Diamond Bus Company Employee Reviews

Terrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tividale4 April 2019
Busses are all scrap! Every bus in limp mode. Managers haven’t got a clue, office staff are clueless. Wages are rubbish (if they actually bother to pay you!) long hours with poor breaks always pushing the legal limits! Promise this and that in your interview and then back track when it comes down to it! Don’t know how this company is still operating, the place needs shutting down!
Pros
Not one!!
fast paced, good colleagues
PSV Driver (Current Employee) –  Tividale20 March 2019
good company to work for, most drivers/background staff are ok, plenty overtime if you want it, issued uniform, fairly decent company to work for, some long duties, experience can be gained if new to the industry, variety of routes, management/passengers can be annoying at times
Pros
free travel, good banter, work available, Weekly pay
Cons
low wage, some long hours, early starts late finishes
Terrible/Dangerous company, a law to themself
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  North West15 February 2019
If you want to work for a company that likes to cut corners and puts getting the work covered before the safety of their drivers and passengers, then this is the ideal place for you.

Communication is almost non-existent. Shifts can be very long (12-13 hours on some duties,) breaks are fitted in more when it's convenient rather than when required (You are expected to work to the limit of 5.5 hours on some, with no regard for the possibility of accidents/incidents, which causes undue stress and a risk of breaking the law) Allocators don't care about the drivers, they are spoken down to most of the time.

Defect reporting is just an ink exercise, as the same noted defects will still be there next time you get the same bus. Red warning lights (ABS/ engine management lights) are never a concern. You may be asked to "say they only came on when you left the depot." Unless your bus completely breaks down, you will be asked to just carry on.

If you have a day off sick, you will suffer bullying style treatment (victimisation) for the following few days (ignored or spoken to like you are nothing) Your shifts will be altered without notice then you will face disciplinary action because of the managements lack of communication.

If you prefer to be happy in your job, stay away!
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
Dint go there
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 January 2019
not recommended if you value your physical and mental health. Poor pay, poor buses with no heating, abyssal management who show no respect to drivers whatsoever. Work there at your peril.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, unroadworthy vehicles, a idiot for a manager
Atherton
Bus driver (Current Employee) –  Atherton north west5 January 2019
I have never worked for such an incompetent company. The allocators couldn't care less about their drivers and are clueless .the fleat is old and very badly maintained. They need takeing off the road
Pros
Cons
Old buses low pay cold buses clueless allocators no organisation
There's bad, and then there's Diamond
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atherton, Greater Manchester24 December 2018
If Indeed would allow less than one star for ratings, that's what I'd be giving.
In all my years as a driver, I have never worked for such an incompetent company. The allocators couldn't care less about their drivers and will regularly stitch you up just so they can cover the rota's because their mismanagement has led to massive driver shortages.
The buses, oh yes, the buses! The fleet should have been in a scrapyard ten years ago, how on earth the DVSA allows these vehicles on a public road is a mystery. Badly maintained, breakdowns EVERY day, I kid you not. If you ring the office to complain about the demisters not working, it's YOUR fault because you were stupid enough not to know you need to bring a cloth to work.
The shift's are very long because they haven't got the driver's to cover the rota's, yet still they take on new routes despite being understaffed.
If you ring the office to say you need a replacement bus, on the off chance someone actually bother's to ANSWER the phone, you will be told there are no spare buses to give you and you will have to make do.
So in short, this company is the most clueless, uncaring excuse for a transport operator there has ever been, and if you have a shred of self respect, STAY AWAY.
Pros
The exit
Very bad place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire10 December 2018
Unresponsible management, unsafe vehicles, long working hours. Rota poorly planned, the buses were in poor condition, no breaks included in daily routes for the drivers. Overall would not recommend to work for this company unless you are desperate.
Pros
Free bus passes for family members.
Cons
Unbareble working conditions.
Absolute joke of a company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atherton, Greater Manchester7 December 2018
Worked at Atherton and my god what a dump. Buses very old. Alloctators clueless, your always late due to insufficient running times, pay is very low and you get treated very bad, AVOID AVOID AVOID,, worst place I've ever worked
Pros
Free pass
Cons
The whole company is a joke
Atherton depo worse depo in the country
Pcv driver (Former Employee) –  Atherton, Greater Manchester6 December 2018
One of the lowest paid bus driver jobs in the north west. Treated like rubbish of the so called allocators.Old rundown cold buses. Not enough time on running boards to get there at morning or get back at night so they don't pay you for the extra mins. Take 1 hour 15mins of you a day. Horrendous place avoid at all costs.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Dont get paid for all your shift
Not all bad
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster12 November 2018
I worked at Kidderminster depot where I found my work colleagues to be fantastic people, I am still in touch with most of them now, I had commitments on Saturday so they worked around it for me, the management we're fine at kiddy, admittedly most of the buses are a huge let down but the routes were great 9 o'clock latest finish, myself personally always had problems with my holiday pay for some reason. I have left and returned on 3 occasions if the buses were more reliable, 100% I would still be there but only at kiddy.
Pros
Fantastic work friends
Cons
Buses not the best, especially no heaters in winter.
Long hours ie 12 to 13 hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire12 November 2018
Long hours ie 12 to 13 hours a day low pay for wot you have to do work a 5 days and only get 4 days pay buses are cold and rattling and lake of comucitaion from mangers
Pros
Meet people
Cons
Long hours no respect
Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kiddy15 October 2018
Great team and great bunch of bus drivers no pressure like other bus companies and (no rubbish rotas like starting at 2 or 3 or 4am like nx and no victimisation like at nx) great general public friendly fantastic points are no bank holidays no Sunday work no late nights what more can I say bosses great to work with can be very flexible help you out when you need will move your holidays round if you need
Pros
Free travel free travel for family no pressure driver friendly rotas great environment great boss
Cons
None great driver friendly rotas helpfull traffic staff
Bus driver and handling money
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Tividale25 August 2018
Low pay
No social life
Cold buses
Tight running times
No air conditioning
Cpc course in our own time without getting paid for it
Don't get requested days off
Pros
Nine
Cons
Very long hours
Micky mouse company
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Kidderminster19 July 2018
Driving scrap yard buses i.e no speedo, breaks failing, wheels falling of, engine's cutting off while in motion, half the dash dosent or ever works all together! Low wage. Micky mouse management. No uniforms provided. No induction. Thrown in the deep end and made to figure it all out for yourself. Under staffed. Money taken out you're wage if you're short. Not always paid correctly. Diamonds route learner doesnt even have a car licence. But top bloke. My advice stay away you will be only wasting you're own time. There better company's out there to work for who actually look after there drivers
Pros
Home time
Cons
Low wage clapped out buses
Joke of a company
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Atherton, Greater Manchester28 June 2018
Cast of bangers for buses always breaking down, mechanics useless and management clueless always swapping dutys and forcing you to do overtime due to short staff/ drivers money an insult for the abuse you receive off passengers
Pros
Home time
Cons
The job
Terrible place
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, Worcestershire6 June 2018
Nightmare place to work, horrible management especially the inspectors.
Buses are a liability and shouldn’t be on the road!
The attitude of senior staff towards drivers is terrible.
Constantly harassed to work rest days as there is a shortage of drivers due to people coming and going constantly.
Money is terrible £8.60 ph you could get that driving for ASDA!
Main problem is the condition of buses expect constant complaints from customers due to breakdowns or just general cleanliness of the vehicles!
But hay you get Sunday’s of and bank holidays which allows you to contemplate your next week of being undervalued and abused!
Pros
Cons
Terrible management especially inspector’s
good work place
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  West Midlands21 May 2018
i enjoyed working at diamond but i now want something different with better paid and good facilities. the hours were too long and the pay wasnt good either.
Pros
free uniform
Not a bad company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 March 2018
I worked for diamond in nechelles Birmingham biggest mistake was to sell depo
Good company to work for I have a lot of respect for management and drivers good people to work for
Work for nx now would have stayed moved to to tividale enjoyed my time there
Long hours should I'm prove pay
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of hours
Very Very Bad
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Tividale6 January 2018
Buses that have almost every part broken such as drivers door, drivers seat, drivers controls. Buses regularly catch on fire. Hundreds of drivers but only two cash processing machines and 2 toilets. Wages poor, an extremely stressful and depressing company to work for.
Diamond bus can compete and beat its competitors. Look after your buses, get cash vaults installed and look after the needs of your drivers.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
good company to work for!
driver (Former Employee) –  long acre b722 December 2017
I know that they're buying up companies like any thing
2nd biggest in European I have driven for this company
or group of companies
I tend to speak my mind
Pros
could send more time in inproving their buses
Cons
free travel uniform