Dimensions Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with a lot of opportunity to progress
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea13 July 2018
Very good company to work for where progression and development is key to the company. Always puts the people we support first and makes everything personal to them. Lots of fun and there is a lot of pleasure when you see someone you support succeeding and accomplishing their goals.
Pros
Progression
not enough support
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset12 July 2018
days were long and you're often left alone to care for multiple vulnerable people without full training. all training is done online and is completely mind numbing. residents in the home never get out or have things to do in the day, most of them are just left to sit there. sleep ins are a joke, 24.5 hour shift and you're only paid hourly for 15 of them then you get £30 for the sleeping bit. staff are miserable, lack of food in the house and no decent meals are ever prepared. was offered the job and then didn't start for a month till after i accepted the offer because the company is so unorganised. the only good thing about the job is the people who we care for
Pros
Cons
everything
Bad work/life balance, not very good pay
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom11 July 2018
Dimensions is a good company to work for if you don't have any other responsibilities. Some people are made to work long hours (over 24 hours with no time to go home for a break). Management don't ask before they put you in for overtime. If you have a day off it wont be a day off for long before you get rota'd in without being told - even a day before. Minimum wage. Rota's are easy to access online. Good annual leave.
Pros
Easy to access rotas
Cons
There can be long hours, Low pay for the job you do
Awful company stay clear
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hampshire9 May 2018
Don't work at kilford Court manager is horrible the staff backstab. Only good thing is the service users are lovely. Got me through the day. New manager made my life a misery had to be signed off work as it was making g me ill. Pay is bad.
Pros
Service users lovely
Cons
Pay bad manager is awful and back stabbing staff.
Atrocious pay rate, evidently gendered
Female Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead20 March 2018
Below living wage, exploitative, sexist and completely opportunistic business making profit from the labour of carers with no regard to carers' own wellbeing
Very good
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Southampton20 March 2018
I came here after working in a care home.
They are so flexible. They allow me to work around my little one. They are always asking if its ok. The mangers are out supporting too so they know what it is like and actually know the people you support.
Good training. The pay has gone up. I am happy here. Its so rewarding too.

Only downside is the mileage on the car. You get paid for some but in my opionion its not enough.
Pros
Flexible, good pay, nice people
Cons
Car milage.
Wouldn't go near them!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Somerset26 February 2018
Too much reliance on computers. Nearly all training done on computers - a lot of it is 'rough' around the edges, 'rushed though', some multiple choice questions make little sense. Managers spend forever on computers, not 'in the field', it makes them faceless and 'computer says no' kind of people. A lot of them incompetent, ill-equipped to do the job, don't understand specifics, had very little experience working with service users and do not display exemplary work practices or ethics!
Good care company moving with the times and passionate about Compliance
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire11 February 2018
Dimensions is a good company I have worked for 3 other care companies in the past and I should say I have stayed with Dimensions for 13yrs due to the fact that I feel valued. They recognise my potential they are supportive processes and system and everyone is treated with respect. Dimensions take Bullying very seriously and they make sure that their staff are trained to do a good job and support people with their needs. I have never been forced to do overtime but to honour my contracted hours. If I want overtime its my choice to pick it up for extra hours and money.
Good policies and procedures!
The rate of pay could do with being increased to encourage staff to stay on with the company and I have been lucky to have had good managers in the past who have been supportive and always made sure I got my supervisions on time. In this job making your initiative is important everyday is always different but that come with the job so you need to have the heart for it and enjoy the difference in peoples lives. I look past peoples disabilities now I realise they also deserve the same life as me thanks Dimensions for the training and your values!!
Will I move from Dimensions? maybe one day but so far my 13yrs have been pleasant yes challenging at times but what care company doesn't come with challenges.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay could be better
Avoid
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Beverley/York6 February 2018
Made to work 15hrs shifts without a break followed by sleep over and then another 15 hour shift, if a member of staff didn’t turn up due to sickness you had to stay ... management didn’t care if you didn’t have enough food for an extra shift or medication... no support when you had been attacked by the service user.. especially when they are not safe to be in a public place
Carrer prospects
Specialist Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Weymouth5 February 2018
I have been working for dimensions for the last 18months and I have never had a bad work to say about them every time I wanted to progress in a area I will be given a opportunity to do this they have one of the top Carrer path ways in the UK and can always make the option for you to do this
Pros
Carrer prospects are amazing
Cons
Lots of changes in rota
Dogs body
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Shropshire19 January 2018
Unless you are willing to work every weekend and 15 hour shift consecutively you are useless to dimensions, they try and tell you how to support service users yet don't do a shift themselves, they expect you to do all the support plans audits and safety checks plus supporting your client all for minimum wage then when conflicts start on the floor they just shy away from it. There is no adequate training when you bring it to there attention they basically tell you if you don't like it find another job. Management are never in the building and never interact with the service users either. Staff turnover is ridiculous and constantly have agency who are incompetent to look after themselves.
Pros
Cons
Minimum wage, lack of support, poor management
good place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire9 January 2018
fun long hours very rewarding fun placeto work the management is ok get to go outplaces working withpeople with learning disabilities just a good place to work
Pros
lunch
Cons
rewarding
Very good place to work!
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Theale6 January 2018
Lots of opportunity to develop, very supportive management, every day was different! I really enjoyed this role and the various I gained whilst working here.
Proactive support team
Lead support worker (Current Employee) –  Norwich15 December 2017
Keeping up "with the times".
Too much restructuring taking lace in the past few years.
Service managers are nice and approachable
Try and provide a good quality of life for the people we support by providing them with all their needs and wishes. Try and keep the people we support as independent as possible
Pros
People we support are supported well.
Cons
Too far from where I live
Bend over backwards for them then they f**k you
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire13 December 2017
Used to have a good manager. Now that has changed and we all got last minute shift changes, 2 sleep ins in a row, just generally messed about.. It takes it's toll. Management do not care about you. We didn't have meetings/feedback/communication etc, we were just all expected to know everything and do everything for minimum wage. Support workers are EXPLOITED.
Luckily the service users are mostly a joy to work with that was the only thing that kept me going. But do not apply to Dimensions they are a poorly run company that treats you like mushrooms- kept in the dark and fed on bulls**t.
Pros
Services users
Cons
Stupid hours, no notice for shift changes, poor management, rubbish pay, lack of meetings, lack of feedback, lack of communication, too much responsibilty
Good company with lots of benifits
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire30 November 2017
I have worked for Dimensions for a few years now and all I can say is how value based they are not only for the people that they support but for the staff as well. They invest in career development and I myself feel I have developed in my role with the use of a development programme Dimensions have put in place.
Pros
Management are supportive in progression and everybody is there for the people we support
Cons
None at present
We take them to community ironing at home cook food
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire23 November 2017
I like to work with people in York I have been here since 2016 up to present I have no call sick since I started. I work long hours I work hard night nights weekend days
Incompetent management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire.11 November 2017
Management incompetent and unsupportive, one in particular extremely passive aggressive and up her own backside. My advice would be to think again and
steer clear of this company it has to be the worst i've ever worked for. There's absolutely no respect for staff at Dimensions and you really are just a number.
Rate of pay poor.
Long lone working hours, 24 hours+ shifts when should be 2 to 1. Ilegal but hey!
Pros
Cons
Where to start?!
Poor managment
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bath9 November 2017
Poor management. Poor organisation and communication. General lack of appreciation for the staff. VERY high staff turn over! Issues seemed to be just swept under the carpet than actually resolved.
Avoid at all costs
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire5 November 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for! Treated poorly by management. Management have little to no respect for there staff. As long as the rota is covered by staff management don't care. Unnecessary pressure is put on staff ! Some days you never know if you will be finishing your shift on time or have to stay over and work double shifts. ( phone calls to come in and work your days off) Work colleagues are lovely to work with shame about all the management who don't know what they are doing .
Pros
Friendly support staff
Cons
No life, long hours, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimensions. Our community is ready to answer.