Dimensions Employee Reviews

Bend over backwards for them then they f**k you
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire13 December 2017
Used to have a good manager. Now that has changed and we all got last minute shift changes, 2 sleep ins in a row, just generally messed about.. It takes it's toll. Management do not care about you. We didn't have meetings/feedback/communication etc, we were just all expected to know everything and do everything for minimum wage. Support workers are EXPLOITED.
Luckily the service users are mostly a joy to work with that was the only thing that kept me going. But do not apply to Dimensions they are a poorly run company that treats you like mushrooms- kept in the dark and fed on bulls**t.
Pros
Services users
Cons
Stupid hours, no notice for shift changes, poor management, rubbish pay, lack of meetings, lack of feedback, lack of communication, too much responsibilty
Good company with lots of benifits
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire30 November 2017
I have worked for Dimensions for a few years now and all I can say is how value based they are not only for the people that they support but for the staff as well. They invest in career development and I myself feel I have developed in my role with the use of a development programme Dimensions have put in place.
Pros
Management are supportive in progression and everybody is there for the people we support
Cons
None at present
We take them to community ironing at home cook food
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire23 November 2017
I like to work with people in York I have been here since 2016 up to present I have no call sick since I started. I work long hours I work hard night nights weekend days
Incompetent management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire.11 November 2017
Management incompetent and unsupportive, one in particular extremely passive aggressive and up her own backside. My advice would be to think again and
steer clear of this company it has to be the worst i've ever worked for. There's absolutely no respect for staff at Dimensions and you really are just a number.
Rate of pay poor.
Long lone working hours, 24 hours+ shifts when should be 2 to 1. Ilegal but hey!
Pros
Cons
Where to start?!
Poor managment
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bath9 November 2017
Poor management. Poor organisation and communication. General lack of appreciation for the staff. VERY high staff turn over! Issues seemed to be just swept under the carpet than actually resolved.
Avoid at all costs
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire5 November 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for! Treated poorly by management. Management have little to no respect for there staff. As long as the rota is covered by staff management don't care. Unnecessary pressure is put on staff ! Some days you never know if you will be finishing your shift on time or have to stay over and work double shifts. ( phone calls to come in and work your days off) Work colleagues are lovely to work with shame about all the management who don't know what they are doing .
Pros
Friendly support staff
Cons
No life, long hours, low pay
As long as you are filling the rota...
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  West Midlands20 September 2017
As long as you are picking up shifts management are fine, if you can't then they you are of no use, always short staffed, sometimes where you are having to take one pws into another's flat to double up support, so much pressure on support workers to do everything from personal care to attend serious medical appointments, and write support plans, management close ranks when it suits.

No home/life balance at all, have had to stay two extra days straight through as a support worker didn't show up to take me off and no one else would cover. 15 hour shifts with no breaks.

Manager never did support shifts so had zero idea of needs of pws.
Pros
The people supported are great on the whole.
Cons
Long hours, too much pressure, no management support.
Out sourced to Dimensions - horrendous
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Somerset13 September 2017
I can honestly say I have never worked for a more unpleasant organisation.
Around 50% of the original workforce have left, making each day a struggle to look after our customers. This is because Dimensions have decided not to honour our existing terms and conditions, many staff will face a reduction of income of around £3000+
Training is all online and their software is unreliable and difficult to use.
Our original managers are great, but we haven't even seen anyone from Dimensions.
The workplace culture is depressed.
The hardest part is watching the service deteriate
The best part is working with the people we support.
Pros
Lovely service users
Cons
Feeling conned
Avoid/stay clear- hideous and outrageous
support behavioural therapist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 September 2017
I had to quit my position with the company after only 4 months because was often make work less than my contracted hours.
The line manager was an incompetent, as I found the standards of care did not even meet the basics needs of the clients, made complaints had no reply or answer from management.
In my case the line manager was in a relationship with one of the support staff and therefore this person had a particular favourable treatment.
Reported it, actions taken none.
Disgrace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Darlington15 August 2017
Stay clear of this company 11 months employment and on 4th manager two of whom were office staff and very incompetent lack even the basic skills to manage staff left to run houses then blame for mistakes oh and don't report accidents or illness they ignore and they don't investigate they suspend then cancel meetings stupid excuses given
Pros
Cons
Very poor managment
Avoid
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire24 July 2017
Based on my experience - the managers are incompetent, the standards of care are poor, the staff are not given adequate training or support and there is a lot of bullying and nastiness that goes on. In the short time that I worked for Dimensions there were members of staff who made numerous errors in the administration of medication which could have been very serious. My advice to you - avoid at all costs
Meh
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham17 July 2017
Good service team for people we support. But management are terrible. Have no idea what happens and don't care for staff. No room for career building. 16 month working and left with terrible management input
Pros
People we support
Cons
Lots.
No leadership in service
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire30 June 2017
I have worked for dimensions for just over a year. There is no leadership within the service and the support staff are expected to manage the service for minimum wage. Training is done online and is ineffective and done as cheaply as possible. (First aid was 2 hours and trainer did not observe CPR or recovery position).
Luckily my team are lovely - though without lead or senior support workers there is a complacency that should not be there- however whilst management sit in their ivory tower churning out more and more irrelevant documentation (anti extremism training - for a woman with PMLD and no way to communicate - really!) that is to be expected.

Meds errors happening - but no meds observations still?! E learning is enough?!
Pros
Company is rubbish so always overtime available when people quit
Cons
Short staffed, ineffective management, focus on budget not care
A very long drawn out application process
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk20 June 2017
After successfully getting offered a position at Dimensions. i was subjected to a horribly long application process, with form after form to complete. Every few days being asked more questions. It became a month until enough was enough.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Poor Application Process
mixture
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset13 June 2017
Staff on floor are amazing to work with and work well as a team, can be lacking higher up you go for some areas, but not all. Long term service users are great and its nice to be able to get to know them fully as their not changing constantly
Pros
staff work together
Cons
short staffed at times
Supportive living / Good expierence
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield1 June 2017
Worked here for many years, permanent contracts are given or bank /relief if you prefer.

Learnt alot about social care and learning disabilities.

Good training and introductions. Never a dull moment.

You become a family as well as a team.

Expierence and friends for life.
Pros
Good Teams
Cons
Responsibility / comes with the job
Mental Health and Dimensions
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London16 May 2017
I worked for Dimensions, I did a brilliant job, never asked for favorites such as special hours or working only days. 3 months + into a very demanding service they decided that due to certain mental health issues I mentioned to my manager, they will get rid off me!! For some reason the HR could predict the future and so avoid me having any breakdowns in the future, they will end my employment. So much so for equality act, diversity, etc. I wonder whether they would have done it if I had high blood pressure or diabetes?.. Unacceptable.
Terrible!
Support worker. (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire4 May 2017
Has to be one of the worst companies for adult social care out there. No support options we used to call them, literally because as a member of staff I never received any support. Was expected to work very long hours for very small pay and not only support a house of four residents with learning disabilities but also do all personal care, admin, personal centered planning, meal preparation, organizing and arrange transport for residents, not uncommon to notch up over 70 hours of work in a week, due to lack of staff. Do not report problems within the home i.e. abuse, bullying as the management don't want to know, they will often turn on you. Steer well clear, there are better care companies out there.
Pros
Supposed to award staff with rewards for shop visits, never saw them.
Cons
Long hours, difficult management.
We care but the management don't!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, Wiltshire14 April 2017
They are always understaffed mainly due to the poor pay which is just above the minimum wage yet we work in an expensive area. We are bullied into working long hours to cover shifts.Management only contact you if something is wrong. Staff morale is low. If you are ill on shift or need to go home for an emergency it's not not going to happen, you have to stay there!
Don't whistleblow as they won't support you. Sadly this company is only about ticking boxes, its the staff who really care about the PWS. The CEO needs to wake up and see what's going on at grass roots.
Cons
poor pay. Long hours.
Excellent company to work for
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Cardiff20 February 2017
I find dimensions a good company to work for and great opportunities to progress.

Everyday is different and it's a very rewarding job
Pros
Good guidance from managers and job opportunities
Cons
Not enough money