
Cons
Could be considered unsociable hours (some evening and weekends)
Not very good in supporting staff
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Southampton7 January 2017
Not had a very good experience due to being bullied by another colleague from day one and reported it every time but nothing was ever done .
This resulted to a disciplinary hearing and loosing my job .
I feel that I was unfairly treated .
The only rewarding thing I had out of my job was giving people a better Quality of life and Independence.
Pros
Cons
No help or support for employers when needed
Best job
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Didcot, Oxfordshire6 January 2017
Really supportive company with lots of benefits. Love the work, working and changing the lives of vulnerable people. Lots of opportunity of progression and climbing the ladder. I've done care work for years and this is the best support worker job I've ever had!
Pros
Company benefits
Support workers are the back bone!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kidderminster, Worcestershire26 December 2016
Support workers given more and more responsibility for rubbish pay. Management never around so you are left to deal with things yourself as a staff team which put you more and more at risk! Management are not supportive at all If you are sick deal with it because management will have their phones turned off and will not give a toss about you - people we support do not get the quality of life they should have. Overall disappointing company to work for.
Pros
You meet nice people
Cons
Rubbish pay with no support system